DazCentral won't install Daz studio

Comments

• GB72 said:

I would say its' about time DAZ people would wake up and give any decend reply here.

I have the same problems as all the other people written about here above. Get to work and something about it, or at least pretend and give a sign of understanding en support!!

I installed DAZ before ok, but since I set up my PC again, Macbook Air M1, I'm unable to get Daz installed. The install manager has been [unreliable] from the beginning as it does freeze all the time. So I installed most items directly through Daz Studio itself. It worked well and was even A LOT faster.

When I download DAZ Studio and install it directly, I can't log in to my account, which means I can't download any of my content.

When I use the install manager, it freezes several times, to get eventually stuck at 86%.

So after spending rufly 1500 euro in total on DAZ I probably quit it and never buy anything for or from it ever again.

Good luck with the [unsatisfactory] support!

First, sorry for the delay in clearing your post - your namechange took a while to filter through, and then the froums were down for much of the weekend.

So you are using Install Manager not Daz Central? That seems to be mor reliable on the mac M1 systems so I'm surrpised it is being such a problem for you. Are you able to use it at all, and will it let you log in to your account?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,524

Rule 101, please do not install using DAZ Central, install with DIM (DAZ Install Manager). DAZ Central do have some weird quirks that blow up in your face on macOS, depending on which macOS version you have and a bunch of other random parameters.

• GB72GB72 Posts: 0

Richard Haseltine said:

First, sorry for the delay in clearing your post - your namechange took a while to filter through, and then the froums were down for much of the weekend.

So you are using Install Manager not Daz Central? That seems to be mor reliable on the mac M1 systems so I'm surrpised it is being such a problem for you. Are you able to use it at all, and will it let you log in to your account?

Richard, thanks for your reply and interest! I really do appreciate that!

Install manager did install ok. It also installed files of wich it said where essential. What it refuse to install is DAZ Studio itself and PostgreSQL CMS.

They did download ok, but install manager isn't able to get them installed - Install failed! and this time after time, whatever I try.

I found the downloaded zip files in the folder of DAZ and PostgreSQL CMS and unzipped them right there. which worked fine.

Daz Studio installed ok and I can open it no problem.

I did the same with the PostgreSQL CMS. It unzipped ok, but still DAZ Studio is still asking for it.

So I went into DAZ preferences to the CMS tab. I tried to look for the folder where the PostrgreSQL CMS should be, allthough I'm not completely sure which folder I should be to be honest, Now,I can look for a folder and put it in there, but I can hit the apply button as much and often I want, it doesn't take it in. Afterwards it says 'none' again.

So, I'm still kind of stuck again.

Schermafbeelding 2022-02-08 om 19.03.45.png
    1695 x 1363 - 2M
    Schermafbeelding 2022-02-08 om 19.05.34.png
    1647 x 1243 - 642K
    Schermafbeelding 2022-02-08 om 19.20.15.png
    2839 x 1476 - 2M
    Schermafbeelding 2022-02-08 om 19.25.13.png
    2542 x 1453 - 2M
    Schermafbeelding 2022-02-08 om 19.26.18.png
    1255 x 1122 - 806K
  • Aaaaaaw why is there no support, im stuck on 57% and idk what to do :(

• hozatomas said:

Aaaaaaw why is there no support, im stuck on 57% and idk what to do :(

The forums are user-to-user, if you want official daz support (and it doesn't look as if there are user suggestions) then you need to open a ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help

• A tip I found on another page. this seemed to work for me too, the program looks normal with dark background for me now

hope this will help for you too.

Floortje

I got it working

Apparantly you have to Logout and Login everytime until it completes

You can tell when its stuck by watching the files sizes increase here

C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads

They go from 0 to 100 MB then 300 MB and so on, once you notice it changed, its probably time to logout and login until its all fine.

• tmbmnadim said:

Everything is a delusion, life is painful. Was it not enough now that we are not getting any solution to this problem? laugh

In my case, it stuck at 57% and every time it restarts it begins from 57%.

As it was not enough now it is showing "Installation will begin after previous installations."

I am facing the same issue. why they are not helping us out? sad

• This installation process is awful.  I tried both the Daz Central and Daz Install Manager.  Both get to some point and just quit downloading or installing.  Have you folks never heard of InstallShield?

The software install is for my wife.  If it was me, I would have given up already.

• Had an HDD go bad, had to reinstall and stuck at the notorious 86% (PC Win 11) this isnt just a Mac issue. Logging in/out does not work.
    2 years and this has not been addressed?

• CrowFeatherCrowFeather Posts: 7
    edited March 2022

Deleted AppData and it finally installed after a few attempts

Post edited by CrowFeather on
  • I got my Daz central and tried to Install Daz studio but after 68% done its just stopped and every time i retry is starts from 57% and stops again.....pls Help!!!

Extra: i ran the same version on the same pc before but now it doesnt work.

• Alowe49Alowe49 Posts: 40

Tried upgrad to 4.20 after installing a new video card - found that Daz Central stalled as the other posts describe -  only able to complete installation after uninstalling Daz Install Manager.

• natnienatnie Posts: 0

tmbmnadim said:

Everything is a delusion, life is painful. Was it not enough now that we are not getting any solution to this problem? laugh

In my case, it stuck at 57% and every time it restarts it begins from 57%.

As it was not enough now it is showing "Installation will begin after previous installations."

Yep this exactly is happening to me.

