Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,758

Horo, Fantastic abstract. The models are very well presented. I think I don’t know what a shadow capture disk is, but then I do not own the Hyper Textures Expansion set. The terrain is marvellous, as always, great sky too. The render of the Walled City by Stonemason is very well done, specifically the light. I do have the feeling that (maybe) some people are a bit big compared to the buildings.

Retro3DCG, your render is a great mixture of terrain and abstract. Wonderful colours.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,104

Horo : superb coloured, reflective dragon. 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,135

Hansmar - thank you. Ah yes, proportions are my problem (unfortunately not the only one). A shadow capture disk is a disk that gets slowly transparent toward the edges, transparency is controlled by a circular texture.

adbc - thank you.

edited July 2022

The terrain was self made and given a material from High Resolution Terrains 4. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Sunless HDRI Skies. The biplane Roter Drache (Red Dragon) is a gift by Drachenlords.

Flight over Peaks

FlightOverPeaks.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 231K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,008

Horo - another beautiful render, perfect materials and lighting.

Horo : I totally agree with mermaid.

Thank you mermaid and adbc.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo:
    - Great Scifi scene with the "Brinnen Ship". I like its barren terrain.
    - Cool urban sceen with a sorta desolate mood. The sole tree could possibly need "a happy little friend", to quote Bob Ross. ;)
    - Your put the "Red Dragon" biplane well into scene. Great terrain work and moody atmosphere.

Retro3DCG: Cool animations!

Thank you hubert.

edited July 2022

Playing with spheres and tori again, lighting from the Landscapes under Fantastic Skies, the second is viewed thru the GWL. The material is the mirror from the presets.

abstract-spheres-tori.jpg
    600 x 600 - 412K
    abstract-spheres-torii-gwl.jpg
    600 x 600 - 331K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid : great abstracts, beautiful colours.

Thanks Adbc

edited July 2022

memaid - both abstract are great, the "close-up" one and the one showing the object complete.

Since I haven't remembered the train from drachenlords (see 53rd Bryce Render Challenge! page 2), a generous gift, I used it so that I don't forget it anymore. The render is based on the one I made with the MAE & WEST by Ali and Bea from the Bryce 7 Content Bundle 1, (see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/351546/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-11/p97#Comment_7039216). I had to make the hall a bit longer and change the HDRI.

Exhibition

Exhibition.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 221K
    Post edited by Horo on

Excellent render of Drachenlords' train Horo, thanks for the comment.

Thank you mermaid.

Horo, another wonderful terrain render. And the train render is also very good.

Mermaid, two great abstracts. I like the first one best, because it leave more to guess what it is. But very good use of the HDRI!

Thanks Hansmar

Thank you Hansmar.

Horo : wonderful render with the train.

Thank you adbc.

edited July 2022

I modified an abstract to create this render. Used two fuzzy reflecting cones and a negative light for the effects. I used a rather wide view camera.

chaotic space2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 878K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - very nicely done.

Love the vibrant colors Hansmar, awesome render.

edited July 2022

Horo, mermaid, Thank you.

With the same scene, but different skies, textures, camerapositions, location and rotation of the cones and changes in the additional light used totally different renders can be made. See here some examples.

chaotic space3.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 754K
    chaotic space4.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 550K
    chaotic space5.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 374K
    chaotic space6.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M

Hansmar : wow, all those abstracts are really great.

Hansmar - amazing abstracts, difficult to decide which one I like best.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

mermaid: Cool blue abstracts with a fractal appearance.

Horo: You put drachenlord's train well into scene.

Hansmar: Your red abstract is psychedelic. Cool and quite different results from its variations!

Thank you hubert.

Thanks, adbc, Horo and hubert. I also cannot choose which one I like best.

edited July 2022

Two more renders. One is a re-render, with rather different settings for sky and textures and slight changes to camera position and terrain height, of an earlier render. That was was winter, this one is not so cold. The texture on part of the terrains is not a terain texture, but one of David Brinnens more tech-textures. Do not blame me for the dirt on the camera, because that is caused by a dirt filter by Horo. The second one is yet another abstract based on the earlier set-up. But I modified the spheres into pyramids.

SteveLareau_scape5_2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 835K
    chaotic space8.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 670K
This discussion has been closed.