Shape Gen & Shape Gen Plus for Genesis 3 & 8 (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited March 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Latest version is 1.2

Latest changes -

Improved some MacOS GUI issues. Fixed issue where script would not be added to Scripts menu in rare cases.

Promo Video

Popup_0.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Popup_1.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 806K
Popup_2.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 927K
Popup_3.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Popup_4.jpg
2000 x 1066 - 1M
Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

@Zev0 im beginning to think you are a tease..... Waits with impatience!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Don't meant to be lol. I have to make these threads in advanced so the product support icons point to the right place when product is packaged.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Ok! Could you give us a sentence or two to let us know what this might be?

Please.

edited July 2020

It's a shape randomizer, but designed very differently. You have more control in a very nice new UI. This is all I can show for now...

1.JPG
    885 x 732 - 83K
    2.JPG
    890 x 734 - 79K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    Zev0 said:

It's a shape randomizer, but designed very differently. You have more control in a very nice new UI. This is all I can show for now...

So, it's not something to shape the gens?  frown

(Or does it shape the gens as well, but just in a very random way?) 

edited July 2020

"(Or does it shape the gens as well, but just in a very random way?) "

Depends how many gens morphs you havecheeky

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

Oooooohhhh, this sounds good

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Cool.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Looks good! Thank you for the info. WIll patiently await more.

First post updated with promos and Promo video.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Can't wait!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I just watched the video.  At the end you are mixing morphs from two different generations.  Could we use this and select a single morph to just copy the morph instead of using a character converter?

edited August 2020

Oh those are some of my converted morphs listed or I think some are part of slosh's legacy packs. The randomizer will list only morphs on the figure. This product does not do any converting.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,153

Does it have an option for whether to use limits on morphs, so values don't get too wild?

It respects all morph limits.
  • jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606
    edited September 2020

So could I randomize two completely different creature arm morphs on a figure?

Post edited by jedijudd on
  • Since it is script based, I just want to make sure that it works on the Mac as well.

Thanks

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

I have a quick question. Is it possible to limit the random generations to only the default Daz included shapes?

edited September 2020
    Greybro said:

I have a quick question. Is it possible to limit the random generations to only the default Daz included shapes?

You can if you only decide to choose those. You can manually tick what you want to randomize as well. We do have an addon coming where you can favourite what you want inside viewport and it will only list those in the script.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    rwhyatt said:

Since it is script based, I just want to make sure that it works on the Mac as well.

Thanks

We tested it on Mac and it worked.

edited September 2020
    jedijudd said:

So could I randomize two completely different creature arm morphs on a figure?

Only if those arm morphs are stand alone dials then yes you can.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

so...it looks like you can select/limit the morphs that are in the randomizing pool?  that's brilliant.

j

edited September 2020

Yes you have full control. You can also uncheck morphs from the random amount chosen if it selects one you don't want.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Looks brilliant, I'm grabbing it.  Thanks for another interesting/fun product.

edited September 2020

Thanks for the support. You're welcome:) It is a lot of funlaugh

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I've noticed a few things in the limited time I got to play around with it. 1. Even under the Genesis 8 female preset, it is mixing male morphs into it such as Michael 8 full body and head, and many of the other daz original series 8 male morphs and doesn't seem to be quite as accurate as the smart content tab is (or not so smart content tab, really). 2. Many of my installed morphs don't come up in the list, even though they are selectable in the parameters tab, which leads me to believe that it is somehow tied to smart content, since none of my 3rd party morphs show at all.
  • Also, I've noticed that even though you can pick 10 morphs and randomize, the more distorted the figure becomes when you go beyond that. I picked all the Genesis 8 daz females and had the randomize set pretty low. It basically shrank and crushed the figure into a garbled mess. So, keeping the amount of random morphs low seems to be the key.
    I've noticed a few things in the limited time I got to play around with it. 1. Even under the Genesis 8 female preset, it is mixing male morphs into it such as Michael 8 full body and head, and many of the other daz original series 8 male morphs and doesn't seem to be quite as accurate as the smart content tab is (or not so smart content tab, really). 2. Many of my installed morphs don't come up in the list, even though they are selectable in the parameters tab, which leads me to believe that it is somehow tied to smart content, since none of my 3rd party morphs show at all.

Can I see some screenshots please. It should list whatever is listed in parameters.

• Zev0 said:

Oh those are some of my converted morphs listed or I think some are part of slosh's legacy packs. The randomizer will list only morphs on the figure. This product does not do any converting.

Since it only randonizes morphs that exist for the particular selected figure how is it different from SimTenero Randomizer2 ?

edited September 2020
    The design, application and workflow is different. Yes they both randomize, but do it very differently and that difference determines what suites you better.
    Post edited by Zev0 on