Ds Creative- The Magazine for Daz Studio users!

Comments

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

Another fine issue; interesting, entertaining and helpful. Thank you very much!

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 514
    edited December 1969

Thanks its nice to have something presented instead of searching sometimes:-)

• DrakenborgDrakenborg Posts: 185
    edited December 1969

Welcome to DS Creative Issue 10 the only magazine for DAZ Studio users
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_10
    While we are happy for you to share the above link, please do not download the magazine and share elsewhere, DS Creative should only be available through www.Issuu.com

DSC_Front_Cover.jpg
    1240 x 1754 - 918K
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys! :) We couldnt do it without the readers and those that contribute with tuts and images, and all the wonderful vendors!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,760
    edited December 1969

...bugger, ISSUU is not recognising my login.

Flash is far to difficult for me to read and I need it in PDF. Already contacted their help desk on this matter..

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210
    edited April 2015

Kyoto Kid said:

Flash is far to difficult for me to read and I need it in PDF. Already contacted their help desk on this matter..

Same thing happened to me - I was convinced I was typing the right thing, changed to a different browser (from IE to Chrome) and bingo it just worked! (Weird though)
    ETA: Thanks guys and gals for the new issue, it looks interesting (again) - especially pleased with the AprilYSH article and her freebie :-)
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    edited December 1969

I'm catching up on the March and April issues and... there's a power pose function in DAZ? -_- I can't believe I wasted so many hours posing hands without it...

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Same thing happened to me - I was convinced I was typing the right thing, changed to a different browser (from IE to Chrome) and bingo it just worked! (Weird though)
    ETA: Thanks guys and gals for the new issue, it looks interesting (again) - especially pleased with the AprilYSH article and her freebie :-)

similar problem occurs for me with IE; I find that if I go to the tools menu and uncheck the ActiveX Filtering menu item that it will then work

might check this for you issue

edited December 1969

...I'm on FF and didn't' have this issue the last time. Didn't update FF either as versions newer than 30.1 tend to freeze up on my notebook.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,087
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I'm on FF and didn't' have this issue the last time. Didn't update FF either as versions newer than 30.1 tend to freeze up on my notebook.

I'm on Firefox on XP and just signed in and downloaded the pdf - no issues.

edited December 1969

Movie poster competition- (sorry about the delay, completely slipped my mind to post here)

1st place-
    20 $ From BWC
    1 item from bobbie25 http://www.daz3d.com/bobbie25
    1 item from Lunchlady (no co vendors) (rendo)

2nd place
    10 $ From BWC
    1 Item from Sedor http://www.daz3d.com/sedor
    1 item from Pandygirl http://www.daz3d.com/pandygirl

3rd place-
    5 $ From BWC
    1 item from Totte (yurdigital)

(deadline 22nd, must be new/not displayed online before)
    NOTE- No bundles policy on everyone!

mp.jpg
    1800 x 1273 - 609K
    edited December 1969

Welcome to DS Creative Issue 11 the only magazine for DAZ Studio users
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_11
    While we are happy for you to share the above link, please do not download the magazine and share elsewhere, DS Creative should only be available through www.Issuu.com

Winners of the competition will get a formal note by me within 24 hours. Congrats and a big thank you to those that contributed to this issue!

11154703_575733099235362_1664405611962254510_o.jpg
    679 x 960 - 85K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,317
    edited December 1969

Love all the issues thank you very much

edited December 1969

...I have been experiencing nothing but difficulty with logging onto the site. I submitted a support ticket and the other day they set me up with a temporary password. so I could log on and set a new one. Now today when I tried to log in with the new password, I keep getting the following message:

We couldn't log you in. If you don't have an
    account yet, you can create one here.

I need to be able to get a PDF version as the Flash setup just makes it too difficult for me to read since I don't have a tablet and am on a conventional notebook computer. I have missed several issues now due to the troubles I've been experiencing with the ISSUU site.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I'm having the same problem, KK. I don't know what changed because I was able to save a PDF for most of them.

edited December 1969

...I would not re-distribute to anyone else, I just would like to be able to read it in a "normal" fashion.

Flash is a pain to deal with, especially for printed matter. I know the idea is to try and make it look and function like a paper magazine, but I don't have a 36" wide screen display so I can expand the two page image large enough to where text is readable . I find it dizzying on my notebook to try and move around the page (same complaint I have about the Daz store site with all those sideways scrolling bands) whereas with a PDF I just have to move/page up or down like a normal digital document.

