Shape Gen & Shape Gen Plus for Genesis 3 & 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited September 2020
    barbult said:

I did  a search for HD and built this character from those morphs. Then I looked at the result to see which character's head morph had the highest percentage and used her skin (Edie 8). I used Brow Remover to remove Edie's reddish painted eyebrows and gave her some other fibermesh eyebrows.

Edi: Hmmm. I see I have some other morphs in there, too, besides the HD morphs. I'm not sure how they got selected and used. Operator error most likely. I still find the result very interesting.

That's a very believable and interesting face.

All it really needs is a touch of asymmetry.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Zev0 said:

"A lot of head morphs appear to increase the scale of the head. Having two or more of these morphs in a single random can result in some pretty alien looking heads. When I find this happening, I tend to turn off morphs one at a time and re-random, to see which morph(s) are the offending parties."

Those are daz's propogation scale morphs I assume. We were going to bypass those by default but left it to user to uncheck them if they are being used or included in the list.

ZEV0 you also have to take into consideration the anime style daz characters like Aiko, The Girl and the lot. Many of them have large heads, big eyes and tiny necks. In the past I have used their body morphs at a higher percentage than the head morphs for this very reason.  I've always had a motto with sliders for character morphs: Bodies totaling less than 75% and heads totaling less than 50%. Seems to work out very well for me even if 50% of the Genesis 8 base head shows through on every character. Its just easier to tweak individual parts like nose, chin eyes after the fact to change the genesis base from popping through.

• Zev0 said:

I attached a few of the screenshots. I don't have an image hosting account anywhere, sorry for the inconveniece! The GC Morphs don't load where they should and that solves the issue of why they don't show in the search bar. The folder structure matches other morphs but they load outside of the actor, and that is a vendor issue. So, you are golden there. I've included a few screenshots to show that male body morphs load with the female ones, as I meantioned. Not sure if it has something to do with how the morphs are tagged but those were my main two concerns. I willl probably just end up selecting morphs manually rather then letting it decide randomly and this will advert any issues.   

That is very strange....Can you show me the male morph path location on Genesis 8 Female on your hard drive? I want to see why they are populating under Genesis 8 Female. Do you have Dial Control? I only ask because with that you can browse to exact install location of a morph. I wanted to see it's path in data folder.

I couldn't draw up the location for the morphs through Daz but I applied the Landon 8 morph through Shape Generator and showed a screen shot of the results. Also included the Daz morph folder for Females and a screenshot for where the Landon 8 morph is installed.

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 301K
    Untitled2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 298K
    Untitled3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 455K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited September 2020

What is landon doing on Genesis 8 Female is my main question. Have you done any male to female conversions? Until I can solve that I am just as confused. Only way I can see the issue is to double check the male morph path location while populated on Genesis 8 Female.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I just wanted to pop back in on the conversation and admit I was being lazy...

In my experiements I restricted myself to only using Full Character Morphs, Body Morphs, and Head Morphs. I didn't drill down to using just specific features (i.e. nose, eyes, mouth, etc.)

I did try to avoid using the Anime / Toon style morphs because of their exagerated features. However, it is hard to weed them out going just by the names of the morphs.

To resolve that, I used the DS website to browse the characters so that I could see the thumbnails and pick which morphs to experiment with.

To save myself time in the future, I made pre-sets named things like "Adult European," "Adult Asian," "All Adult," "All Child," "All Anime," etc. When I load these, way too many morphs are selected, but it makes it easier to just turn off the ones I don't want to use.

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

Will Shape gen work in 4.10? or is it 4.12 only?

edited September 2020

It was built in 4.12. I don't have 4.10 to test. In theory scripts will only work in version it was built in and higher.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2020

Hi Guys. Shape Gen Plus has been submitted.

Key feature is using studios favorite morph system.

It also has a memorize state so when you randomize you can always revert back to the one you last liked. This feature will work with the original Shape Gen product as well.

