Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Few renders and animations bundled up in a video, hope ya all like it smiley

good one - nice to see some one using C

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Howies secret lake

http://orig02.deviantart.net/93da/f/2016/070/c/f/secretlake300framessofar_by_realmgal-d9urelu.mp4
    muic is from sony vegas content, under music, wicked somebody

48 hours into secret lake render so far, about 300 frames.  rara estimating 222 more hours for 1500 more frames smiley

sony vegas gnawing at my sanity

pulled in the png sequence.  renders are pretty much crisp.
    vegas showing a lil motion blur, or something, dunnooo where it's coming from.
    i added a 2nd video track, reversed the frames i have so far to make the movie a few seconds longer,
    the reversed track not showing the blur like on the first track.  
    it's the same exact renders, 

secretlakesofar.jpg
    812 x 424 - 73K
  • head wax said:

nice work FifthElement, and thanks for the headsup on the distance  falloff shader = does it work with transmaps (eg polymesh hair)  by chance?

Yep, works fine with them, obviously, will not work with dynamic hair, you can't have everything, lol smiley

HairDOF.jpg
    1000 x 450 - 117K
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    MistyMist said:
    MistyMist said:

thank you MistyMist,

here is a couple of other outcomes by "unbiased" Iray and Fluidray; about Iray I love it, but it's pretty usual (but unusual for an unbiased engine) tweak and play around a lot to take control over shadows and albedo.

Last but no least, another try in carrara

Fluidray?

the iray version barely shows the arches shadow

the iray output is clearly overexposed but this is what I get with quick camera and light settings; realistic but flat. need to know more about iray

about fluidray, powerful but not very fast (cpu only) and the learning curve isn't steep at all

found this  smileysmileysmiley http://www.fluidray.com/help/
    doesn't say anything about animating.

the render engine i  dream of is vray.  last time i checked the vray standalone renderer was 500americangreenbacks.

no camera animation in fluidray only stills at the present; vray? many error messages and memory issues in 3ds max on my pc but great lighting quality imho; nobody's perfect anyway, look at the houdini mantra outcome (PBR kernel): wrong computation of reflections at the parapet base

plus another shot with the beloved carrara.  May anyone suggest where to find some high quality animated smoke and fire footage for free to be used in it?

sponza2.jpeg
    1280 x 720 - 633K
    sponza ballet.jpg
    2000 x 1533 - 470K
  • cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

Thank you all for the nice words.

This is the first time I used Sparrowhawke3D's Distance Falloff shader plugin to render depth pass, behaves much more predictable in Fusion (Depth Blur node) than Carrara's native pass smiley

That a really good application, I had considered a method that required building a rig that would travel with the camera with a constant near and far object so that everything in between received the full range of the limited 256 greyscale values.

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    edited March 2016

​​

May anyone suggest where to find some high quality animated smoke and fire footage for free to be used in it?

http://mitchmartinez.com/4k-fire-stock-footage/

If you have Hitfilm, you could use procedural fire/smoke to comp it. Maybe it is in express version.

Post edited by aspin on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    aspin said:

​​

May anyone suggest where to find some high quality animated smoke and fire footage for free to be used in it?

http://mitchmartinez.com/4k-fire-stock-footage/

If you have Hitfilm, you could use procedural fire/smoke to comp it. Maybe it is in express version.

looks great, thank you aspin.

I own Hitfilm but I'd rather embed a clip into my scene or maybe try particle emitters within carrara

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    head wax said:

nice work FifthElement, and thanks for the headsup on the distance  falloff shader = does it work with transmaps (eg polymesh hair)  by chance?

Yep, works fine with them, obviously, will not work with dynamic hair, you can't have everything, lol smiley

thanks :) no you cant have everything... but you can ask ;)

update on secret lake render. 486 frames and still rendering.

stuck it on utoob

added sound effect to deepen secret lake mystery smiley
    needs a Nessie monster  tee hee

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited March 2016

Excellent. 

EDIT: to remove spoiler. 

