The My Bucket's Got a Hole In It Complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

complaint  Feels Like25°F  WindN 20 mph

non complaint, mañana supposed to be in the 50 F degreeses

bad guys dont seem to understand is a bad idea to turn a grimm into a zombie.  is fun to see the bad guys be scared by grimm zombie.  lol  

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,706
    I ordered hair dye and it is out for delivery but the time keeps fluctuating so not sure when it will come.
    Thought I deleted all my music I downloaded but apparently they are still there taking up space on the small storage of the phone.
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Mystiarra said:

to serve mankind.

My favorite cookbook... bought it from a tall bald dude in a sparkly high collared robe many years ago... if you substitute chicken or pork for the human ingredients, most of the recipes are pretty good.

edited March 2021

I watched the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League last night... Four frickin' hours... it was definitely better than the theatrical release... (the Joss Whedon version)

It better defined the characters and explained a lot of stuff that was glossed over in the first version and sets up the possibility for other films.

Four hours is a long movie and since I watched the first version I skipped over parts that were the same footage, but eventually there was enough changes, slight or major that I'm imagining I barely saved twenty minutes... basically for this movie to have worked the way it was envisioned, it would have had to have pulled a "Back to the Future II " and be split into two movies... 

Very dark movie though... literally... I feel like I'm wearing sunglasses during most of the DC movies... maybe it's a film noir tint filter or something?

If you felt the original movie was kinda flat, you might want to watch this one... unfortunately, it's only on HBO Max, so unless you have it or can find a free trial offer, it might not be worth it to pay for just that.

**Edit- Thanks Miss Bad Wolf for pointing out its HBO Max, not plus.*** 

Post edited by McGyver on
    Where is that found? Is that HBO max again?
    On other news I am bleaching my hair. Not very exciting. I'm updating my TiVo too which is just as exciting. So much excitement at once. Need to start heading to shower in about thirteen minutes from now.
    IMG_20210319_145032.jpg
    480 x 640 - 182K
    IMG_20210319_144937.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    IMG_20210319_145111.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 976K

Miss Bad Wolf said:

Sorry, yes, it's HBO Max... I'm getting all the streaming services confused... everything is Plus, Max, Now, All Access,etc... I will go back and fix that before I confuse anyone more than I normally intend to.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,178
    edited March 2021

McGyver said:

Miss Bad Wolf said:

Sorry, yes, it's HBO Max... I'm getting all the streaming services confused... everything is Plus, Max, Now, All Access,etc... I will go back and fix that before I confuse anyone more than I normally intend to.

And then there's the corporate absorbtions.  I'd been happy with "CBS All Access" only to wake up one day and discover it missing.  Later to find out it is now "Paramount+".  And is requiring me to re-login to get re-registered with that service on both of my Amazon Prime FireTV Sticks (livingroom & bedroom).  And, hell, I don't remember my password for all those things.frown  Oh, I keep records of all the passwords but when I'm in bed and try to turn to an old "Perry Mason" or "Mission Impossible" TV episode to fall asleep to, I'm not about to get out from under the electric blanket and waddle downstairs in the cold & dark, nearly naked to turn on my computer and look up my CBS password again.  Grrrrr...angry It was a week before I finally remembered to look it up and write it down before going to bed.sad  And trying to enter long secure passwords with upper & lower case alphanumerics and special characters through a FireTV Stick interface is enough stress to cause heart attacks for some.no

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited March 2021

Non-complaint:  Yay!  I got a ride to and from the store.  So, grocery shopping is done for another month.  Again I have milk, eggs and bread.  As well as bananas, grapes & salad (for a week), and enough ham, tuna, chicken, salmon, and ground beef for two months.  Plus all the other miscellaneous stuff needed  Shelves are full again. yes   And I finally caught the store while they had a sale on Stouffer's frozen dinners.  Wheee... life is good.  Freezer is full.indecision

Complaint:  Despite having lost weight, I've given up trying to walk to the grocery store and back every week.  I just can't do it.  I can't walk more than one block before I have to sit down and catch my breath.  And there are no places to sit down in this town.  Heck, it tuckers me out just walking to the end of the driveway to pick up the mail.  Heck, just grocery shopping for a half hour exhausted me.  I barely had enough energy to get the bags into the house and unpacked.  I collapsed into my chair and vegetated the rest of the day.  I think it's time to talk to the cardiologist again and discuss that pacemaker.indecision

McGyver said:

I watched the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League last night... Four frickin' hours... it was definitely better than the theatrical release... (the Joss Whedon version)

It better defined the characters and explained a lot of stuff that was glossed over in the first version and sets up the possibility for other films.

