[Released] Ultimate Zero [Commercial]

Comments

• duckbomb said:
    duckbomb said:

At any rate, it's all speculation and opinion... I DO completely agree with you that this looks like a great product and will be happy to purchase!

Thank you for the support!

• Drew! You really want to be my most looked YT channel... don't you?

Thank you, sir. Don't forget to do all the youtube things. Comment, rate and subscribe and, and turn on the notifications! lol

Well, this is all my own personal opinion

It's great personal opinion. I felt for a long time that I'd rather pay Something for a 'loaded' version of Daz, maybe a PRO version that comes with HD Morphs or, shape morphs or....

But then I think about how large that list could become. You look at a vendor like RiverSoft Art, who has a product list that is (almost) all essential buying.

I mean EVERY product is solving a long standing issue/challenge or complaint.

Billboards! How do you make a crowded scene with less resources?

Dirt and Grime.
    Expressions....

Poses....

Controlling the eyes of the characters....

He even tackles dForce.

Now imagine pulling that much from one artist and shoving all of that in there.

Now go to Zev0 and ALL his add-ons and age stuff and shape stuff and poke through and, and....

Free Ironman13 poses every month-

Daz would have to operate, not at cost, but instead use a subsciption-based pricing model, where every month you are paying to play.

-

In this case you get to choose WHAT (updates or added features) you want and what you don't.

You get the pure freedom.

--------------------

All I'd want is for Daz to buy out certain products and make them PC+ or such.

And that move would be to make them "on sale" all the time.

Some things I feel like the average Daz user NEEDS to own.

---------------

When I first started buying stuff, I NEVER looked at utilities.

All I bought was the characters, clothing and sets.

----------

Right now, I need time-saving tools and utilities.

Things that make Daz easier to use.

This was one of them.

God bless RiverSoft Art.

lol, not lol.

P.S. I did that promo image and it's funny how I was trying to show an image that Shows Ultimate Zero in use.

And it hit that, well, I could actually use it and let the world know WHERE I used it.

Thanks.  And I do love the promo.  Very clever.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

Great addition to the toolset. Congrats.

• Artini said:

Great addition to the toolset. Congrats.

Thanks @Artini!

• Gordig said:

I don't think that's true if you look at all the functionality they've already added without charging for DS, like dForce hair and cloth, and incorporating Keymate and Graphmate into the timeline (as much of a monkey's paw as those have been).

I don't know about that.  All of the functionality that they added to DAZ Studio is also incorporated into their content.  dForce is not used anywhere else and to get physics within another program, you would have to do extra.  Keymate and Graphmate are a bit limited in animation but it does allow for animating DAZ content without necessarily going to another program as well.  Continued software development aside, DAZ Studio seemed like it was a vehicle to use the content instead of having to rely on Poser or anything else.  So, I don't know.  I think if they had of development the more useful utilities into the program, there probably would've been a Pro version that they sold.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,098

Well, it looks really terrific. I'm just wondering: has any Macintosh user bought this? I'd like to know how well it works on a Macintosh. No criticism intended. I am considering buying it.

• inquire said:

Well, it looks really terrific. I'm just wondering: has any Macintosh user bought this? I'd like to know how well it works on a Macintosh. No criticism intended. I am considering buying it.

Thanks for the interest!  I wish I could help you.  Hopefully someone will chime in.

• inquire said:

It sems to work fine on MacOS Catalina so far

• Platnumk said:
    inquire said:

It sems to work fine on MacOS Catalina so far

Thank you for chiming in.  There is no reason it shouldn't work as well, but it is very nice to have confirmation.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,098

Thank you very much for responding.

• SoneSone Posts: 84

Wow! Nice! This is another one of your must have products Riversoft. It's so easy and handy! No more Zero'ing chaos :)

• Sone said:

Wow! Nice! This is another one of your must have products Riversoft. It's so easy and handy! No more Zero'ing chaos :)

You're welcome!  I am glad you like it.

• I've installed this and needed to use this several times today already. Thank you for the product and the favorites shortcut. 

• You're welcome!  I am glad you like it!  I find myself using it way more than I imagined I would.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    edited March 2021

I've had this for a few months, but I can't find any instructions for it. I saw Drew's video, which was helpful, but did not address my questions and frustrations. I thought this was for zeroing poses and expressions, but it changes shaping morphs, too. It doesn't zero out All shaping, it zeros some and leaves others. Why? What am I doing wrong? I don't understand what the options in the dialog box do and which I should select. How do I use it to zero a figure's POSE without changing the figure's SHAPE? Surely you don't expect me to go through a huge list of things in the dialog box and uncheck all shaping morphs. That would take forever and be incredibly error prone (I've tried and never got it right). Please help me figure this out.

