Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

Goin already? You didnt even hang for a chat. ;-P You an aussi? It's night fall now.

...nah, living in the States. So when it's mid day in Australia, it's late evening where I am. When I posted that response it was something like 01:10 local time here. Don't understand how Richard H.or Chohole manages it as they is eight hours ahead of where I live, so right now it's just after 06:20 for them

Never gave the time differential much thought until the Net made communication so easy. Back in the day even a short international telephone call would set you back a nice sum and you better know what number you are calling.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Time zones can be sooooo confusing LOL, That's why I added various locations on my clock in my iPhone lol! atm I set it to show the time for Australian state capitals, London, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Washington lol All so I have an Idea on what times people I talk to on forums are likely to be on HAHA! And the Aus times are kinda required for family members aussie friends of course ;-P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Apparently they even get confused over in the States, as this was posted by an American.

us-time-zone-map3.gif
    893 x 661 - 56K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

Spyro?

edited December 1969

Perhaps Mark sees himself as a purple dragon.

Spyro_the_Dragon_(character).JPG
    256 x 312 - 77K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

She came back last night.

I woke up to a feeling of pain in my fingers, wrists and elbows; it was like my joints and tendons had gone all stiff and achy, and I felt the cold and clammy breeze on my skin. I winced, and flexed my fingers for a couple of times to warm them up, then I heard the sound from outdoors.

I slipped on my t-shirt, and sneaked to the balcony, feeling the cool wooden slats against my bare feet, and chill wind touching my unclad thighs.

She was there, swinging a baseball bat, with burning fury in her multicolored eyes. She hit a tree, and it began to waver, drop some of the leaves to the ground. She kicked it, and the formerly green leaves turned yellow, red and orange. Her fist pummeled it again, and some of the leaves turned crispy light brown. Then she looked up, and stopped her tree-mugging operation. A lit cigarette dangled from the corner of her mouth, and she regarded me, standing on the balcony.

"Oh ya again. The Summer-lover, huh." she snarked and took the cigarette away long enough to spit on the ground. "Feeling older again, eh?" She had a smug smile on her face, which irked me badly enough to retaliate back somehow.

"Yes. There's no escape from old age." I noted back with a blase, weary tone. I leaned forward and propped my elbows on the balcony's railing, cheek to my palm. "There are four of you, aren't there."

"Yeah? What's that ta ya, mortal?" she sneered and flicked the cigarette away. Where it landed, a circle of mushrooms sprouted up.

"Mmm. Just thinking aloud. First it is Spring, then it is Summer, then it is Autumn, and finally Winter." I looked at her; the punk mohawk hair in red, yellow and orange wavered in wind, much like remnants of harvest sticking out of bare ground.

"Yea? Get to the point already, sweet ****ing Gaia. I may be immortal, but I ain't got time for this bull****."

"Well, consider where you are. Spring arrives sometime around mid- to early April, departs late May. Two months. We then get Summer, which lasts 'till late August. Three months. Then you show up, and linger around 'till late October, maybe mid-November. Two... two and half months."

She lighted up a new cigarette, and the air was once again full of smell of burning leaves. "Yes. That's me, all right." Self-satisfaction was back to her voice.

"And then we get Winter, who sometimes arrives in October, sometimes in November, and that lasts 'till early April. Let's say mid-November for fairness. So... half-November, December, January, February, March. Four and half months."

"And, and, and?" She rolled her hand, urging me to get on with it; she was a busy woman, she claimed, and had no time for this, but still had enough ego to stick around.

I looked down at her, deep into her eyes; they were still colorful, less blazing. "What I'm thinking is this: you stroll in September, all full of fury, and paint the world to your liking. Go kicking the trees, shake down the leaves, scream and curse until it rains cold, bitter droplets, raise fog from the lakes. Then, come October, and there are still trees to kick, but things are getting more and more bare, less colorful, and you go all moody. Weepy, I should say. And by the time November clocks in, you're practically on your knees, and beg for Winter to finish it." I sniffed the air; the scent was very faint, and far away, but Winter was always lurking behind the corner. Always. "And because she is Winter, merciless and swift, she bites into you until she's the one who reigns."

I could swear that she blanched at this description of events; the burning fury returned to her eyes. I had hit a nerve. "...and?" Her voice was no longer cocky, but uncertain -- she knew I had not finished, that there would be a heavy shoe to drop.

"Now, us mortals are meddlesome beasts. We adapt. And we also destroy." I gestured at the yard in general. "Look at the cars. Look at our need for heating, electricity. You have hear this thing, "climate change", yes?" One of the trimmed and dyed red eyebrows perked up on her face. "We have had couple of winters without Winter." I said helpfully, except I was actually hoping to drive a nail deep in.

