UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074
    edited October 2022

ok... I just got the meshmaker and had time to play a little... I set this scene up a week or so ago... it's not perfect... I can't seem to render it now :(  It stays stuck at 1minute... let it sit for over an hour and it didn't budge... soooo... i'm stuck with this grainy one I rendered last week.  I'm sure meshmaker is on overload in this scene even though it's pretty simple... I put it on the land and the leaves (note the square leaves... didn't have time to add the transparancy leaf shape back)... I'll have to play some more with a new scene.. in the mean time... I think it's a pretty neat winter scene.  ENJOY!

ULTRASCENERY wSNOW and POND SIGNED framed.jpg
    1250 x 725 - 321K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

Martinjfrost said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

Martinjfrost said:

Just thought id leave this here as a bit of a teaser.....

Ultrascenery - Britain - coming soon.

Also got a chance to use my https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery-stones-and-pebbles-materials- and https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery-road-works to do a bit of resurfacing to the paths and pebbles to see how they blend in with this new set of British and Northern European wild flowers, trees and shrubs. The set has some lovely versions of wild flowers in an ultrascenery friendly form (Bluebells,wild garlic and foxgloves and many more -lower res than the ones in my store) and some new trees and shrubs (Oak, Birch and Hazel) as well as the ability to change their shading. The aim was to create a set which will work both for realistic settings for this part of the wolrd and as a basis for more fantastical fairytale and fantasy scenes too.  Howie has come up with some truly stunning ecosystesms. Soon to be unleashed upon you all (fingers crossed)

Click on the image to go to a much larger version

This is lovely... I'm just beginning to learn all I can do with US and USX... I'm still hoping for a WINTER ecosystem.  (fingers crossed)... Do you know if you can tease us about that?   giggles

More winter. This is one of the Pacific NW ecologies, with most of the grass omitted. This is several draped layers - a base layer over the top of the USC terrain, with multiple Materia Meshmaker layers arranged on top of it. You can't drape over the rocks or trees themselves, so I experimented here with a primitive that roughly fit near the peak of the rock; the results were "meh." More important ... getting snow on the trees.

Thats a really good job. I suspect that with some work a set of snow shapes that can go on to the landscape (much as the rocks and other props are distrubted as instances) would work, with underlying materials. The plants with snow would need to be models with snow mesh attached if you wanted clumps of snow ( always more convincing than materials alone) - the challange here would be to create objects that are low enough poly to instance with out melting down your mother board. Snow and other rounded objects tend to need to be quite high poly to work. But the seed of an idea is there i think, with a bit of work a set could be constructed. 

YAY.. yes please :)

Martinjfrost said:

Another sneak peak of a more autominal nature

Ultrascenery - Britain - coming soon.

As you can see this is a bracken covered birch woodland in fall, you can change the colors of the foliage using the included mat options too. 

Click on the image for a (much) larger version

Looks like a park we have here in Ohio called Hocking Hills :)  Lovely place... Specially in the fall!  Now ya just need a waterfall coming down that mountain cliff!  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

King of the hill. Yes, very nice.

• I need maple trees. They have the best fall colors.smiley

Llola Lane said:

ok... I just got the meshmaker and had time to play a little... I set this scene up a week or so ago... it's not perfect... I can't seem to render it now :(  It stays stuck at 1minute... let it sit for over an hour and it didn't budge... soooo... i'm stuck with this grainy one I rendered last week.  I'm sure meshmaker is on overload in this scene even though it's pretty simple... I put it on the land and the leaves (note the square leaves... didn't have time to add the transparancy leaf shape back)... I'll have to play some more with a new scene.. in the mean time... I think it's a pretty neat winter scene.  ENJOY!

That actually looks very nice, even with the square leaves. I might not have even noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. The lighting and coloring gives it a real winterly feel. I've put MeshMaker on my  wishlist, based on the great work you and paulawp (marahzen) are doing with it here.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,762
    edited October 2022

The renders are lovely by everyone. I had MeshMaker in my cart one day, but forgot, went to bed with out paying out, and it was full price the next day. Always a sale.

