Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.15.0.30! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

I moved my library a few times to different drives and edited my paths so that likely caused a few issues but up until the last few betas it was not an issue

it is actually quite stuffed

it cannot browse to file location, show stuff in mapped folder etc after finding stuff in search

4.11 works fine

• marius_ifmarius_if Posts: 48

johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

I just tried DAZ Studio 4.15.0.14 and (same like 4.15.0.13 before it) it crashes if you use Geometry Editor to select and delete polygons of a clothing item.

The crash is in DzCore.dll!DzFaceVertexDelta::operator=() method which gets called from copyDeltas().

The error is access violation (0xC0000005) accessing a memory address (the address is not a null pointer so I guess it is read after free type of error somewhere in there).

I wonder if DAZ even has a QA team anymore? I mean, if there is such a basic option such as selecting and deleting polygons in a 3D program which randomly crashes, how does that escape internal QA and ends up in public beta, much less in production version (which I assume has the same bug as well)?

I confirm Daz Studio beta build 4.15.0.14 on windows 10 64 bit works flawlessly in "Geometry Editor" when deleting selected parts of a cloth.

I tested it.

It does NOT crash, it works perfectly as is supposed to work.

Crashes you are experiencing might have more complex causes, from system runtimes to flawed drivers, including storage malfunctions, extreme hardware components heat, dead OS services and the list can easily expand quite a lot.

I always use the latest betas, I would be shouting and yelling like nuts - from 2006 on - if they would have built a flawed beta.

Unfortunately, that hasn't yet happened. When there were a slightly chance it would have happened, it was usually stated before.

The betas were all state-of-the-art builds, all were bringing in unprecedented advanced technologies, at the unbelievable price of zero bucks.

The long hours days and nights of these fabulous awesome - yet silent - developers, their sweat and headaches are the only price we shall never know.

That's all we pay.

I don't know them, I do not work for them, I am not a PA, but, I am not blind.

If you have a second PC, you should test if that keeps happening, that is one of the fastest, reliable checking method I have in mind.

I hope this helps.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

OK edited this so hopefully fingers crossed fixes it

How did you set that path? It should have I:/My Daz 3D Library if it was set in DIM.

edited March 2021

it had the public documents one for the earlier installs and updates were set to go to thd original install not selected path

install to packages respective paths 

this doesn't fix all my other issues though

I may need to completely remove the beta and references in application data roaming and do a clean install

4.11 is fine, smart content works etc on 4.11 so it's something amiss in the beta installation on this PC (my win7 beta is fine too)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Reality1Reality1 Posts: 115

jbowler said:

Reality1 said:

When I try the Beta download links from the DAZ store, both the IM and DC links fail to download the beta. When I type "DAZ Studio * Public Build" into the search on the Intall Manager, as suggested in the beta FAQ, it also fails to find it.

The thing you search for should be DAZ Studio * Public Build without the quotes.  It's better in my experience to search for just Public Build - that will show you all the beta packages, I count six of them.  Once you have "bought" it and refreshed DIM it should show up in the "Ready to Download" tab.  I assume it doesn't but that other packages do show up

I haven't been typing the quotes, just DAZ Studio * Public Build. It showed up once. The installer ran, failed for some reason, didn't report an error, and now it does not show up when I do the search.

The DAZ store shows I've purchased it, and the links are there, but the apps don't do what they're supposed to.

I assume you mean the IM and DC links on the beta product page.  The IM one should just fire up DIM IRC (I have to admit I never use them).  It may be that recent browser updates or changes have stopped them working but if you just open DIM and go to the "Ready to Download" page you should see stuff.  You can double check by "buying" one of the DAZ Productions weekly freebies and making sure that this shows up.  If not it sounds like DIM has lost your account information somehow.

Yes. It should come up, but it does not. It does not show up under "Ready to Install" nor "Installed" either. My acount information is all there, logs in, downloads, installs other things. It's possible that another purchase will trigger something that will clear a buffer or cache somewhere. I'll try that. Thanks.

The inability to launch more than one instance of Studio is a real hit on my workflow. Studio is taking a lot longer to open and close and won't relaunch before it's done with whatever its doing in the background when it closes. Might as well be a beta.

You can do that with recent versions of DAZStudio - just append -instanceName # to the command line.  The fix for the load time is to reduce the number of morphs you have installed, the fix for the close time is to delete everything in the scene before closing DAZStudio.

Bang, bang, on those two. Really good to know. Thank you!

I uninstalled and purged some of my application data roamingpresets but it STILL remembers settings (except the layout)

I still get this message opening it the first time too

I have that library at the top of my directory, it adds a duplicate

not tried the stuff that was failing yet, will try rebuilding my database, reimporting metadata etc

Capture.JPG
    321 x 124 - 18K
  • What does

%AppData%/daz 3d/Studio4 Public Build/RunOnce/

contain?

edited March 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

What does

%AppData%/daz 3d/Studio4 Public Build/RunOnce/

contain?

absolutely nothingsurprise

the release build (4:11) has the DAZ to Blender install dsa in it, likely because that's incompatible

Capture.JPG
    1257 x 633 - 70K
  • jbowlerjbowler Posts: 779

Reality1 said:

I haven't been typing the quotes, just DAZ Studio * Public Build. It showed up once. The installer ran, failed for some reason, didn't report an error, and now it does not show up when I do the search.

