UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• shadem980shadem980 Posts: 48

Enjoyed making this one with a slightly dried up shoreline.

Low watersm.jpg
    2605 x 1610 - 2M
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

tsroemi said:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but is there a winter version planned any time soon? I would so love UltraScenery covered in snow and maybe with some ice on the lakes!

I can't speak for ice on water, but have used https://www.daz3d.com/da-let-it-snow with US and been happy with it's success. 

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318

shadem980 said:

Wow, this is VERY nicely done! Great job. I spend a lot of time kayaking and stomping around forests with rivers and this totally matches what I see quite often.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Tango Alpha's swamp ecology set has just hit the store.  I'm about to upgrade my general purpose PC so I've bought it  but not downloaded it yet. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,409

gitika1 said:

tsroemi said:

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but is there a winter version planned any time soon? I would so love UltraScenery covered in snow and maybe with some ice on the lakes!

I can't speak for ice on water, but have used https://www.daz3d.com/da-let-it-snow with US and been happy with it's success. 

Thanks, I shall try that!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,904
    edited March 2021

My first use of https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--swamp

Pretty heavy on my computer.

Wetland 1, Swamp 06.

Does anybody knows what it is, that I have marked with the red arrows.

I do not like the look of this and would like to get rid of them all.

Swamp0601pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • I guess those would be the tree knees

edited March 2021

Yes, you are right, Richard. I like the scene much more without them.

Another example render with Swamp 01

Swamp0101pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,925
    edited March 2021

aerial  roots

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 822

shadem980 said:

Wow, that's just so beautiful! I'd like to be there right now enjoying the peace and quiet.

The swamp set looks great Tango. Grabbing it in a few minutes. This has to be my favorite thread in all these forums. I'm glad I've kept up with it. The imagery and things you folks do with US is amazing. 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,798

Pelican

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Jason Galterio said:

Thanks! No idea, honestly. I wasn't sure if any of the models I had would be female. I didn't want to just have a male with no antlers...

Maybe this is just before the mayhem started?

Yeah...  that one in the back looks like he's thinking "Hey - he's drinking out my brook."  wink

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

gitika1 said:

tsroemi said:

I just love it when somebody recommends a product and I find out I already have it!!

edited March 2021

Because Accelerator rebuilds the scenes pretty fast, one can easily spot, what is the difference between ecologies.

Swamp 02

Swamp 01

Swamp0201pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 74
    edited March 2021

This is my first UltraScenery render. It is just a simple scene, but I really like how it turned out.

Misty Forest

“The forest has fallen silent and still. Shy, tiny creatures hide among the foliage. The slender trunks drown in the blue mist. Flowers, like so many stars scattered among the grass, bask in the spots of sunlight. Only the whispered song of the bubbly creek can be heard. Its serene song full of greens and blues and yellows. Its hushed words telling of the many lands it has seen, of tall mountains and vast forests, of the people and the creatures it has met.”

LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE

MistyForest_byBlueFox.jpg
    2667 x 1500 - 6M
    Post edited by BlueFox on
    edited March 2021

One more to comparison - Swamp 03

Swamp0301pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on

BlueFox said:

This is my first UltraScenery render. It is just a simple scene, but I really like how it turned out.

Misty Forest

“The forest has fallen silent and still. Shy, tiny creatures hide among the foliage. The slender trunks drown in the blue mist. Flowers, like so many stars scattered among the grass, bask in the spots of sunlight. Only the whispered song of the bubbly creek can be heard. Its serene song full of greens and blues and yellows. Its hushed words telling of the many lands it has seen, of tall mountains and vast forests, of the people and the creatures it has met.”

The lighting on this is excellent. A quite stunning image.

Cheers,

Alex. 

I've just fed the latest figures into my tame copy of Excel. Here's the maximum number of combinations of landscape, ecology and water shader.  Bear in mind this is straight out of the box, before you start mucking around with the Alienator script or go full Barbult and engage in mortal combat with the JSON files. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Ecologies    85
    Water Textures    15

Water Features   22
    Land Only Features   12
    Total Features   34

Water Combinations   28050
    Land Only Combinations    1020
    Total Combinations    29070
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

BlueFox said:

Misty Forest

Wow! Very nice. Like what you did with the lighting, it really suits the image.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226
    edited March 2021

Artini said:

Wetland 1, Swamp 06.

The swamp really brings a lot of new variety to UltraScenery - new trees, hanging moss, cypress knees, duckweed, etc.!

