Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ....OK this is so stupid I almost have to have it.

Green Bay Packer Toaster

[clicky]

My mum probably will like that site. That is when she has some extra money.

I rather have something from the state I live in. (Hint, I am in NC) (another hint, panthers)

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    here is something fun. this is a old haunted castle animation I did last year. I hope this will get people in the mood to start creating Halloween pictures :) maybe even inspire to have a Halloween contest :0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O3R5NfzmU0

Hah!! The soundtrack was pretty good, but I imagined this while going down the corridors...

Edit. Yeah, and this is pretty funny (not by me, btw).

Ilike doom..
    I got the sound track for the video from Kevin Mcloeds web site. its call "epic unease"
    I poem the witches rune is a very old pagan poem that I narrated my self : for the Crystie ball.
    I trying to come up with something good this year

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Ivy said:
    here is something fun. this is a old haunted castle animation I did last year. I hope this will get people in the mood to start creating Halloween pictures :) maybe even inspire to have a Halloween contest :0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O3R5NfzmU0

Hah!! The soundtrack was pretty good, but I imagined this while going down the corridors...

Edit. Yeah, and this is pretty funny (not by me, btw).

Ilike doom..
    I got the sound track for the video from Kevin Mcloeds web site. its call "epic unease"
    I poem the witches rune is a very old pagan poem that I narrated my self : for the Crystie ball.
    I trying to come up with something good this year

Well, Luthbel released Chtulu, so you have a shot of driving viewers to Stygian madness, or mirth. :lol:

edited December 1969

I was thinking more along the line of "game of thrones" theme :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm still befuddled why so many users crash with 4.5P and so many just wiz right along. I'm in the wiz range myself. Not one Hiccup as of yet. My PC is good maybe top in the Mid range category but not highend for sure.

Before I get hate mail, YES I know it does Crash on people, I never said that it doesn't. I just think it's odd, that's all.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Drivers and graphics card contributes a lot to it, I gather. When I put my PC together, I went to my favorite store, and laid down DAZ Studio's specs. I said that I want AMD, with ASUS motherboard, a graphics card that can do THIS, exceed the recommendations listed, go as close as possible to best possible while maintaining passive cooling (as I'm sick and tired of GPU fans going nuts), and cram in cores and RAM, I want this rig to last me six+ years. Windows 7 Ultimate, please (I want to mess with my system as much as possible, as that allows easier fixing of problems).

In addition: I do not use Windows' own cache management. I use Outertech's Cacheman 7.5. Prior to switching to Windows 7, I used it in XP, and it contributed to my system's stability so much that I decided to buy a commercial version of it for Windows 7. I have nothing but good words to say about it so far.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm still befuddled why so many users crash with 4.5P and so many just wiz right along. I'm in the wiz range myself. Not one Hiccup as of yet. My PC is good maybe top in the Mid range category but not highend for sure.

Before I get hate mail, YES I know it does Crash on people, I never said that it doesn't. I just think it's odd, that's all.

Yea won't get any hating from me. some people love it and other hate it. pretty much true with everything in life.
    though I love to see what people can do with daz 4 .. but i am not one that can use it successfully fore what I intend to use it in

I'm just wonder if it matters if the rendering crash happen more during animation or still graphics.
    I hate working all night long on a scene and then have it keep crashing during the render its very madding. and I do still get an occasional crash with poser also.

My only issue i have is genesis and the lack of the ability to animate it with out tons of work, and extra tools and how the auto-fit tools blows the clothes off during the longer renders scenes of the animation process.
    Plus i dunno if they fix this issue but when you add an ani block to genesis it would deform the feet.

So I gave up on it and use what i can work with. I don't be grudge anyone that can use it successfully
    I'm just not one of them that can.
    Bring on the Halloween Renders :)

edited September 2012

I'm sure your right, I did have 3D in mind when I had this one built, and did make sure it hit all the spec's of my fav programs. But like Ivy I had DS3A in mind at the time, not 4 anything.

EDIT: You beat me with a POST Ivy. I don't animate (yet) so I might hit those problems myself in the future.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I think that DOES make a huge difference. I went in with 4.0 specs in hand, after all, and told to exceed them.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Drivers and graphics card contributes a lot to it, I gather. When I put my PC together, I went to my favorite store, and laid down DAZ Studio's specs. I said that I want AMD, with ASUS motherboard, a graphics card that can do THIS, exceed the recommendations listed, go as close as possible to best possible while maintaining passive cooling (as I'm sick and tired of GPU fans going nuts), and cram in cores and RAM, I want this rig to last me six+ years. Windows 7 Ultimate, please (I want to mess with my system as much as possible, as that allows easier fixing of problems).

In addition: I do not use Windows' own cache management. I use Outertech's Cacheman 7.5. Prior to switching to Windows 7, I used it in XP, and it contributed to my system's stability so much that I decided to buy a commercial version of it for Windows 7. I have nothing but good words to say about it so far.