Post edited by barbult on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

barbult said:

I've had this for a few months, but I can't find any instructions for it. I saw Drew's video, which was helpful, but did not address my questions and frustrations. I thought this was for zeroing poses and expressions, but it changes shaping morphs, too. It doesn't zero out All shaping, it zeros some and leaves others. Why? What am I doing wrong? I don't understand what the options in the dialog box do and which I should select. How do I use it to zero a figure's POSE without changing the figure's SHAPE? Surely you don't expect me to go through a huge list of things in the dialog box and uncheck all shaping morphs. That would take forever and be incredibly error prone (I've tried and never got it right). Please help me figure this out.

I was unable to figure out a way for the script to detect that a morph alters an expression vs a shape.  The script detects all active morphs.  Unfortunately, you have to uncheck the shaping morphs (which in practice I haven't found it that bad though I may use characters with less morphs than you do)

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

I was unable to figure out a way for the script to detect that a morph alters an expression vs a shape.  The script detects all active morphs.  Unfortunately, you have to uncheck the shaping morphs (which in practice I haven't found it that bad though I may use characters with less morphs than you do)

Thanks for responding. I like to use randomizers to add subtle variations. It can end up with a lot of morphs. I'm sad that there is no quick way to clear a body pose.

I still don't understand the options in the dialog. What are "properties"? How do I know whether to check them or not? How do I know whether to use the zero or replace?  Are there any instructions? The brief help in the dialog itself wasn't enough to make me understand.

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Thanks for responding. I like to use randomizers to add subtle variations. It can end up with a lot of morphs. I'm sad that there is no quick way to clear a body pose.

I still don't understand the options in the dialog. What are "properties"? How do I know whether to check them or not? How do I know whether to use the zero or replace?  Are there any instructions? The brief help in the dialog itself wasn't enough to make me understand.

Transformations are the BONE rotations only.  Properties are in the parameters pane.  For example, zeroing out hand bones will NOT zero the hand pose if the Left Hand Fist parameter/property is non-zero.

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Transformations are the BONE rotations only.  Properties are in the parameters pane.  For example, zeroing out hand bones will NOT zero the hand pose if the Left Hand Fist parameter/property is non-zero.

Now that I know what Properties are, what is the difference between Zero Properties and Replace Properties? Replace them with what? 

edited March 2021

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Now that I know what Properties are, what is the difference between Zero Properties and Replace Properties? Replace them with what? 

Zero properties just sets the property (e.g., Fist) to zero and that is it.  Replace properties sets the property to zero and then modifies bone rotations to make the bones look like they are still posed by the property.  If Zero Transformations is unchecked, using Replace Properties is useful as it allows you to to remove all the properties but keep the pose (e.g., the hand will still be in a fist but not controlled by the property).  Have you ever zeroed a pose (or combined poses) and the fingers are bent extremely backwards?  This can help.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Zero properties just sets the property (e.g., Fist) to zero and that is it.  Replace properties sets the property to zero and then modifies bone rotations to make the bones look like they are still posed by the property.  If Zero Transformations is unchecked, using Replace Properties is useful as it allows you to to remove all the properties but keep the pose (e.g., the hand will still be in a fist but not controlled by the property).  Have you ever zeroed a pose (or combined poses) and the fingers are bent extremely backwards?  This can help.

Thank you. I understand the intent of those controls now. All this additional information has been very helpful.

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Thank you. I understand the intent of those controls now. All this additional information has been very helpful.

You're welcome!

• golem841golem841 Posts: 126

Too bad it doesn't address geographts ....

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,693

I just dropped in to say THANK YOU!!!! for this product. Once I figured out how to work it, my interminable wait for pose zeroing has been ended. I use this every day, and I'm so glad you know Griffin Avid.

I just wonder, if it is possible to get zero pose of Genesis 3 characters on Genesis 8 characters?

golem841 said:

Too bad it doesn't address geographts ....

By design I didn't want this to touch anything but the figure.  Sorry.

xyer0 said:

I just dropped in to say THANK YOU!!!! for this product. Once I figured out how to work it, my interminable wait for pose zeroing has been ended. I use this every day, and I'm so glad you know Griffin Avid.

You're very welcome!  Griffin Avid came up with a good one! smiley

Artini said:

I just wonder, if it is possible to get zero pose of Genesis 3 characters on Genesis 8 characters?

That is not a zero pose though.  That is zero pose of G8 and then convert to G3 (which Bone Doctor can do and there are other products). 

RiverSoftArt said:

Artini said:

That is not a zero pose though.  That is zero pose of G8 and then convert to G3 (which Bone Doctor can do and there are other products). 

Thanks, I just want to have Genesis 8 characters in T-pose and even better,

if rotations of the bones of Genesis 8 could line up with the T-pose.

This is necessary to have ragdoll simulations run properly in Unity.

Right now, Genesis 8 characters are only partially usefull in Unity.

Artini said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Artini said:

Thanks, I just want to have Genesis 8 characters in T-pose and even better,

if rotations of the bones of Genesis 8 could line up with the T-pose.

This is necessary to have ragdoll simulations run properly in Unity.

Right now, Genesis 8 characters are only partially usefull in Unity.

I see.  Maybe just convert the G8 characters to G3?