Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

19495969798100»

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,001

Thanks NGartplay

• Teobaldo - I agree with the others.  Beautiful works.

Mermaid - beautiful too these greens ...

Thanks Yellow Pen

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,124
    edited September 2023

A self made terrain with a material from Gritstone Hills. The trees are self made, the bushes are from Vegetation. The biggest building was made by David Brinnen in Wings3D (in 2005 for Round Robin 5, see https://www.horo.ch/nibor/), and from it the smaller ones were derived. Ambient light by the Simplon HDRI and the sun is from the Space Construction Kit. The clouds are from Object Clouds 2D & 3D.

Strange Hamlet

StrangeHamlet.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 168K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited September 2023

Wow a fantastic scene Horo beautifully lit. I visit the Nibor section often to get ideas about making scenes, although I normally start with one of the source files. Great projects you and David worked on.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,102

Horo : a superb scene, excellent lighting, great addition of the buildings.

Interesting "nibo" site, nice to see the evolution of the different scenes until the result.

mermaid and adbc - thank you. Nibor is inverse of Robin, if you remember round robins to talk to others first via reel and later cassette tapes. David and I did this to create renders together in the Bryce 5, 5.5 and 6.0 times.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,838

Horo, wonderful fantasy looking scene.  Love the lighting in this.

Thank you NGartplay.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

adbc: A cool "Modern Venice". Great greebles and mats!

Teobaldo: Great "brownie islands" with a dramatic sky.

Mermaid: Great nested crystalline structure. Interesting comparison with and w/o the soccer ball object.

Horo: That's a slighty spooky place. Great composition and trees.

Thanks Hubert

Thank you hubert.

edited September 2023

hubert : thank you.

a planet lit with fire, a 2D object for the vortex (based on picture at vecteezy by Muhammad Waseem), HDRI sky

Post edited by adbc on
    edited September 2023

That looks excellent, very beautifully done fire planet, adbc.

Post edited by Horo on
  • I recently bought Bryce and learned about the forums, and I've been following tutorials and such. I'm in love with the sort of vaporwave and liminal style that Bryce can create, so here's my first ever render! There's probably a lot I could improve, and I don't have the time to do a proper render at the highest settings, so this is a premium effects preview render I made. Do tell me how I could improve it! And also how to render faster cause wow does it take ages.

(I think this is the right place to put this, do tell me if I'm wrong, I haven't used forums in a while)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Bryce3D/comments/16brb91/my_first_bryce_render_been_absolutely_loving_the/
    Ok, been trying to upload the image for a few days now without any success so I'll just link to the post on the Bryce3D subreddit, sorry!

I'm having trouble seeing your image adbc

Adbc - I also can't see your image

Rockhound435 - Welcome to the Bryce Forum, your 1st render is awesome, well done.

rockhound435 - welcome to this forum and Bryce. We are all here to help each other.

adbc - unfortunately, your fire planet disappeared, I cannot see it anymore crying

• IMyriadIIMyriadI Posts: 2
    edited September 2023

mermaid010 - Thank you! I'm still learning all the ins and outs of Bryce (thank you that big tutorial playlist on youtube), I'll probably not use the volumetric world setting in the future, it makes the render times exceedingly long.

Horo - Pleasure to be here! :D

(edit: changed my username cause I evidently forgot too when I made this account lol)

Post edited by IMyriadI on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Has it been so long? Sorry for not responding (again). To many things happening.

Of course, there are great terrains by Horo and weird sci-fi and beautiful fantasy city renders too. Also beautiful abstracts by Mermaid and adbc. Scary big rats in an inundated city by adbc too. Nice works by Teobaldo too.
    Keep up the good work!

And, no, I also do not see adbc's latest.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Here are some abstracts again. This is all I have time for now: quick changes of some form and location and light and let's render. Both abstracts made with total internal reflection. The first one uses the same object as my previous crystal render, but a different look, lights, etc. The second one is inside the soccer ball that Mermaid also used. Also with total internal reflection.

edited September 2023

Thank you Myrad.

Hansmar - thank you. Two very nice abstracts.

Somewhat inspired by mermaid's green soccer ball diamonds. Two soccer balls in the world centre, one within the other, the camera is within the outer one and looks at the inner one, which has an HDRI inside for the light and colours. The HDRI colours penetrate the outer ball a bit. Rendered with depth of field (DOF).

Abstract Soccer

AbstractSoccer.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 198K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited September 2023

Hansmar – thanks, two  superb abstracts

Horo – the ball abstract is superb too, nice Dof effect.

As we get older we have some good days and bad ones; during my bad days I browse the forum mainly the previous “Show us Your Bryce Renders Threads.” It lifts my mood but I feel sad too, there was a time this forum was very active. I miss the old days and David, Dave and Slepalex, Marco, Jamie, Art, Fishtale, Rolands, Rareth, GussNemo, Tim82, Jay and the list goes on and on,

The terrains are from Slepalex, the material and lighting from the Terrain Stacking (available at Bryce-tutorials) and the plants from the Vegetation pack.

arid-reg.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 955K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - thank you. Beautiful landscape. Oh yes, I fully agree with you, we miss so many active users of this Bryce forum.

Thanks Horo

The fire planet : is back, uploaded via imgur, hope it does not disappear again !

IMyriadl : awesome first render.

Hansmar : thank you, Fantastic abstracts.

Horo : your abstract soccer ball looks great, beautiful colours.

mermaid : beautiful realistic landscapes. Yes we miss those active users a lot.

adbc - Thank you - and yes, it's back.

Adbc fantastic planet lit but fire, thanks for the comment.

Hansmar, beautiful abstracts.  Really like both of them.

Horo, the middle gem looks like I could pick it up.

mermaid, lovely landscape.  I like the addition of the plants.  I also agree that it's sad that the forum is not as active.  There's not enough new people picking up the software, imo.  So many other choices.

edited September 2023

Thank you NGartplay.

-------------------------------------

Fresh fields and pastures new https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/649451/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-13

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.