• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    fool said:

click to play

no longer available but very nice in Octane

nice.

mebbe the artist can sell it on another site

does it render quick for animation?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

Is not too bad, I did a Carrara native render of it as an animation but not sure whether still up, unlisted like most if it is.

Orange trees pretty much impossible to get into DAZ studio (I did eventually get very low poly versions tweaked in UUW3D in) but rest is actually exportable in bits so a DS version could be made if Andy wished using instances and maybe simpler transmapped trees then it might sell and be storeworthy.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited March 2016

With Easter coming up this weekend.. could this be the DAZ team looking at Carrara 9 beta?

Dreeeeeeam... dream, dream, dream... cool

Carrara9 Maybe.jpg
    1000 x 441 - 459K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited March 2016
    Stezza said:

With Easter coming up this weekend.. could this be the DAZ team looking at Carrara 9 beta?

Lol!

Post edited by Chohole on
    PhilW said:
    Stezza said:

Lol!

We know how that went down ..... But just maybe 3 days later a new beta may arise

fool said:
    PhilW said:
    Stezza said:

Lol!

We know how that went down ..... But just maybe 3 days later a new beta may arise

Dacarra Code?

• Stezza said:

I love this render Stezza, mind if I share this elsewhere with a link to your webpage?

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

testing skin reflections and sss

106.jpg
    2000 x 1117 - 450K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990

Stezza said:

I love this render Stezza, mind if I share this elsewhere with a link to your webpage?

It's on my FaceBook page [ LINK ] no probs .. wink

• Stezza said:

Stezza said:

It's on my FaceBook page [ LINK ] no probs .. wink

Thanks, shared!

genesis figure this time, no hdr and no postwork

jenny.jpg
    2000 x 1183 - 480K
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited March 2016

"SETI"

I threw this together for the monthly render challenge in the platinum club challenge; the theme is "What's Out There?"  Carrara render, of course, with some free radio telescope models from cgtrader.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

That's really cool Mark! Is the background a photo or realistic sky with an starfield or Starry Night added to it? If it is a photo, then you've done an excellent job matching the lighting.

Here's some screen shots of the animations that I have been working on. They are many individually rendered layers composited together. All Carrara, except the lightning bolt, that was AE. The light in the cloud when the lightning strikes was animated in Carrara by placing several bulbs in the volumetric cloud and then animating them.

Picture 1.png
    713 x 532 - 389K
    Picture 2.png
    720 x 540 - 358K
    Picture 3.png
    720 x 541 - 210K
    Picture 4.png
    719 x 542 - 265K
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited March 2016

That's really cool Mark! Is the background a photo or realistic sky with an starfield or Starry Night added to it? If it is a photo, then you've done an excellent job matching the lighting.

Thanks evil.  Kind of all of the above.  It a realistic sky plus Starry Sky for Carrara http://www.daz3d.com/starry-sky-for-carrara ;plus a star field made in FilterForge in the background to add a little bit of color variation in "space." :)

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited March 2016

Wow, Mark, love the SETI entry.  You really do Carrara proud in the PC Club.  Here was my entry in the What's out there? challenge.  I entitled it "Somewhere in Sherwood, But Where?" 

Post edited by Diomede on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited March 2016

. edit sorry, I was posting in response to a post a few pages ago, didnt realise the thread had jumped so far,'

Post edited by Headwax on

1st try at 65mm smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

That SETI image is kickin', Mark! Love it!

Got some 65mm film did ya, Misty? :)  Looks cool.

Here's some tests I've been playing with:

Here's some screen shots of the animations that I have been working on. They are many individually rendered layers composited together. All Carrara, except the lightning bolt, that was AE. The light in the cloud when the lightning strikes was animated in Carrara by placing several bulbs in the volumetric cloud and then animating them.

Turned out Fantastic, EP!!!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Speaking about a starry night sky I'm planning on getting "Starry Sky for Carrara" as it is very different from "StarBright". Perhaps I can even use them in tandem to get even more starfields.

wgdjohn said:

Speaking about a starry night sky I'm planning on getting "Starry Sky for Carrara" as it is very different from "StarBright". Perhaps I can even use them in tandem to get even more starfields.

I've neve tried Starry Sky with a background or backdrop. Hmmm.

I remember back when I was almost done finalizing it for Daz 3D and I had just brought a tester on board to hopefully try some things that I didn't think of. Prior to that I hadn't tried it with the Realistic Sky. As a matter of fact, I was almost completely unfamiliar with the Realistic Sky at that time, I was still using SkyDomes that I used before I bought Carrara.

I fired off a render with a sunset and the stars... I was really busy with my daughter at the time so I couldn't wait for the render. I came back and was just floored by the result. After that I've become a huge fan of Carrara's Realistic Sky Editor! :)

This one was using a preset from the browser, I think under Miscellaneous Scenes, called Spectral Clouds. I did a few minor changes but the preset is still the hero of this shot. I was absolutely thrilled to see the outcome! I still love using Starry Sky. It's my number one go-to for space/nighttime scenes ;)

That's an amazing free package. They look like they do really good work. Did you know that Daz 3D does scanning too? 

I know DB but I can hardly find a ready to use texture package within daz figures, I mean to be used in carrara; maybe for they are being made and tested  for DS engines or maybe because maps at 4k resolution aren't enough detailed (http://gl.ict.usc.edu/Research/SkinStretch/)

Carrara engine needs detailed and complete set of maps to achieve good results in terms of realism imho

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Great looking Llama, EP.  I think the only Llama in the store is a horse morph. 

I need to do some work on it, and then I was thinking of sharing it on ShareCG. I was running short on time, so I did an especially crappy job on the area around the eyes. If I want to add morphs to some of those less than ideal areas I will need to do some fixing!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Dartanbeck ... evilproducer,  Excellent job on both night skys.

What I'm aiming for is a sky as seen far from the city where very much detail, like the Milky Way, can be seen. Even more incredible is a night sky as seen in the high Rockies and other places from high altitudes and away from any city/town lights.Think... very tiny bright stars of various sizes.

No need to tell me. I'm in a rural area so I know what you are talking about. In the case of my video, the moon is big and full so it is washing out the stars. Dart's set has several scene encompassing spheres (with sets for Large and Medium scaled scenes) that you can turn on and off. In the case of my scene I had only the nearest stars turned on for the reasons I mentioned above. I have done some test renders with them all on and it is impressive.
    edited April 2016

Yeah, EP and I both live where stars are visible every night unless we get clouded out. There's an island neaby that my Wife and I frequent which has so many visible stars at night I have difficulty making out the constellations! I was really into backyard astronomy at the time I made that. I didn't go for accurate placement of the stars, but I did go for reality in how it looks to me. I'm a distant galaxy hunter, though only as a remote hobby. I don't have the best telescope for galaxy hunting, but I love it! My Dad got it for me, knowing my love for tinkering with broken things. It's optics were so scratched they didn't look like optics and the stand was barely standing. I refurbished the whole thing while the optics were being fixed. It's only a 6" (150mm) objective lens, by the view through it is absolutely stunning and I've made it to track whatever I point at. Sweet!

Heavy, though. The pier and mount alone are more than 90 lb.s combined. The scope itself is really light, though.

n_a.jpg
    317 x 497 - 30K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Dart is that a telescope or a rocket launcher?

This discussion has been closed.