UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Artini said:

Thank you very much for your hard work. It makes this item even more interesting for me.

Are there any dependencies on the other products required?

There are two sets used in that render: UltraScenery: Swamp (the ecology), and UltraScenery: Features Pack 3 (the terrain & boardwalks). Neither set is dependent on anything other than the UltraScenery base.

• barbult said:

I made a simple scene with Crossing 1 and Oaks 5. Then I used Alienator Pro to substitute other plants for the trees, daisies and some of the grass. Alienator Pro is even better than Alienator for this task, because it displays the dimensions of the original props and the substitute candidate props, so you can pick substitutes of about the same size as the original. I usually substitute wild colorful alien plants, but this time I went for something more tame.

Beautiful landscapes barbult! It's really impressive how much one can change a given UltraScenery scene using the Alienator. 

• Found a new UltraScenery in DIM just a few minutes ago. No mention of any changes, though.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Found a new UltraScenery in DIM just a few minutes ago. No mention of any changes, though.

That's strange. It's not in the Product Updates section either. It is in the Products section. 

• It might have been a server glitch, as there was an update for Tango's product as well.

DoctorJellybean said:

It might have been a server glitch, as there was an update for Tango's product as well.

My DIM doesn't have updates for Tangy Apple Orchard or  UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard yet.

edited February 2021

I made another UltraScenery/Alienator Pro pair. This is Crossing 1 and Oaks 1. I swapped trees, some grass, and reeds with Alienator Pro.

USC Crossing 1 Oaks 1_001_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    USC Crossing 1 Oaks 1_001 Alienator Various clover and trees and reeds_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

I made another UltraScenery/Alienator Pro pair. This is Crossing 1 and Oaks 1. I swapped trees, some grass, and reeds with Alienator Pro.

Wow. I'm impressed. I experimented with  Alienator Pro and US, but wasn't happy with my results. I had planned to come back to it...  eventually. But you've inspired me to give it another try

My big failing was that I didn't plan out what I was doing. I just started slapping replacements in to see if it would work. You's shown me that I need to approach it with more intelligence, less random access, and some pre-planning.

Jason Galterio said:

barbult said:

Wow. I'm impressed. I experimented with  Alienator Pro and US, but wasn't happy with my results. I had planned to come back to it...  eventually. But you've inspired me to give it another try

My big failing was that I didn't plan out what I was doing. I just started slapping replacements in to see if it would work. You's shown me that I need to approach it with more intelligence, less random access, and some pre-planning.

They don't all work out. I've found that the most important thing to pay attention to is corresponding prop size. 

• barbult said:

Jason Galterio said:

barbult said:

They don't all work out. I've found that the most important thing to pay attention to is corresponding prop size. 

I have so many models, most of which I only install temporaily, that I severly handicapped myself before I even started experimenting. Then the Alienator Pro interface needs a modicum of preplanning for what models you want to switch to...  and I didn't even do the basic planning.

So I wasn't surprised that my results turned out like rubbish.

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Found a new UltraScenery in DIM just a few minutes ago. No mention of any changes, though.

I have the same, only my DIM is showing US as a new product to be installed. Except that I already have it installed, which is fairly odd. I checked my DIM and US is showing up as already installed... So I am not sure why DIM would be listing it as an undownloaded product.

I've downloaded it, but I am going to refrain from installing until I hear what the situation is.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

TangoAlpha said:

Artini said:

Thank you very much for your hard work. It makes this item even more interesting for me.

Are there any dependencies on the other products required?

There are two sets used in that render: UltraScenery: Swamp (the ecology), and UltraScenery: Features Pack 3 (the terrain & boardwalks). Neither set is dependent on anything other than the UltraScenery base.

Thanks a lot for the explanation. Then, I just wait for the release. All the best for you.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Jason Galterio said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I have the same, only my DIM is showing US as a new product to be installed. Except that I already have it installed, which is fairly odd. I checked my DIM and US is showing up as already installed... So I am not sure why DIM would be listing it as an undownloaded product.

I've downloaded it, but I am going to refrain from installing until I hear what the situation is.

I suspect it's simply the update that TAO has been waiting on forever. Got the update this morning too but haven't had time yet to test.

• Installed and tested - all is fine.

AnEye4Art said:

Installed and tested - all is fine.

Have you noticed any changes at all?

It could be some invisible bug fixes, though.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited February 2021

Artini said:

AnEye4Art said:

I rendered several samples from TAO and I have not noticed any changes. I agree that it could be invisible bug fixes.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited February 2021

My contribbution for today:

Arrival at the Graven Downs

It's the cover for a fantasy RPG module that I am in the midst of writing. I will probably swap out the generic fantasy billboard figures for ones suiting the module, but that will be later.

Larger inage can be found here. Original was rendered at 3840x2160 and downsampled. Various post work was done.

Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

AnEye4Art said:

Artini said:

AnEye4Art said:

I rendered several samples from TAO and I have not noticed any changes. I agree that it could be invisible bug fixes.

