New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

Novica said:

Oh, and a milestone for me. Mike and I have been married THIRTY YEARS as of March 16th. We got married in 1991.  laugh 

Congratulation! 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2021

Thanks all :)  Well, Mike and I are both ex-military officers, so pearl handled revolvers would be the closest thing to a 9mm or 45 I guess :)  

Anyway, I used one of my PC+ coupons and got things to 77% to 87% off as I used the PC+ item which was in the newly mad section to help with discounts. The coupon took down the Daz Originals nicely. I didn't get the Egyptian bundle, as the Oasis and outfit came to 5.56 and 4.63, a total of only 10.19 and I got exactly what I wanted instead of paying over 30.00   I think I have other hairs which will be okay for that theme.

BTW hoping everyone stays safe during this tornado outbreak forming up. I'm already watching that storms intensify from even a few hours ago. Pensacola is probably a bit south of the main threat, but 70mph winds and large hail may occur. I think we'll be okay but I stayed up all night so I'd be on the "awake all night tonight" schedule as the line will hit here at it's worst at midnight to 3am. So I am just now getting some sleep at 5am and I'll "see ya" this afternoon. Have fun shopping. Here was my cart with the PC+ code:

FIRST IMAGE NOT SHOWN

Grand Total $24.52

82%

Subtotal $133.65
    Discount $-109.13
    Estimated Tax $0.00
    • PROCEED TO CHECKOUT 
    Post edited by Novica on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

Oh my, 30! Congratulations!!!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,034

vwrangler said:

Novica said:

Oh, and a milestone for me. Mike and I have been married THIRTY YEARS as of March 16th. We got married in 1991.  laugh 

Congrats, and may you be married for many many more!

Supposedly, the traditional gifts for the 30th anniversary are lilies and pearls in some form. Not sure I've ever seen a pearl ... well, anything for men, though. Except maybe cufflinks.

Pearl-handled revolver? 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Happy Anniversary!! Here's to 30 more!!!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Novica said:

Congrats smiley

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

Happy Anniversary!!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818

@Novica On the Queen of the NIle outfit, could you (or anyone else that may buy it) check if that shoulder/neck thing can be either removed or simply made invisible through surfaces pelase :)

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 762

On the same theme is the colourfull neckring thing part of the headdress or the dress its self the one thats shown in the headpiece shot?

• Happy Anniversary! laugh

@pitmatic   @carolao  Hey folks- I didn't get to bed until 8:30am so just getting up. Will get something to eat then download/install and see about that outfit. Not ignoring you :) 

No worries @Novica, you get to it when you can :)

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 126

Happy Anniversary @Novica !

• RainRain Posts: 335

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks all :)   BTW do you folks mean the Queen of Egypt outfit?

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited March 2021

Carola O said:

@Novica On the Queen of the NIle outfit, could you (or anyone else that may buy it) check if that shoulder/neck thing can be either removed or simply made invisible through surfaces pelase :)

May I step in here....

yes, that thing is a separate item, without the top looks just like an Egypt styled bra

QueenOfTheNile.png
    1386 x 1620 - 894K
    Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on

Ah, okay, there is a Queen of the Nile Outfit.  :) 

Aha- no more Greek names for hurricanes!   

I am right in the line of fire for the severe storms, "vivid lightning" according to The Weather Channel. So getting offline and unplugging electronics. We usually lose internet in bad storms, so we'll see.

edited March 2021

dForce Queen of Egypt Outfit (G8F)        Ahmunet (G8F) 

Just posting before the severe weather gets here. The outfit was a bit frustrating as the skirt below poked through and widening the skirt, enlarging all, etc did not work unless it was waaaay plump. So I just postworked it.  And again, this is Xmasrose's background from the free backgrounds thread. (Linked in the beginning posts at the start of the thread.) 

Ahmunet Queen Egypt Dress.png
    980 x 1400 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Novica said:

congratulations

• dominiquebmdominiquebm Posts: 501

Congratulations Novica !!!

