edited February 2021

My only entry

Looking forward to our Golden Years

.. away from the Concrete Jungle

looking5reg.jpg
    900 x 600 - 473K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

mermaid - a lovely scene and certainly a nice place to be. I'm not sure about the sizes. The horse seems to be in the same distance from the viewer as the house but if so, the horse could almost look in the window of the first floor.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited February 2021

Hansmar, Yellow Pen, Horo, adbc, NGartplay and mermaid010 - thank you for the comments! I truly appreciate the suggestions on the overly bright foreground. I agree. I've lowered the illumination and re-rendered it , as shown here. But it may still be too bright. What do you all think?

Advanced-scout-2.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 542K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

mermaid010. Lovely scene. But, indeed, there appears to be a size issue. Also the couple on the bench looks big, compared to the house.

Dan. Better, I think. But the five bushes still look rather light to me. Are you sure there is not quite some ambience in the textures of these?

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Mermaid010, that is a glorious scene.  Hubby is retiring 2/28/2021 (28/2/2021 for my European friends) and I retired awhile ago.  We were looking forward to this too.  Pandemic messed it up.  Can't even get the vaccine because we can't make an appointment anywhere.  Sigh, wish I were there.

Dan, definitely much better.  Those plants look the most realistic next to the pine tree and I like the variation on some of them.  I also like the yellow toned plant in the scene.  I would have made a couple of the light plants just a tiny touch darker (the one all the way to the left and the one all the way to the right in the back) but they look good as they are.  You don't want them to blend into the scene.  Making those two darker keeps the viewer's eyes from traveling off of the page.  tiny tiny bit.

You don't need to rerender the entire scene.  You can just rerender the areas that you change.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

mermaid : a realistic landscape, well done. The size, yes... a known problem to me as well.

Dan : much better indeed.

Dan - the plants in the foreground look better, but the person and the telescope look darker, like if the sun went behind a cloud. But overall, it looks better.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955
    edited February 2021

Thanks Horo, Hansmar, NGartplay and Adbc for the comments, sizing ... always a problem for me. I still have time to re-render it.

Dan - the new version does look much better.

• Mermaid: what a lovely Scene, yes. But I agree with Horo about the size of the horse.

Dan: Yes, it looks better now, but - like Hansmar said - these Bushes are still very bright.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Dan Whiteside said:

Hansmar, Yellow Pen, Horo, adbc, NGartplay and mermaid010 - thank you for the comments! I truly appreciate the suggestions on the overly bright foreground. I agree. I've lowered the illumination and re-rendered it , as shown here. But it may still be too bright. What do you all think?

Set the foliage material to Ambience = 0 or minimum. 

Yellow Pen - thanks I'm working on a re-render

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Horo said:

Dan - the plants in the foreground look better, but the person and the telescope look darker, like if the sun went behind a cloud. But overall, it looks better.

I'm missing shadows,   there doesn't seem to be any.

edited February 2021

Re-render of my entry, hoping the sizes are correct now. blush

Looking forward to our Golden Years

.. away from the Concrete Jungle

lookingahead-8.jpg
    900 x 600 - 85K

mermaid - oh yes, the horse looks much better now.

• Mermaid: very well done smiley

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Mermaid010, as before, it is such a lovely scene.  Even better now.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

mermaid : Well done scene, the horse looks much better.

Mermaid010: much better!

• @ Hansmar: I also think the second version has the better light.

@ spuddy: Thank you.

@ Yellow Pen: Thank you.

@ S Ray: The Mocking Jay - Very good job and nice idea.

Strange Object - Great and very colorful idea.

@ Dan Whiteside: Thank you. A New Horizon - Very nice perspective and something I would definitely look forward to myself.

Advanced Scout - The scene is very successful and in the second version it is no longer too bright.

@ mermaid: The second version looks really nice. Good work.

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments and feedback

Does anyone need any more time?

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited February 2021

Hopefully, three times is the charm. I was being rather lazy by not changing the  32 bush textures (4 materials for each bush). Not at all sure why these objects were so much brighter. Especially since all the textures were all Bryce  procedural's. Thanks and appreciation for the suggestions.

This should be my official entry (Advance Scout).

Bryce Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/10dulcbue/

Voyager 4 Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/16xw3g6au/

Advance-Scout-3.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 521K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

Dan: much better!

Dan - yes much better

OK    so if no one else needs any more time  

Challenge is closed.