RRRRR - Coming Late Excuses - Entries only thread

Comments

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028
    edited April 2021

tag:bohemian3#4

No Change for the Toll

He wouldn't take a chair, the cart, nor even promise of our first born. He wanted two schilling, exact.

Oh wait... I think I forgot an R.

Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • tag:aprilshowers2065#4

The Faster Way of Baking

Running late getting the ingredients for the cookies they promised for their children's bake sale, the Coopers decided to resort to a more drastic method of speeding up the baking 

Don't Try This At Home.png
    1428 x 1714 - 4M
  • katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247

tag: katfeete #2

Before I Kill You....

To: Agent B, From: Agent Y, Re: I want a new partner

Gonna be late for the secret agents' meeting, J's bar hookup turned out to be a supervillain.

aGAIN.

Before.jpg
    1176 x 1548 - 2M
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited April 2021

tag: Daventaki #4

Oh Baxter!

Mad because he knew they were fixing to leave him alone, Baxter took things into his own paws!

RRRRR4042021TM.jpg
    2500 x 1614 - 3M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,514

Tag: Totte#6

Late to the table

Liu and Suzy went to a dinner at Pedro's, but when Suzy saw you could select what flower to have on your table, it took her almost an hour to choose, and poor Pedro, politely, tried to get them to take their seats, while the prepared dinner got ruined in the kitchen. Time after time Pedro replied to the chef "They are still choosing flower".

• vamokvamok Posts: 238
    edited April 2021

Tag: vamok#2

Late to the Pre-Invasion Marshaling Area

Hello Earth female...

no, thank you. I...

I do not wish to sample your edible goo. We really need to...

yes, I am sure it is delicious, however...

while it is impressive that you grew the raw materials we really must...

what is honey?...

What are bees?

Remarkable!

Due to a navigational error, Sevenine and Twofive were undoubtedly going to be late to the pre-invasion marshaling area.

Post edited by vamok on
  • tag: aprilshowers2065 #5

Difference of Opinion

Attention passengers, arrival at our next stop will be delayed. The pilot and co-pilot cannot agree on the best route and have decided to settle it the 'old-fashioned' way. Unfortunately, the head stewardess has also been encouraging them. 

Airship Fight.png
    1428 x 1714 - 3M
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659

tag:luci45 #6
    Control
    Marge and Charlie Tipps, authors of Take Full and Unequivocal Control of Your Life - There Are No Accidents, are waylayed en route to the annual Absolute Positivity conference where they are scheduled to speak this evening. 

tag: Daventaki #5

Missed Opprotunities

Caspian did not plan his raid well, next time he plans to  set his watch a little fast.

katfeete #3

Awakened

The Comtesse Camelia regrets she will not be able to attend tonight's opera due to unforseen ancient guardians. 

edited April 2021

tag: Daventaki #6

At the Bottom
    While taking a short ride before the meeting Victoria decided to check her emails, unfortunately she lost her grip and the brand new tablet fell right into the water....

RRRRR6TM042021.jpg
    1884 x 935 - 1M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • tag:aprilshowers2065#6

Precocious

Mommy and daddy can't come to the phone right now. Would you like to leave a message?
    She gets it from your side of the family.

Nobody believed Yuqi's parents when they claimed it was their precocious daughter's burgeoning career as a mad scientist that made them late for their friend's wedding

Precocious3.png
    1600 x 1920 - 6M
  • katywhitekatywhite Posts: 414

Tag: katywhite:#1
    Title: Super Excuse
    Caption: So Stacey is running late AGAIN. Every week she comes up with something new and when I finally pin her down she claims she is a super hero fighting demons from the underworld. Like honestly! She'll come up with anything to get out of exercise....

Running Late Excuse Super_edited.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M

Tag: Totte#7

I was stuck in the self checkout at Bau-Rauta Depot

Only self serivce checkouts and only one line was open, and the customer before me decided it was a prefect place to check her hair and try out the newly bought makeup kit.

tag: katfeete #4

Not In Kansas

The minute Missy opened the door, she understood two things. First, it probably hadn't been the best idea to hide in the bathroom when things got weird at Bobby's party. And second, she was going to be epically late for work tomorrow....

NotKansas.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M

tag: Daventaki #7

Strike a Pose

Even though it would make her late for her next gig, El could not resist posing for the camera.

• tag:aprilshowers2065#7

Foiled Again

When all you're trying to do is gain a little supervillain cred by kidnapping damsels and robbing a few banks, but then She keeps delaying your plans by transforming your getaway vehicle and turning all of your henchmen into giant emojis.