One thing that reminded me of something I heard on my local news last week from a scientist about leaves, the colors are like layers, the greens overlay all, but as the sun is lessened by Fall, the yellows and reds and purples have a chance to come forward. Depending on the tree's nature.

I wonder if a shader set could be created that simulated that effect through a masking system like we use for hair colors? Using different patterns for the different leaf styles, shades of yellows, oranges, burnt umber, orchre, pale red, deep red, magenta, purple, mahogany... and density (? not sure if that is correct). And allow it to be applied selectively to a branch, or section based upon when you would have the day's sunlight hitting or not.

(Sorry this is a bit incoherent, I am sick with a bug.)

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874
    edited October 2022

Just UltraScenery and the animals...

Always a pleasure to render images with UltraScenery.

usc202210sc02pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 931K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited October 2022

... and the same render postworked ...

Just wonder, if any of them looks better ...

usc202210sc02pic01Overlay02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    usc202210sc02pic01SoftDreamy.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    usc202210sc02pic01Vibrant.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
    usc202210sc02pic01Vivid02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    usc202210sc02pic01Yesteryear.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1020K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • I like the 4th one.

• Llola Lane said:

OK, I have to ask. How did you put it on the leaves? What options are you selecting for that?

As noted, I do everything with primitives, particularly planes.

edited October 2022

Sorry it took so long to respond.. I had to remember what I did... lol.  There is a shader called REAL SNOW SHADER in meshmaker... I just applied it to all the leaves on the trees and the terrain... I guess I didn't really use the script then.. Hum... Gonna have to play some more.  Here's the new scene with minimal trees (for quicker rendering I turned off all the rocks... logs... grasses.. etc) and then reapplied the leaf opacity map to the trees so now the leaves are not square.  :)

ULTRASCENERY wSnowandPond2 15minute 15percent DONE SIGN framed.jpg
    1250 x 725 - 235K
  • Llola Lane said:

Sorry it took so long to respond.. I had to remember what I did... lol.  There is a shader called REAL SNOW SHADER in meshmaker... I just applied it to all the leaves on the trees and the terrain... I guess I didn't really use the script then.. Hum... Gonna have to play some more.  Here's the new scene with minimal trees (for quicker rendering I turned off all the rocks... logs... grasses.. etc) and then reapplied the leaf opacity map to the trees so now the leaves are not square.   

Interesting effect. I didn't think to try that.

I use that Meshmaker shader for the surface of the plane that I have at the bottom of my scene, like for the snow under the girl's feet. But, silly me, I could always  use it as a shader actually on an original object I suppose ...

edited October 2022

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

Sorry it took so long to respond.. I had to remember what I did... lol.  There is a shader called REAL SNOW SHADER in meshmaker... I just applied it to all the leaves on the trees and the terrain... I guess I didn't really use the script then.. Hum... Gonna have to play some more.  Here's the new scene with minimal trees (for quicker rendering I turned off all the rocks... logs... grasses.. etc) and then reapplied the leaf opacity map to the trees so now the leaves are not square.   

Interesting effect. I didn't think to try that.

I use that Meshmaker shader for the surface of the plane that I have at the bottom of my scene, like for the snow under the girl's feet. But, silly me, I could always  use it as a shader actually on an original object I suppose ...

Oh yes... that's another way to do it... I love these threads... we get such great ideas from everyone... I'm working on another render without leaves... They would be gone by winter anyway... It's almost ready... wait for it... waaaaaaaaaaitttt!  lol

Great winter landscapes, LLola Lane.