Four hours is a long movie and since I watched the first version I skipped over parts that were the same footage, but eventually there was enough changes, slight or major that I'm imagining I barely saved twenty minutes... basically for this movie to have worked the way it was envisioned, it would have had to have pulled a "Back to the Future II " and be split into two movies... 

Very dark movie though... literally... I feel like I'm wearing sunglasses during most of the DC movies... maybe it's a film noir tint filter or something?

If you felt the original movie was kinda flat, you might want to watch this one... unfortunately, it's only on HBO Max, so unless you have it or can find a free trial offer, it might not be worth it to pay for just that.

**Edit- Thanks Miss Bad Wolf for pointing out its HBO Max, not plus.*** 

in deadpool 2 he was like, you're so dark, sure you're not from the dc universe.  that deadpool had a lot of funny liners. 

complaint.  cant cry in public.  old lady crying guess it looks senile.  just frustrated.  cant read the atm screen.

Mystiarra said:

complaint. cant cry in public.  old lady crying guess it looks senile.  just frustrated.  cant read the atm screen.

Scream like a argry Klingon Viking... it looks less sad and it's fairly cathartic... also it frightens away pigeons.

Sorry about the ATM screen.

where has all the pigeons gone.  aint seen any in a few years.  don't see the mourning doves around any more either.

used to see Osprey hanging out on the light poles on the souther state.  they seemed impressed by the neat orderly lines of traffic.

never see osprey crying over unsurmountable obstacles.  they drop trouts and tree branches.  fish falling from the sky.

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver said:

Miss Bad Wolf said:

And then there's the corporate absorbtions.  I'd been happy with "CBS All Access" only to wake up one day and discover it missing.  Later to find out it is now "Paramount+".  And is requiring me to re-login to get re-registered with that service on both of my Amazon Prime FireTV Sticks (livingroom & bedroom).  And, hell, I don't remember my password for all those things.frown  Oh, I keep records of all the passwords but when I'm in bed and try to turn to an old "Perry Mason" or "Mission Impossible" TV episode to fall asleep to, I'm not about to get out from under the electric blanket and waddle downstairs in the cold & dark, nearly naked to turn on my computer and look up my CBS password again.  Grrrrr...angry It was a week before I finally remembered to look it up and write it down before going to bed.sad  And trying to enter long secure passwords with upper & lower case alphanumerics and special characters through a FireTV Stick interface is enough stress to cause heart attacks for some.no

Yeah, I always find the passwords have been changed when I'm finally comfortable... I never remember to turn on a service before I get comfortable.

And it's always late at night... then I have to go find the secret password book buried under a hundred books and magazines and probably one big pumpkin... 

Megh...

Took me three weeks when we got Disney to set it up on the living room TV... don't get me started on Apple TV's awful unholy remote control... A touch pad indeed... it's actually worse than the round mouse that came with the blue and white G3 Macs. 

Disappointment... reaching into a bag of peppermint crunch Hersey kisses you put in the deli draw in the fridge, expecting not to find it stuffed with soy sauce packets for some inexplicable reason, and finding just that and not the thing you expected.

*sigh*

Interesting phenomenon about falling asleep to old "Perry Mason" or "Mission Impossible" episodes.  Invariably I fall asleep about 20 minutes into the show, then almost always wake up just as the perpetrator in the courtroom stands up and admits his guilt, or the Mission Impossible team's mission comes to fruition and the jig is up for their target.  Almost never fails. 

It doesn't matter in either case though.  I've seen them all so many times over the last half century that the ending is rarely a surprise.  It's just that those shows are perfect for falling asleep to simply because I know everything turns out OK and I've seen it many times before anyway.  And by waking up I now have the perfect time to turn off the TV and turn to my other side to begin the nightly side flipping marathon to keep my back from stressing too much in any one direction.

McGyver said:

Mystiarra said:

to serve mankind.

My favorite cookbook... bought it from a tall bald dude in a sparkly high collared robe many years ago... if you substitute chicken or pork for the human ingredients, most of the recipes are pretty good.

was watching the most grossest grimm episode. 

squeammm

cannibal guy was boiling a stew/ had a foot and baby carrots.  squeamm.  he stuck his finger between the toes for a taste test and then licked his finger. 

free episodes on amazon prime.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Miss Bad Wolf said:

I ordered hair dye and it is out for delivery but the time keeps fluctuating so not sure when it will come.