My computer is well above the Daz program specs. but i still have issues.
    though I am going to check out the Outertech's Cacheman thing you mentioned.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Im the same as Ivy, mines above specs but having alot of trouble with large scenes in daz. 3ds max has had scenes i made elephant to cat size in comparison to the scene in daz and no lagging.

edited December 1969

But I wont complain... (this isnt the complaint thread lol) I love daz for it's figures!

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    My computer is well above the Daz program specs. but i still have issues.
    though I am going to check out the Outertech's Cacheman thing you mentioned.

They let you test it for a month so you can figure out if it is what you want. I found it useful enough to buy a lifetime license.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Im the same as Ivy, mines above specs but having alot of trouble with large scenes in daz. 3ds max has had scenes i made elephant to cat size in comparison to the scene in daz and no lagging.

Are you using Vray for 3ds or Renderman?
    Vrays GPU renders are lighting fast.

3DS is has so many dials and buttons and stuff to play with Man am I lost...*giggles* and i open Maya last night because our next class is using physic and bridging 3ds into Maya. OH BOY! ..lol
    no one told me you had to be a mathematics wizard to use Autodesk. after class my brain hurts.
    and i see numbers in my sleep. lol

edited December 1969

I have used Vray in the past, but I switched to Mentalray... I liked the material and lighting, shaders and preferences better. There is alot of maths envolved, specially in detailed set construction. When you start building staircases and hand raillings from scratch, you'll know exactly what I mean

edited December 1969

Imagin the calculations I did for this set!!

RE_E_HQ.jpg
    800 x 400 - 245K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I have used Vray in the past, but I switched to Mentalray... I liked the material and lighting, shaders and preferences better. There is alot of maths envolved, specially in detailed set construction. When you start building staircases and hand raillings from scratch, you'll know exactly what I mean

Mentalray wasn't offered in my student package of the program. Though they did offer a pixar renderman tractor plugin for rendering. But the teacher wants us to use vray for now which tome has a wicked lot of math in calculating your renders and perimeters.

How hard is Physic going to be?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Imagin the calculations I did for this set!!

yea the lighting alone must have been killer
    edited December 1969

LOL it was, that render was worked on for months. It did my head in soo much I switched between Vray and Mental Ray twice! lol, The glass was my biggest learning curve, It's not your standard glass, infact it's mirrored glass. Behind the glass with the lights you can barely see in.

Physics in terms of difficulty is really hard to say. It depends on if you take in all the information. Wether it clicks in your mind. Alot of my peers in the class dropped out after two years of study! That said, the ones that remained, gained vital experience, and became very tallented at what they do. As I said earlier, hang in there through the tough times, when you progress... 3ds max becomes your best friend in your creative 3d world :)

edited December 1969

Originally in that render the walls behind the lights were stainless steel, that's why the glass was mirrored glass... But I had trouble with the reflections, and render time was through the roof... so the steel wall pannels wore axed. :(

edited December 1969

Render Drop for Ivy.

Title: Boogie Man in Nowhere Land (the nightmare)

Booggy_Man.png
    800 x 1200 - 996K
    edited December 1969

very creepy... I like the glowing irises :)

edited December 1969

Ivy - Are you doing lots of tutorials in class?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    LOL it was, that render was worked on for months. It did my head in soo much I switched between Vray and Mental Ray twice! lol, The glass was my biggest learning curve, It's not your standard glass, infact it's mirrored glass. Behind the glass with the lights you can barely see in.

Physics in terms of difficulty is really hard to say. It depends on if you take in all the information. Wether it clicks in your mind. Alot of my peers in the class dropped out after two years of study! That said, the ones that remained, gained vital experience, and became very tallented at what they do. As I said earlier, hang in there through the tough times, when you progress... 3ds max becomes your best friend in your creative 3d world :)

I am hoping that is will help in my job. I can see why there is a high drop out rate though.. but after dropping over $6500 for this class including programs I'm not going anywhere..lol

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Originally in that render the walls behind the lights were stainless steel, that's why the glass was mirrored glass... But I had trouble with the reflections, and render time was through the roof... so the steel wall pannels wore axed. :(

it is fantastic work .. i hope i can achive that with my programs

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Render Drop for Ivy.

Title: Boogie Man in Nowhere Land (the nightmare)

I love Zombies.. awesome render.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Ivy - Are you doing lots of tutorials in class?

I am not very good at giving tutorials though I do bring my zoom mp3 recorder which allows me to record up to 4 hours . which i take to class with me so I may use that in the future for some tutorials.

edited December 1969

Well I got the word, I got to go into work for a few hours I just got called in. so I hope i see some more Halloween renders when i get back

take care you all

edited December 1969

Bye Ivy, have a good one :cheese: And for what it's worth, I think youll do great in your class. You seem very motivated and that's a great thing! :)

edited December 1969

WELL... I think I'm gonna go play skyrim and assassin's creed for some 3d inspiration. I think I want to observe the environments as I might do some work in 3ds max and build a version 2 set for my jungle village render. I'm thinking some low polly objects for the background and what not might just improve my render time as well as user interface lagging on daz. Plus I could build even better village!

This discussion has been closed.