Game on - if anyone is up for another one

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Hansmar : very good job.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,998

Hansmar - beautiful work love the colors

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

NGartplay, MelanieL, Horo, adbc, mermaid010, thanks. I have no clue why Bryce crashed on the coloured one. It works well until 84% render, but then it crashes. Happened over and over again, so I gave up.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,830

Hansmar, do you want one of us to try rendering it for you to see if it crashes?

Hi NGartplay, that is an idea. 

Anyone wants to try with this one? Hope someone gets it to work or finds out what is wrong with it. 

zip
    zip
    Abstract.zip
    4M

Hansmar, I grabbed it and am rendering it right now.  It says 1 hour and 20 minutes but then I think it has anti-aliasing after that.  I'll let you know.

This took a long time to render.  It was at 40% anti-aliasing when I went to bed.  The render is very impressive when you see it on the entire monitor.

zip
    zip
    Hansmar-Crash.zip
    4M
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

Hansmar - crash is due to render Displacement in High Priority. This is a bug. If you want to use Displacement in the Mat Lab, set Render Priority to Low first. Work on your objects that use Displacement > 0. Do the test renders in Low Priority. Once you are happy with your scene, deselect all objects with materials that have Displacement, save the scene and quit Bryce. Restart Bryce and load the scene, you can now set Priority to Normal or High and render. Never select an object with Displacement when Priority is not Low. Crashing is random and not predictable. Your scene crashed very soon when I tested it. Plane 4 is selected and has 10% Displacement.

NGartplay: thanks for trying.

Horo: thanks for the information. I knew there was displacement, but there has been displacement in some of my earlier renders in this thread too, without any problem. I forgot about the 'crashing is not predictable' part. I will try to see whether it works when I switch to low priority, do some actions and then set it to high priority again. Maybe the file is difinitively corrupted already, but that will be the way to find out, I think.

Hansmar, I not only tried but I finished the render.  You better look at it.  I spent a long time rendering it, lol.

Hansmar - I also tried the file, it crashed at 17%, then I found that you had displacement and it was set to high priority. It crashed at 39% again, so I checked the materials and removed the displacement from two of the planes and give them both 10% bump. There's my result after almost 14hrs on my slow laptop. No the file is not corrupt.

Horo - another point to remember, if an object is selected and has displacement, Bryce may crash

hansmar-rerender.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M

memaid - great, we often forget what we already knew. I also experienced different moments when Bryce crashed, it's random.

You are correct, Horo Bryce crashes are very random.

I had no crashes with it.

NGartplay - has your computer more than one thread? If not, the render priority is low, even if set to high.

I don't know.  It's an HP Envy but I put an NVidia GeForce GTX 1050i in it.  I didn't uninstall the AMD integrated graphics drivers so I'm not sure that the drivers for my NVidia card even are working.  I can't get the NVidia drivers to update.  Substance Painter will work on my computer so it must see the NVidia card.  It won't work with integrated cards and it's why I put the NVidia in.

NGartplay - thanks. Bryce only uses the CPU, no GPU.

Mermaid010, thanks, looks good.

I did not come around to trying it after using low priority.

edited May 2021

Two Abstracts using this file with some changes.

abstract35-hub.jpg
    700 x 700 - 425K
    abstract34b.jpg
    875 x 875 - 632K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - difficult to tell which one I like better. The first has so beautiful soft colours and the second looks like a seldom and expensive gemstone.

Thanks Horo

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

mermaid : I like both your renders, the beautiful colours on the first one, the sense of depth and the display of an expensive diamond in the second one.

mermaid: two rather different but very nice renders.

Thanks Adbc and Hansmar

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142

mermaid - very pretty. I like the second one best - it looks like it's made of cut glass to me.

Thanks MelanieL

edited May 2021

Doing some spring cleaning, it’s amazing I collect so many freebies (it’s free I grab themlaugh) and forgot about them or very seldom use them.

Another abstracts, using this file with some changes and an Hdri – Tropical Beach as a backdrop, free Hdri from somewhere. I played with Refraction in the material a bit.

Another version with the big sphere hidden:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/504192120790590539/

abstract36b.jpg
    875 x 875 - 869K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - good work, I like this version better than the one on Pinterest (though it is also nice) but this one is somehow more interesting.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142

mermaid - very nice! I love the shattered image background.

Thanks Horo and MelanieL