Post edited by Diomede on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Lots of cool work here. Unfortunately I can't seem to view 5th Element's video because I need to upgrade my Flash viewer, and my old system can't upgrade to the current version. Obsolescence sucks. ;-(

Don't feel too bad for me though. I've been plugging away at a major video project in Carrara and aside from renders not being as fast as I would like, it's been going very well.

Here's a screen capture of one of the scenes. It is not all done. I'm still rendering assets to composite. It's supposed to be a stylized Serengeti scene with Kilimanjaro in the background during the rainy season. When it is done I will be applying some paint filters to it (I kind of liked the watercolor effect). I will wait and apply the filter when all the elements are done and composited so it will be easier to get a uniform painted effect.

All the elements are created and rendered in Carrara. I used Dartanbeck's Starry Skies for the starry sky. I used AE for the lightning.

Picture 1.png
    726 x 555 - 444K

Lots of cool work here. Unfortunately I can't seem to view 5th Element's video because I need to upgrade my Flash viewer, and my old system can't upgrade to the current version. Obsolescence sucks. ;-(

Don't feel too bad for me though. I've been plugging away at a major video project in Carrara and aside from renders not being as fast as I would like, it's been going very well.

Here's a screen capture of one of the scenes. It is not all done. I'm still rendering assets to composite. It's supposed to be a stylized Serengeti scene with Kilimanjaro in the background during the rainy season. When it is done I will be applying some paint filters to it (I kind of liked the watercolor effect). I will wait and apply the filter when all the elements are done and composited so it will be easier to get a uniform painted effect.

All the elements are created and rendered in Carrara. I used Dartanbeck's Starry Skies for the starry sky. I used AE for the lightning.

animated lightning always interestingsmiley 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited March 2016

did this one with the thought of putting it into the last Carara Challenge .. then changed my mind smiley

The Old & The New

Lone Ranger-Koala and Tonto.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 510K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    Stezza said:

did this one with the thought of putting it into the last Carara Challenge .. then changed my mind smiley

The Old & The New

The style of this render has a unique overall quality about it that's really eye catching. I like it a lot!

(Although I don't quite understand why the Lone Ranger and Tonto have a Koala sidekick.) smiley

The Old & The New

de3an said:
    Stezza said:

The Old & The New

The style of this render has a unique overall quality about it that's really eye catching. I like it a lot!

(Although I don't quite understand why the Lone Ranger and Tonto have a Koala sidekick.) smiley

Thanks De3an, we can blame EvilProducer for the Koala being there  devil

And we can blame Australians for Vegemite. ;-P

yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

Where is Tasmania? (They get very pissed when you leave em off)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Agreed! There is a lot of really cool stuff here! This scene looks intriguing! Really cool stuff - can't wait to see more of it ;)

de3an said:
    Stezza said:

The Old & The New

Me too!

bigh said:

Bravo! Wild stuff there, bigh!

fool said:

Where is Tasmania? (They get very pissed when you leave em off)

you can't see it?

put your glasses on Wendy lol

ahhh and the thylacine, yes was on my iPad, my excuse

• Lots of cool work here. Unfortunately I can't seem to view 5th Element's video because I need to upgrade my Flash viewer, and my old system can't upgrade to the current version. Obsolescence sucks. ;-(

Well, here is YouTube link, don't think they are using Flash anymore smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Very nice, as always, Fifth!!! Love it!

Well, here is YouTube link, don't think they are using Flash anymore smiley

Excellent! Well worth the wait!

playin with widdershins tentacoo smiley

gonna take awhile to wrap these around gianni6 for a hug 

and the talk show.

talkshow2.png
    1920 x 803 - 2M
    talkshow.png
    1920 x 803 - 1M
    talkshow.png
    1920 x 803 - 1M
  • DondecDondec Posts: 243

Just wanted to try shoes... with decent accent lighting.

- Don

Tile Floor 08a crop w efx DiffGlow.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 474K
    edited March 2016

camping trip click to play

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Wendy - I really like the mist effect, and hey this one even has a story (of sorts!).

click to play

no longer available but very nice in Octane

This discussion has been closed.