Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.15.0.30! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

StratDragon said:

Updated to this beta and updated my Studio drivers from Nvidia. I noticed when I had a scene loaded and pressed SHIFT+F11 to go full screen viewport that the viewport disappeared and the program went un-responsive. duplicated this twice. Anyone ever see this?

My Viewport doesn't disappear, it's the only thing that shows.The Panes I have on either side do disappear and the viewport goes fullscreen.

The program stays responsive for me.

My scene isn't very large or memory intensive.

Nvidia driver version 461.92.I do see a new version is available though.I haven't installed it yet.Gforce Experience got updated when I opened it, but that didn't seem to cause any issues.It does say that it "optimises your creative applications" .Whatever that means.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 779

IceCrMn said:

Nvidia driver version 461.92.I do see a new version is available though.I haven't installed it yet.Gforce Experience got updated when I opened it, but that didn't seem to cause any issues.It does say that it "optimises your creative applications" .Whatever that means.

I tested full screen both before and after the "upgrade" to 462.31; no issues.

So far I haven't seen any issues that I can't reasonably assign to DAZStudio with the driver upgrade.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

jbowler said:

IceCrMn said:

So far I haven't seen any issues that I can't reasonably assign to DAZStudio with the driver upgrade.

So you are getting the un-responsive UI aswell then?

I'm not.

Maybe it's something to do with something else.If I'm not seeing it.

Maybe I need to increase resource useage(more complex scene) to trigger it?

IceCrMn said:

jbowler said:

IceCrMn said:

So you are getting the un-responsive UI aswell then?

I'm not.

Maybe it's something to do with something else.If I'm not seeing it.

Maybe I need to increase resource useage(more complex scene) to trigger it?

No, **no** issues - i.e. I can go F11 and go back without any problem.  The issues I do see, weird dForce behavior, wacky render times dependent on EV, certainly look like DAZ not NVidia to me.

• mikmodmikmod Posts: 65
    edited April 2021

I noticed that this beta (v4.15.0.14) can crash the moment Iray kicks in with the first refresh in viewport window, just after that grayscale image. The only requirement is a mesh present, because empty scene seems to work just fine. The crash isn't intercepted by DS. It happens during supposedly prolonged Windows session.

Stable 4.15 doesn't have this problem - it works just fine. Switching from previous to newest (462.31) Studio driver didn't help.

I'm yet to check, if "fresh" Windows session changes things.

Crash

Nazwa zdarzenia problemu: APPCRASH

Faulting application name: DAZStudio.exe

version: 4.15.0.14

time stamp: 604b1e61

Faulting module name: StackHash_1956

version: 10.0.19041.928

time stamp: 9bed63d6

Exception code: c0000374

Fault offset: PCH_5A_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009D874

OS version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48

Regional settings ID: 1045

Additional information 1: 1956

Additional information 2: 1956a3aaa3247b04b68640fbb2379962

Additional information 3: ce89

Additional information 4: ce89411aeec175002d79efbe8b3581e7

Edit: I noticed this asset (converted to G8M from Kennedy's sneakers and saved as Wearable, so probably requires the original asset) causes this crash the moment you try to render the preview.

• Aaaha. It's the PBRLayered shader that beta Iray doesn't like.
    • After converting it to Daz's Iray shader, crash during creating preview render still occurs, but this time it's caught by DS, as it happens in libneuray.dll file.

duf
    duf
    kennedy sneakers.duf
    2M
    2021-04-18_18h39_24.png
    764 x 1843 - 180K
    zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_210418-184459.zip
    Post edited by mikmod on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

IceCrMn said:

StratDragon said:

Updated to this beta and updated my Studio drivers from Nvidia. I noticed when I had a scene loaded and pressed SHIFT+F11 to go full screen viewport that the viewport disappeared and the program went un-responsive. duplicated this twice. Anyone ever see this?

My Viewport doesn't disappear, it's the only thing that shows.The Panes I have on either side do disappear and the viewport goes fullscreen.

The program stays responsive for me.