If you own the original Shape Gen product it will be fully intergrated into Shape Gen Plus.

Shape Gen Plus can work on it's own and the original Shape Gen is not a requirement, but if you get both then both systems play very nice together.

Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 759K
    Popup_1.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 990K
    Popup_2.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Popup_3.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Popup_04.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 840K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

I wish it would allow us to load morphs/shapes from other gender :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,190
    edited September 2020

This one started with Kala 8 and added a bunch of body and head morphs. Perhaps I should have dialed Kala 8 at something less than 100% to start, but I like her anyway. I have 3 head asymmetry morphs so I added them to the randomizing mix, as suggested by @nicstt above.

Kala 8 Shape Gen Office Chic Alexa Hair Bandstand Concrete Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 444K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Another successful randomized character Addilyn.  Full size render soon.

Addilyn92020.jpg
    984 x 952 - 671K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Next stop: load random skins.  Morphs are importan, but skins have as much impact.  If we could call up our favourite skins, using the same interface that would be pretty cool.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I am wanting to purchase this product but have a question - If I only purchase Shape Gen Plus am I missing out on features in the original Shape Gen or does the Plus version have everything from the original plus more features?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    Kharma said:

I am wanting to purchase this product but have a question - If I only purchase Shape Gen Plus am I missing out on features in the original Shape Gen or does the Plus version have everything from the original plus more features?

They have different, but complementary functionality.  To have it all, you can buy the bundle that includes both.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited September 2020

Post edited by Daventaki on
    These are some very nice examples:)
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Sevrin said:
    Kharma said:

They have different, but complementary functionality.  To have it all, you can buy the bundle that includes both.

thanks @Sevrin  I ended up purchasing the bundle ...  may as well have it all :)

• videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
    edited September 2020

few days ago i got this royalty coupon to buy shape gen plus displayed at top of the screen at and additional discount since i have shape gen. i didnt make the purchase back then. but now the coupon is gone. dont shape gen owners get coupon automatically applied? and all the time? should they want to purchase shape gen plus? right now its only showing 30% discount.

Post edited by videoninja719 on

It was is a timed offer only. All coupons expire.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Skins would be awesome!

So would a hair ramdomizer.

• Zev0 said:

It was is a timed offer only. All coupons expire.

fine. didnt expect the offer was so short 

Will Shape Gen be updated to allow it to work with Genesis 8.1?

edited January 2021

Yes we plan on updating all if need be. Shouldn't be too hard.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Here is 8.1 updates for those who can't wait for official update. Just overwrite the script files.

zip
    zip
    Shape Gen.zip
    zip
    zip
    Shape Gen Plus.zip

Thank you. I tried the Shape Gen update and it is working for me.

edited February 2021

Sweet. Thanksyes

Post edited by Zev0 on

Official Update is now Live.

Shape Gen -  Version 1.1

Shape Gen Plus - Version 1.1

edited February 2021

I installed the official version from DIM. It is working fine on G8 and G8.1.

Here is an interesting G8.1M guy I made with Shape Gen.

Post edited by barbult on

Oooo nice oneyes

• I got Shape Gen & Plus bundle -- what a product! I've gotten other randomizers before, but with hundreds of options bundled together and not being able to see results realtime, it was impossible to determine what was causing what effect. This product presents the randomizer in an easy-to-use interface that I figured out in a half hour. I don't have time to learn a whole new program so this was just what I needed!

The point of my post, however, concerns Pose Fusion & Pose Fusion Plus. I noticed that there was a spot for Pose in the Body interface of Shape Gen. Will Pose Fusion fill that spot, and will it have the ability to be randomized. It's sitting in my cart, but its description does not seem to indicate that it has a randomization feature. I didn't know if the spot was for a future product or Pose Fusion. Please let me know -- I'd like to get it while it's on sale :-)

Hexdrake

Pose tab.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 480K