Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

still mucking with the cloud layers  lol
    still messy.

found awac in native content.

workflow, created music clip with demo loops in sony acid (the cheap one, not the pro)
    in carrara added 2 extra sound layers, added sound effects from sony 1,001 
    rendered to avi, converted to mp4 with mpegstreamer

http://orig03.deviantart.net/4d0e/f/2016/051/c/7/flight_test_sound_by_realmgal-d9sin80.mp4

Doc2-3soundtracks4.png
    960 x 402 - 72K
    Doc2-3soundtracks3.png
    960 x 402 - 97K

doh  asked friend who was in the marines if you'd see 2 awacs flying together.  he said no  >>>.<<<

he wants me to put a pontiac on the ground driving faster than the planes. 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

They could be on a delivery flight, or a demonstration . . . But I'd say your marine friend was right. They're basically a flying radar head, so it make sense that they'd be as far apart as the range of the radar to maximise coverage, but that's probably 100+ miles!

• Just an island smiley

Island.jpg
    1555 x 727 - 452K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Just an island smiley

whats on it laugh

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I bet it is all the good stuff, he hides there so the rest of us don't get to see it.

• bigh said:

Just an island smiley

whats on it laugh

Dharma initiative post cheeky

• Test render of something I'm working on ...

GirlTest1.jpg
    670 x 960 - 146K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Great character.  Destined to be in a dance animation? Very cool.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

test on light cone. scene by Howie Farkes of course

129.jpg
    2000 x 1067 - 768K

an evergreen IL test, comparison with shade 15 path tracing to the right

139.jpg
    2000 x 1532 - 370K
    SHADE.jpg
    2000 x 1080 - 278K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited February 2016

Click to play video

Just a revisit by me of Evil Producer's awesome scene adapted for Octane

I wish DAZ would pull their finger out and accept it

oh the missing pillars with ferns hanging in space is user error converting to Octane, they are definately there in the original

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

looks a nice vacation spot smiley

i strung a crossover cable between my 2 pcs the node started up ok.  saw 2 grey N buckets.  about 200 and a half frames in, the node said available, but it stopped working.  froze o that frame, new compy came back to the stuck frame and finished rendering it.  somethin happened to the soundtrack.  mpeg streamer borked on the audio and gave me silent mp4.

rendered clip out again without the render node, sound came out this time. the plane movement is choppy, didnt do that in the first tests. was rendering at 1920 this time.

http://orig13.deviantart.net/56aa/f/2016/059/c/1/flight_test_awacs2_h264_60_by_realmgal-d9tifkd.mp4

flight compress test H264-100.mp4.png
    647 x 311 - 264K
    flight compress test H264-100.mp4.png
    647 x 311 - 264K
    nodally.PNG
    1572 x 756 - 814K
    nodally2.PNG
    1559 x 733 - 551K
    nodally2.PNG
    1559 x 733 - 551K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

MI Misty :)

you should have a look at www.magix.com  they have some pretty easy video editing software which could save you time and effort,.

Magix have been making sound software for a long time, so all the video software is ready to add sounds to. 

you should be able to download 30 day trial vrsions and play with them to see what you like.

Gorilla missed1.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 135K
    head2.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 95K
    3DAGE said:

you should have a look at www.magix.com  they have some pretty easy video editing software which could save you time and effort,.

Magix have been making sound software for a long time, so all the video software is ready to add sounds to. 

you should be able to download 30 day trial vrsions and play with them to see what you like.

thanks.

just noticed yesterday the version of platinum suite i bought is 32-bit.  12gbs in my new pc and i dont think the s/w sees over 2gb.

your renders look good, is that carraa render engine or the octane? 

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    MistyMist said:
    3DAGE said:

thanks.

just noticed yesterday the version of platinum suite i bought is 32-bit.  12gbs in my new pc and i dont think the s/w sees over 2gb.

your renders look good, is that carraa render engine or the octane? 

Theoretical 4 GB for a 32 bit software. Emphasis on theoretical.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Thanks Misty :)

Both are rendered in carrara,. using the OctaneRender for Carrara plugin

• Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 839

As always, wonderful renders everyone.

@Magaremoto: what does the light cone consist of - a cone textured with some transparency?  This reminds me, I need to check out God-Rays also.

In your other render, I didn't understand what you wrote!  Did you use terms used in realistic rendering?  PS I think the first version is better, the one with colour reflections on the pillars.

@Magaremoto: what does the light cone consist of - a cone textured with some transparency?  This reminds me, I need to check out God-Rays also.

