UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,074

Artini said:

Thanks for the comments, @Llola Lane and @paulawp.

Good to know the different thoughts.

I like them both, maybe the second one a little more. But as a photographer I would've used fill flash for this scene because the horse's head, which is the focus in the picture is in shadow. In DAZ I would use Ghost Light . Not very strong, just enough to bring out the details.

• Another sneak peak of a more autominal nature

Ultrascenery - Britain - coming soon. Bluebell Wood

A lovely biome of bluenells and wild garlic

Im really pleased with this image.. 

Click on the image for a (much) larger version

• Martinjfrost said:

Another sneak peak of a more autominal nature

Ultrascenery - Britain - coming soon. Bluebell Wood

A lovely biome of bluenells and wild garlic

Im really pleased with this image.. 

Click on the image for a (much) larger version

Very nice indeed!

How about Rapeseed next?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,762

If you do Rapeseed, can you include the scent? And bottles of Rapeseed Oil?

• memcneil70 said:

If you do Rapeseed, can you include the scent? And bottles of Rapeseed Oil?

The scent might be a bit tricky laugh

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Martinjfrost The image is very beautiful, but are you aware that there is already a product called Bluebell Wood in the Daz store?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

lou_harper said:

Artini said:

Thanks for the comments, @Llola Lane and @paulawp.

Good to know the different thoughts.

I like them both, maybe the second one a little more. But as a photographer I would've used fill flash for this scene because the horse's head, which is the focus in the picture is in shadow. In DAZ I would use Ghost Light . Not very strong, just enough to bring out the details.

Thanks for the comments and the tips.

I am still a newbie in using Ghost Lights - need to experiment with them more, as well.

I love the bluebells! And the dandelions too. Will there be both yellow flower and puff head versions of the same?

• barbult said:

Martinjfrost The image is very beautiful, but are you aware that there is already a product called Bluebell Wood in the Daz store?

The product isn called bluebell wood, ive just called that partular biome that for the purposes of this pic. 

The product is called Ultrascenery Britain and the bioms are numbered one to seven, so there is no confilct of interest there.

• Martinjfrost - can I ask if 'US Britain' is representative of the SE or the rest of the country? If of the SE, then how dense is the litter amongst the bluebells - plastic, bottles & cans etc? Sorry, you may get the feeling I'm a bit cynical about the area I moved to from Devon. Lovely idea, will look gorgeous. Regards, Richard.
    Good to know.
  • richardandtracy said:

Martinjfrost - can I ask if 'US Britain' is representative of the SE or the rest of the country? If of the SE, then how dense is the litter amongst the bluebells - plastic, bottles & cans etc? Sorry, you may get the feeling I'm a bit cynical about the area I moved to from Devon. Lovely idea, will look gorgeous. Regards, Richard.

It is a fairly generic set, based of oak and birch woodland, so more representitave of that than any specific area, - i see what your saying about devon, but the bluebell , bracken and wild garlic and foxgloves which are the main feature understory plants in this bundle can be found from east anglia right up to the peaks and lakes and down to cornwall,  larger pl litter in this bundle consists of sticks and leaves only, no plastic bottles.  

• Martinjfrost said:

richardandtracy said:

Martinjfrost - can I ask if 'US Britain' is representative of the SE or the rest of the country? If of the SE, then how dense is the litter amongst the bluebells - plastic, bottles & cans etc? Sorry, you may get the feeling I'm a bit cynical about the area I moved to from Devon. Lovely idea, will look gorgeous. Regards, Richard.

It is a fairly generic set, based of oak and birch woodland, so more representitave of that than any specific area, - i see what your saying about devon, but the bluebell , bracken and wild garlic and foxgloves which are the main feature understory plants in this bundle can be found from east anglia right up to the peaks and lakes and down to cornwall,  larger pl litter in this bundle consists of sticks and leaves only, no plastic bottles.  

No Gorse or Hawthorn? :) I am really looking forward to this, heh could have really used it a few weeks back when I was doing my King Arthur rendres 

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325
    edited October 2022

DreamWeever said:

Martinjfrost said:

richardandtracy said:

No Gorse or Hawthorn? :) I am really looking forward to this, heh could have really used it a few weeks back when I was doing my King Arthur rendres 

Not in this bundle, thats more of a heathland plant. But i was thinking of doing a bog, moor and heath and that would fit in with that, Ill be out in the real world for the next couple of months wardrobe supervising a pantomime over xmas, so once im back ill look at that.  There is however a good selection of bracken in this set. You could always swap out some of the trees ( and make invisiible some others) with some hawthorne trees - i did a set of those a while ago. That might tide you over. 

Post edited by Martinjfrost on
  • Martinjfrost said:

DreamWeever said:

Martinjfrost said:

richardandtracy said:

Not in this bundle, thats more of a heathland plant. But i was thinking of doing a bog, moor and heath and that would fit in with that, Ill be out in the real world for the next couple of months wardrobe supervising a pantomime over xmas, so once im back ill look at that.  There is however a good selection of bracken in this set. You could always swap out some of the trees ( and make invisiible some others) with some hawthorne trees - i did a set of those a while ago. That might tide you over. 

Oh cool, I will keep an eye out for those going forward, you wouldn't consider adding something coastal too would you?

