Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• Cyclops suit for G3M again... on a stylized G81F. Mostly Kiko 8.1, some Toon Generations.

• This is the first picture of a series that you can find here in my gallery https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4741708952633344#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1180047 if you want!
    Have fun looking at it! Hope you like it!

A Start Scene A.jpg
    2400 x 1350 - 2M
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

The Blurst of Times said:

Playing with Dasan 8... on Genesis 8.1 base, and Dasan skin converted to nuPBR with the Michael 8.1 skin (including Detail channel).

This is a blend with Christian 8.

Wow!
    To my eyes, this could be a early 30s Jean-Luc Picard 

• Chumly said:

Playing with Dasan 8... on Genesis 8.1 base, and Dasan skin converted to nuPBR with the Michael 8.1 skin (including Detail channel).

This is a blend with Christian 8.

Wow!
    To my eyes, this could be a early 30s Jean-Luc Picard 

Picard was definitely on my mind, as you might have figured out from the hair choice as well as the outfit colors. (I don't think the hair is in the store now, but there are plenty like it, I think.)

Dasan is a fun base to work from, IMO, especially in a classic British science fiction guy look... Star Trek, Logan's Run, etc.

• Happy remaining weekend time.

I think Lilith 6 would break quie a few rules in the store today...

(This is, of course, Genesis 8.1... based on Victoria 8.1, but also a lot of other dials.)

• I like that new Forlorn Swordsman outfit.

It makes me think of the Goblin Slayer. Not as a copy, but the look of it gives me the Goblin Slayer feelings.

• Really? I was thinking it was more Dark Souls. It is neat looking either way.

• zombietaggerung said:

Really? I was thinking it was more Dark Souls. It is neat looking either way.

Ha... never got into Dark Souls. To quote Danny Glover's character in the Lethal Weapon movies, "I'm too old for this (bleep)".

Turn-based stuff is okay for me, though. Playing "Fire Emblem: Three Waifu & Husbando Houses" right now.

Okay, considered throwing this in the "Custom characters" thread, but whatever. I put here first.

This was an experiment to see if I could adapt the Genesis 8 makeup (Diffuse Overlay) to Genesis 8.1 stuff.

In this case, it's Rosa Maria 8.1 with Sahira 8's makeup. (You can see Rosa Maria's features, including eyebrows & blemishes, plus a distinctive makeup from Sahira.) Well... the base skin is Rosa Maria. I changed her shape around for my tastes, I guess.

It takes some photo-editing to adapt the Diffuse Overlay makeup to the new PBR Makeup channel, but it does work. IMO, those Genesis 8 base figures were pretty amazing with the Diffuse Overlay if you know how to manipulate the Surface tab.

Also, skimpwear isn't completely dead if you get a little creative. This is GIS Admiral with a few missing pieces. (I opted for the non-see-through dress for this shot, LOL.)

• Simple test, but also an illustration.

You ought to consider mounting light(s) inside a helmet, even with a clear faceplate.

I use 2 point lights inside the helmet to illuminate the model's face. (To see things, you need reflected light to reach your eyes. An unlit helmet interior will often get obscured by glare. The lights inside the helmet overcomes the lighting differential between the interior and the exterior of the helmet. This is why, in sci fi movies and tv shows, you see pilots with that blue face light inside their helmets.)

• I don't always like celebrity look-alikes, but I'll get ones that I like/have weakness towards.

This is mostly Sangriart's Gertha (Lagertha, Katheryn Winnick), but not stylized as a Viking. I used Sahira 8's makeup overlay on top of the PBR textures (with modification to go from Iray Uber Diffuse Overlay to PBR Makeup channel).

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

MelissaGT said:

World of Warcraft player character fanart commission of a Blood Elf rogue

This is stunning.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Simple test, but also an illustration.

You ought to consider mounting light(s) inside a helmet, even with a clear faceplate.

I use 2 point lights inside the helmet to illuminate the model's face. (To see things, you need reflected light to reach your eyes. An unlit helmet interior will often get obscured by glare. The lights inside the helmet overcomes the lighting differential between the interior and the exterior of the helmet. This is why, in sci fi movies and tv shows, you see pilots with that blue face light inside their helmets.)

Very well done.

• IceDragonArt said:

Simple test, but also an illustration.

Very well done.

I've tried shots with helmets before, so so that's why I wanted to share that observation.

(In reality, having bright lights inside your helmet is probably a bad thing for trying to see out from a helmet... but it helps from the outside looking into a helmet.)

Anyway, back to my current fun... GIS Admiral, which is pretty much a full coverage outfit. Depending on construction, you can take away some pieces or zero out some surfaces, and then it transforms the thing entirely.

Here, I combine with a piece of Lotus Maiden and GIS Empress (plus one of AllenArt's jewelry/metal shaders from sharecg to convert the old 3dl headpiece into Iray). Also, Alphakini.

