Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited September 2016

Here are a couple landscape renders I've done over the last couple days.

"Sunset on Planet X"

This was for the most recent PC Inspiration challenge in the Platinum Club forum.

"Mountain Flowers"

The flowers and the tree are from some of Howie Farkes' sets, the grass, terrains and terrain shaders are mine.  This didn't really come out the way I wanted (although I am happy with the grass, so I saved that to my browser for later use) but I'm going to chalk it up as a learning experience. laugh

"Cloud Mountain"

This was inspired by an image I saw online - I copied the basic composition but added some touches of my own.  The rushes, bushes and plants along the shore are all Carrara hair.  The trees are from the included Carrara content with some shader modifications by me.

SunsetOnPlanetX.jpg
    1500 x 800 - 144K
    MountainFlowers1800x900.jpg
    1800 x 900 - 623K
    CloudMountain1900px.jpg
    1900 x 1140 - 367K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    MDO2010 said:

Here are a couple landscape renders I've done over the last couple days.

"Sunset on Planet X"

This was for the most recent PC Inspiration challenge in the Platinum Club forum.

"Mountain Flowers"

The flowers and the tree are from some of Howie Farkes' sets, the grass, terrains and terrain shaders are mine.  This didn't really come out the way I wanted (although I am happy with the grass, so I saved that to my browser for later use) but I'm going to chalk it up as a learning experience. laugh

"Cloud Mountain"

This was inspired by an image I saw online - I copied the basic composition but added some touches of my own.  The rushes, bushes and plants along the shore are all Carrara hair.  The trees are from the included Carrara content with some shader modifications by me.

pretty water and wispy clouds heart

Halloween?  it's coming ... omg, ready, must render 

witchy witches and spirit of love knocking on my library tray 

these are from last year,  need to whip up some new ones.  kinda excited too see if my crrara skills show improvement. sure hope so >.<

vila in the steampunk tavern
    memories of big fight with the lighting

spirit of love love potion set
    memories of fighting with rs, finding where the sun was

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

MDO - wonderful looking landscapes, and very varied in style too!

Misty - nice images and I look forward to seeing you show off more Carrara skills!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

maybe a little too short for such a round face.

I don't think so... Looks great!

@ head wax: I would have never thought your image came out from carrara, truly artistic yes

All of his stuff looks wonderfully artistic like that! Truly! I'm a fan, for true!

@ DB: very often I forget that we only have such a mess of realistic figures to play with, both within carrara and daz studio (but carrara probably is the best choice to handle all of them easily) laugh

Yeah, V4 was the new figure for me when I bought Carrara! V3 was my goto model and it took me some time to get used to the different way of working with V4. It didn't take long before I loved the differences though! Yeah... I used M2 (improved version of 1, so clothes and such for 1 worked on 2) and V2 (same notes as for M2) and M3 and V3... I got them when they were on sale for Free at Daz, didn't even need an account back then! Then I just used freebie products on them. They're great models and some excellent textures (as shown above) were made for them to really make them nice! Like anything, once we get the shaders and lights sorted out, they look just as good as anything else - to a point, that is! ;)

Wow... feels like such a long time ago. But looking at the calendar, it really wasn't... was it Phil? 

Back then I was messing with Poser's dynamic cloth and hair - getting frustrated and happy at the same time. Aery Soul was Awful Soul back then. Then changed to Aeon Soul in between there. They gave some really nice freebies away!

PhilW said:

This started as a test of the Ultra BodySuit for G2F which I just got in the recent sale. A little postwork for levels and the background.

<wipes the sweat from his brow>

edited September 2016

I was looking through my Genesis 2 Male content to begin working on a new Dartan character and realized that I'm still not quite there yet as far as having enough stuff to make the switch. So I started browsing through the store - knowing that I cannot buy anything just now,,, I wanted to begin wrapping my head around which items could help to reach a complete character setup.

While I was browsing, I ran a few searches in the store. Well, when we do a search, things that we already bought can show up in the search - and I ran across the Bundle of Male textures for the Male morphs of V4 - reminding me that I have one, made by ARTCollaborations - Victoria 4 GW3 Male Texture

I bought that way back when with the idea of trying a version of Dart made using V4, so that:

• I could still make use of my M4 animated pose files - perhaps some small degree of tweaking required
    • I could make use of the several morph-dial expressing packs I have for V4
    • I could benefit from the unlocked nature of V4's mesh

So I started build a new Victoria 4.2 version of my Dartanbeck character, which just sounds odd, right from the start! LOL

I am impressed! There are at least a few products out there that support htese morphs too. I know that I already own one of them, Raiver, which looks kind of like Hiro's Steampunk Cowboy, but black leather (several texture expansion packs available) but I think I can tweak some M4 clothing to fit easily enough.

With my Rosie character, I have to be a little careful with the expression morph dials - which makes me like the dials a lot better than expression loader pose files from the runtime - s I can dial them up as I need to. Well I don't have to be careful with this guy... his face works with all of them - even cranked wide open! 

