UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

barbult said:

dawnblade said:

barbult said:

River 1 Oaks 8 Cassini System Sky 05 (very large file)

I added some water plants on the river surface.

This is great, and I really like the Cassini sky in it. I'm going to try his Vega product and see how it comes out.

Also, your previous post's image didn't come through, possibly b/c it is .png. Looking forward to seeing it!

The uploaded file went missing somehow. Can you see it now?  (It's nothing too exciting. Just shows that TAO is basically working.)

Yes, thanks! It looks great!

River 7, TAO 5, Vanilla Sky

USCRiver7TAO5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited March 2021

dawnblade said:

barbult said:

dawnblade said:

Has anyone installed and tried out the "Ultrascenery - Tangy Apple Orchard" update in DIM?

I installed it. I haven't seen any problems. TangoAlpha posted a list of changes earlier in this thread. 

Thanks barbult! 

So what was the other two Tangy Apple Orchard updates before this last one was for? The update you mentioned, I was told, was for a previous update that messed things up by installing duplicate files or something like that. Very confusing.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on

Is anyone getting semi-opaque leaves with TAO? I've noticed the issue before and the updates have not helped at all. TAO 01 and TAO 02 both have this issue.

TAO Render.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 409K

Though not great for close-up shots due to the leaves karate chopping into the apples, the leaves on these trees are 100% opaque.

TAO Render.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
    edited March 2021

Is there a reason why the grass and details just stops and not cover the entire terrain?

TAO Render.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
  • Probably restricted to a camera you had selected when you started the generation (can be done accidentally) or you ticked the restrict generation tickbox.

The other alternative is the farm in the background went bust & no-one is there to keep the land tidy.

Regards,

Richard

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162

AnEye4Art said:

Is anyone getting semi-opaque leaves with TAO? I've noticed the issue before and the updates have not helped at all. TAO 01 and TAO 02 both have this issue.

No, I don't see a problem after updating both TAO products. Make sure you have updated the Tangy Apple Orchard product (DIM package February 22), not just the UltraScenery - Tanga Apple Orchard (DIM package March 5). If you are still having problems, attach a scene file to this forum thread and I'll take a look at it. It could be something with your light angle or something that I don't see in my scenes.

USC TAO 1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    USC TAO 2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,235

barbult said:

Here is another Cassini HDRI image - River 1 TAO 2 Cassini System Sky 02. (It is a very large image.)

Have they fix the Aspens? 

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    edited March 2021

What I'm currently working on - a Pacific north west themed bundle much like my Australia bundle.

preview.png
    1000 x 1300 - 3M
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited March 2021

Here is another render with the semi-opaque leaves, Barbult. I also attached the Log file. Also, I had an UltraScenery update in DIM just now that I installed and now accelerator is no longer there when building a scene. Things are not getting better.

TAO Render.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

HowieFarkes said:

What I'm currently working on - a Pacific north west themed bundle much like my Australia bundle.

Awesome!  Looking forward to it. smiley

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

HowieFarkes said:

Excellent news to hear. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,180

HowieFarkes said:

Looks like my backyard.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

HowieFarkes said:

Be sure to include the slugs! 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Can anyone tell me what the current version of UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System is?

I had an update 3 days ago, package date 22 Feb 2021 and I just now had one installed by DIM with a package date back to 15 July 2020, both show installed in DIM and my version shows a number of 1.2.0 with the date of July 2020.

Did something get reset?

Mary

memcneil70 said:

Can anyone tell me what the current version of UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System is?

I had an update 3 days ago, package date 22 Feb 2021 and I just now had one installed by DIM with a package date back to 15 July 2020, both show installed in DIM and my version shows a number of 1.2.0 with the date of July 2020.

Did something get reset?

Mary

Current version is 1.3.1 - not sure what is going on with your DIM but the latest update to UltraScenery was in January 2021.

Thanks Howie, I will uninstall and reinstall. Weird, just weird.

Well I had to manually download the zip file and drop it into DIM, that version was dated 8 Mar 2021 which turned out to be empty, the DIM download copy is dated 15 Jul 2020. So now I have all the files except the most recent of the base program! Unless I install the July 2020 one again.

edited March 2021

It looks great. Will it have any "Hall of Mosses" type scenery?
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Well, crap!

Saw an update to USC earlier this evening in DIM, except it wasn't.  Package date is 7-14-20 & I know there was a Feb-21 version earlier.  Thing is, this is the only one DIM sees and d/ling manually gives the same thing.

