Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

New Tank top singlets for genesis!! Damn my craving for genesis stuff!! I need to stop spending not keep spending LOL

edited December 1969

New releases are 50% off, SOOO Tempting!

edited December 1969

I bet they get me to spend all my allocated daz money then release David 5 or something!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    BAWHAHAhahahahaa.... Snort!! Guffaw!! Oh what you said. I'll see you in the tut sections very very soon, I think. You'll see.

It's a great PRG just not what you or I would call simple. Don't hit me Chohole!!! You know I'm still learning.

God! I know what you mean now... I cant even work out how to set the view port to view smooth shaded with textures!!!

edited December 1969

I'm going back to 3d max for this project I think. Ill learn Bryce another day :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Blarrr! I have slept four hours and I just came back from the weekly grocery spree. My re-render is still going on, so I think I'll hit the hay again and sleep some more!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107
    edited December 1969

I wonder if I will get paid in time to get some stuff for my genesis in the catchup sale

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited September 2012

Jaderail said:
    All Hallows Eve (October 31rst) is very important to us Pagans. Check Ivy's Art studio thread (Spooky Creepy...), you'll soon see what I mean.

since it is an American thing, I assumed it had something to to with voodoo and Cajan stuff but really did not know much about it untill the commercial side of things started to kick in
    like Valentines day, my mum only learnt of that when I was born on Feb14

It is not actually a American thing Wendy its originated in Europe by the Celtics.it was much different back when then it is today. because it had started in the dark ages and people where scare of their own shadows back then

Though "We" Americans have Commercialized Halloween big time with Tick or treat and Halloween parties etc.
    I am Asatru a very old Nordic pagan faith as a rule we don't celebrate Halloween, but in the last 15 years or so i have become friends with a lot of people who are of the Wiccan Faith( some people call them a witch religion) in our Unitarian church(a church of all faiths and beliefs) and they practice Halloween as "Sam-hain" the day of the dead . its a time when the Vail of life between this world and the other is the thinnest and this is why the Wiccans celebrated. to be closer to loved ones that had passed over. its actually a very beautiful celebration in their faith.

But personally i like Halloween because it gives me a excuse to make ore creepy and scary pictures. :)
    bring on the Zombies :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

To bore everyone and carry on from that Some of those stupid facts that mostly bore people THe Celtic origins of "Halloween"

Samhain (sow-een or sow'-inn)
    Traditional date: October 31 to November 1
    Midpoint between Autumn Equinox and Winter Solstice
    The largest and most important festival
    The beginning of the dark half of the year, exact opposite day of Beltrane
    First Celtic fire festival
    Gaelic "samhraidhreadh" means "summer's end"
    Irish "Samhain" means the month of November
    Celtic New Year's Eve
    Third and final harvest festival
    The day when day (light) does not exist
    Preparation to survive the winter, confront the possibility of death was paramount
    The "Fleadh nan Mairbh" Feast of the Dead to honour the past clan souls
    Celebrates the last harvest, the cycle of life and spirits passed
    Ceremonies involve fire, lights, setting out food and gifts for passing spirits
    All fires are extinquished and relit from the sacred bonfire
    Stories are told around the fires as there is not much to do outside
    The veil between the world (Shield of Skathach) is thin, allowing spirits to cross over
    Evolved to Halloween and All Saints Day

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    To bore everyone and carry on from that Some of those stupid facts that mostly bore people THe Celtic origins of "Halloween"

Samhain (sow-een or sow'-inn)
    Traditional date: October 31 to November 1
    Midpoint between Autumn Equinox and Winter Solstice
    The largest and most important festival
    The beginning of the dark half of the year, exact opposite day of Beltrane
    First Celtic fire festival
    Gaelic "samhraidhreadh" means "summer's end"
    Irish "Samhain" means the month of November
    Celtic New Year's Eve
    Third and final harvest festival
    The day when day (light) does not exist
    Preparation to survive the winter, confront the possibility of death was paramount
    The "Fleadh nan Mairbh" Feast of the Dead to honour the past clan souls
    Celebrates the last harvest, the cycle of life and spirits passed
    Ceremonies involve fire, lights, setting out food and gifts for passing spirits
    All fires are extinquished and relit from the sacred bonfire
    Stories are told around the fires as there is not much to do outside
    The veil between the world (Shield of Skathach) is thin, allowing spirits to cross over
    Evolved to Halloween and All Saints Day

Thanks for the History Lesson Chohole :)
    now watch where your swing that club you don't want to knock the lantern over and star the barn on fire ;)

edited December 1969

Lol, Cho - You should update your avatar and have a little twitching hand pop up from beneith your club HAHA!

edited September 2012

Lol
    When I first posted the image that eventually became my avatar, someone suggested I should be giving people a good handbagging. I couldn't get a handbag to work, Someon then kindly animated the club for me. Not sure if I could ask her to do another.

