Vascularity HD for G1, G2 Male & Female (Now Available)

124»

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the in-depth explenation Kadix. Hope it will really help some people dramatically speed up their render times.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,060
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Thanks for the in-depth explenation Kadix. Hope it will really help some people dramatically speed up their render times.

You're really welcome Zev. I often saw people pushing like crazy their render settings to have nicer images, and at the end, they could have had the same results 10 times faster if not more. Same the for uber lights. They are often over scaled in term of settings. Now stronger settings is not always better image, sometimes you reach "almost" the best you can have much much before reaching the limits :)
    By the way, I wanted to tell you that I really like your Veins HD, they really render fine and realistic. Go on with such great products, I almost have them all in my content...

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,031
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Kadix, for taking the time to prepare all of this. It's a lot to digest, and will require some time and experimentation. I'll know more, too, when I develop my next character from scratch, and can test in a new environment. Off to investigate some more.

edited December 1969

You're welcome, good luck... Let us know if you reach a better quality/render time compromise.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,031
    edited December 1969

Kadix said:
    You're welcome, good luck... Let us know if you reach a better quality/render time compromise.

Further testing with other characters and scenes suggests strongly that there was some element (still unknown) of the scene in question that was creating issues. Though renders with HD morphs still take longer than others, I'm strongly suspecting other factors as the culprit(s). One very complex scene rendered today in just over 20 minutes.

edited December 1969

And this is normal. Happy your problem is solved.