3Delight Useful Stuff?-Put It Here:)

1235»

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Very, very nice on the volumetrics image! Sweet!

-- Walt Sterdan

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

wsterdan said:

Very, very nice on the volumetrics image! Sweet!

-- Walt Sterdan

Hehe thank you so much:) 

• Is there a way ti reinstall omnifreakers shaders? Those for emissive surfaces. I suspect the don't work properly

edited December 2022

pavsikakyj said:

Is there a way ti reinstall omnifreakers shaders? Those for emissive surfaces. I suspect the don't work properly

That would be the Omnifreaker UberArea Light Shader, which is part of the DS defaults starter pack, if I'm not mistaken. So yeah it should be possible to let DIM reinstall the stuff (or do a manual install, the only methods I use, won't touch connect or central with a 20 foot pole;)And I've used the shader with no issues in DS4.20.

What kind of issues are you seeing? 

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Sven Dullah said:

pavsikakyj said:

Is there a way ti reinstall omnifreakers shaders? Those for emissive surfaces. I suspect the don't work properly

That would be the Omnifreaker UberArea Light Shader, which is part of the DS defaults starter pack, if I'm not mistaken. So yeah it should be possible to let DIM reinstall the stuff (or do a manual install, the only methods I use, won't touch connect or central with a 20 foot pole;)And I've used it with no issues in DS4.20.

What kind of issues are you seeing? 

The light behaves weird after shader applied. In previous vesions I can make any object to be a source of light with  UberArea Light Shader now it works differet. Only light plane gives some illumination  

edited December 2022

So here's how I set up a DS standard pointlight to work with the SM Voume shader, or rather how I set up the volume:

1 I established the lightlevels for the pointlight and the UbetEnvironment2 diffuse light. Without fog!!

2 I created a primitive cube to serve as the volume, and placed it so it intercepted the floor, walls and ceiling, but left the camera just outside. Instead of setting opacity color to a none black, while positioning, I created a geoshell and set opacity to 75%, much easier to hide in the scene tab by clicking the eye icon.See attachment:

3 Made a few testrenders in progressive mode to set up the volume, settings attached:

4 Final render in non progressive mode:

voltest light levels no fog.png
    1200 x 675 - 1M
    Volume cube position.png
    1735 x 926 - 907K
    volcube and UE settings.png
    1495 x 751 - 693K
    VolShader DS pointlight.png
    1200 x 675 - 1M
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,008

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a 3DL shader for dforce\strand based hair, particularly one that uses the diffuse map from the parent figure to determine the colors of the corresponding strands.

edited December 2022

Ethin said:

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a 3DL shader for dforce\strand based hair, particularly one that uses the diffuse map from the parent figure to determine the colors of the corresponding strands.

Very good question! I recall it could be done (although with some limitations regarding texture size) in  the Garibaldi editor, but, correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't this depend on how the hair model is UV-mapped? And. to further add to the confusion, I heard the dForce SBH hairs use different mapping than the make-it-yourself SBH hairs? With a proper UV-mapping any shader that accepts diffuse maps would work!?

Also, I can export GB hair to mesh with the option of choosing UV-direction. Don't know if it's possible with SBH?

@Ethin, Do you have any specific products in mind?

• Sven Dullah said:

So here's how I set up a DS standard pointlight to work with the SM Voume shader, or rather how I set up the volume:

1 I established the lightlevels for the pointlight and the UbetEnvironment2 diffuse light. Without fog!!

...uploading...

2 I created a primitive cube to serve as the volume, and placed it so it intercepted the floor, walls and ceiling, but left the camera just outside. Instead of setting opacity color to a none black, while positioning, I created a geoshell and set opacity to 75%, much easier to hide in the scene tab by clicking the eye icon.See attachments:

...uploading......uploading...

3 Made a few testrenders in progressive mode to set up the volume, settings attached:

...uploading......uploading......uploading...

4 Final render in non progressive mode:

...uploading......uploading......uploading......uploading...

May the forum gods be with us...to be continued

I wish the pictures loaded...

pavsikakyj said:

Just tried, still no luck.. 

edited December 2022

pavsikakyj said:

Post updated now! 

• pavsikakyjpavsikakyj Posts: 139
    edited January 2023

Sven Dullah said:

pavsikakyj said:

Post updated now! 

I got managed! Thank you! Awesome gift for New Year! You have done amazing thing! Best wishes and Happy New Year!

prog.jpg
    608 x 591 - 31K
    Post edited by pavsikakyj on

pavsikakyj said:

Sven Dullah said:

pavsikakyj said:

Post updated now! 

I got managed! Thank you! Awesome gift for New Year! You have done amazing thing! Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Really happy to hear that:) Happy New Year to you too!  

edited January 2023

Ethin said:

Hm maybe give Oso3D a PM? He should know if what you ask is possible? And ( I forgot about it) I started a thread on the subject of SBH, but haven't had the time to fully look into ithat stuff yet.

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,008

Sven Dullah said:

Ethin said:

Hm maybe give Oso3D a PM? He should know if what you ask is possible? And ( I forgot about it) I started a thread on the subject of SBH, but haven't had the time to fully look into ithat stuff yet.

Ok, and thanks for the link.