Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIII

Comments

• TraceSL said:

Hope the images are showing now. 

Another Vamiprella

Looking good! Images are showing now... Vampirella is always a good choice.

Okay, slightly more effort on my part. LOL.

Again, playing around with Riversoft Art's Character Converter (from G8F to G3F). Definitely a lot of life in Genesis 3, IMO.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 923

Love your creature images TraceSL. May I ask where you got your Vampirella outfit?

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

nabob21 said:

Love your creature images TraceSL. May I ask where you got your Vampirella outfit?

Thank you.  Got that from a 3rd Party site that is no longer around BUT there is a G3 call VAMPS by Rainbowlight at Rendo that looks like it.  

Vamps for Genesis 3 Females 3D Figure Assets RainbowLight (renderosity.com)  

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

The Blurst of Times said:

TraceSL said:

Hope the images are showing now. 

Another Vamiprella

Looking good! Images are showing now... Vampirella is always a good choic

Thank you  

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,068

What do you mean "What have I been doing all day?"?

2021-11-16 19:04:31.564 Total Rendering Time: 1 hours 39 minutes 44.41 seconds

Click on image for full size.

• Okay, I rolled up this figure in G8.1, but I ported her over to Genesis 3. The skin is Sangriart's Graciana (the new PBR version).

Clothing & hair... a mix of Genesis 8 and Genesis 3 stuff. Going for more 1970s-style sci-fi than anything else.

Mistress Arachne is a cool set. Too bad the bracelets (Fabiana's Tethra) are no longer in this store.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,410

Went on a huge Shadowrun kick:

Sideways

The Drop

Self-Extraction

Geeked

Honeytrap

"What....WHERE WERE YOU EVEN HIDING THAT?!"

In Position

And then I figured I should render a centaur or two before I started losing DeviantArt followers.

Golden Slumbers

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,415

To Battle:

Because they are superhumanly fast and precise coders in an increasingly digital age, Artificial Intelligences usually quickly become extremely wealthy individuals (at least in the countries where they are considered emancipated citizens).

Although originally engineered as combat AI, Athena Lovelace is no different. She would end up invested a sizeable sum of this buying a large property, somewhere around 50 km north-west of London, close to her retiring squadmate Mark Baldwin and his family.

Of course, a property that size feels pretty empty if you're the only one there, so invitations are regularly extended to friends, and friends of friends...

Gallery Link

Gordig said:

And then I figured I should render a centaur or two before I started losing DeviantArt followers.

Oh, the fun of "Have I uploaded enough [insert sub-category of my content] recently to keep everyone happy?".

Freja 8 with Dynah Hair

Lighting is a HDRI

2021-11-28 15:10:46.688 Total Rendering Time: 42 minutes 36.21 seconds

• Again, playing with Genesis 3... mixing G8F and G3F, but more playing around with G3F stuff this time. (Character transferred from dial spinning in 8.1.)

Genesis 3 is still pretty good, and provides a nice firewall from the Genesis 8 bloat that I have on my system.

• Quick & dirty Cobra Commander using Sci-Fi Assassin bits and textures.

• The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited November 2021

Watching videos and learning new style of postwork can be fun.

Vertex Doctor - Classic Sedan.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    Post edited by The Vertex Doctor on
  • An Edwardian outfit I'm trying different dforce and shader settings on and will try different shaders. I might have made the lights too bright but wanted her face to show so next pose she faces away from the parasol 

• DandeneDandene Posts: 162
    edited December 2021

Finished this one last night.  She accompanies the guy in my avatar pic.  This was a headache from start to finish haha.  I don't normally do close-ups but I wanted to try them out.  The most customizing I've done on a character's textures/maps I think.  She was one large learning process.    

Post edited by Dandene on
  • souravpadhi89souravpadhi89 Posts: 80
    edited December 2021

Post edited by souravpadhi89 on

A follow up to a previous render after someone asked what would happen if Athena got involved in the Nerf war. The lesson to be learned is that if you're going to bait your parents into a Nerf war, first make sure the AI supersoldier hosting the party doesn't think it'd be funny to join their side:

Gallery Link

• Kitbashing the landscape and the character.

• Matt_Castle said:

A follow up to a previous render after someone asked what would happen if Athena got involved in the Nerf war. The lesson to be learned is that if you're going to bait your parents into a Nerf war, first make sure the AI supersoldier hosting the party doesn't think it'd be funny to join their side:

Gallery Link

Cool pic

Where did you get the belt fed nerf gun? 

Robert Freise said:

Where did you get the belt fed nerf gun? 

My assumption was always that I'd have to retexture an existing minigun model, and while I did look at what I had in my existing DS library, the thing I thought would best work with simple shaders rather than needing a load of surface details painted was actually a free asset on TurboSquid. I imported to Blender, deleted a few bits, made the barrels a bit shorter and assigned surface zones. I added a couple of pieces from Alpha Town as greebles, then applied plastic shaders in different colours until I liked the look.

The ammo belt used lots of instanced copies of a dart from Fun Guns (like all of the other Nerf guns) with a cylinder primitive parented to it, and then all of those copies parented in a chain so I could select all their controls and control their spacing and orientation as a group.

So, a bit of a kitbash, all in all.

• Thanks for the info I actually have all of that

• DandeneDandene Posts: 162
    edited December 2021

I decided to make something on the humurous side.  :)  I call it "That Wasn't Supposed to Happen."

Post edited by Dandene on

Leon 8 with the humanoid shape

2021-12-02 13:19:19.765 Total Rendering Time: 2 minutes 23.73 seconds

• I really like how the fabric folds. I added subD and Dforce modifiers and made the skirts I think 400 GSM and adjusted the overskirts so they keep their shape. While you can't see the buttons I used a rose gold shader from Metalworx on them so I might do a shot from behind tho the buttons warp even with 0 dynamic strength 

I have so many princess dresses too that are fun to work with in Dforce 

• RafmerRafmer Posts: 564
    edited December 2021

After party

after_party.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 287K
    Post edited by Rafmer on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,159

Something fun to watch

Created and rendered in Daz Studio, with iRAY

Best viewed in 1080HD ~ Click to play

People sometimes ask me if all my renders are stupid jokes.

~~~~~

Centaur Claus

Gallery Link

edited December 2021

Ivy said:

Something fun to watch

Nicely done Ivy. 

Post edited by Fishtales on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,159

Fishtales said:

Ivy said:

Something fun to watch

Nicely done Ivy. 

Thank you very much @Fishtales ")

There's been a lot of fuss about these Nun Fungible People recently, and I don't really understand it, so I thought I'd give it a try...

Gallery Link

... nope, still doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,953

Here's a WIP years-old scene that I rendered for the first time...

THE PREDATOR FOV SWORD.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    THE PREDATOR FOV WW HEAD.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M