My scene isn't very large or memory intensive.

Mine might have been a fluke but my scenes can get complex so it might be. I updated my NV drivers this week, the transparency issue is resolved so previews are usable again; e.g. haircaps and clothing transparencies no turn hulk green. the GForce Experience is just PITA overhead IMHO. I don't use it, I don't need it. I think it's more suited for gamers.

• DamnekoDamneko Posts: 10

I can't disable casting shadow in filament so i hope there is gonna be an option for this.
    and Bloom/Glare/Emissive Lights effects should be added too.

• ElysichElysich Posts: 9

I updated to the newest Beta today and since then Daz doesn't 'safe' the Undo options anymore. 

I changed something in the render settings and it got saved in the undo-cache. But then I proceeded to work on the scene but no matter how much I change, the only thing I can undo is what I did 20 minutes ago in the render settings.

• Elysich said:

I updated to the newest Beta today and since then Daz doesn't 'safe' the Undo options anymore. 

I changed something in the render settings and it got saved in the undo-cache. But then I proceeded to work on the scene but no matter how much I change, the only thing I can undo is what I did 20 minutes ago in the render settings.

What have you changed which won't undo?

Elysich said:

Yes; it is incredibly annoying but once you have got into this state the only way out that I know is to save the scene, close DAZStudio (wait for it to exit) and reopen the scene.  At this point there is absolutely no way of recovering correct undo behavior that I have found.  I haven't actually seen DAZ Studio crash, though obviously it is in an extremely bad state, but it is just not worth worrying about; kill it, it's the only answer.  It has happened to me countless times (i.e. I have stopped counting, and I only started counting when I worked out it was a DAZStudio meme...)

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

Geocrafts and Geoshells no longer get along? New behavior: geoshell does not have the surfaces of the grafts.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,358

evilded777 said:

Geocrafts and Geoshells no longer get along? New behavior: geoshell does not have the surfaces of the grafts.

An example?

DoctorJellybean said:

evilded777 said:

An example?

For a simple example: load Genesis 8 Male, load a genital figure. Create GeoShell. The only surfaces on the geoshell are the base figure. Do this in the General Release, and the surfaces for the base figure plus the graft are on the shell. Many add on grafts make use of this feature, along with Opacity... which is conspicuously absent in the new PBRSkin shader.

evilded777 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

evilded777 said:

An example?

For a simple example: load Genesis 8 Male, load a genital figure. Create GeoShell. The only surfaces on the geoshell are the base figure. Do this in the General Release, and the surfaces for the base figure plus the graft are on the shell. Many add on grafts make use of this feature, along with Opacity... which is conspicuously absent in the new PBRSkin shader.

I just did it in the beta testing G8M with both the Daz G8M add on and Meipe's equivalent.  I see all the respective add-on surfaces in each geoshell.

jbowler said:

evilded777 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

evilded777 said:

An example?

I just did it in the beta testing G8M with both the Daz G8M add on and Meipe's equivalent.  I see all the respective add-on surfaces in each geoshell.

I do not see the same. Everything works as expected in the General Release, does not work in the Beta.

And now it works today. Yesterday across multiple restarts I saw this behavior. Now, it works. Maybe it was me.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

evilded777 said:

And now it works today. Yesterday across multiple restarts I saw this behavior. Now, it works. Maybe it was me.

No, it was the accursed little green-eyed gremlin that resides in all our systems, wink been trying to create a gremlin-catching device with no luck so far! ​

• yxg1003yxg1003 Posts: 0

DAZ Studio 4.15 (64-bit) Abnormal exit

After opening daz, randomly use any function, daz will automatically exit, and it is invalid to replace the operating system
    打开daz后,随意使用任何功能,daz会自动退出,更换操作系统无效
    CPU i7 11700F GPU RTX2060 RAM 16GB

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

So if my DIM doesn't even work on Windows 10, is there even a way for me to download this beta version?  It can't be much worse than I am dealing with right now.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,358
    edited May 2021

Geminii23 said:

So if my DIM doesn't even work on Windows 10, is there even a way for me to download this beta version?  It can't be much worse than I am dealing with right now.

