RRRRR - Coming Late Excuses - Entries only thread

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
edited March 2021 in Art Studio

This is where we post our entries for the RRRRR - Coming Late Excuses contest.

The format should be (to make tallying and setting up voting easier).

TAG:#ImageNumber
Entry Title
Entry Text ( a handful of lines, not a Shakespeare book )
The Image

Example (Not an entry):
Jack:#01
Title: A tree fell on my car
When Jack was to go to a boring meeting, he came very late and his excuse was that a tree had fallen on his car

excuse.jpg
1600 x 1280 - 1M
Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

Tag:Totte#1
    The street was blocked
    Nick was late for class and excused himself with that they had blocked to road at the crossing of State Street and Johnson Avenue because they were shooting scenes for a new StarWars spinoff series on the street.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649

tag:luci45#1
    Zombie Apocalypse
    Charlotte was unable be on time for Marlie's bookclub because of a zombie apocalypse. 

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,021
    edited March 2021

tag:bohemian3#1
    The Technology Imp Unplugged my Alarm Clock

Apparently after a strange night of cosplay

Post edited by Chohole on

Tag: Totte#2

A Damselle in distress

A young, pretty and helpless poor girl missed her ferry so I had to convince an eccentric milionaire to give her a ride with his boat.

edited April 2021

tag:bohemian3#2

One Last Kiss Before Sail

But dearheart, you do understand sailing a boat is not the same as flying a plane, don't you?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited April 2021

tag:MelanieL#1
    The Martial Artist

I was on my way, but a crazy martial arts guy insisted that I sit and watch his full routine. Hey, he had a whole bunch of scary pointy things, so I had to stay and watch.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited April 2021

TAG: obanion#1

TITLE: Overkill Much, Miss Spelvin…?

“Well, this certainly explains why you’ve been coming in late every day since the lockdown ended. You know, a simple face-covering would have been entirely adequate, and would save a lot of time.  And where the hell is the custodian!?  This place is a mess!

“He wasn’t considered ‘essential’.”

“I would beg to differ!”

edited April 2021

tag:bohemian3#3

Helped a Stranger...

"Sorry I'm late for work - A couple celebrating their 25th anniversary asked me to snap a picture. The old guy was trying to look all sexy, and that sorta creeped me out.  But then a waitress-slash-actress-slash-student asked to spray paint me and pose for a performance art piece she is doing for drama school.  I was just being nice... and you're going to write me up for being late?..."

"Oh.  I suppose I shold go home and shower.  Hope I don't run into any strangers needing help."

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Tag:barbult#1

​There's a Hole in my Bucket!

Hello? Yes, this is Floyd Dazzle. I'm going to be late for my eye appointment. I'm not done painting my cottage. The siding is rough wood, like tree bark and it is covered with moss. My brush is too small and there's a hole in my bucket. But don't worry. I'm still wearing the protective goggles you gave me!

Ther's a Hole in My Bucket

tag:MelanieL#2

A Modern Siren

He had to stop the boat - maybe she needed help?
    But when she started singing, nothing else in the world seemed to matter. Even the grasshopper who had hitched a ride seemed entranced.

tag:luci45#2
    Saving Fluffy

• aprilshowers2065aprilshowers2065 Posts: 699
    edited April 2021

tag:aprilshowers2065#1

Shortcut

Sorry honey, looks like we're going to be late to the party. We may have taken a wrong turn while trying to use that shortcut Lisa suggested...

Shortcut.png
    1600 x 1920 - 7M
    Post edited by aprilshowers2065 on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited April 2021

TAG: obanion#2

Title: Well, This Morning Commute Went Seriously South in a Hurry…!

“Um…, you probably ought to take the bypass.  Because that thing is liable to booger-up traffic like you cannot even BEGIN to imagine!”

tag:luci45 #3
    Pigeon Billpay
    WorldWide ConCom Wireless Communication Services would not accept payments online. They sent bills by carrier pigeon because mail service was unreliable. Ronnie and DumDum tried in vain to explain to the company's toon android representative that they always received bills very late and couldn't possibly pay them on time. 

Tag:Totte#3 

I had to do my citizen duties

I was selected to be the referee of the annual Jump like a horse in a dress contest

tag:MelanieL#3
    Dragon Attack

Honestly, Boss, we set off in good time for work, but while we were walking across the bridge over the ravine there was a dragon attack! We had to take cover until they flew away.

tag:MelanieL#4

The Gentlemanly Thing to Do

So sorry I'm late. I was on the way to meet you, but when I was driving past that fancy hotel I was flagged down by a lady in trouble. I could hardly refuse to help. It was the gentlemanly thing to do.

edited April 2021

tag:aprilshowers2065#2

Why The Paper Is Always Late

Bad Squiggles! I've told you a thousand times; only political canvassers and door-to-door salespeople!

Why The Paper's Always Late2.png
    2000 x 1714 - 7M

Tag: Totte #4

A revelation on the road 

​While passing St Jack's Cathedral on the new highway, heading to the reenactment , we had a revelation, we saw angels, and they stopped us and asked about our extended car warranty.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited April 2021

Tag: Daventaki #1

Strange Land
    Never fall asleep at the park, you never know what you will wake up to.

RRRRRTM042021.jpg
    1884 x 935 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247

Tag: katfeete #1 

A Minor Setback

Due to an unfortunate choice of escape vehicle, the Comtesse Camelia regrets she will be late to tea.

Escape.jpg
    1400 x 788 - 720K

Tag: barbult#2

Too Many Choices 

She asked him to pick up a poinsettia for the Christmas dinner party. Who knew there were so many choices? Darius is paralyzed with indecision. Dinner will be cold before he gets there.

Tag: Daventaki #2

Short Cut
    That shortcut my partner recommended did not turn out to be short......

RRRRR2042021TM.jpg
    1884 x 935 - 2M
    edited April 2021

Tag: barbult #3

I Had To Serve Lunch 

Ana-Sofia didn't get home in time to see her favorite soap opera, because it was her turn to serve lunch.

Post edited by barbult on

Tag:Totte#5

I just had to get the perfect birthday present for my boyfriend

Sylvia was to be bridesmaid at her best friends wedding, but on the way to the wedding she saw a big sale at military antiques store and she needed a present for her boyfriend's upcoming birthday.

Tag: Daventaki #3

Oooppssss

"I don't know what happened officer" as he hopes noone seen him wreck the motorbike..

edited April 2021

tag:luci45#4
    The Cats
    The cats arrived late, because they are cats. The inn had already closed for the season, but the owner, who liked cats, told the gardner, who liked cats, to give them comfortable lodgings when they arrived. 

Post edited by luci45 on
  • vamokvamok Posts: 238

Tag: vamok#1

Robot Romance

Look Sarge, I know we are late having the freight loaded, Everything was going fine until 'she' showed up shaking her shiny chassis all over the place. The next thing we know they are staring into each other's eye and...whoa whoa, whoa, is he proposing?! 

edited April 2021

tag:aprilshowers2065#3

Devil's Cage

Afraid the delivery of the documents you wanted is going to be late. Using the route past the too aptly named, "Devil's Cage" turned out to be a bad idea. Accidently colliding with the giant snake demoness didn't help matters, either.

Devil's Cage2.png
    1500 x 1160 - 4M

tag:luci45 #5
    How Captain Ed Lost His TV Children's Show
    Captain Ed locked himself in his dressing room for over an hour because of a wardrobe issue. 

"You want to know why I am late? Because this is not a good idea. I will not wear this! What? No, this is not 'metrosexual.' This is not K-Pop. This is something your mother bought on sale 10 years ago."