• Applying the shader to the leaves looks great on the background trees (and decent enough in the foreground), but maybe a couple of regular, non-instanced trees in front of the camera with the actual meshmaker used on them would sell the scene better? Just a thought, I have yet to experiment with it, despite buying it on release. It's still a gorgeous scene, and the shader works perfectly on the ground.

edited October 2022

OMG... Thank you paulawp (marahzen)... for reminding me I had MeshMaker!!!!  I'm lovin' it and like Barb said... I've got great winter landscapes!!!  yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy  (thanks Barb)

Here's my simple scene without leaves... The trees sparkle just like they do up north here in the winter... I LOVE IT!!!  Next I am going to make a proper 'scene' ;)

ULTRASCENERY wSnowandPond2 no leaves.png
    1200 x 675 - 1M

Uthgard said:

Applying the shader to the leaves looks great on the background trees (and decent enough in the foreground), but maybe a couple of regular, non-instanced trees in front of the camera with the actual meshmaker used on them would sell the scene better? Just a thought, I have yet to experiment with it, despite buying it on release. It's still a gorgeous scene, and the shader works perfectly on the ground.

TOTALLY agree Uthgard... I've only been playing for about 24hours so I'm still experimenting.  But I'm happy I have my winter landscapes.  :)

butterflyfish said:

I like the 4th one.

+1  .. not sure what you did to make #4 look so nice... but it's great!

memcneil70 said:

The renders are lovely by everyone. I had MeshMaker in my cart one day, but forgot, went to bed with out paying out, and it was full price the next day. Always a sale.

One thing that reminded me of something I heard on my local news last week from a scientist about leaves, the colors are like layers, the greens overlay all, but as the sun is lessened by Fall, the yellows and reds and purples have a chance to come forward. Depending on the tree's nature.

I wonder if a shader set could be created that simulated that effect through a masking system like we use for hair colors? Using different patterns for the different leaf styles, shades of yellows, oranges, burnt umber, orchre, pale red, deep red, magenta, purple, mahogany... and density (? not sure if that is correct). And allow it to be applied selectively to a branch, or section based upon when you would have the day's sunlight hitting or not.

(Sorry this is a bit incoherent, I am sick with a bug.)

Totally get that... and it will be interesting experiment...but right now I'm into snow!  LOL.  I hope you feel better soon... and you GOTTA get MeshMaker next sale ;)  (fingers crossed for ya)

butterflyfish said:

I like the 4th one.

Thanks for your comment. Will keep it in my mind.

Llola Lane said:

butterflyfish said:

I like the 4th one.

+1  .. not sure what you did to make #4 look so nice... but it's great!

Thanks a lot for the comment. Will make more images with such settings, then.

I am very grateful for the other people opinions.

edited October 2022

Wetland 2 preset and the horse...

Wetland2sc02pic01Vivid.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited October 2022

Artini said:

Wetland 2 preset and the horse...

Happy horsey :)  YAY!

Thanks for the comments.

edited October 2022

Has changed the time of the day for the sun light.

Just wonder, if it looks more interesting or not?

Wetland2sc02pic08at7_30Vivid.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

Personally.. I like the original lighting better... This one seems not so 'sunny'... But that's just me.  It's hard to please everyone I've found so I just please myself.  Hard to know when to quit 'tweaking' though... I'm workin' on that part.  lol

• Llola Lane said:

Artini said:

Personally.. I like the original lighting better... This one seems not so 'sunny'... But that's just me.  It's hard to please everyone I've found so I just please myself.  Hard to know when to quit 'tweaking' though... I'm workin' on that part.  lol

...and I almost never render anything in bright sunlight. I absolutely looooooove tinkering with early morning/late afternoon sun-sky render settings. Then, of course, there's my murky fog and cloudy skies. But what's so nice is that's there's myriad options for everyone in this regard.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

Artini said:

...and I almost never render anything in bright sunlight. I absolutely looooooove tinkering with early morning/late afternoon sun-sky render settings. Then, of course, there's my murky fog and cloudy skies. But what's so nice is that's there's myriad options for everyone in this regard.

agreed... and... I hardly ever do dark and gloomy... I try but it's hard for me.. I'm a pretty sunny person.  Even a few days without the sun affects my mood.  I have found that the kind of day I am having reflects in my artwork.  lol  :)))))

Thanks for the comments, @Llola Lane and @paulawp.

Good to know the different thoughts.

This discussion has been closed.