I have very few Expression morph dials for M4 - I don't think nearly as many were made for him.

For V4 I have Morphs++ (I have the M4 version for M4 - but that's all I have for him), Facial Expressions for V4, Girl 4 (tons of expressions!) Aiko 4, and Reby Sky - all of which (though I'm not using A4's) work wonderfully on the Male Morphed version! And I really like the Male shape that comes out of V4! 

I tweaked the image map for his face a bit to make the goatee almost the same as mine. I'll tweak it the rest of the way soon. The texture maps are 4K x 4K and look pretty darned nice! It doesn't have and Spec maps, but I don't mind - I just made my own by moidfying the color map - I like a bit of color in the Spec anyways.

Here are some sample renders of various expressions. We can see which are used by the names of the images:

• Base is the figure using no expressions
    • G = Girl 4
    • MP = Morphs++
    • RS = Reby Sky
    • V4FE = Facial Expression for V4 pack
    Base.jpg
    586 x 719 - 375K
    V4FE_Pain.jpg
    586 x 719 - 380K
    G_Smooch.jpg
    586 x 719 - 371K
    MP_Sad.jpg
    586 x 719 - 375K
    RS_Smile_Open.jpg
    586 x 719 - 372K
    V4FE_Concentrate.jpg
    586 x 719 - 381K
    V4FE_Anger.jpg
    586 x 719 - 375K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

I am impressed! There are at least a few products out there that support htese morphs too. I know that I already own one of them, Raiver, which looks kind of like Hiro's Steampunk Cowboy, but black leather (several texture expansion packs available) but I think I can tweak some M4 clothing to fit easily enough.

looking forward to see how you go with this

if you have poser you can transfer your morphs to any clothing set I think

head wax said:

looking forward to see how you go with this

if you have poser you can transfer your morphs to any clothing set I think

Not a new copy (Poser 7), but if I'm not mistaken, we can do that in DS with their Content Creation Tools as well.

I simply conformed some clothes and edited them to fit - works really well for the t-pose... we'll see how they hold up when posed/animated. I'm already loving the control I have over this figure - and I like the shoulders better too. I don't have nearly as much male shaping options, but plenty enough for Dart. He breathes nicely and can really demonstrate muscle strain too... so he's pretty much rockin'!

He also reminds me a LOT of the G2M verion of Dart that I made.

He uses a few of Stephanie 4's detail morphs for some of those extra action/strain shapes. Otherwise he's mostly just the V4 base (comes with Male Morphs built in) and a small selection of Morph++ dials. 

edited September 2016

thanks Dart, yes I always forget studio exists :)

have you tried vwd plugin?

it kind of acts as a no poke though plug in...

magaremoto said:

@ head wax: I would have never thought your image came out from carrara, truly artistic yes

dartanbeck said All of his stuff looks wonderfully artistic like that! Truly! I'm a fan, for true!

thanks magaremoto and dart, that's very kind

Post edited by Headwax on

reshading the Maclean tea set.

figured out a faster workflow as long as only 1 image map in the shader.

right click copy the texture map.  apply new shader with wizard.  then paste on the color line. it automatically changes color to texture map.  didn't know it was automatic smiley

learned i could copy the color swatchsquare. applied shader wizard like liquid cognac, then paste color swatch, after all my moaning about a color picker, didn't need it in this case. 

everyday playing in carrara finds a new thing love about it. 

found "buf" makes a nice foundation for porcelain, imo

ca teaset reshaded.png
    1500 x 954 - 1M
    ca copy the color swatch.JPG
    403 x 152 - 18K
    ca reshading - copy map before applying shader.JPG
    151 x 199 - 14K
    ca reshading macleanTea.JPG
    801 x 536 - 79K

Beautiful image, Misty!

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited September 2016

Nice job on the conversions Misty. It would never have occured to me to use the cognac shader as a base for tea (it would definitely occur to me to put cognac in tea in real life though - or maybe I would just skip the tea part cheeky) but it looks really good in your render.

I don't know if you saw or not, but in the folder right below the one you pulled the "Buff" shader from, there is a folder called "Sub Surface Scattering" that has a whole bunch of nice bases for ceramics. There is another "SubSurfaceScatering" folder further up that has a subsurface milk shader in it too that might make the cream (I assume that is cream in the lower right container) look a little better.

I drew on your screenshot. :)

Weirdly I thought I had all of the DP shader collections but I don't have that "DP Plastics" folder.  I do have a "DP Ceramics" one though.

Capture.JPG
    724 x 502 - 67K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

thanks smiley

just realized i didnt do anything for the sugar.

PhilW said:

Beautiful image, Misty!