They're not delivering it by Schrodinger's Express, are they?  Or worse, Lasership.  Considering that Amazon sells more of everything than anybody, you'd think there's be a way to tell them "they sent the wrong size" or "Lasership says they delivered it, but not where, because it wasn't here."

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586

LeatherGryphon said:

Miss Bad Wolf said:

kyoto kid said:

Miss Bad Wolf said:

My internet is sure slow today.

...yeah mine kept timing out this morning for about an hour,  My connection was fine (not WiFi), I cleared cache and restarted the browser, but nothing worked.  I couldn't even get on the ISPs site to see if there was an outage or other issue in the area as tahtwould time out.  Calling them is an exercise in extreme frustration as the number rings up one of those automated "assistant bots", sort of like a "bargain basement" Cortana or Siri (complete with fake keyboard sound effects while it said it was "checking") that you couldn't bypass just by pressing "0" (to get a living human), but had to verbally interact with while it runs you around in circles and finally tells you  it is going to restart the modem thus cutting all your connections for at least 15 min. . 

I really hope things like driverless cars, trucks, and pilotless aeroplanes remain only in the realm science fiction . 

How strange. The speed seems better this morning.

Yeah, my data was choked yesterday too.  ​Perhaps it was a truck parked on a cable in a data warehouse? devil

...or a kink in the data hose.  

edited March 2021

PerttiA said:

It's funny how the frequency of Fridays seems to increase the older you get... It's like the weeks are getting shorter and shorter all the time.

...especially when you are retired.  

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Why are public washroom doors push to enter and you gotta grab a door hangle or knob to get out.  Knowing that not all people wash their hands after doing their business, wouldn't it make sense to push the door to get out.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

mechengineer97 said:

Why are public washroom doors push to enter and you gotta grab a door hangle or knob to get out.  Knowing that not all people wash their hands after doing their business, wouldn't it make sense to push the door to get out.

So that if you bloody someone's nose by swinging the door, they're right there bleeding into the sink instead of on the nice outside floor.

...minor complaint:

No Fish FryDay tonight as the market was out of rockfish.  Cod falls apart in the skillet as does Dover sole (better for baking which takes long and is a bother to deal with), halibut is bloody expensive, Catfish (the best for Cajun cooking) is almost impossible to find these days, and am allergic to salmon (yeah tough living here in the Pacific NorthWet, sort of like living in Wisconsin and being lactose intolerant)..

So it's guess it's Friday Night Burger Night this week. 

• Really annoying guy at work would be the first in line for the soup station in the cafeteria.  He'd hold up the entire line for 5 minutes as he scooped out whatever the premium ingredient was.  If it was Italian Wedding, he'd grab up every tiny meatball, beef vegetable - all the chunks of beef would be targeted, chicken noodle - every piece of chicken meat.  If you found even the smallest piece of meat remaining, consider yourself lucky because this guy was meticulous at doing this.  He made the mistake of doing this with one of the VP's waiting in line and ended up getting reamed out by his manager.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,503

TJohn said:

A Camellia from our backyard. The bush has been blooming since February (which is normal). It will stop blooming sometime this month.

I'd click the Like button on that, if there were one. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,019

McGyver said:

Disappointment... reaching into a bag of peppermint crunch Hersey kisses you put in the deli draw in the fridge, expecting not to find it stuffed with soy sauce packets for some inexplicable reason, and finding just that and not the thing you expected.

*sigh*

TheTwin Daughters Quandry? 

...late night , dyslexia, and tired eyes (didn't even have a beer with my burger). 

Read title of a thread as Papal Issue - Disappointed in DAZ and wondered what could Daz3D have done to get the Vatican and Holy Father in a tizzy?

edited March 2021

Non-Complaint:  Goood mooorning DAZland!  Music to DAZ by.  Five and a half minutes of rousing spring excitement.  Add a little Glinka to your life with the overture to his opera "Ruslan and Ludmila".  If this doesn't get your blood moving, then run around the block three times.

I heard this live once as the encore after a wonderful evening at the symphony in the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC.  It was the icing on the cake.yes

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,486

Saw two swans this morning flying through falling snow... I don't think the early bird got the worm this time...

This discussion has been closed.