Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.15.0.30! (*UPDATED*)

1202122232426»

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Most likely the tif files used for the normal maps.

Remove those and try it again.

• mikmodmikmod Posts: 65

Thank you, I'll try! Though, "converting" the shader with that procedure I described, seems to alleviate the crash, and "converted" shader still uses those TIFF images as normal textures.

Does DS have problem with big TIFF files (or with TIFF format altogether)?

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Some tif format images yes, but not all.

If you have it rendering in iray with just shader adjustments and are still using the same maps and textures then they aren't the problem.

I've been using the NGS AnaGenesis 2 shader with the beta for many versions now and haven't had a problem with it.

So I won't be much help with that one.

• mikmod said:

Thank you, I'll try! Though, "converting" the shader with that procedure I described, seems to alleviate the crash, and "converted" shader still uses those TIFF images as normal textures.

Iray, in particular its freeimage.dll component, currently has an issue with some Tiffs - it seems to eb the compression algorithm used that is the issue. The fix will require a new version of Iray, so keep an eye on the threads about Daz Studio 4.15.1.x for news

edited November 2021

I noticed this crashing bug also just by loading ANSIKO's "Sci Fi Spaceship Bedroom", applying their Iray material preset, and trying to render the preview. Voila, c0000374 exception, caught by Windows. There's something wrong with handling a bit older Iray Uber shader, cause applying the more recent "converting" Iray Uber Base shader alleviates this issue. For now, I just need to remember to apply this shader to any older asset, before trying to render. Also, I noticed, after a couple of such crashes DS became a bit sluggish with I/O operations. Reboot helps with that. :)

I noticed that Tone Mapping and Environment sections are missing from the Rendering pane upon creating new, empty scene in this beta (4.15.1.84), until the moment of using Iray preview.

2021-11-01_04h16_08.png
    1106 x 702 - 52K
    Post edited by mikmod on

Richard Haseltine said:

mikmod said:

Iray, in particular its freeimage.dll component, currently has an issue with some Tiffs - it seems to eb the compression algorithm used that is the issue. The fix will require a new version of Iray, so keep an eye on the threads about Daz Studio 4.15.1.x for news

Thank you, I will!

• mikmod said:

I noticed that Tone Mapping and Environment sections are missing from the Rendering pane upon creating new, empty scene in this beta (4.15.1.84), until the moment of using Iray preview.

You can also create them from the Create menu options.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 742

DoctorJellybean said:

mikmod said:

You can also create them from the Create menu options.

Rendering with Filament also creates them.  The weird inconsistency is that the "Filament Draw Options" node does not seem to ever get auto-created, even though the settings it contains are certainly used for Filament renders.  It's necessary to use the "Create" menu and, once that is done, it becomes easy to match filament rendering light levels to Iray rendering light levels.

This has always been the case - it's true of the 4.15.0.30 General Release/Beta.  I don't think it has change in .1.84, it hadn't in .1.72

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited January 2022

Oops; wrong thread. 

Post edited by WandW on