Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.15.0.30! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• SergoyelesSergoyeles Posts: 11
    edited August 2021

nicstt said:

Then restore to the version you like

I don't know how to downgrade to 4.15.0.14 (Beta) I only see the lastest version (0.25) in DIM

Is there another way, link or something like that?

Post edited by Sergoyeles on
  • jbowler said:

PerttiA said:

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

Plus DIM is required and the above page doesn't seem to have a link to it:

https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

I assume that will download the MacOS version on a Mac.  After an installation with DAZCentral DIM should just find the existing content, then the instructions on the beta page (together with the "purchase" of the beta) should be enough to install it.

The page has now been updated to link to DIM.

• I've downloaded the DIM for the Beta, but when I try to run it on my Big Sur Mac I get the following notice.t

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 5.42.40 PM.png
    656 x 720 - 159K
  • thomas.a.wright_16c4378aec said:

I've downloaded the DIM for the Beta, but when I try to run it on my Big Sur Mac I get the following notice.t

Instead of double-clicking on the installer, try right-clicking and select "Open..." from the pop up menu.  It will ask if you want to continue running the application.  Should install fine after that.

Lee 

• Thanks to the new beta version, I was able to run DAZ on Mac(Big Sur) after a long time. The speed of saving the scene file is terrifyingly slow, but I'll wait and see if it'll be solved.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited August 2021

Tried 4.15.0.25 Beta. 

No go.  First time, went back to previous beta, this case 4.15.0.14.  3 yr Win7 user with RTX2080ti and Nvidia 460.89 games driver.

Issue: Saved scene.duf at 4,664kb would not load.  Has tons of morphs and outfits.  Tried again 2 more times. No success.  Gets stuck on loading morphs.

4.15.0.14 also paused on neck width (or size), but lasted less than 8 secs, plus paused 2 other times on other morphs while loading.  Loaded scene normally with no reboot per usual.  Whereas, 4.15.0.25 stuck for 3 minutes with  o change at neck witdth (or size) .   Tried beta 4.15.0.25 3times to be sure.

Killed DS process and back to 4.15.0.14 beta.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • "Saved scene.duf at 4,664kb would not load"

Yeah same thing here.

So it took 6 months to make no improvments at all but implement loading bugs yes

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Tried 4.15.0.25 Beta too.

Win10 64bit, same issue as Saxa. Saved scene stuck at "TearProjectionShape.dsf"

Please give me the 4.15.0.14 back - me stupid didn't saved it.

• In the New Beta version, 4.15.0.25  changing shaders was as simple as clicking on the shader and wham new shader on your character or and assets. 

Now I tried the same thing but one shader just overlaid on top of the original shader. 

So I had to go into the surface panel and remove all the offending settings before the other shader could be applied

Has anyone else found this happening  ??

• The New New Beta version, 4.15.0.25 Also just hang not responding when clearing a scene 4 times now I have had to close the program through task manager to open up and start again

Also every character I load has a duplicate error 

Adding another character to the scene Just crashes the program?

• m4daram4dara Posts: 10

I also have a lot of crashes with the new beta, for example when adding clothes to characters.

Also some of my scenes with a lot of morphs don't load (same issue as above). Unfortunately I did not backup previous build too.

So I use original DAZ again (not beta), here everything works again.

• edited August 2021

Ok, I got it to install. But, now all it does is crash on startup with a problem report. Just to clarify. DIM works. The DAZ Studio Beta is what crashes.

Post edited by thomas.a.wright_16c4378aec on
  • thomas.a.wright_16c4378aec said:

Ok, I got it to install. But, now all it does is crash on startup with a problem report. Just to clarify. DIM works. The DAZ Studio Beta is what crashes.

Please attach the crash report.

• DoctorJellybean said:

thomas.a.wright_16c4378aec said:

The whole thing runs several pages, but here it the initial page.

DAZ Crash Report 2021-08-19 at 1.24.25 PM.png
    2224 x 2602 - 2M
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,545

DoctorJellybean said:

The whole thing runs several pages, but here it the initial page.