If you install that one it's v1.2 ends up in the Lost & Found.  Nor does the Accelerator work of course but is installed.

How do I resolve this?

edited March 2021

AnEye4Art said:

dawnblade said:

barbult said:

dawnblade said:

Has anyone installed and tried out the "Ultrascenery - Tangy Apple Orchard" update in DIM?

I installed it. I haven't seen any problems. TangoAlpha posted a list of changes earlier in this thread. 

Thanks barbult! 

So what was the other two Tangy Apple Orchard updates before this last one was for? The update you mentioned, I was told, was for a previous update that messed things up by installing duplicate files or something like that. Very confusing.

Sorry, took a while to find them. See TangoAlpha's post here

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Doc Acme said:

Well, crap!

Saw an update to USC earlier this evening in DIM, except it wasn't.  Package date is 7-14-20 & I know there was a Feb-21 version earlier.  Thing is, this is the only one DIM sees and d/ling manually gives the same thing.

If you install that one it's v1.2 ends up in the Lost & Found.  Nor does the Accelerator work of course but is installed.

How do I resolve this?

I suppose the only way is waiting for DAZ to fix it. But I suggest opening a support ticket. UC is not the only victim. I use Content Wizard for non DAZ stuff, and that one also got an "update".  

edited March 2021

Daz has gone from bad to worse with the UltraScenery "updates" in DIM. The Package ID 2 version a few days ago was missing some files (Aspen trees). The "new" Package ID 1 version today is really an old pre-Accelertor version as far as I can tell. I recommend that you DON'T install it. I'm really worried  that they could mess this up so badly.

I still haven't even received any response to the help request I sent in about the first bad version. 

I have now restored my UltraScenery DIM download file from backup for the second time.

edited March 2021

AnEye4Art said:

Here is another render with the semi-opaque leaves, Barbult. I also attached the Log file. Also, I had an UltraScenery update in DIM just now that I installed and now accelerator is no longer there when building a scene. Things are not getting better.

No, things are not getting better. Daz has replaced the UltraScenery DIM file with an old version from before the accelerator was even invented.

Your log file show that you have Tangy Apple Orchard installed with Daz Connect:
    "C:\Users\creat\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_35529\runtime\textures\tangoalpha\tao\tao_horsechestnut1_alpha.jpg"

You may also have it installed with DIM, but when you have it installed with both methods, Daz Studio always uses the Daz Connect version. You need to uninstall it from Daz Connect and reinstall it again with DIM. I have explicit instructions here.

• HowieFarkes said:

That is simply gorgeous. Breath-taking. My wallet is objecting already. 

Regards,

Richard

barbult said:

Daz has gone from bad to worse with the UltraScenery "updates" in DIM. The Package ID 2 version a few days ago was missing some files (Aspen trees). The "new" Package ID 1 version today is really an old pre-Accelertor version as far as I can tell. I recommend that you DON'T install it. I'm really worried  that they could mess this up so badly.

I still haven't even received any response to the help request I sent in about the first bad version. 

I have now restored my UltraScenery DIM download file from backup for the second time.

Yeah, not sure what is going here. I have submitted a ticket so hopefully something will get fixed. The manual download gives me version 1.2 as well - which is not a good thing.
  • kervalakervala Posts: 184

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

No, things are not getting better. Daz has replaced the UltraScenery DIM file with an old version from before the accelerator was even invented.

Your log file show that you have Tangy Apple Orchard installed with Daz Connect:
    "C:\Users\creat\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_35529\runtime\textures\tangoalpha\tao\tao_horsechestnut1_alpha.jpg"

You may also have it installed with DIM, but when you have it installed with both methods, Daz Studio always uses the Daz Connect version. You need to uninstall it from Daz Connect and reinstall it again with DIM. I have explicit instructions here.

Thanks a lot for the warning :)

I just got an UltraScenery update today in DIM, I downloaded it and before to install I checked this thread :p I then compared my backuped version and the new one. It's version 1.2.0 (we can see it in the PDF manual), so an old version oO

Wasteland: All is for Naught

USCWasteLandTD3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited March 2021

barbult said:

AnEye4Art said:

Thanks. I will undo this snafu when I get home from work. Luckily I tinker with Daz only as way to kill time and not as a full-time job. However, the money spend here is real and so is the frustration.

This discussion has been closed.