Off Topic Thread #2

Comments

• Dartanbeck said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I want to but am way over my 3D budget, it's definitely something I will buy one day

Same here. I keep watering where my money used to be... but nothing's growing!

I had to buy flea treatment and litter, well over $100 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,794
    edited September 2023

Bunyip02 said:

Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Alberto is at it again

more DAZ studio goodies

(looks way better than that Sim Tenero shape thing nobody could share any results of)

Looks good !!! I had the SimTenero shape thing on my wishlist - will swap over !

Bought - won't have time to play until the weekend !!! https://www.daz3d.com/proteus-level-set-morphing

First Try - Beever

Proteus Beever 1b.png
    673 x 641 - 1M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,236

Scary!

Dartanbeck said:

Scary!

Mwahahaha !!! devil

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited October 2023

I wish Arkansas would switch to celsius also.  

weekly world news texas switch to celcius.png
    317 x 406 - 143K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

Diomede said:

I wish Arkansas would switch to celsius also.  

And it worked.  The high here in my Houston suburb will be in the mid-70's (F) today.  The normal high is 86F, the record 94F.  yes

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

been over two years since Mistara has been to the forum...

She is still listed as a Platinum Club Member.. frown

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,912

I cannot do my tax online, errors, puts wrong income total in spite of me adding

I won't need to pay tax as did not earn enough but they will fine me for filling it out wrong

where is a paper form and a group certificate where you just need a pen

WendyLuvsCatz said:

It's been a while and I don't recall the details, but my wife downlods the forms online and prints them.  A serach like "IRS tax forms"?

edited October 2023

Steve K said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

It's been a while and I don't recall the details, but my wife downlods the forms online and prints them.  A serach like "IRS tax forms"?

Australian

and yes I can pick up a paper form probably at a newsagent or post office but the [horrid people] from the Superannuation my source of income, never sent me a group certificate so I would need to chase that up, it should have been automatically filled in as linked, other years has been and I even got a paper group certificate mailed to me too.

I sort of submitted it now manually adding the details which it kept rejecting as apparently has a record already but was not showing me it and I had to run some "tool" which automatically submitted it and wiped off everything I entered, so yeah technology is wonderful, I may ask for an extension (needs to be done by end of month) saying I probably need to amend it because right now you cannot get to speak to a human as they are swamped.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Steve K said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Australian

and yes I can pick up a paper form probably at a newsagent or post office but the [horrid people] from the Superannuation my source of income, never sent me a group certificate so I would need to chase that up, it should have been automatically filled in as linked, other years has been and I even got a paper group certificate mailed to me too.

I sort of submitted it now manually adding the details which it kept rejecting as apparently has a record already but was not showing me it and I had to run some "tool" which automatically submitted it and wiped off everything I entered, so yeah technology is wonderful, I may ask for an extension (needs to be done by end of month) saying I probably need to amend it because right now you cannot get to speak to a human as they are swamped.

Ah, more complicated than I realized.  Even when we get the US forms it's a headache, the instructions have us going in circles it seems like.  "Qualified dividends"?  "Alternative Minimum Tax" (A whole separate worksheet)?  Reminds me of a great commercial (parody?) for Kraft products (cheese and many others) decades ago.  It was a series of a tabletop spread with Kraft products and a pair of hands making a recipe.  The voice over instructions got more an more confusing, leading to directions like "Take the cherry pits and put them into the olives.  Take the olive pits and ... "  The hands would start shaking ... crying

That sucks, Wendy.  Hope you can get it sorted out soon.  Ouch.

Diomede said:

That sucks, Wendy.  Hope you can get it sorted out soon.  Ouch.

+1 Wendy! Poor kid!

well more frustrating than anything 

I doubt I am alone considering the heavy traffic help is experiencing 

Adobe PSE2024 has been released for anyone interested  yes

My computer is losing commnication with my keyboard and mouse.  Bluetooth.  Have changed out the batteries for both the mouse and the keyboard.  Have changed input slots for the doohicky.  Still occasional problems.  crying

edited October 2023

In device manager try unticking the option for Bluetooth to doze off... I'm on my iPad so not sure of the exact wording wink

edited to add image

Screenshot 2023-10-25 104043.png
    781 x 568 - 70K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Good songs get covered by many good bands, e.g. The Beatles covered "Twist and Shout" by The Isley Brothers (a good move I might add).  The1961 song "Hello, Mary Lou" by Ricky Nelson (actually itself a cover) got covered by The Statler Brothers, Creedence Clearwater, Queen, and ... Led Zeppelin (it's all on YouTube).  This is partly due to a memorable guitar solo by James Burton which Queen guitarist Brian May bowed down to, literally in one video.  Still, if I had written that song, I'd say, "Mom, c'mon ... Led Zep!"  cheeky

edited November 2023

the strangest cover I have ever heard is Steel Eye Span's all around my Hat covered by Status Quo

original

cover

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

How about really cool and modernized?

Cover

Original (and will always be the Best - forever)

This song, when it came out, quickly became my favorite and most played song - on guitar, on drums, on bass and in my stereo

Years later I found out it was a cover of this

Speaking of weird covers (note especially Ron Wood on pedal steel):

The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts opened recently.  Is across the street from my condo.  Am looking forward to appreciating some non-computer art (and some computer art also).

https://arkmfa.org/visit/

• Diomede said:

The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts opened recently.  Is across the street from my condo.  Am looking forward to appreciating some non-computer art (and some computer art also).

you realise you just Doxxed yourself and now all those local Carrara fans are going to hang out and try and corner you to pick your brains cheeky

edited November 2023

Diomede said:

is yours the one with all the flowers hanging over the railing? devil 

we know you haven't got a car so it must be  the one with the pushbike hanging on the railings yes

Post edited by Stezza on
  • gawd I listened to the radio today like a primitive cheeky

Optus finally found the plug and plugged it in

Argh, I just retired from my rock band.

Animating makes me so happy that I smile everywhere I go. Ask evilproducer, he knows. 

But now there's this looming bit of deep, dark depression. I knowe it was the right decision, but.... sigh

• better to go out on a high than fade away

hope you start feeling better as you get back into 3D animation heart

Thanks Sis. heart

WendyLuvsCatz said:

better to go out on a high than fade away

hope you start feeling better as you get back into 3D animation heart

+1 yes