Of what I was able to see read, I really like this publication. I just cannot handle the format the site presents it in (as well as the ongoing login issues I've been experiencing). I'd actually prefer to have a hardcopy version I that I had to pay for at the local newsstand as then I could read it "normally".

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Guys!

What a great little mag! How come though I don't get to find out about it till now!? Kyoto, why didn't anyone mention this in my thread!? I've been looking for something like this ever since 3DWorld decided it was too highbrow to include the likes of DS in its hallowed pages.

Looks like I've got a LOT of catching up to do!

CHEERS!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,840
    edited December 1969

Seems like I can only look at the front page, do I have to register somewhere? I did't see anything indicating that.
    Oh.. does it require flash? that would explain my problem.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

I don't mind the reading format so much. Switching to full screen mode makes it much more readable. The magazine is very nice, good articles, well written. And I appreciate the embedded freebies. BUT (you knew this was coming), I have one real gripe with the magazine. In order to make it look more like a hardcopy magazine with pages that curl when you turn them, they put a glossy shine over the pages close to the center spine. I *hate* that. It's like they put a semi-transparent reflection map over the pages. Why put something on top of an artist's work they did not intend to be there? Maybe people didn't even notice it, but when it falls right across somebody's artwork, it ruins the image for me. Please, please get rid of it. Other than that, keep up the good work.

edited December 1969

Welcome to DS Creative Issue 12 the only magazine for DAZ Studio users
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_12

To download the PDF, create an account (free) go to Share- Download (grey text)
    (While we are happy for you to share the above link, please do not download the magazine and share elsewhere, DS Creative should only be available through http://www.Issuu.com
    If you see DS Creative available from anywhere else please let us know.)

download_screen.jpg
    1070 x 206 - 58K
    cover12.jpg
    1240 x 1754 - 494K
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,850
    edited December 1969

Looks like the interface has changed, in order for me to download the magazine I had to go to full screen and then I saw an icon for the download option.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I don't know what changed, but this month's issue is much easier for me to read. I did download it, but also read it on line. Thanks for a very informative magazine and special thanks for the freebies.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Good issue this month...just skimmed through it.

edited December 1969

Thanks guys,

Now downloading the .pdf, which I shall peruse at my leisure.

CHEERS!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited December 1969

As your competetion this month requires 3 of the freebies you give away is there any way to get the previous issues freebies please?

edited December 1969

They should all still be available. Did you download the back issues? I was able to get all the freebies from them that I wanted.

CHEERS!

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,098
    edited December 1969

What we really need is a LIST of all the freebies, so even if we have them downloaded, we wont have to slog through back issues to see which ones they are.

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

It won't let me read it unless I sign up and sign in because it may contain 'inappropriate content', have to verify that I am 18 or over!

This is new and very recent as earlier today I could read it as usual.

edited December 1969

Apparently someone reported the mag, (no nudity except one but covered, as we follow the DAZ TOS) but it can still be viewed however one have to log in to view it. we have sent in a support ticket, hopefully it will be resolved soon!

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited June 2015

Just flipped through the magazine. Some really great art by people. And the article summarizing customizing the UI looks very helpful. It's going to be nice to build up these issues as a reference resource for helpful things like this.

Say, how about an article about the Layer Editor sometime?

Apparently someone reported the mag, (no nudity except one but covered, as we follow the DAZ TOS) but it can still be viewed however one have to log in to view it. we have sent in a support ticket, hopefully it will be resolved soon!

What? That is so freaking silly! Sheesh, my opinion of Issuu just keeps plummeting lower. Not only do they fail at coding a decent UI (this time their UI makes my browser zoom when I try to zoom into the magazine, just lovely), but they also cave that easily for a baseless complaint?

I went through the whole magazine trying to figure out what the complaint was about, and I came up empty. *Maybe* the contest winners on page 24 and 25 could be construed as nudity but as you say, nothing is actually shown. And those are clearly artistic images. If someone has a problem with the various revealing outfits, then they must not have spent any time at the beach in the last 20 years.

Hopefully you can get this resolved and the people running Issuu can grow some brain cells.

Also nice job on pointing how to download the issue as a PDF so newcomers don't have to deal with Issuu UI, but it seems that Issuu has apparently disabled that function right now because I guess they don't want to offend people by allowing this horrible smut to spread across the Internet (Note that was sarcasm) Forget about growing brain cells for those people, they need entirely whole replacement brains.

Edit - BTW the product codes for AM's fox on Page 19 work fine in the Issuu UI but the link for the freebie on page 20 doesn't. The Portal Freebie on Page 53 does work. /pulls hair out.

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
This discussion has been closed.