Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.15.0.30! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 742
    barbult said:
    I'm thankful we actually got a highlights post for this version.

I've been clicking on it for the last half hour and it hasn't shown up yet...  It doesn't help that I'm getting a 404 from the change log.  That's why I said "Whim of the Web".  WW as it were, one short of WWW.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    jbowler said:
    barbult said:

I've been clicking on it for the last half hour and it hasn't shown up yet...  It doesn't help that I'm getting a 404 from the change log.  That's why I said "Whim of the Web".  WW as it were, one short of WWW.

I actually meant 4.14.0.8. I didn't even see that we've moved on to 4 14.0.10 already. The change log link works OK for me, though.
    barbult said:
    jbowler said:
    barbult said:

I actually meant 4.14.0.8. I didn't even see that we've moved on to 4 14.0.10 already. The change log link works OK for me, though.

The link is working for me now as well.  It would seem the 0% CPU hang should be fixed and the spurious loading of Iray DLLs when no Iray was used should have also gone.

• The render settings  'Defaults' button is still not working?

The render settings  'Defaults' button is still not working?

It doesn't affect the "tone mapping" and "environment" nodes if that is what you mean.  It resets everything else (I think; I haven't checked everything).  I suspect this is a feature.  I would like to have more than one "tone mapping" node and, possibly, more than one "environment" node because they are per-camera settings, not per scene.

"Environment" is per-camera with HDRI domes because the dome depends on the camera position; look at what @Dreamlight ended up doing in this product: 

https://www.daz3d.com/69-hdris--movie-maker-iray--courtyard-day

Off topic incidental comment; to render 16k HDRIs in DAZStudio turn of the "use limits" setting in the camera Dimensions/Pixel Size setting (and wait a long time.)

• cajhincajhin Posts: 154

DingDing, new beta?

Installed beta 4.14.0.10, just fyi, this is the first of ~10 installs that went wrong.

DIM said it installed it, but the result was a beta 4.14.0.8 that somehow pointed to the stable 4.12 version; wrong entries under "recent files" and no GUI styles available (all GUI items in Windows default white). Did a DIM uninstall, which hung, killed it, then another install and now it works.

Can't say for sure that I noticed changes to .0.8 so far (spend only 15 minutes so far, time to go).

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    cajhin said:

DingDing, new beta?

Installed beta 4.14.0.10, just fyi, this is the first of ~10 installs that went wrong.

DIM said it installed it, but the result was a beta 4.14.0.8 that somehow pointed to the stable 4.12 version; wrong entries under "recent files" and no GUI styles available (all GUI items in Windows default white). Did a DIM uninstall, which hung, killed it, then another install and now it works.

Can't say for sure that I noticed changes to .0.8 so far (spend only 15 minutes so far, time to go).

That's becauuse you did the upograde with DAZ Studio running or if you did exit it was still running in the background. You must remember before doing DAZ Studio upgrades to check to make sure DAZ Studio is not running by checking in the 'Task Manager' in the 'Details' tab. If you've messed up and found to do that and have your problem now you fix it by stopping DAZ Studio if it's running in the Task Manager and then using DIM to deinstall and reinstall DAZ Studio and it's plugins.

• ottawaclo said:
    ottawaclo said:

I cannot even install previous versions of Daz on Big Sur.

Anyone with any tips be nice....i really dont want to move on from Daz

Big Sur is not supported at the moment.

not even older versions of Daz? I really really dont want to wait till Mid 2021? I am sure others have expressed frustration but I mean this was not exactly a surprise that it was coming

Big Sur removed libstdc++.6.dylib from the system, so no version of Daz can run in the new shining MacOS. Daz knew this would happen (in fact Apple said it would remove this library a long time ago — I think it was at least four years ago — and advised developers to move from libstdc++ to libc++) but did nothing. The ETA for a solution is mid 2021 (I won't be buying anything from the Daz store until they solve this).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    ottawaclo said:
    ottawaclo said:

not even older versions of Daz? I really really dont want to wait till Mid 2021? I am sure others have expressed frustration but I mean this was not exactly a surprise that it was coming

Big Sur removed libstdc++.6.dylib from the system, so no version of Daz can run in the new shining MacOS. Daz knew this would happen (in fact Apple said it would remove this library a long time ago — I think it was at least four years ago — and advised developers to move from libstdc++ to libc++) but did nothing. The ETA for a solution is mid 2021 (I won't be buying anything from the Daz store until they solve this).

How do you know they did nothing?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Installed beta 4.14.0.10 and no issues loading a character and rendering in Iray. Only loaded the character as a test, but seems ok.

Will have to try transfering to Blender now.