Put into a PDF and upload it as the crash is in Thread 13 and that not in the part you posted. 

• beta 4.15.0.26 will not load anything just hangs for 15 mins and all I have is studio not responding

• ragamuffin57 said:

beta 4.15.0.26 will not load anything just hangs for 15 mins and all I have is studio not responding

That's any content at all, or saved scenes? A couple of people earlier in the thread were having issues with saved scenes.

• ragamuffin57ragamuffin57 Posts: 132
    edited August 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

ragamuffin57 said:

beta 4.15.0.26 will not load anything just hangs for 15 mins and all I have is studio not responding

That's any content at all, or saved scenes? A couple of people earlier in the thread were having issues with saved scenes.

Richard, I was a little premature to start with nothing would load!  No figures props nothing. Restarted my computer to complete a software update  and what you know now i can load figures and other assets   laughbut like others have reported no saved scenes will load  regardless of basic the scene is

Post edited by ragamuffin57 on
  • There is an updated beta, which is letting me save and reload a simple scene at least.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 745
    edited August 2021

EDIT: I spoke too soon.  I just tried to load an older scene (one that I saved on Feb 17 of this year before I started doing all the CMS reduction stuff).  It's now stuck.  The last thing in the log this may be irrelevant) is:

2021-08-19 15:12:16.066 Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.0s - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf

And the last message in the window corresponds to the start of the load of, I believe, the last of the three characters in the scene.  This is 4.14.0.25 still.  The problem has been reported to Microsoft.

EDIT 2: when it rains it pours.  I just got an uncancellable dForce on an entirely new scene.  I clicked "cancel" when I realized it was jammed at the start (first frame, dForce an animation timeline), the Cancel button disappeared but the dialog kept disappearing and reappearing (with no cancel button) so I clicked the Red X on the dialog and DAZ Studio just disappeared without trace.  Last plaintive cry from the log file:

2021-08-19 17:21:28.178 Shortest spring had length: 0.0461506

Just off-the-shelf dForce top/skirt (I was about to fix the collision offsets which almost every product ships with).

EDIT 3: Crash on save of the complex scene I was working on.  It occured in a "logClose" method when that method for some reason called Qt "processEvents"; not a good thing to do in something that is doing a close...  The Qt processing got an event (apparently a UI one) then crashed.  I got the Dr Watson but it contains a large dump of personal information so I aborted reporting it as a bug.

Richard Haseltine said:

There is an updated beta, which is letting me save and reload a simple scene at least.

I've been loading and saving the scene I was working on (4.15.0.4) with no problem in 4.15.0.25.  I haven't tried 4.15.0.26 yet.  The only issue that I might be seeing with .25 is there seems to be a pause when starting a new instance; I'm pretty sure that wasn't there in .14  This is on Windows 10 with NVidia Studio Driver 471.68 (from August 10) on a Titan XP, only used for Iray and dForce, plus Intel UHD Graphics 630 for everything else (i.e. all the UI).

Post edited by jbowler on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

Any chance the morph loading issue could be caused by copying the G8 morphs/expressions to the G8.1 directory tree?

This was a subject of discussion on a thread here, and many decided to do so.

I didn't, and I'm not having the morph loading problems.

I'm also not having any problems loading and saving scenes either.

I've tried the oldest ones I have and also made new ones to test with.

No stalls or crashes at all.

DForce runs just fine for me aswell.

Not sure what is different between my setup and the ones that are having the issues.

All Daz stuff is installed via DIM.

Windows 10 Pro with all the latest (no insider content) updates.

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 CPU.

It seems .26 might fix some of the show-stopper problems in .25; my .25 ended up over a space of minutes with a totally borked viewport configuration and complete inability to load scenes.  Anyway, with .26 I looked at the log file to see what is going on during startup and I saw this:

2021-08-19 19:01:42.113 	GL_MAX_ELEMENTS_VERTICES : 1048576.
    2021-08-19 19:01:42.155 Creating Asset Manager...
    2021-08-19 19:01:42.248 Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.017 Creating Cloud Manager...
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.085 Creating Authentication Manager...
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.097 Creating Scene...
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.098 *** Scene Cleared ***
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.099 Creating Inverse Kinematics Manager...
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.107 Loading plug-ins:

So what is this "Cloud Manager"?  I noticed in the crash report there was a file "cloudLog.txt" and it contained very very personal information; specific names of user created files on my disk.  I'm asking because of the use of the word "CLOUD".