Changes to the TAO Ecology:
    - fixed beech tree opacity mask issues
    - fixed Accelerator compatibility issue (also resolved by accelerator update)
    - fixed issue with beech sapling leaf mats
    - Ecologies 11 and 12 now support BG trees
    - minor UI changes to thumbnails & previews
    - fixed some other non-visible issues

Changes to TAO main set:
    - fixed "grey leaf" issue (opacity mask was not 100% white)

TangoAlpha said:

AnEye4Art said:

Artini said:

AnEye4Art said:

Changes to the TAO Ecology:
    - fixed beech tree opacity mask issues
    - fixed Accelerator compatibility issue (also resolved by accelerator update)
    - fixed issue with beech sapling leaf mats
    - Ecologies 11 and 12 now support BG trees
    - minor UI changes to thumbnails & previews
    - fixed some other non-visible issues

Changes to TAO main set:
    - fixed "grey leaf" issue (opacity mask was not 100% white)

Thanks a lot, for the explanation.

I installed the UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System product that showed up as a new product in DIM. Now my DIM installed tab shows two entries for this product. I have one with Package ID:1 and one with Package ID: 2. 2 is the newer one. They are not the same size. The newer one is missing some files that are in the older one. The following files are not in the new package:

/data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 01 Proxy/USC_Tree_01_Proxy.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 01 Proxy/UV Sets/HowieFarkes/Base/default.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 01/USC_Tree_01.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 01/UV Sets/HowieFarkes/Base/default.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 02 Proxy/USC_Tree_02_Proxy.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 02 Proxy/UV Sets/HowieFarkes/Base/default.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 02/USC_Tree_02.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 02/UV Sets/HowieFarkes/Base/default.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 03 Proxy/USC_Tree_03_Proxy.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 03 Proxy/UV Sets/HowieFarkes/Base/default.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 03/USC_Tree_03.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 03/UV Sets/HowieFarkes/Base/default.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 04/USC_Tree_04.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 04/UV Sets/HowieFarkes/Base/default.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 05/USC_Tree_05.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 05/UV Sets/HowieFarkes/Base/default.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 06/USC_Tree_06.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 06/UV Sets/HowieFarkes/Base/default.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 07/USC_Tree_07.dsf 
    /data/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/USC Tree 07/UV Sets/HowieFarkes/Base/default.dsf 

I don't know if these files were intentionally removed or whether this is a Daz screw up. You can guess where my vote lies. winkThere should not be two of the same product in the Installed tab, I believe.

I also believe none of this has anything to do with the TAO updates, which are separate products. They have not appeared in DIM for me yet.

• What you are describing is what I saw too. One US for downloading as a new item, while I had US already instealled. In other words, not listed as an update.

I also didn't see any updates for the associated US add ons.

I was already leery of the duplicate items, so I didn't install the latest US.

Jason Galterio said:

What you are describing is what I saw too. One US for downloading as a new item, while I had US already instealled. In other words, not listed as an update.

I think that was smart. I have submitted a help request about this mess.  

• barbult said:

Jason Galterio said:

What you are describing is what I saw too. One US for downloading as a new item, while I had US already instealled. In other words, not listed as an update.

It's sad, but DAZ's quality control has led me to be cautious about anything that seems out of the ordinary.

The only advice I have is; try uninstalling both US and all add ons. Then reinstall them. I've had to do that a few times after some of the add ons.

Jason Galterio said:

barbult said:

Jason Galterio said:

It's sad, but DAZ's quality control has led me to be cautious about anything that seems out of the ordinary.

The only advice I have is; try uninstalling both US and all add ons. Then reinstall them. I've had to do that a few times after some of the add ons.

UltraScenery is still working as expected, as far as I can tell. I don't think any files were removed. But if a person installed for the first time with the new package, I'm not sure if it would work.

• Ah, got it.

I've experienced occasional issues in the past when installing new US plug ins. It's rare, but occasionally the new plug in won't register or old plug ins will cease to appear. A simple uninstall of US and the plug ins, then a clean re-install will fix it. I just chock it up to the scripts don't integrating properly.

edited February 2021

Here is my latest Alienator Pro experiment. I started with Crossing 1 and Woodland 3. I substituted a variety of trees from different sets, some grass, stones, and leaves, I used one of the clover props from this week's PC+ freebie.

Original:

Alienator Pro:

USC Crossing 1 Woodland 3 only Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    USC Crossing 1 Woodland 3 only Default Camera Alienator Trees Grass Leaves Stones.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

barbult said:

Here is my latest Alienator Pro experiment. I started with Crossing 1 and Woodland 3. I substituted a variety of trees from different sets, some grass, stones, and leaves, I used one of the clover props from this week's PC+ freebie.

Alienator Pro:

This looks great, barbult!

dawnblade said:

barbult said:

Alienator Pro:

This looks great, barbult!

Thanks. I used to make some of my own ecologies, but I haven't needed to do that since I got Alienator Pro. 

• I have, til now, just the https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--realistic-landscape-system!

After a new install, the trees are not longer loadingQ Studio wants to install missing datas, but that doesn't brings back the trees! De-installed and re-installed the item several times now and gave up on it!....for now!

I got the DIM Update to Tangy Apple Orchard now, but no update to UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard.

This discussion has been closed.