You can use DazCentral, but see my reply to your post.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

DoctorJellybean said:

Geminii23 said:

Is there an option in DazCentral to get the beta? I don't see that anywhere.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429

Geminii23 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Geminii23 said:

Is there an option in DazCentral to get the beta? I don't see that anywhere.

No, Daz Central doesn't handle betas - it's designed for a simplified experience, aimed at new users, so I suppose betas might have been seen as a potential source of confusion.

• vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207
    edited May 2021

BUG reports for  DAZ 4.15.0.14 beta:

No matter what, it seems there are multiple things causing DAZ to crash upon render (switching viewport to IRAY).

1. I loaded a DAZ studio project file saved in 4.15.0.2 ... The dForce Spring Slingshot Bikini for Genesis 8 Females by SWTrium had simulation data on it. As soon as I switched viewport render to IRAY, it caused Daz Studio to crash.  The log files last line was trying to load a transparency map on Spring Slingshot Bikini.  So I knew there had to be a problem with the slingshot bikini. It turns out its simulation data needed to be cleared, which prevents the crash from happening, and IRAY begins rendering in the viewport. (Sometimes DAZ will crash anyways when switching viewport render to IRAY, so I can't be 100% sure this is an issue *sigh*)

2. DAZ Studio 4.15.0.14 beta takes very long time to load project files, while 4.15.0.2 loads the same project files much faster. 4.15.0.2 feels overall faster, while 4.15.0.14 feels clunky & slower throughout normal use.  For example, when first loading a project file, it gets stuck on Preparing Fit-To Information on the bottom left for a long time, eventually clearing up; this does not happen in 4.15.0.2.  This may also be tied to simulation data from that slingshot bikini mentioned in the problem up above? I did more testing. After clearing simulation data and saving the project file. I closed daz and opened it again, and this time it loaded much faster.

3. DAZ Studio 4.15.0.14 beta takes a long time to save project files, while 4.15.0.2 loads the same project files much faster. 

4.  DAZ Studio 4.15.0.14 beta has a problem where it doesn't close, remaining in memory and using 15-20% cpu, despiet not being seen in the taskbar.

LOL, this beta version scared the hell out of me. I made sure to save DAZ 4.15.0.2 installer! 

EDIT: Damn this version crashes on render A LOT. I'm, using NVIDIA driver 461.92.  This is really bad, I need to use DAZ & GOZ A LOT.  I need to make morphs, then render to make sure they look good.  The only way to do that currently is to make the morph in DAZ beta & Zbrush, but then save the morph asset, close and open it in the stable version of DAZ.  Then go back and forth between this process. This is so bad, it takes way too long.  Something that should take less than 30 seconds has turned into a 5-6 minute ordeal and that turns into losing 1-2 hours a day of time over just waiting & waiting.

Does anyone know how to fix the Zbrush GOZ problems in 4.15.0.2 so I can avoid using 4.15.0.14 ? Basically, in 4.15.0.2, when I try to send 8.1 figure to GOZ, it won't go to zbrush unless it has no attachments (no eyelashes, no clothing, nothing). Is there anyway to keep the attachments, but still send 8.1 figure to Zbrush via Goz? Any tricks?

Post edited by vozolgant on

vozolgant said:

BUG reports for  DAZ 4.15.0.14 beta:

No matter what, it seems there are multiple things causing DAZ to crash upon render (switching viewport to IRAY).