• I had the same problem and for me what worked was to log out from DazCentral, close the application and opened it again and logged in and the installation was completed.

• xtrasvenxtrasven Posts: 0

fiefafloor said:

Apparantly you have to Logout and Login everytime until it completes

Ahhh thanks!! I've been trying everything for two hours, as sometimes clicking install would make it go 1% up before going back to the install button!!
    Logout Login (had to do it two times) did finally work....

• i don't know how, but i did this and its work !
    i stucked at 86%, so clean uninstalled and stuck again at 86%.
    Then i logged out, then logged in. and it pop up a window asked to install DAz studio Helper. i click "yes".
    And then it continue loading to 100% and finish.
    Sorry for my bad english, Hope this help.
    Good luck 

• If anyone is still having this problem, the solution (for me) was to give DAZ full disk access. (System preferences-Security and Privacy-Privacy-Full Disk access) Running Monterey.

• The solution for me was closing and re-open DAZCentral every time it stops the installation.

• mdimdi Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

I had similiar issues and stuck at 86%. Tried suggestion below and worked. Thank you guys! 

nigeltantrum said:

If anyone is still having this problem, the solution (for me) was to give DAZ full disk access. (System preferences-Security and Privacy-Privacy-Full Disk access) Running Monterey.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Mine works, first it got stuck at 57% then I close it and open again then proceed with the installation then it got stuck on 57 then 71, 81, 83, 86, I did the same process everytime it got stuck until it complete to 100% now I can use the app

• Same trouble as others are having. It goes awhile then stops at a certain percent. Right now stuck at 69%. If this continues I'll just quit using it and just go with something else. Hmm...as I'm typing it just went to 70%. I might let it go awhile. Now 71%. Maybe it just takes a long time. Nope, jumped back to "Installation will begin after previous installations. So here we go again.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited July 2022

Never had such an issue... until today. Bought a new 2TB SSD as a boot disk. Installed Windows 11 all clean.

And now I'm also stuck. DIM does not not install DAZ nor PostgreSQL CMS.

I deleted all clean with Revo. And tried an install with DAZ Central instead. Same as others. Installing stuck at 86%.

I constantly check what's happening with Voidtools Everything and indeed... nothing at all is happening.

Could someone please explain a way to install all that manually if it's possible ?

Only thing that's different today : I have Windows 11 instead of 10. Eveyrthing else is setup as I always do. Full admin, UAC reduced to minimum, etc.

Reading / writing permissions are maximized for all folders where DIM installs things. I even put Bitdefender Security to sleep just in case but in vain. I'm a bit out of ideas.

Log.txt  (the one generated by DAZ Central) states always the same, as it's obviously retrying multiple times :
    2022-07-14 12:00:10.876 Installing: 18869-2 : PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)
    2022-07-14 12:01:12.550 WARNING: Killed Process
    2022-07-14 12:01:12.550 WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process ("cmd") is still running.
    2022-07-14 12:01:12.552 Install Failed: PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)
    2022-07-14 12:01:12.553 Installing: 13176-2 : DAZ Studio 4.20 (Win 64-bit)
    2022-07-14 12:02:13.486 WARNING: Killed Process
    2022-07-14 12:02:13.486 WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process ("cmd") is still running.
    2022-07-14 12:02:13.488 Install Failed: DAZ Studio 4.20 (Win 64-bit)

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • mimameior said:

I had this hanging install issue and tried multiple suggestions from the forum and other sites with no success.  Eventually I found that closing Daz Central when it stuck, reopening and clicking install permitted it to progress the installation. A couple of times and a long time later Daz Studio installed.

Thank you. Idiotic software, but this solved it for me.

• thuztorthuztor Posts: 0

Had the same issue, but managed it.

When it stucks, just go to your Task Manager and look for an app called something like: "Daz Download Manager".

Quit the task and it should work now.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited July 2022

Mine stalls out at 71%. Tried logging out, closing app down, relooging in, no joy. Open Task Manager and it's not there. Trying it again yeilds the same results. Trying to install from the splash screen hust yields "installation will begin after previous installations."

Is there a manual install for DS? DazCentral is useless.

Attempted to install to secondary drive with DIM, all install attemps failed. Tried installing to C drive, it insists the drive isn't available. A fresh install of Clip Studio Paint says otherwise.

Using Windows 11

Post edited by Madbat on
  • mpxmlmpxml Posts: 0

I have solved mine with manual instalation I wrote an article my way how to solve it here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/581561/a-fix-for-stuck-downloading-daz-studio-program-in-dazcentral#latest

I hope it will help :)

1. lucas.uriel.abate said:

Same %57 

Same

• Search for Daz Install Manager (DIM) in the daz main site (please be sure it is the oficial), I suspect this issue with Daz Central is because windows update is installing some garbage in the background without notice and won't let your Daz Studio installation run it's course, If you already Installed daz central you won't even need to log-in again in daz Install manager, your antivirus will pop up for sure anyways saying that "it protected your machine" and "it belongs to and unknown editor" or something like that (my windows is in spanish), anyways, it's a false positive, just install it and then a small windows will pop up asking what you want to download, select all and you will see a detailed progress of downloads and instalations, good luck!

• Ah was losing the will to live until i saw this post. spent 100+ dollars and thought I was scarred lol. Thanks 

• my installer is moving backwards..... 

I just tried to delete all previous versions because it wouldn't install with a previous version (i guess its incapable of just updating) ....im so frustrated. I have to reinstall everything, all my assets too. blah.