Figure is Sangriart's "Gertha" plus a makeup from Alawa 8 that I adapted for the new PBR shader. (I try not to use celebrity/actress figures, but I admit Katheryn Winnick would be one area of weakness in that policy.)

Background is an arch/doorway from Alchemy Chasm, set to repeat via Node Instances. Goal is to create impressions, not perfectly realized backgrounds and whatnot.

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 688
    edited November 2021

Three Girls Walk Up to a Barre...

Three Girls Walk up to a Barre - 01.png
    2300 x 1800 - 5M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on
  • A lot of spess uniforms are un-decorative for Gothic spess emperor... but Alien Guard is pretty good, I think. The Klingon sash also works well as  imperial whatevers.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071

Outlaw Speeder

2021-10-14 13:24:30.690 Total Rendering Time: 10 minutes 7.41 seconds

Click on image for full size.

• Just more fiddling around with Sangriart's Lagertha. I used makeup from Eva8, converted to a format for the new PBR shader.

Clothing is sourced from a couple outfits, but I think it works together.

• I haven't used Drutherson 8 yet...
    I blended him with another little guy called "The Brute 8".

Instead of little Santa's helper, I decided to go more Napoleon Bonaparte. Sci-fi-ish.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071

The Rim Bar

2021-11-12 10:40:31.836 Total Rendering Time: 19 minutes 31.67 seconds

Click on image for full size.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,000
    edited November 2021

Here is mine, a country gal enjoying some time listening to the radio on a balmy night in the bayou..

Night in The Bayou.jpg
    1400 x 840 - 561K
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited November 2021

Its been a while...

Modern Day Borrowers.png
    1860 x 950 - 3M
    Look Mommy!.png
    1860 x 950 - 3M
    Modern Day Borrowers 2.png
    1860 x 950 - 3M
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,425
    edited November 2021

Two at once. I'm showing off.

~~~~~

Strong Hands:
    Android touch doesn't permit the same density of nerve endings as in human hands, and requires different methods (often several in unison). One of these approaches involves what are effectively microphones embedded in the hands and other key areas, allowing the system to hear the surfaces rubbing.

AIs however usually exploit this to a far greater degree than automata, combining it with active sonar, effectively giving them ultrasonic imaging devices in their hands. Combined with the strength and precision of a robotic chassis, AIs can provide an amazing massage.

Gallery Link

Changing Room:
    Because in a slightly different world, the gym is for all sorts of people.

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • UHFUHF Posts: 512

I was playing with the new Geo Tattoos, and absolutely loved it.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4986713818529792#image=1187403

End Of The Line

• The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited November 2021

Just a character in development for a Palladium Rifts RPG I GM

Edit : ...and he's squished. 1440p image LOL

Edited to fix image size - click for full

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited November 2021

"It's not a sink for dwarves":

Given a wide range of body shapes and types, toileting arrangements in Veil are often extensive and elaborate. Not everyone is completely familiar with all the plumbing there is to be found.

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on

Apparently I've been going a bit nuts recently, managing to get way more stuff actually finished than I have in a while.

This one started out as a test of Hamster's recent dForce Breasts V2 product, in order to get the collisions with the guitar. It took me a while to really get started with it, as the process seems more complex than the V1 version of the product, and it's quite easy to mess it up, but in the end my verdict is that the actual results are better than the original product. I'll advise that it's not for those timid about dForce, but I can see there's times it's going to be useful to have.

~~~~~

Ocean:

Culturally, Veil's elves place a great deal of value on artistic pursuits; even those who don't choose to make it a profession are likely to have it as a passionate hobby.

Over a lifespan that can span hundreds of years, these talents can become astonishing to behold.

Gallery Link

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519
    edited November 2021

some of the new creatures for G8 I did for Holloween 

WereBat_ThereBat.jpg
    2560 x 2560 - 934K
    The Beast.jpg
    2800 x 3400 - 857K
    Post edited by TraceSL on

Oh and Vampella 

vamoirella20211024.jpg
    3840 x 3840 - 1M
  • TraceSL said:

some of the new creatures for G8 I did for Holloween 

Links aren't working? Seems like some gallery image links aren't working like they used to, like your signature, for instance.

Now to see if this link works.

This was a test of Riversoft Art's Character Converter from G8F to G3F (Sangriart's "Gertha" for G8F, applied to G3F).
    I was just doing a test render, but it turned out pretty so I kept it.

The main converter didn't work, but the second script did. I used the Uber skin on this one... maybe I'll try the nuPBR next.
    A couple swaps in Scene Identification allowed me to use the hair, eyebrows, and eye lashes.

edited November 2021

Hope the images are showing now. 

Another Vamiprella

VampirellaandWerewolf.jpg
    2500 x 3000 - 857K
    Post edited by TraceSL on