BTW, I really only use the club to chase hamsters around

hamster_wheel_1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 400K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

your little girl thumping the lollypop might not have had the same effect!!
    (that is how I first knew you btw, the lady with the cute avatar who did the pretty textures)

meanwhile for those who do not mind ripping their eyes out of their sockets and poking skewers in their eardrums, I uploaded this

edited September 2012

You mean my little Welsh girl Wendy, amazing how I aged in sich a short time isn't it. Wouldn't have had quite the same effect, threatening people with a daffodil lol

little_dot_with_daff.png
    600 x 600 - 324K
    new-avatar.jpg
    100 x 100 - 6K
    edited December 1969

very cute cho!

edited December 1969

ah, daffodill, my memory fails again!!

edited December 1969

your little girl thumping the lollypop might not have had the same effect!!
    (that is how I first knew you btw, the lady with the cute avatar who did the pretty textures)

meanwhile for those who do not mind ripping their eyes out of their sockets and poking skewers in their eardrums, I uploaded this

those are getting better Wendy :)

edited December 1969

is Daz blocking my ISP?
    can reach you on my Android but not virginbroadband on my desktop
    can reach other USA sites
    will be a bugger for downloading stuff, would need to use my laptop with my droid as a modem, quicker but not the point!!
    anyway still playing with the GTA meshes

gta_cops.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 655K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

is Daz blocking my ISP?

Or is your ISP blocking DAZ?

There's also a possibility that whatever is going on is a DNS error, and it will be resolved whenever the DNS error goes away.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm doing a stupid Render thing in Ivy's Spooky Creepy Art Studio thread. The really stupid part is it takes all I have to do two renders.
    Four more renders and that should do it for this little mini side project. I hope I can drag up enough energy to do the next two.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm doing a stupid Render thing in Ivy's Spooky Creepy Art Studio thread. The really stupid part is it takes all I have to do two renders.
    Four more renders and that should do it for this little mini side project. I hope I can drag up enough energy to do the next two.

awww you can't stop now your just getting started (evil grin)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    You mean my little Welsh girl Wendy, amazing how I aged in sich a short time isn't it. Wouldn't have had quite the same effect, threatening people with a daffodil lol

...she's a little darling.
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19585433

Cybercriminals have opened a new front in their battle to infect computers with malware - PC production lines.

:shut:

$£@&!! Ok.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

is Daz blocking my ISP?
    can reach you on my Android but not virginbroadband on my desktop
    can reach other USA sites
    will be a bugger for downloading stuff, would need to use my laptop with my droid as a modem, quicker but not the point!!
    anyway still playing with the GTA meshes

Nice render :) May I ask why you removed the SAPD vehicle texture? You know the default black and white paint and its vehicle text? Assuming you're not selling the render, I don't see why copyright would disallow it. You're getting very good with your conversions!!

edited December 1969

that is just how it loaded
    I would have to relook at the game and search through the texture maps to get it right, was unsure which ones to use, there are over 900

edited December 1969

Yeah I can totally understand, It is a huge game, hundreds of cars and then variations! The map alone was massive!!

edited December 1969

I cannot breath through my nose. I have this stupid superstition that I need to breath and my stupid nose is making it hard to breath. My coughing has not improved, though I have been coughing a lot. i have been taking a lot of cough drops though.

Today was my first day at the new Wendy's. The stupid register software is different than the one in Virginia so it confused me. I have to use it in order to become familiar with it so I was told to use the dining room register.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Breathing is highly overrated. Once you've reanimated once, you won't have to worry about such things.

Now, isn't this one big family reunion? You and your aunt.

In any case, missy, you'll probably need this, it's the anti-virus:

5891901739_c21e5c2859_z.jpg
    512 x 640 - 59K
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Better take the Virus after, then the Anti-virus again... You may become superhuman like Alice... Or you may become a Tyrant monster with tenticle hands.

edited December 1969

Breathing is highly overrated. Once you've reanimated once, you won't have to worry about such things.

Now, isn't this one big family reunion? You and your aunt.

In any case, missy, you'll probably need this, it's the anti-virus:

I do not want to be a zombie. I do not want to be a zombie.

My aunt and I? what did I say about an aunt? or was that for someone else?

It is almost time to go to my mum's

This discussion has been closed.