In your other render, I didn't understand what you wrote!  Did you use terms used in realistic rendering?  PS I think the first version is better, the one with colour reflections on the pillars.

Hello, for the light cone effect I used a spot light with shadows and turbulence checked; as for the Sponza atrium model, I compared the photon mapping engine in Carrara to the path tracing one in Shade 3d.

antoher shot with more sky light and less Indirect Light, no postwork

115.jpg
    2000 x 1536 - 398K

Hello, for the light cone effect I used a spot light with shadows and turbulence checked; as for the Sponza atrium model, I compared the photon mapping engine in Carrara to the path tracing one in Shade 3d.

antoher shot with more sky light and less Indirect Light, no postwork

looks very nice.  like path tracing. :)

The light cone is a volume effect. Like shadows, it can be very fast and with serious limitations, or it can be slow if all the bells and whistles are enabled, such as light through transparency, or it can be middle of the road, using just the shadows, and not transparency.

There are some things to look out for, such as it does not play well with Carrara hair, but if you have Carrara Pro, you can get around that by enabling the Volume Primitive render pass (if I recall correctly), and composite it in your image editor.

You can also have it use a light gel to color the effect and add shadows, which is a great way to fake "God Rays.

It can be as subtle or obvious as you want.

Dystopi Dirigible V4.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 860K
    Dystopi Dirigible V4.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 860K
    English-cottage-V4-6.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    DAZling-comped-glow.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 2M
    babydoll02.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 825K
    babydoll02.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 825K
    Valley2-copy.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Vicky-and-Cuke02.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 222K

thank you MistyMist,

here is a couple of other outcomes by "unbiased" Iray and Fluidray; about Iray I love it, but it's pretty usual (but unusual for an unbiased engine) tweak and play around a lot to take control over shadows and albedo.

Last but no least, another try in carrara

iray.jpg
    2000 x 1538 - 525K
    fluid.jpg
    1024 x 682 - 118K
    carrara.jpg
    2000 x 1536 - 588K

Many thanks Magaremoto and Evilproducer for the explanations and examples.  In your comparisons, Magaremoto, it becomes more and more difficult to choose the best - the differences are fascinating but they all look good to me!

Great renders, Evilproducer.  I really like the landscape with the fortress up in the mountains but the others show great light effects also.  I've tended to use spotlights alone for light effects but really would like to get shafts of light with a slight touch of mist.

This is a frame from an animation I work on from time to time where I only have a spotlight.  It will be a while before I get back to it, probably.

PoolFrame.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 585K
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited March 2016
    Post edited by Bobvan on

Many thanks Magaremoto and Evilproducer for the explanations and examples.  In your comparisons, Magaremoto, it becomes more and more difficult to choose the best - the differences are fascinating but they all look good to me!

Great renders, Evilproducer.  I really like the landscape with the fortress up in the mountains but the others show great light effects also.  I've tended to use spotlights alone for light effects but really would like to get shafts of light with a slight touch of mist.

This is a frame from an animation I work on from time to time where I only have a spotlight.  It will be a while before I get back to it, probably.

The light cone is available under the Spotlight's effects tab.

Bobvan said:

Hi Bob,

the first couple links didn't work, but the last couple did work.

So, does this mean you've been trying out Carrara?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited March 2016

Post edited by Chohole on

Ah Stezza, the poor crab!  Great image!

Evil, I took a look at the light cone in the effects tab and that tab has opened up a whole load of new things to play with.  Thanks for the info.  I just rendered a couple of frames quickly at random to see some results.

This video is nothing more than someone standing in a pool getting ready to swim - but the movements so far are too jerky.  Changing the values of the cone settings along the timeline might help along with the ocean/water moving.

Doc5.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 1M
    Doc6.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 1M
    edited March 2016

for animation purpose, I find carrara a good choice if you focus on the whole pipeline and the post production work in particular; speaking about the renders, path tracing is the best algorithm to start with but always needs to be integrated with effects or filters or "biased" functions. Carrara engine is a bit lazy but when stimulated does the job properly

below a render with MID path tracing Simlab engine (shadows issues) and another carrara test, normalized in post

SPONZA.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 277K
    qq.jpg
    2000 x 1536 - 474K
    Post edited by magaremoto on

thank you MistyMist,

here is a couple of other outcomes by "unbiased" Iray and Fluidray; about Iray I love it, but it's pretty usual (but unusual for an unbiased engine) tweak and play around a lot to take control over shadows and albedo.

Last but no least, another try in carrara

Fluidray?

the iray version barely shows the arches shadow

This discussion has been closed.