Game on - if anyone is up for another one

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Hansmar - Well the dark blue/green one is certainly not ice-cream! I see the face too - and he almost has antlers.
    Your latest is another startlingly different version - the negative light idea worked well.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099
    edited March 2021

Another one, again monochrome. I changed stuff, moved around until this happened.

gameon_blank_ 10.jpg
    500 x 500 - 53K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Wow that's awesome Adbc

adbc - wow, that's very stylish!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

adbc - very nice, it reminds me a bit of part of a cathedral.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

Super!  I like how it looks 360 degree.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited March 2021

Thanks, NGartplay, adbc, Horo, mermaid010, MelanieL. Don't be fooled by the colours. They are not caused by material, but they are reflections of the four reflective planes, that each have another colour. 

adbc: That is wonderful. 

Next one is again rather different. Colours again mostly caused by the reflective planes, that have reflective coloured textures two by two (top and bottom one the same and left and right one the same). The sphere has an AAA Variant texture by David Brinnen, but made fully reflective and 44% displacement on one of the three channels. That explains the strange form and the look as if there are holes. The fill light has a gradient between purple and yellow. I am not completely happy with this one, but I think it has potential and wanted to show it anyway.

gameon_blank15.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

mermaid, MelanieL, Horo, NGarplay, Hansmar : thank you.

Hansmar : beautiful image, the dark part looks like the entrance of a cave.

Hansmar - another amazing creation.

Hansmar -  another amazing, unusual render

Hansmar - yes, I'm getting the cavern entrance - and the cavern is a really mysterious space with all those little staircases leading this way and that! Fun image.

Hansmar, don't hate me but I want to be honest.  For me, the last image you posted is unique but not beautiful.  I've never seen anything like it but it doesn't move me. maybe just me?

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited March 2021

Hansmar: Your monochrome one reminds me of looking upwards in a gothic cathedral. The colored one looks sorta crystalline cave.

@ all: As promised, here are some assorted workfiles of my monochrome variants for you to play with:

In total 7 BR7 files packed as a 600kB ZIP archive.Sorry, no previews included. --- I didn't "clean up" inside these workfiles regarding the names of the texture bitmaps. Different bitmaps in the MaterialsLab might even have the same (old) file name. Reason: Once loaded from file, I often replace bitmaps directly by copy/paste from my graphics application instead of using "load file" into the MatLab. This allows me to reach more "hpm" (hubisms per minute) when playing. ;)

Download here: http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/temp/hansmar-hubisms_monochrome_7-BR7-workfiles_(2021-03-07).zip

Happy Brycing.
    Hubert

Post edited by hubert on

adbc, Horo, mermaid010, MelanieL, thanks.

NGartplay, Don't worry. I would never hate anybody for being honest and indicating they did not like something. I prefer honesty and am quite aware not everything is liked by everyone.

Hubert, thanks. But the monochrome one is a work by adbc, so I cannot take credit for it (but I agree with you view of it).

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Hansmar: Oops/ouch/uh-oh! -- My fault! Obviously, I need much more and also much stronger coffee in the morning.  ;)

Cheers to Spheres
    Hubert

hubert said:

Hansmar: Oops/ouch/uh-oh! -- My fault! Obviously, I need much more and also much stronger coffee in the morning.  ;)

Cheers to Spheres
    Hubert

Some people apparently swear by a cold shower to get awake in the morning. But I like your method better!

edited March 2021

I know my last one was not per se beautiful (I agree with NGartplay a bit there). So I modified the textures of the reflective planes, but that did not really help. Then I changed the texture of the small sphere and the light; result still relatively boring. So I tried the panoramic render. Yes! much more interesting. Then I went back to the original texture of the small sphere and also made a panoramic render. These are the first two.

Next, I put the camera inside the small sphere and gave that sphere a glass texture with something like 60% refraction. And I pointed the camera straight up and also put both spheres and the camera at x=0 and z=0 (they were slightly disaligned). New textures for planes and new light, with negative positive diffuse (8) and negative specular (-500). I think this last one could be called 'Suncity exploding'. This is not a panoramic render.

gameon_blank16.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 3M
    gameon_blank15a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 3M
    gameon_blank17.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M

Hansmar - well done. The first looks a bit like a room and at right a door to a tunnel, the right is more abstract and interesting with the triangle grid. The last is exceptional and could almost be a space scene with a sun nearby.

Hansmar - first is prettier, second (to my taste) less interesting than the non-panoramic (sorry NGartplay!) but the third is stunning! I love your "Suncity exploding".

Hansmar, first one is really nice, like the colors and patterns; makes it interesting.  I love the last one.  The feeling of an explosion is so cool.

Hubert : thank you for the link and .... yes black strong coffee is the formula for me too.

Hansmar : Again wonderful images. The first two : a passage to another world and the third one is that magical world.

Hubert - thanks for the sharing your files

Hansmar - Wow amazing images, the "suncity exploding" is outstanding.

edited March 2021

Horo, MelanieL, NGartplay, adbc, mermaid010: Thanks all.

Your nice words give me inspiration to further experimenting. (As if  I needed any cheeky). Camera is still inside the glass bubble (second sphere). But now it is pointing towards the -z direction. Second one also pointing in that direction, but now, instead of FOV 60, now with FOV 180 and also rotated 90 degrees on the z-axis. First one is not too bad, but I like the second one much more. Of course, lighting and materials have changed.

gameon_blank18.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 794K
    gameon_blank18a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M

Wow Hansmar, the 1st reminds me of the modern skyscrapers and I love the depth of the 2nd one both are awesome

Hansmar : both pictures are awesome. The second one has also my preference, the first one looks like a semi-transparent window letting light through.

Hansmar - the first looks great, the second Like a hall. Both are awesome.

edited March 2021

Mermaid010, adbc, Horo, Thanks, I appreciate your nice words.

Next one keeps crashing, so will not be fully rendered, for whatever reason. But I have a 84% renderto show. I'll never be able to redo this, so I'll show the partial render.

gameon_blank19.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M

Hansmar, more excellent art.  I really like this last colored one.

Hansmar - I like the (almost) monochrome ones very much. Like mermaid, I can really see the first as a skyscraper and the second has a feeling of depth.
    Your latest colourful one is very beautiful too.

Hansmar - looks very good, too. Any idea why Bryce crashes?