UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582
edited January 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

This discussion was created from comments split from: UltraScenery [Commercial].

** Things to try if UltraScenery is not working for you **

• Ensure you have the latest version of UltraScenery installed (currently that is version 1.3.3.1)
  • If using the Accelerator for UltraScenery ensure it also is the latest version (currently that is version 1.0.2.3)
  • Install UltraScenery via DIM instead of SmartContent
  • Ensure Instance Optimization in the render settings is set to "Memory" or maybe "Auto" but definitely not "Speed"
  • Use a viewport renderer other than "Nvida Iray"
  • Uninstall Octane Render (if convenient) - Octane Render has for some people caused freezes and/or extremely long processing times for UltraScenery
  • Getting a big stack of plants and props in the very center of the scene - that also can be caused by Octane Render and can be resolved by uninstalling Octane.
  • Ensure any required products are also installed for the addon you're using - find a list below if unsure.

List of Addons for UltraScenery

List of Addon Bundles for UltraScenery

Other Resources

Post edited by HowieFarkes on

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

I am new to this so can someone tell me where to find log file?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited January 2021

AnEye4Art said:

Yes I installed with DIM. I don't have octane. I am using the TAO and none works. How do I find the log file?

• You access the Daz Studio log file from the menu Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File, then scroll to the end for the most recent messages.
    • Do you own and have installed the required product?

Screenshot 2021-01-19 184159.jpg
    1057 x 783 - 189K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

to Barbult:  in regards to wether USC renders Harpwoods trees ...yes it does, but not TAO trees at all.

Here is a list of the Ultrascenery products that I own.

Capture 1.JPG
    496 x 662 - 50K

Here is the log file.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M

AnEye4Art said:

Please look at the product page image I posted above.  UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard REQUIRES Tangy Apple Orchard) These are two separate products. This is aslo explained in the first post in this thread. Do you own the product Tangy Apple Orchard as well as UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard? Are both installed?

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

Please look at the product page image I posted above.  UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard REQUIRES Tangy Apple Orchard) These are two separate products. This is aslo explained in the first post in this thread. Do you own the product Tangy Apple Orchard as well as UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard? Are both installed?

Yes. 

AnEye4Art said:

Here is the log file.

Your log file shows that you installed UltraScenery with Daz Connect (Smart Content inside Daz Studio). The log says:

C:/Users/creat/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67835/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse

The first post in this thread tells you NOT to install UltraScenery with Smart Content (Daz Connect).  You should uninstall it from inside Daz Studio and install it with DIM.  If you installed it with BOTH Daz Connect  and DIM, Daz Studio will always use the Daz Connect version.

I will uninstall them and try again. Thanks.

daveso said:

to Barbult:  in regards to wether USC renders Harpwoods trees ...yes it does, but not TAO trees at all.

@daveso,

1. Do you have the required Tangy Apple Orchard product installed?
    2. Can you see the proxy trees in the viewport when the UltraScenery build finishes? 
    3. Does everything else in the TAO scene render, but not the trees?
    4. Can you load and render the scene from the Tangy Apple Orchard product itself, not the UltraScenery product? Do the trees render in that scene? Show me what that looks like.

AnEye4Art said:

@AnEye4Art  Can you load and render the scene from the Tangy Apple Orchard product itself, not the Ultrascenery product? Do the trees render in that scene? Show me what that looks like.

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

@AnEye4Art  Can you load and render the scene from the Tangy Apple Orchard product itself, not the Ultrascenery product? Do the trees render in that scene? Show me what that looks like.

Thanks to you, Barbult, it now works: I uninstalled all of ultrascenery and reinstalled with DIM. I tested several of the TAO and the trees populated the terrain. I will post some test renders in the morning. 

AnEye4Art said:

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

Thanks to you, Barbult, it now works: I uninstalled all of ultrascenery and reinstalled with DIM. I tested several of the TAO and the trees populated the terrain. I will post some test renders in the morning. 

Wonderful! yes We stuck with it and we got it solved. Thanks for your willingness to keep trying. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

barbult said:

daveso said:

@daveso,

2. Can you see the proxy trees in the viewport when the UltraScenery build finishes? 
    4. Can you load and render the scene from the Tangy Apple Orchard product itself, not the UltraScenery product? Do the trees render in that scene? Show me what that looks like.
    1. Do you have the required Tangy Apple Orchard product installed?  YES

2. Can you see the proxy trees in the viewport when the UltraScenery build finishes?   NO
      3. Does everything else in the TAO scene render, but not the trees?  yes ..BUT ..there are no trees listed in the build list. only 4 field items in TAO 5 ..all of them. I have script 1.3.1 
      4. Can you load and render the scene from the Tangy Apple Orchard product itself, not the UltraScenery product? Do the trees render in that scene? Show me what that looks like. YES

tangy1a.png
    1800 x 1440 - 5M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Congrats to HowieFarkes for the creation of such an amazing piece of software and to anybody else who is using his products.

edited January 2021

Dirt track 1 with hedgerow PLUS TAO 5-10 populates in this strange way - almost like the trees are being pushed away from the terrain.

