Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited September 2012

...beware of FF updates.

Had to go back and re-edit my last post to correct a tag error, and every time I tried to submit the edited post, it kept looping me back to the Edit Post window with the original unmodified post in it.

Now that is stupid.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Very annoying too I'd imagine.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

Kyoto, your sigline moto seems very obvious to me in real life but it never ceases to amaze me how many people are fooled by people who smile all the time.
    I have met enough twofaced backstabbers to know different, I never trust people who smile all the time.
    it always seem to take others longer, they have to actually get burnt before they realize that person is not as nice as they appear
    of course many say that if you have low expectations of someone from the outset they will live up to it for you, but I try to look past smiles and for that matter grumpy faces if I can and judge people by their actions because there are a lot of "actors" out there, some are called salespeople and politicians!!!

edited December 1969

Sadly, I know exactly what you mean Wendy.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I totally recommend to read Warren Ellis' comic book called "Transmetropolitan" to know what the term "The Smiler" means...

edited December 1969

lol, I can't imagine what events would occur to explain ablout the smiler. How's todays render project going?

edited December 1969

I just did a commando! ;-P

OneCommando-Spyro.jpg
    1000 x 976 - 381K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    lol, I can't imagine what events would occur to explain ablout the smiler. How's todays render project going?

Waiting for my other-side-of-the-world customer to wake up and give his feedback of the character's appearance and any tweaks I might need to do. Then, if the current appearance passes the muster, I need to do a similar one for gear and armor. I'm pretty certain that I will pass all stages easily.

Good thing is that I got about six detailed scenarios he wants me to do, and I have pretty much everything I need, might need to scrounge up some freebies or Platinum Club/DAZ Original items, though. And I haven't fully decided on what kind of monster should emerge from the river. I originally thought "crocodiles!" but then I went "hmm, no, what about some evil aquatic humanoids" and now I'm going "Bone Dragon!".

edited December 1969

I think both the aquatic humanoids and bone dragon would be awesome. If they coming out of the lake, perhaps the aquatic humanoids would be best. Have you seen harry potter half blood prince... There a scene in that with hundreads of water humanoid golums coming out that is truely memorable... maybe an idea you may like to try :)

edited December 1969

I'm thinking more like some abandoned castle's moat, so bone dragon would work probably the best. Unless something comes up in PA sale (in time) and I can snag something new awesomesauce for it.

edited December 1969

here a screenie, I enhanced it so you can see it in dark lol

PDVD_116.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 645K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'm thinking more like some abandoned castle's moat, so bone dragon would work probably the best. Unless something comes up in PA sale (in time) and I can snag something new awesomesauce for it.

I'm with ya... yeah if its back in the day, a more mythical approach is best

edited December 1969

I'm totally fanging for some new releases for genesis... Nothing new lately has been all that appealing to me :(

edited December 1969

You didn't like the aquatic humanoid pack blondie9999 did? Awwww. It ROCKS. Especially if you combine it with Joequick's freebie Mr. Simian.

edited September 2012

Oh yeah, it's a great product! Just not what I'm after at this period of time. There's heaps of great stuff in the making, and various ones we're told have been completed but daz is just taking forever to release them. I wrote a big spill on that recent genesis request thread. I totally want more in regards to products like genesis evolution. I cant really say I'm all that happy with full body and full head morphs... For me, I feel it restricts creativity and originality. Unfortunately most genesis products have gone this way. I only use full morphs as a base shape, then evolution to create a unique character.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Pretty sure that the next month will be heavily DAZ Original month. :)

edited December 1969

New creature individual features for genesis would be good too, that's what I like about dwarfology, and aquatic humanoid! And totally need elder morphs (Wrinkles/details/shapes), not just displacement/bump maps

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Which means I need a job

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

LOL probebly will be! Hope so! I've been watching daz closely haha!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Which means I need a job

Where are all your renders, I havent seen anything you posted yet?? lol

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Next month is best for members of the PC club. October is always the month when one discovers how stupid it is to not be a PC member

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Skiriki said:

I could use a job too, and not just rendering one... :/ Thankfully, I got a resource pack from weekend's sale, already have some other resource packs, and I have been working on this character morph annnnd I know something about geo-grafting as well, so I might put something interesting for sale... somewhere. Dunno where.

edited December 1969

If I signed up, will the month be started at the start of october and end at start of November OR does it start immediately and end a month from that date... Not sure how that works?? Cos I've been reading the page on that not less than a day ago.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:
    Skiriki said:

I could use a job too, and not just rendering one... :/ Thankfully, I got a resource pack from weekend's sale, already have some other resource packs, and I have been working on this character morph annnnd I know something about geo-grafting as well, so I might put something interesting for sale... somewhere. Dunno where.

WOW that would be really exciting!! Would you go human or non human??

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

AFAIK it is pretty instantaneous. Mind you, as I have been a member forever I am not sure.

Often there are special offers for joining or renewing PC membership associated with the PC anniversary sale, Don't hold me to that though, because having said it they may decide not to do it. :roll: We all know about Murphy and hhis law,

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

So it would be wise to wait and see at the begining of october

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    If I signed up, will the month be started at the start of october and end at start of November OR does it start immediately and end a month from that date... Not sure how that works?? Cos I've been reading the page on that not less than a day ago.

When I signed up to PC in the middle of March Madness, it started right away.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    WOW that would be really exciting!! Would you go human or non human??

Both. I've been kinda hankering to do this half-human half-dragon I once played in a D&D game.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:

When I signed up to PC in the middle of March Madness, it started right away.

Thats good, I like instant buying lol... The wait is painfull sometimes lol. May I ask what the go is with the PC forum and the Gallery? The description page was a little vague

edited December 1969

Gallery is still IIRC non-functional at this point, but members of PC have their own forum section which is not visible unless one is subscribed to PC. It has contests that are PC only, and more (occasionally inane) chatter about this and that.

This discussion has been closed.