DazCentral won't install Daz studio

Trying to install Daz on windows10. Installing Central is slow but finally works. After that if I try to install Studio from Central it hangs several times before finally getting stuck at 83%. The log file has this error over and over again:

2020-09-12 23:43:08.916 Installing: 13176-2 : DAZ Studio 4.12 (Win 64-bit)
2020-09-12 23:44:10.033 WARNING: Killed Process
2020-09-12 23:44:10.033 WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process ("cmd") is still running.
2020-09-12 23:44:10.033 Install Failed: DAZ Studio 4.12 (Win 64-bit)

I'm using standard Defender, no extra virus or  malware progs, installing to default paths (on my C drive). After the first time it got stuck I deleted everything Daz (including the user/appdata directory) and started over clean. Same result. I've installed Daz studio a year (or 2) ago without any issues when it still used just the install manager. Now it wont work even though my system is exactly the same.

Suggestions before I just delete it all and give up?

Comments

• And just an update: After going throught the site I found the install manager download, installed that with no problem. Tried to install Studio via the manager and got "install failed" error. Same for the Postgrescms package. I want to try a manual install but where do I unzip the packages for Studio and Postgrescms? Can't find an answer anywhere on the site.

• I 'm having a similar problems.  I haven't used Studio for a while so I deleted my installed version in order to update it.  Seemingly I can now no longer download Studio without going through the annoying piece of Software called DAZ  Central ( that claims to make everything easy !!!!!!)   When I run DC and log in, it just sits there with the lttle blue circle going round and round - the longest I have left it running like this is 2 hours. Reinstalling, rebooting and restarting makes no difference.  My disk activity light is on constantly, even after I close the DC window.  I have to shut down a remaing DC element using Task Manager.

I can't understand why it won't just let me install the latest version of Studio first and take things from there ?

• Do you guys have any update on the issue. My studio installation is stuck at 86% and doesn't progress. Please help
  • I had to go into Task Manager and close out daz3d.  Once I did that I was able to complete the installation. 

Even though I had closed Daz3d before the installation began, the Process was still running in the background.  Once you close that you can completed the installation.  I hope this helps!

• abhilashmohan.online_3859196 said:

Do you guys have any update on the issue. My studio installation is stuck at 86% and doesn't progress. Please help

Exactly the same, 86%. Could be a myth...

• Same for me stucked at 86*% and maya bridge at 50%.. Poorly coded piece of software. Nothing but problems. Boring amateurs!

• tuckerhltuckerhl Posts: 1

Had to download twice before it installed properly but know it wont accept the password which I know is correct because it work on the site?

• Hi I have tried installing, uninstalling, reinstalling Daz Studio 4 times now and it keeps crashing.

Installing it through Daz Central, is there another way?

This is a brand new laptop, is Intel Iris Xe graphics the problem?

-It crashes at the login screen, if I enter my Daz name and password, crashes and shuts itself down

-If I don't login, and I add a figure and try to pose it, it crashes on the pose and shuts down.

Has anyone been able to get this program running?

considering taking this laptop back and getting one with an Nvidia GPU, but not sure that's the problem.

These are very basic tasks and if it can't handle these not sure the GPU is the issue

Thanks

Running Win10, i7 10th gen, 16GB ram, Intel IrisXe graphics

• i got stuck at 71

• lauralaura Posts: 0

lauraminiel_c2ab5717f9 said:

Hi I have tried installing, uninstalling, reinstalling Daz Studio 4 times now and it keeps crashing.

Installing it through Daz Central, is there another way?

This is a brand new laptop, is Intel Iris Xe graphics the problem?

-It crashes at the login screen, if I enter my Daz name and password, crashes and shuts itself down

-If I don't login, and I add a figure and try to pose it, it crashes on the pose and shuts down.

Has anyone been able to get this program running?

considering taking this laptop back and getting one with an Nvidia GPU, but not sure that's the problem.

These are very basic tasks and if it can't handle these not sure the GPU is the issue

Thanks

Running Win10, i7 10th gen, 16GB ram, Intel IrisXe graphics

Yes, this is happening to me too 

• login2cn said:

abhilashmohan.online_3859196 said:

Do you guys have any update on the issue. My studio installation is stuck at 86% and doesn't progress. Please help

Exactly the same, 86%. Could be a myth...