TAO-.jpg
    1591 x 1193 - 2M
    TAO.jpg
    1591 x 1193 - 2M
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on

daveso said:

barbult said:

daveso said:

@daveso,

1. Do you have the required Tangy Apple Orchard product installed?  YES

2. Can you see the proxy trees in the viewport when the UltraScenery build finishes?   NO
      3. Does everything else in the TAO scene render, but not the trees?  yes ..BUT ..there are no trees listed in the build list. only 4 field items in TAO 5 ..all of them. I have script 1.3.1 
      4. Can you load and render the scene from the Tangy Apple Orchard product itself, not the UltraScenery product? Do the trees render in that scene? Show me what that looks like. YES

@daveso, this is a mystery. Here are some ideas.

1. Is any of the UltraScenery or Tangy Apple Orchard content installed with Daz Connect?
    2. Which feature and which TAO ecology are you using?
    3. Have you tried building a scene with _No Features Tangy Apple Orchard 01, and default terrain settings, to eliminate the possibility that your selected terrain or feature are causing a problem? Some ecologies will not put trees on real steep hillsides or in water, etc.
    4.  Double check the Build tab to be sure the tree layers have the eyeball turned on.
    5. Try building without restricting the instances to a camera (choose none in the drop down).
    6. After building the TAO UltraScene, do the tree layers show up in the Scene pane? If so, how many instances does it say were created ( in square brackets after the tree layer name, like Beech Layer or Chestnuts Layer)?
    7. Can you attach a scene file? I can see if I can render any trees with your scene.
    edited January 2021

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

Wonderful! yes We stuck with it and we got it solved. Thanks for your willingness to keep trying. 

No. Thank you, Barbult for being very patient and professional with me. I am very pleased with the *results now. You are a hero, Barbult.

*Side note: In the third pic from the left, the extend forest trees were rendered 'restrict instances to camera' in case you're wondering.

TAO3.jpg
    1591 x 1193 - 2M
    TAO2.jpg
    3200 x 1200 - 4M
    TAO1.jpg
    3200 x 1200 - 3M
    TAO4.jpg
    1591 x 1193 - 2M
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on

AnEye4Art said:

Dirt track 1 with hedgerow PLUS TAO 5-10 populates in this strange way - almost like the trees are being pushed away from the terrain.

I think it is working exactly the way it should be working. The renders do not show any errors that I can see.

• The hedgerow features will only put trees next to the dirt track on the terrain area. Look at the preview thumbnail of the hedgerow features. See how it shows trees only next to the dirt track?
    • The trees outside the terrain are the extended forest. Evidently you checked the Extend forest check box on the Build tab. 
    edited January 2021

AnEye4Art said:

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

No. Thank you, Barbult for being very patient and professional with me. I am very pleased with the *results now. You are a hero, Barbult.

*Side note: In the third pic from the left, the extend forest trees were rendered 'restrict instances to camera' in case you're wondering.

I'm glad you were not offended by my typing in bold and red. I was just trying to be sure you were paying attention to the critical parts. Sometimes those can get lost in a wall of words if they aren't strongly emphasized to draw your eye. 

Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

I think it is working exactly the way it should be working. The renders do not show any errors that I can see.

• The hedgerow features will only put trees next to the dirt track on the terrain area. Look at the preview thumbnail of the hedgerow features. See how it shows trees only next to the dirt track?
    • The trees outside the terrain are the extended forest. Evidently you checked the Extend forest check box on the Build tab. 

Awesone. So we can agree that this is a closed case. Who's next in line for Barbult's professional services? 

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Didn't realize the original thread got closed.

Anyway, it finally dawned on me that in the first panel in USC, it's NOT an either/or thing. Hey, I'm slow & been a bit distracted of late.  So, started experimenting with maps & subtle procedural mix.  Going "sparce" sometimes opens up possibilities.

End of Dat Outlanding.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Cycling Recycling.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

Doc Acme said:

Didn't realize the original thread got closed.

Anyway, it finally dawned on me that in the first panel in USC, it's NOT an either/or thing. Hey, I'm slow & been a bit distracted of late.  So, started experimenting with maps & subtle procedural mix.  Going "sparce" sometimes opens up possibilities.

We filled up the original thread with 100 pages! Both of your images are nice. You can "go sparse" with layer masks in the Build pane, too. 

edited January 2021

Another try with the custom height map in UltraScenery.

Cyborg Gen 8 - https://www.daz3d.com/cyborg-generation-8 - used for the scale comparison.

Pyramid01sc01pic15.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 788K
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

Cyborg Gen 8 - https://www.daz3d.com/cyborg-generation-8 - used for the scale comparison.

It makes me think of an egyptian step pyramid. 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,038

barbult said:

Artini said:

I thought Aztec or Mayan.

Fishtales said:

barbult said:

Artini said:

I thought Aztec or Mayan.

Oh, yes! That is a much better analogy. I've been to Egypt and visited the Step Pyramid, so I guess my mind only went to what I'd seen personally, even though it isn't a close resemblance.

edited January 2021

Thanks a lot.

Below is another creation with the custom height map in UltraScenery.

Maze001.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 747K
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

Thanks a lot.

Below is another creation with the custom height map in UltraScenery.

Oh, its aMAZEing! wink You are doing fun things with custom height maps. Keep them coming. I'm enjoying watching your creativity.

@Artini, do you want to know an interesting coincidence? While you have been posting these new custom terrain images, I have been using old one you posted in the forum a long long time ago. I wanted a terrain with a deep valley with steep sides, and it worked out just right.

This discussion has been closed.