• ottawaclo said:
    ottawaclo said:

In fact a lot of work towards migrating to Qt 5/6 has been done, mainly under the Source Maintenance heading in the change log. This is, I blieve, a necessary part of supporting the new compiler versions (and breaking the existing plug-ins).

ottawaclo said:
    ottawaclo said:

In fact a lot of work towards migrating to Qt 5/6 has been done, mainly under the Source Maintenance heading in the change log. This is, I blieve, a necessary part of supporting the new compiler versions (and breaking the existing plug-ins).

Yep.  The Apple approach, at least in iOS, requires the SDEs to encode the difference in architectures at compile time, not at "configure" time.  It runs pretty much contrary to cmake and configure both.  It is not simply one shot; it has to be done forever, c'est une religion, n'est pas?  A good one IMO, but still a religion.  Definately source maintenance, give the guy a baseball bat, much more fulfilling than carrying a cross.

• skboaskboa Posts: 59

Looks like I found a bug:
    If you duplicate an object, then change the surfaces (rename them, split them, etc.), it changes them on both, the duplicate and the original, like it's an instance, but it isn't an instance, so it shouldn't happen.
    Even worse, when you delete one surface on either the duplicate or the original, then delete one of the objects, daz instantly crashes.

Can anybody reproduce this behavior?

skboa said:

If you duplicate an object, then change the surfaces (rename them, split them, etc.), it changes them on both, the duplicate and the original, like it's an instance, but it isn't an instance, so it shouldn't happen.
    Even worse, when you delete one surface on either the duplicate or the original, then delete one of the objects, daz instantly crashes.

What method are you using to delete a surface?

• Man I have never had an issue before but I just launched and my environment and tone mapping is gone. It's not in either tab. What did I do?

Man I have never had an issue before but I just launched and my environment and tone mapping is gone. It's not in either tab. What did I do?

It's now a "singleton" in the scene, it needs to be created; use the Create menu, the entry right at the bottom.  It will automatically be created for existing scenes which have non-default settings (and possibly those that don't, I haven't checked that.)

• skboa said:

That is expected - the two items are referring to the same geoemtry asset. You would get the same if you loaded the item twice from the content panes, rather than duplicating. if you want to edit one but not the other then you have to save it as a new asset to make it independent.

• skboaskboa Posts: 59
    edited December 2020
    barbult said:
    skboa said:

What method are you using to delete a surface?

Geometry editor tool.

skboa said:

That is expected - the two items are referring to the same geoemtry asset. You would get the same if you loaded the item twice from the content panes, rather than duplicating. if you want to edit one but not the other then you have to save it as a new asset to make it independent.

Sorry and no offence but that's something no-one should expect, it doesn't make sense. You can load an object twice and edit one without any trouble, this only happened with duplicated objects so far. Also if your answer would be correct, it would mean that while creating several cubes, you can only edit one and all other cube would take the same changes, which again wouldn't make sense. That's what instances do, but not duplicated objects.

Now I didn't get it to crash, it seems that only happens with complex scenes, and in fact, this time I had to make several changes before the copy weirded out, but it did happened again
    (note the difference between the surfaces in the surface tab and the tool settings tab, also the applied color).

u1.png
    2569 x 832 - 985K
    u2.png
    2579 x 794 - 727K
    u3.png
    2579 x 1364 - 504K
    Post edited by skboa on
  • GLEGLE Posts: 52
    edited December 2020

Stepping in to report a bug:

Sometimes the history (Undo/Redo buttons) do not register actions.

For the time being, I could not find a way to reliably reproduce this behavior.

It happened:

- applying a pose I saved in a previous version of Studio

- setting the aux viewport to look through a camera and moving around with the mouse. Small mousewheel zooms seem to register less often than other larger movements.

Once the behavior is triggered, some actions will register and other will not.

EDIT: This behavior has been present since the jump to Beta 4.14, might have been already there in the latest versions of 4.12.

Thank you Daz team for your effort in bringing us Daz Studio.

Post edited by GLE on
  • I am trying to fix this thread for everybody

• you can post in this thread from the last post on page 1

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6206301/#Comment_6206301

maybe if we can get off of page 4 it will fix it

• Thanks Wendy for workaround smiley  Going to first page worked.

Thanks Daz for new environment options in 4.14.1.22.  Camera view through floor and tint are great add-ons.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

just posting to help fill up page 4

What has happened to the forum?

It is a mess.

We can't embed images.

We can't edit WYSIWYG.

There are thousands of previous quote links.

We can't even visit some pages, because they hang forever.

Please, page 4, go away! Will that help?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

barbult said:

What has happened to the forum?

It is a mess.

We can't embed images.

We can't edit WYSIWYG.

There are thousands of previous quote links.

We can't even visit some pages, because they hang forever.

Please, page 4, go away! Will that help?

Still page 4, trying to help ...

• posting to bumpt to page 5

• posting to bump to page 5

• bumping to move past page 4. Sorry admins, but this site is horrendous and we have to figure out how to do this ourselves :P

• bumping to move past page 4. Sorry admins, but this site is horrendous and we have to figure out how to do this ourselves :P