+1 yes

edited September 2016

Dart vs Dart

A comparison between the new V4 version of Dart and the real Dart

The CGI version is supposed to be stylized, heroic and younger! ;)

Yup... I think I'm overdoing the brightness of the iris glare and perhaps using too mu refraction on the cornea. I'll tweak that. I'm also not finished shaping the character or tweaking the shaders - I have very little time in the building of this character so far. But I really like it. V4 animates really nice (my opinion) and I have a LOT of expression morph dials (Morphs++, Facial Expressions for V4 pack, Girl 4 (lots of expressions!) Reby Sky and Aiko 4 - but I don't use those on Rosie or Dart) - which are super-convenient for animating expressions. Reby's are really quite natural and subtle, while Girl 4 is exaggerated. I really like the Facial Expressions for V4. I don't think I could live without Morphs++

Dart, I prefer the look of the one on the left! (our left, not his). It's not a bad likeness, the eyes look a bit large to me, get the eyes sorted and you'll be pretty much there.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I dunno, the one on the left looks "too" real - uncanny valley - which makes it obviously fake. Add some glow to the eyes and it'll be better . . .

edited September 2016

I think this makes it look better! (Sorry - double post. I must get the hang of these computer thingies!)

Dart x 2.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 308K
    Post edited by PhilW on
    edited September 2016
    PhilW said:

I think this makes it look better!

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited September 2016
    PhilW said:
    PhilW said:

I think this makes it look better!

yes you are almost twins in Phil's one :)

:)

Post edited by Headwax on

ROTFLMAO!!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited September 2016

Yes I too was seduced

image.jpeg
    1280 x 720 - 225K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited September 2016

Added a few quick improvements getting him much better.

I actually wanted to try Arki's own custom textures for her EYEdeas models. Being that this in V4 with Male morphs, I decided to go with separate EYE figures for each side, so that I can scale and place them easier. I was right... these things are such a dream to work with! Her texture maps are really cool. 

For the main color of the Iris, I mixed two texture maps from her "Naturals" collection. I also blended a couple of her maps for the Whites.

I've added some more Morphs++ to him making his eyes more the realistic Dart's eyes - and perhaps I'll now stylize them from here - perhaps leave them like this. But it's really cool how, when we see the eyes side-on, we see the refractive cornea bulge like real eyes! Now I have to tweak Rosie to have these, but with her colors. 

I had a lot of fun designing my own shaders for Brass, Polished Steel, Ruby, Leather, as well as the other parts of the eyes. The sparkles in them occur without performing anything special - just picking up the environment map and the lights for the rest of the scene.

I painted the goatee to better match mine (extending further along the jaw and under the chin) and reshaped the brows a bit. The skin map has that amount of saturation after being rendered using Gamma Correction of 2.2

I purposely avoided any post work to show the resulting color.

I did a bit of extra texture map work for the bump for the skin, facial and body hair.

The Pants are from Raiver for V4, the rest of the outfit is Courageous for V4 with my own shader textures. I reworked the shoulder armor mesh's shape and tweaked the harness a bit. Both of those sets include morph support for the Male morph as well as the others I'm using.

During the Render Challenge I discovered how totally awesome Feral Fey's "MiLady's Blade for Genesis 2 Females" sword is. Every separate shape of the thing has its own material zone, making it a total blast to set up what the thing looks like. I just added the ruby prior to these renders. That part was the brass surrounded by platinum before, and the handle was all rosewood, which looked really nice too. 

I'm still up-in-the-air about how I want the sword to look - but it might be there already. In the story it's a special blade, so it makes perfect sense to be brilliant and shiny.

Now as I continue to tweak this figure comes the all-important process of putting him through the hoops of animation tests - make sure he can pull his weight!

I like the speech morphs and added expression functionality a LOT! But if it doesn't work out, for some reason, I do really like my previous Dartan figure (M4). Just that some of the more common clothing looks a bit funny with the shoulders being so big - common to M4. I'm scouring my V4 clothing collection to see what works for males, and which have the Male morph support. I have "Miss Deanna Jones" already, which does support the morphs - so I'll be setting up that costume next.

Raiver for V4 has a really cool long coat which works really well with this Dart, along with the tank top and motocross-style boots and Goth accessories ;)

Base 2.jpg
    718 x 678 - 255K
    Base 2 Confront.jpg
    718 x 678 - 257K
    Base 2F.jpg
    270 x 713 - 86K

The M4 version of him certainly has a more stylized heroic body - so I'm going to experiment with seeing what SheFreak morphs can do to him on that front! :)

He's looking really good!

• A handsome dude indeed

Thanks! He looks a lot like the M4 version, like I say, less heroic beef ~ and now he has my goatee too, which I like. ;)

The major difference comes when:

Downside - I try to find clothes to fit

Upside - I proceed to emote his face

I thnk that the upside outweighs the downside for me. I'll find more, but I already have the V4 Bodysuit, Raiver, and Miss Deanna Jones, which all support the Male shape (sounds funny the more often I type that) - LOL it's like the reverse of Genesis!

Before finding that those supported the shape morph, I was trying to conform M4 clothing and I think that will even work pretty well. Not sure...  It's not like Dart changes his attire much anyways. 

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Looking more and more like the fellow can get along without a  bodygard. :)  Looked very good at first but now Looking better... a lot better.

This discussion has been closed.