Foiled Again.png
    1429 x 1715 - 4M

tag: Daventaki #8

Off to the races!  OR not....

They got so excited over thier finds at the flea market they forgot that they were due to be at the race track.

RRRRR8TM042021.jpg
    1884 x 742 - 1M
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659

tag:luci45 #7
    Ultra-Interdimensional Traveler

When he saw the awestruck visage of the immature giant, Prince Daruu knew without a doubt that he would be very late for super tonight. Interdimensional voyages had always been amusing and never challenging - until this one. No, he definitley should not have bought the Ultra-Dimensional Package which promised "really big adventures."

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Gopherus #01

The Great Frog of the Desert

Janie “Raphaela” Farr the Baroness von Munchausen  was summoned back to Switzerland to authenticate a trove of lost renaissance art that had just been recovered.  On her way, riding on the back of her favorite frog Fernando, she discovered a beached ship that was carrying Legos.  Realizing that one man's disaster is another's opportunity,  she quickly erected a monument to her frog.  The art had been lost for centuries and was not going anywhere.
    Pop quiz:  How do you stop a frog in the desert from smelling?  Nope!  Napoleon tried that.  And even after you cut off its nose it still Sphynx.

tag:Totte#8

I had to close a very important deal

Chairman Jeoffrey Brinkley-Wittenbaum von Schnellfaren was late to the board meeting but excused himself that he just had to close a very important deal. He did not reveal the deal was in the game Girls und Panzers III.

• tag:aprilshowers2065#8

Clearance

I know I'm already running late with the props for the sci-fi convention, but I really do need to buy a new outfit, first. Incidently, I've just figured out why that 'Shamrock' detergent you insisted on buying was on clearance...

New Laundry Detergent.png
    1428 x 1714 - 5M

tag: Daventaki#9

Late for Dinner....

Hon I don't think were going to be making it home for dinner....

RRRRR9052021TM.jpg
    1734 x 935 - 2M

Gopherus #02

The Tide Waits for No Man

A pirate, his tied-up prisoner, and a wiener dog are walking through the market place and see a chili stand.  the pirate asks, “Do you serve chili dogs here?”
     “Yes, we do” replies the cook..  “Then I ll have 4 and my friend will have one.”    “What about your prisoner?  He seems to be escaping.  Doesn’t your captain expect to sail with the tied?”  “Yes, but I can catch another one tomorrow…. and there may not be another chill stand.”

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149

tag:MelanieL#5

Alien Abduction

I was travelling to work on my bike when there was a bright flash and a beam of green light from the sky hit me. The next thing I knew I was on a strange planet surrounded by a group of robots. I was terrified! Then there were some more flashes and light beams and several other people - at least I suppose they counted as people? - landed near me.

One of them had some sort of bomb-things, and managed to knock out the robots - they all kind of keeled over in the sand. I was wondering how we could ever get off the planet, but luckily one of my companions turned out to be some sort of alien princess. She had summoned her own spacecraft to rescue her and she said she would deliver us all back to wherever we came from.

So here I am at last! Oh dear, did I miss the weekly meeting?

• tag:aprilshowers2065#9

Late Due to Unexpected Side Effects

Annie and Victoria should have been more careful when reading the potential side-effects fine print for the new 'Holiday Cheer' air freshener they added to their list of last minute party decoration

Side Effects3.png
    2240 x 1920 - 6M
    edited May 2021

gopherus #03

Whiskey, Cigarettes, Poker and Hound Dogs

It must be saturday night.  
    Yo, Fido!  Sit!  It’s your deal.  You promised that you would chase the cat…. but, I am sure, the cat will understand if you are a little late.  So, sit down and deal.  And pass some of that hair of the dog.

Post edited by Gopherus on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028
    tag:bohemian3#5

A Spot of Tea

No matter how hectic or madcap our intergalactic worlds may be, one must remain civilized.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149

tag:MelanieL#6

Trapped!

Hi, Kate. I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit late to the party. I was going to take the shortcut across the park but the inner gate was locked. I turned around but the other gate had slammed shut behind me and jammed. I had to call a workman out to help me. I hope it won't take too long. See you!

Tag:Totte#9

The little forest birdhouse

Lucy was late for school, and when her teacher asked her why, she said that when she was checking the birds at the little birdhouse in the forest, a small alien spaceship landed and a girl with blue hair climbed out of it started to talk with one of the birds.