And you tried searching for Public Beta too, right?  So what happens if you search for just BETA?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Well, the latest DS with the new Iray didn't do anything for opacity, whatever else it may have done.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Is it just me, or is version .14 laggy in the viewport when changing sliders.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Sevrin said:

Well, the latest DS with the new Iray didn't do anything for opacity, whatever else it may have done.

It's possible that Nvidia hasn't fixed the issue and sent the new driver/updates to Daz.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Sevrin said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6571831/#Comment_6571831 

My autofit finally seems to be working this build this rig again,

purging my application data roaming and reimporting metadata has fixed it

edited March 2021

well if I choose one gender surprise

apparently my files get overwritten if I choose the other one using Genesis 1 stuff on Genesis 8

this originally fit Genesis 8 male saved as a support asset

Now because I did the same outfit for Genesis 8 F and save it as a support asset it gets overwritten

I don't think its my set up as works perfectly on G8F (both sets now)

Genesis being NonBinary it doesn't have a separate data folder for the genders

I suspect using Genesis 2 clothes of one gender on the other would do the same thing

Capture.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 201K
  • johndoe_36eb90b0johndoe_36eb90b0 Posts: 235
    edited March 2021

DoctorJellybean said:

I've used Geometry Editor yesterday to delete polygons from a t-shirt, no crash for me.

Did t-shirt have Mesh Smoothing enabled?

Did you select and delete polygons from a single surface or from multiple surfaces at once?

Did you try deleting polygons more than once in succession?

For me the crash happens reliably after I repeatedly (i.e. at least 3 times) select and delete different polygons from the clothing item.

EDIT: It seems that this happens for clothing items converted from G3 to G8.

Post edited by johndoe_36eb90b0 on

apparently I have to name the male and female support assets differently as though save in different parts of my library they share the data folder

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,144

takezo_3001 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

looks like I might need to start grabbing betas and saving them too

I'm pretty much a collecter as I have scores of betas and general releases, I even have my old DS 3 advanced installs!

I do not save betas, but I have Generals releases from 4.11 to the current one, and I am very glad about it :) 

• I've taken to collecting Betas myself, I use two machines primarily but the favorite got up to 4.15 general release.

Found that IG Dawn to Dusk lighting didn't work, I use that quite a lot.   Saved scene with the lighting already there seems OK.

Uninstalled/reinstalled, same.   Changed to public 4.15, same.   Copied  older version 4.12 public from my other machine and everything works fine.

• JulesartJulesart Posts: 20

Where is the link for the update?  Was the issue with Mac's Big Sur resolved in this update?

• Julesart said:

Where is the link for the update?  Was the issue with Mac's Big Sur resolved in this update?

The update is just a resinstall (which wil automatically   remove the rpevious version. However, this verion does not have Big Sur compatibility - when it does there will probably be a very prominent announcement as it will have other conswequences, including breaking all plug-ins that cannot be updated.

• Hard lockup of Windows 10 Pro if I mistakenly add a folder that doesn't have a "runtime" directory to the Poser Formats section in the Content Directory Manager.  The error dialog pops up and Windows is completely locked up, requiring a hard reboot.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Gordon Runkle said:

Hard lockup of Windows 10 Pro if I mistakenly add a folder that doesn't have a "runtime" directory to the Poser Formats section in the Content Directory Manager.  The error dialog pops up and Windows is completely locked up, requiring a hard reboot.

not tried it but thanks for warning me yes 

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 779

Gordon Runkle said:

Hard lockup of Windows 10 Pro if I mistakenly add a folder that doesn't have a "runtime" directory to the Poser Formats section in the Content Directory Manager.  The error dialog pops up and Windows is completely locked up, requiring a hard reboot.

Works fine for me with 4.15.0.14, even if I respond "Yes" to the warning and add the directory.  DAZStudio can't lock Windows 10 unless there is a bug in W10.  It might be able to wipe out your graphics card but ctrl-alt-del should still bring back control.  I did manage to provoke somewhat terminal behavior a few days ago while I was also running several instances of the beta, even then ctrl-alt-del worked fine and I could bring up new task manager instances, just they froze too when I tried to end-task DAZStudio.  I did reboot in that case but I don't have the faintest idea what caused the problem; it looked more like a file system issue to me.

I'm reverting from 4.15.0.14, and am wondering what the lowest version for 8.1 is?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

nicstt said:

I'm reverting from 4.15.0.14, and am wondering what the lowest version for 8.1 is?

It has to be 4.15.x

cheers

• jbowler said:

Gordon Runkle said:

Works fine for me with 4.15.0.14, even if I respond "Yes" to the warning and add the directory.  DAZStudio can't lock Windows 10 unless there is a bug in W10.  It might be able to wipe out your graphics card but ctrl-alt-del should still bring back control.  I did manage to provoke somewhat terminal behavior a few days ago while I was also running several instances of the beta, even then ctrl-alt-del worked fine and I could bring up new task manager instances, just they froze too when I tried to end-task DAZStudio.  I did reboot in that case but I don't have the faintest idea what caused the problem; it looked more like a file system issue to me.

No, when I say "completely locked up requiring a hard boot" i mean exactly that; CTRL-ALT-DEL did nothing, nor did the reset button. I had to hard reboot with the power button.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

Updated to this beta and updated my Studio drivers from Nvidia. I noticed when I had a scene loaded and pressed SHIFT+F11 to go full screen viewport that the viewport disappeared and the program went un-responsive. duplicated this twice. Anyone ever see this?