Those cypress knees are an natural swamp element. I attached a photo I took last year. One of the nice things about UltraScenery is that you can turn off any layer you don't want, or use a layer mask to restrict the density or placement of the instances in the layer. So if you don't want cypress knees, you can just turn them off (as I see you have done in later renders). They are all looking nice - with and without knees.

Edit: First the photo didn't show up at all, now it is attached twice. This forum software is frustrating.

2020-08-30 P8309162 cypress kees.jpg
    2620 x 1965 - 3M
    2020-08-30 P8309162 cypress kees.jpg
    2620 x 1965 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,779
    edited March 2021

@BlueFox that is a lovely render. 

I immediately popped the swamp into my cart this morning and never having been in a swamp tried a render of one with AM Wild Boar and used Lake 3, Swamp 6, Water Swamp.

Lake 3 Swamp 6 Water Swamp AM WildBoar II.png
    2500 x 1545 - 7M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
    edited March 2021

barbult said:

Artini said:

Wetland 1, Swamp 06.

The swamp really brings a lot of new variety to UltraScenery - new trees, hanging moss, cypress knees, duckweed, etc.!

Those cypress knees are an natural swamp element. I attached a photo I took last year. One of the nice things about UltraScenery is that you can turn off any layer you don't want, or use a layer mask to restrict the density or placement of the instances in the layer. So if you don't want cypress knees, you can just turn them off (as I see you have done in later renders). They are all looking nice - with and without knees.

Edit: First the photo didn't show up at all, now it is attached twice. This forum software is frustrating.

Thanks for posting. I have never seen swamp, like on your photos.

Post edited by Artini on

alexhcowley said:

The lighting on this is excellent. A quite stunning image.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Thank you Alex! I'm so glad you like the lighting. I was really happy with the way it turned out. :)

Jason Galterio said:

Wow! Very nice. Like what you did with the lighting, it really suits the image.

Thank you Jason! Looking through this thread is inspiring. I was happy to finally be able to join the fun and render something myself. :)

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703

What is a swamp without bones?

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Saw some of the first postings & picked the product up this morning, but had some oddities after install.

First, the entire product ended up in Lost & Found (installed via the DIM). Second, both USC and Ultra Scatter Pro were no longer in the Scripts Tab.  When I added them via the make custom action, it did but said they were already in the list.

All resolved except the question of "Why"?

Only suggestion for the product at first blush is for the Duckweed.  Be nice to have a degrees of coverage option.

memcneil70 said:

@BlueFox that is a lovely render. 

I immediately popped the swamp into my cart this morning and never having been in a swamp tried a render of one with AM Wild Boar and used Lake 3, Swamp 6, Water Swamp.

@memcneil70 Thank you! I like your image. It has a nice atmosphere. That sky is perfect for this wintry scene, I like that it adds a bit of warmth and happiness to an otherwise rather melancholy landscape. It seems too me that there are some kind of insects flying around, or maybe they are leaves? I am intrigued. ;)

Doc Acme said:

Saw some of the first postings & picked the product up this morning, but had some oddities after install.

First, the entire product ended up in Lost & Found (installed via the DIM). Second, both USC and Ultra Scatter Pro were no longer in the Scripts Tab.  When I added them via the make custom action, it did but said they were already in the list.

All resolved except the question of "Why"?

Only suggestion for the product at first blush is for the Duckweed.  Be nice to have a degrees of coverage option.

Degree of coverage is easily controlled with a layer mask on the duckweed layer in the Build tab. Alternatively, locate the Duckweed layer in the Scene pane after build and turn off the visibilitye to one of more of the Duckweed props in that layer, so the instances for the invisible props will not be rendered. 

The swamp ecology looks reall nice. I have never seen this kind of swamp in real life. It looks really interesting and different. I really like the cypress and tupelo trees and the tree knees. They add so much interest and variety. 

@Artini I liked your renders. All versions of them. 

barbult said:

@barbult Thank you for posting that photo! It's really nice to be able to see a real life version of the new ecology. I really like the cypress knees. They are such an interesting feature.

Here's photo I took last weekend showing that duckweed can easily cover every nook and cranny, including the alligators. laugh

2021-03-13 P3133638 Gators and Duckweed.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

barbult said:

Here's photo I took last weekend showing that duckweed can easily cover every nook and cranny, including the alligators. laugh

I imagine that makes good sunscreen...  and is a great reference for a picture I am working on.

Alligators plus a swamp may be a bit cliche, but I don't get to use the model that often. :)

This discussion has been closed.