I have reverted to 4.15.0.14 (the first time I have ever reverted a DS version).  The only problem I have now, after the revert is a dialog which popped up saying something along the lines of:

Missing: data/daz 3d/genesis 8/male/genesis8male.dsf

Nevertheless Tristan is still present in all his HD glory so I'm not complaining anywhere near as much as I was when I was .25

The message is certainly mysterious because the file exists in one of the directories in my CMS.  It does have different capitalization; maybe the MacOS changes made someone forget that it doesn't matter on Windoze?

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited August 2021

jbowler said:

The message is certainly mysterious because the file exists in one of the directories in my CMS.  It does have different capitalization; maybe the MacOS changes made someone forget that it doesn't matter on Windoze?

I wouldn't think so, since it doesn't matter on Mac either, and I believe the files are the same for Windows and Mac, I open one set of files on both platforms.

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on

wsterdan said:

I wouldn't think so, since it doesn't matter on Mac either, and I believe the files are the same for Windows and Mac, I open one set of files on both platforms.

-- Walt Sterdan

It most certainly does.

• Lothar Weber said:

Tried 4.15.0.25 Beta too.

Win10 64bit, same issue as Saxa. Saved scene stuck at "TearProjectionShape.dsf"

Please give me the 4.15.0.14 back - me stupid didn't saved it.

I tried 4.15.0.26 and I still have this problem, I don't recommend updating yet if you have this problem.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

jbowler said:

wsterdan said:

-- Walt Sterdan

It most certainly does.

My apologies, I must be minunderstanding what you said. I thought you said that the Mac OS filing system was case sensitive; while both Windows and Mac OS can be configured to be case senstitive, the Mac is not case sensitie by default. 

-- Walt Sterdan

• JeremionJeremion Posts: 46
    edited August 2021

I regret the update, I know have some issues to render some pics, black screen...  Some poses make the application just freezed

Give me back the previous version :p

Post edited by Jeremion on
  • jbowler said:

It seems .26 might fix some of the show-stopper problems in .25; my .25 ended up over a space of minutes with a totally borked viewport configuration and complete inability to load scenes.  Anyway, with .26 I looked at the log file to see what is going on during startup and I saw this:

2021-08-19 19:01:42.113 	GL_MAX_ELEMENTS_VERTICES : 1048576.
    2021-08-19 19:01:42.155 Creating Asset Manager...
    2021-08-19 19:01:42.248 Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.017 Creating Cloud Manager...
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.085 Creating Authentication Manager...
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.097 Creating Scene...
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.098 *** Scene Cleared ***
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.099 Creating Inverse Kinematics Manager...
    2021-08-19 19:01:43.107 Loading plug-ins:

So what is this "Cloud Manager"?  I noticed in the crash report there was a file "cloudLog.txt" and it contained very very personal information; specific names of user created files on my disk.  I'm asking because of the use of the word "CLOUD".

That is related to daz Connect - it needs to set things up for using the cotnent that might have been installed that way, even working offline, and to connect to the daz Servers if you ask it to. My cloudlog doesn't seem to contain any personal information, but if you log in and choose to do so DS will store your credentials - I do have mine saved, perhaps they appear in the log if they have to be entered anew. In any event, DS does not connect to Daz at all unless told to do so (by using (Connect, or, anonymously, if participating in the product improvement programme or - as far as I know pull-only - for a version check).

• Jeremion said:

I regret the update, I know have some issues to render some pics, black screen...  Some poses make the application just freezed

Give me back the previous version :p

Which version were you using before? Are you sure your current driver meets the minimum requirement for this version of Iray.