Have fun with the pantomime, I think have your hawthorns and love them, the very much remind me of the thickets of them we had on the farm growing up :)  just need a bit of Barberry too lol

richardandtracy said:

You could alway use Ultrascatter Pro to litter up your landscape. ;)

DreamWeever said:

Martinjfrost said:

richardandtracy said:

Anything here that would help UltraScenery - Heath & Moor and WastelandUltraScenery - Country Ford has hawthorn trees. If you have Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume II you can use that to create a new ecology that mixes layers from other existing ecologies.

• barbult said:

DreamWeever said:

Martinjfrost said:

richardandtracy said:

Anything here that would help UltraScenery - Heath & Moor and WastelandUltraScenery - Country Ford has hawthorn trees. If you have Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume II you can use that to create a new ecology that mixes layers from other existing ecologies.

Thanks barbult, I have just got the moorland set and the rest are on my wishlist :)  

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703
    edited October 2022

I can't wait to get the new set to add to my growing collection.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,762

MartinJFrost, have you thought about some hedgerows of mixed berries?

When I was stationed in East Anglia, those hedgerows were a challenge on some of the narrow roads from Framlingham to RAF Bentwaters, especially the ones still the width of a horse-drawn cart when two compact cars would come upon one another. I still miss Hedgerow Berry Jelly that I was only able to find there.

memcneil70 said:

MartinJFrost, have you thought about some hedgerows of mixed berries?

When I was stationed in East Anglia, those hedgerows were a challenge on some of the narrow roads from Framlingham to RAF Bentwaters, especially the ones still the width of a horse-drawn cart when two compact cars would come upon one another. I still miss Hedgerow Berry Jelly that I was only able to find there.

UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard  has hedgerow features.
    From the product page:

UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard brings 14 new ecologies to your UltraScenery library, from towering beech and horse chestnuts to ordered rows of fruiting apple trees to fruit-laden hedgerows.

UltraScenery - Tangy Apple Orchard includes new autumn textures for all trees, plus a bonus preload to bring the autumn color into the original set.

Options are included for trees with fruit and without fruit.

Of course you can use the hedgerow features with other ecologies, too, or use Alienator Pro to substitute your desired fruiting trees for the trees used in this product. 

• blosseblosse Posts: 46

I'd like to create something like this with USC in Daz Studio.

DSCN0675.JPG
    4608 x 3456 - 3M
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

blosse said:

I'd like to create something like this with USC in Daz Studio.

ooo.. Good idea... I'm sure it's possible... I'd add a sphere as the sun... and postwork in some rays... There may be a better way that others know of.  We shall see... waits for answer... 

• Having yet another play with the upcoming Ultrascenery Briatain set, also used my road works mats on the road as i also wanted to have a little play with adding features to a road surface  having heard some of your feedback on this ( watch this space). As you can see the Ultrascenery Botanica ( waiting for marketing to set the release date atm) is particulary good with the scattering around the road edges and reallyt helps in breaking up the neccisarly repetitave tiling that can occure due to the wayt the ultrascnery ground shaders ( including road surface) work.

I think the results turned out pretty well, this scene is really remenisicant of the countryside in Norfolok and Suffolk where i live. 

Click on the pic for a larger version

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703
    edited October 2022

Is the road a preset option, or am I mistaken? If it is a preset then I'm in.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • Martinjfrost said:

Having yet another play with the upcoming Ultrascenery Briatain set, also used my road works mats on the road as i also wanted to have a little play with adding features to a road surface  having heard some of your feedback on this ( watch this space). As you can see the Ultrascenery Botanica ( waiting for marketing to set the release date atm) is particulary good with the scattering around the road edges and reallyt helps in breaking up the neccisarly repetitave tiling that can occure due to the wayt the ultrascnery ground shaders ( including road surface) work.

I think the results turned out pretty well, this scene is really remenisicant of the countryside in Norfolok and Suffolk where i live. 

That's really nice! 

• Martinjfrost said:

Having yet another play with the upcoming Ultrascenery Briatain set, also used my road works mats on the road as i also wanted to have a little play with adding features to a road surface  having heard some of your feedback on this ( watch this space). As you can see the Ultrascenery Botanica ( waiting for marketing to set the release date atm) is particulary good with the scattering around the road edges and reallyt helps in breaking up the neccisarly repetitave tiling that can occure due to the wayt the ultrascnery ground shaders ( including road surface) work.

The tarmac is a preset option in my road works materials bundle, the cracks , paint and furnature are added using decals, which im working on atm to release soon hopefully. The decaps will go on any ground surface not just Ultrascenery.  

• That is frighteningly convincing. And pretty much irresistible to my view. Part of me thinks "must have it immediately ", and the part of me responsible for my wallet is currently squealing in pain. It is remarkable. Regards, Richard.
  • More teasers here.... fisrtly anther example of the upcoming Ultrascenery Briatain bundle, this one a wild garlic heavy (the smell!) birch wood, but also a sneak peak at a bundle of road markings and features im hoping to add to my store soon, to complement the ultrascenery road works bundle, though you can use these on any paved or flat surface, it will include road markings, cracks and damage as well as a couple of manhole covers, and will proivide a good base for more products of its type to be developed in the future.  We are currently awaiting a release date to be allocated to the Ultrascenery Britain products ( they are through QA and awaiting their release date)  but hopefully soon! 

I like the examples you render to show off your products in use.

This discussion has been closed.