"I... I don't get it."

"What I'm saying: if we're unlucky, when November rolls around, Winter won't be here to end your misery. You will carry the burden of Winter as well, unable to do anything but lie in a heap in darkness and begging to be released from the agony of kaamos, until Spring arrives."

She froze like a shallow puddle at night. I could see little wheels ticking in her mind, as a horrified expression began to spread on her face, then she exploded with rage. "**** you! **** you and your kind!" she screamed; I shielded myself with my arms and dropped behind the balcony's railing as she flared her might everywhere. I could smell fresh wood rot infecting my balcony's surface, and only wondered what it would do to me if I had taken that hit straight on. The skies opened, and rain poured down, followed by a dramatic flash of lightning and rumble of thunder.

I remained crouched for a while, then I took a cautious peek at the yard again. The bushes had turned red and then shedded every leaf and berry to the ground where mushrooms of every sort had suddenly blossomed out of the ground, and on the outside, the balcony's white paint had turned grey and peeled off. But Autumn was gone, and my joints ached again, ached for warmth of Summerlands.

edited December 1969

Wow!!! Skikiri, just WOW!!!! :coolsmile: :coolsmile: :coolsmile: :coolsmile: :coolsmile: :coolsmile: :coolsmile: :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

I second that comment.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Lol I am a purple dragon what are you talking about lol! Spyro dragon is awesome haha! But not why I chose the name... Finnigon was last used as my nick name 5 years ago so it don't feel like me. I needed an art avatar name preferably not mark smith since there be millions of that name. So I looked at my art and a character I drew heaps of I named spyro so I figured it'd work for me ;-P

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107
    edited December 1969

I am no longer subscribed to this thread any more.

Had some coffee with breakfast but it was not the best coffee.

edited December 1969

Why you not following your own thread anymore?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

I am subscribed now, but was somehow unsubscribed. Not sure what happened.

How did you change your username?

edited December 1969

PM Richard (admin) and requested name change. Marcus finnigon was just not me anymore lol

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Probably a good idea for everyone to wear shoes in the Common areas as it will help keep downt the spread of things such as athlete's foot.

edited December 1969

Haha I will remember next time lol I just like socks haha

• MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

I don't own "i" anything. No ipods, or ipads...not even a cell phone. :)

edited December 1969

only iClone here, and it dies not have a Mac version ;-P
    Got a Samsung Galaxy Android tablet I am typing this on!
    got a phone (Nokia) as well because I thought I would look like a dickhead with my tablet against my ear! %-P

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Spyro said:
    chohole said:

Lol I am a purple dragon what are you talking about lol! Spyro dragon is awesome haha! But not why I chose the name... Finnigon was last used as my nick name 5 years ago so it don't feel like me. I needed an art avatar name preferably not mark smith since there be millions of that name. So I looked at my art and a character I drew heaps of I named spyro so I figured it'd work for me ;-PTG you did not change the Avatar also, I would have been totally lost.

EDIT: My typing is having a dialysis attack. I can not spell for nothing right now.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Lol nar I wouldn't do that to my dazigan friends lol plus I think the spyro kid has earned my avatar icon. He's like jaderail is to you :)

edited September 2012

And did you know I designed this guy when I was 13 lol! - He (my avatar, Spyro) was inspired by an assignment at school I had to write an original short story. And I never stopped writing it as well as designing for it. Had it not been for this assignment, my extensive art background may never have taken off.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited September 2012

Don't want to go to bed, but too tired to create... Damn stupid work! LOL

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro?

...Gyra?
    edited December 1969

Um, what is Gyra? lol

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

I am subscribed now, but was somehow unsubscribed. Not sure what happened.

How did you change your username?
    ...this happens to me all the time on the Complaints thread.

edited September 2012

Spyro said:
    Um, what is Gyra? lol

...Spyro Gyra is an old Fusion jazz group from the 1970s.

...yah I'm that old school.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited September 2012

They are great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxbAR42jch8&feature=related Although I guess they may not make
    todays hit parade.

Didn't realise they were that long ago though, doesnt't time fly.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WHOOP! There it is!! I'm showing my age as well.

edited September 2012

Muze said:
    I don't own "i" anything. No ipods, or ipads...not even a cell phone. :)

...to me a phone is something with a separate base and handset with bells that ring when someone calls which sits on an end table with a wire that leads to the wall and a rotary dial on it.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

And you can any colour you like, as long as it's black

edited December 1969

...we actually had a "beige" one.

This discussion has been closed.