1. I loaded a DAZ studio project file saved in 4.15.0.2 ... The dForce Spring Slingshot Bikini for Genesis 8 Females by SWTrium had simulation data on it. As soon as I switched viewport render to IRAY, it caused Daz Studio to crash.  The log files last line was trying to load a transparency map on Spring Slingshot Bikini.  So I knew there had to be a problem with the slingshot bikini. It turns out its simulation data needed to be cleared, which prevents the crash from happening, and IRAY begins rendering in the viewport. (Sometimes DAZ will crash anyways when switching viewport render to IRAY, so I can't be 100% sure this is an issue *sigh*)

2. DAZ Studio 4.15.0.14 beta takes very long time to load project files, while 4.15.0.2 loads the same project files much faster. 4.15.0.2 feels overall faster, while 4.15.0.14 feels clunky & slower throughout normal use.  For example, when first loading a project file, it gets stuck on Preparing Fit-To Information on the bottom left for a long time, eventually clearing up; this does not happen in 4.15.0.2.  This may also be tied to simulation data from that slingshot bikini mentioned in the problem up above? I did more testing. After clearing simulation data and saving the project file. I closed daz and opened it again, and this time it loaded much faster.

3. DAZ Studio 4.15.0.14 beta takes a long time to save project files, while 4.15.0.2 loads the same project files much faster. 

4.  DAZ Studio 4.15.0.14 beta has a problem where it doesn't close, remaining in memory and using 15-20% cpu, despiet not being seen in the taskbar.

LOL, this beta version scared the hell out of me. I made sure to save DAZ 4.15.0.2 installer! 

EDIT: Damn this version crashes on render A LOT. I'm, using NVIDIA driver 461.92.  This is really bad, I need to use DAZ & GOZ A LOT.  I need to make morphs, then render to make sure they look good.  The only way to do that currently is to make the morph in DAZ beta & Zbrush, but then save the morph asset, close and open it in the stable version of DAZ.  Then go back and forth between this process. This is so bad, it takes way too long.  Something that should take less than 30 seconds has turned into a 5-6 minute ordeal and that turns into losing 1-2 hours a day of time over just waiting & waiting.

Does anyone know how to fix the Zbrush GOZ problems in 4.15.0.2 so I can avoid using 4.15.0.14 ? Basically, in 4.15.0.2, when I try to send 8.1 figure to GOZ, it won't go to zbrush unless it has no attachments (no eyelashes, no clothing, nothing). Is there anyway to keep the attachments, but still send 8.1 figure to Zbrush via Goz? Any tricks?

Do the two versions have the same content directory set ups, and use the same database? Differences there might have an effect on load, and possiby on save, times. Also, if there are more directories connected to the Public Build with more morphs in them then the clean up on shut down would take longer. It's even possible that additional properties might have enough effect on memory load to account for the failure of Iray in some scenes with heavy (play range) dForce simulations.

edited May 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Do the two versions have the same content directory set ups, and use the same database? Differences there might have an effect on load, and possiby on save, times. Also, if there are more directories connected to the Public Build with more morphs in them then the clean up on shut down would take longer. It's even possible that additional properties might have enough effect on memory load to account for the failure of Iray in some scenes with heavy (play range) dForce simulations.

Yes. I used two scripts that you linked to someone else in another post.  Copy_UI_From_Channel & Save_Mapped_Paths .. So both DAZ & DAZ Beta are identifcal in setup. 

I'm hoping they can release a hotfix for 4.15.0.2 that fixes the Zbrush & GOZ issue with G8.1 in the mean time. 4.15.0.14 is no where near ready for release given its massive crashing and sluggishness, but I'm sure it'll eventually be ready.  

vozolgant said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes. I used two scripts that you linked to someone else in another post.  Copy_UI_From_Channel & Save_Mapped_Paths .. So both DAZ & DAZ Beta are identifcal in setup. 

I'm hoping they can release a hotfix for 4.15.0.2 that fixes the Zbrush & GOZ issue with G8.1 in the mean time. 4.15.0.14 is no where near ready for release given its massive crashing and sluggishness, but I'm sure it'll eventually be ready.  

You could just export as OBJ and import the OBJ as a new tool in ZBrush, then export out from ZBrush at 0 divisions and import into DS using Morph Loader Pro with Reverse Deformations (which is pretty much what GoZ is doing, in effect).

edited May 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

vozolgant said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You could just export as OBJ and import the OBJ as a new tool in ZBrush, then export out from ZBrush at 0 divisions and import into DS using Morph Loader Pro with Reverse Deformations (which is pretty much what GoZ is doing, in effect).