Just cancel the the installation and go to C:\DAZ 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads and extract the 4 gb zip file. The exe file is inside there

• WittWitt Posts: 11

Interesting. I'm stuck at 86% as well. Seeing a pattern here...

I'll try the suggested workarounds.

• Yep, got stuck at 86% and this is the 'new, updated Mac OSX version'

• Same Problem.... 86% stalled

Wait MONTHS for a Mac version, then we can't install it.

Getting tired of this.

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 844
    edited September 2021

When I did a new install of Studio (4.15.0.25 beta) via DIM on my M1 MacBook Air, I did get a stalled installation.  I *seem* to remember that there was an alert in the background waiting for a response.  Seems like it was a macOS permissions dialog.  Once I found that and granted permission to whatever it was needing, the installation finished.  That's how I remember it going down. :)

Lee

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • I have got a very basic install using DIM, then made sure all the apps had full disk access and it seems to work, very slow though because I get weird errors, but the files install usually on the 3rd or 4th try.

This is going to take forever.

• its stuck on 14% on my pc

• I had this hanging install issue and tried multiple suggestions from the forum and other sites with no success.  Eventually I found that closing Daz Central when it stuck, reopening and clicking install permitted it to progress the installation. A couple of times and a long time later Daz Studio installed.

• swiftworx said:

Trying to install Daz on windows10. Installing Central is slow but finally works. After that if I try to install Studio from Central it hangs several times before finally getting stuck at 83%. The log file has this error over and over again:

2020-09-12 23:43:08.916 Installing: 13176-2 : DAZ Studio 4.12 (Win 64-bit)
    2020-09-12 23:44:10.033 WARNING: Killed Process
    2020-09-12 23:44:10.033 WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process ("cmd") is still running.
    2020-09-12 23:44:10.033 Install Failed: DAZ Studio 4.12 (Win 64-bit)

I'm using standard Defender, no extra virus or  malware progs, installing to default paths (on my C drive). After the first time it got stuck I deleted everything Daz (including the user/appdata directory) and started over clean. Same result. I've installed Daz studio a year (or 2) ago without any issues when it still used just the install manager. Now it wont work even though my system is exactly the same.

Suggestions before I just delete it all and give up?

My DazCentral says "Installation will start after previous installations and won't install Daz Studio. When I close the window and try installing again it just crushes on 57% and reinstalling DazCentral doesn't help what do I do?

• Im stuck at 43% in my pc

• "Installation will start after previous installations" Waited for 3 hours and it just crushed what do I do?????????

• im stuck at 57%, 

• uzoako911 said:

Im stuck at 43% in my pc

Same here - 43%.

• yeah same 43% 

• Same %57 

• I had to close Daz Central and reopen and click install every time it puased, eventually it did finish.
  • AstrozAstroz Posts: 15

why is here no instruction? why is this problem still not fixed.

• Same issue here.

I'm installing studio from daz central and i keep on closing and relaunching the program each time i get to this message : "Installation will begin after previous installations".

Percent after percent, I feel like installing the thing by myself. I'm at 72 now.

crazy.

• Everything is a delusion, life is painful. Was it not enough now that we are not getting any solution to this problem? laugh

In my case, it stuck at 57% and every time it restarts it begins from 57%.

As it was not enough now it is showing "Installation will begin after previous installations."

• GB72GB72 Posts: 0
    edited February 2022

I would say its' about time DAZ people would wake up and give any decend reply here.

I have the same problems as all the other people written about here above. Get to work and something about it, or at least pretend and give a sign of understanding en support!!

I installed DAZ before ok, but since I set up my PC again, Macbook Air M1, I'm unable to get Daz installed. The install manager has been [unreliable] from the beginning as it does freeze all the time. So I installed most items directly through Daz Studio itself. It worked well and was even A LOT faster.

When I download DAZ Studio and install it directly, I can't log in to my account, which means I can't download any of my content.

When I use the install manager, it freezes several times, to get eventually stuck at 86%.

So after spending rufly 1500 euro in total on DAZ I probably quit it and never buy anything for or from it ever again.

Good luck with the [unsatisfactory] support!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on