I Did mean Queen of Egypt outfit, I wrote the wrong name (blame my memory) sorry.... so does that outfit comes with an possibility to remove the shoulder part, and how does it look?

edited March 2021

Carola O said:

I Did mean Queen of Egypt outfit, I wrote the wrong name (blame my memory) sorry.... so does that outfit comes with an possibility to remove the shoulder part, and how does it look?

It's 6am so I'm headed to bed (I have to leave by 2:15pm to go see Mom by 3pm) so I won't have time now to render it- but when I rendered it earlier, I did try to adjust the collar and the wavy part moves but doesn't flatten out. I assume when you say shoulder part, you mean the collar? Yes, you can remove it. It makes the top look like a tank top with nice trim around the arm holes. You can see that in the render I did. What you can't see- the neckline is plain. I think it looks nice, like your classic lines, simple and elegant look. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2021

Novica said:

Carola O said:

It's 6am so I'm headed to bed (I have to leave by 2:15pm to go see Mom by 3pm) so I won't have time now to render it- but when I rendered it earlier, I did try to adjust the collar and the wavy part moves but doesn't flatten out. I assume when you say shoulder part, you mean the collar? Yes, you can remove it. It makes the top look like a tank top with nice trim around the arm holes. You can see that in the render I did. What you can't see- the neckline is plain. I think it looks nice, like your classic lines, simple and elegant look. 

Very nice, thanks Novica! I'm not particulary fond of those collars (which I tend to call shoulder parts lol not sure why) so I was curious if it worked without that one. Now I might consider buying it :) 

Post edited by Carola O on
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited March 2021

I can step in with a quick render....

cleo_dress.png
    1000 x 1300 - 647K
    Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

Novica said:

Congratulations on your 30th Anniversary. Wishing you many more. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Congratulations on the 30th Anniversary, Novica - is Mike fully recovered now? (I hope so)

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Ohh.. not bad at all... I quite like that look. I could turn it into a usable but not oversexified tunic/robe thing for a spellcaster. Many thanks Mark :) 

edited March 2021

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Thank you Mark :)  I just got back home. 

By the way, have researched and found some things you may not know if you have a WordPress site. If you want your speed to improve, every time you save/update, that adds up to FIVE of those in your load times. (Not technical, don't know how else to explain it.)  To limit it to two:  read this article.   It gives you the code to insert. I just have to find where to insert it over in my host c-panel. 

And it was a good reminder- comments slow down your site. Don't have them on unimportant articles. 

I can now fully recommend this post duplicator- works like a charm. Set up a page, then when you go to pages, there will be a "duplicate post" link in addition to the view, edit, edit with Elementor, etc. Click it and "copy of page" comes into the list right below that page. Fantastic! 

I got another menu eliminator plug-in, don't know if I mentioned it, I don't have the pane open- but those come in handy when playing around with menus or eliminating them from a vendor's template. It has X's to just click and remove the entire thing, instead of having to go through all the sub-menus one by one, etc.

For anyone who is thinking about doing a website and doesn't have a clue, Wordpress is a good place to start and there's a LOT of step by step instructions. Elementor is a great tool to drag and drop, and there's a free version. :) 

Post edited by Novica on

MelanieL said:

Congratulations on the 30th Anniversary, Novica - is Mike fully recovered now? (I hope so)

Thanks :)  Yes, he flew home after 10 days and hadn't run a fever at all since Day3 of the episode. That Regeneron really did the trick!
    I'm getting vaccinated tomorrow! It pays to be off schedule because Pensacola New Journal posted about the clinic in their daily edition which comes online at midnight, so I got ahead of all the folks waking up at a normal time.  It's the Moderna. The clinic is twenty minutes from here, about two minutes away from Mom- it's in a nice neighborhood. Some of these clinics at community centers,  I wouldn't even consider going to those areas.