That takes way too long unfortunately.  I think there is a solution here though. I need to figure out a way to rapidly and temporarily strip G8.1F of all attachments, because without attachments, G8.1F gets sent to Zbrush correctly via GoZ in 4.15.0.2, but if there are attachments present, then G8.1F does not get sent to Zbrush, only its attachments(fittings) are sent.

I wonder if there's a way to group all of G8.1F's attachments, like clothing hair, eyelashes, etc, then unfit, unparent rapidly.  Send G8.1F to Zbrush via Goz, then back in DAZ, rapidly reattach and reparent, refit all the attachments again?

EDIT: Use ---> Edit ---> Figure ---> Fit To ... That will allow you to fit and unfit multiple items at once. This quickly allows you to unfit everything, send G8.1F to Zbrush, make the morph, GOZ it back, then refit everthing simaltaneously when done.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 872
    edited June 2021

More in depth DAZ question.

RE: Mouse input & Daz studio

Previously, with Daz Studio's 'F3" and then "Mouse Button Modifiers" I was able to use the mouse side buttons as programmed buttons, which DAZ recognized.  For years since 4.12.
    Somehow that feature no longer works for some things.  Please note: no Win7 updates.

For example, today, in current Firefox 64bit (Win 7 pro) can make a webpage bigger/smaller with hold right SIDE button (win programmed custom: ctrl) and middle button scroll for zoom in and out.  Good.  Works as expected.

Whereas in DAZ, to pan, i have to hold CTRL button on Keyboard (KB) and then right mouse button will pan.  Bad.
    If i hold right-SIDE mouse and hold MAIN right mouse button (ie all mouse-driven as before), Daz shows "Select All".  How to change back so I get Pan again?

Whereas the F3 custom view (ie. not Mouse button modifiers), and set selected as centre with the same steelseries program for all Win programs recognizes the custom button i set up, and with one middle click in DS, the selected item is centred as expected.  Good.

Have tried many different ways and something is different now.  Or I can't find the issue.
    Is there a way to get my more mouse-driven setup working again, or what am I missing?

Time saving mouse commands with less KB makes a huge diff, so this is actually pretty important as a DAZ user, or it is for me and my speed.
    And absolutely many commands are KB-based, but use those less often.

(Win10 migration not complete yet, so untested and want Win7 with RTX2080ti as backup to work anyway).

If this mouse setup is unsupported by DS, then do one of the DS>edit>Device Settings still work and are they supported?

Thanks!!

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • JoltrastJoltrast Posts: 199

mikmod said:

I noticed that this beta (v4.15.0.14) can crash the moment Iray kicks in with the first refresh in viewport window, just after that grayscale image. The only requirement is a mesh present, because empty scene seems to work just fine. The crash isn't intercepted by DS. It happens during supposedly prolonged Windows session.

Ah damn, that's what I get with 4.15 stable. I was hoping the updated drivers in the beta would fix that.

• JoltrastJoltrast Posts: 199

jbowler said:

ledom30 said:

Hi. when I use Daz Studio 4.15.0.13 and I click with the right button and at the same time with the left button of my mouse, my cursor disappears and does not reappear!

It's a known, frequently reported bug which is ridiculously easy to reproduce when you know how to do it.  The cursor actually disappears when the left button is pressed down over a viewport control (rotate, translate) and this is deliberate.  It reappears when the left button is released, however if you accidentally right click, as though to bring up a context menu, then release the left button the cursor does not reappear.  Repeating the left press/release over the viewport controls does not fix it, but a left click on any of the three drop-down menus at the top right of the viewport does fix it, and this seems to be the only way of fixing it!

There is a second, possibly related, bug that if a scene element is highlighted when the rotate or translate button is pressed the highlight is not removed even though the cursor is; this can make if very difficult to use the controls.

Thank you for explaining this. This happens to me on 4.15 stable and I thought it was my computer acting up!