Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited July 2022

mermaid, adbc: Done! With "surbrycing" results. Not what I had actually planned for... but imo "acceptable". ;)

It's sorta "Minimalism Hubism": Only 1 Torus, 1 Cube, 1 Light and 1 bitmap. (The bitmap texture used for the torus' bump channel. The 2nd scene has a greyish Sky Dome Color.)

I was amazed by the intricate details by using only 2 objects.

Here is the preview:
    ABS18-Torus-128-Hubism_2022-07-03_preview

You can download both BR4 workfiles here (as a 10kB ZIP with two BR4 files, no readme. Tested in Bryce7.):
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/bryce4/ABS18-Torus-128-Hubism_2022-07-03_(BR4-Files).zip

Have fun. :)

Post edited by hubert on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,135
    edited July 2022

Thank you Past as Future.

hubert - both are amazingly amazing.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Retro3DCGRetro3DCG Posts: 12

Horo - great vibe from that flower field!

A fascinating thing about Bryce is how you can get complex patterns out of refraction and/or glass materials applied to super basic geometry, when you get curious about interesting potential camera placement... 

So I put the camera inside a 100% reflective Cone primitive (with a noise-generated bump map) that is stretched out to form a super long spike, and squashed a bit on one other axis.

By default nothing much interesting renders except darkness but by adding a bit of Haze to the scene I ended up getting this explosion looking thing (attached).

Currently working with animating it to actually look like a build-up/flash/falloff , but I find Bryce's animation tools extremely limited and quite frustrating to deal with...

boom_hd_0103.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,008

Wow Hubert one amazing result, truly fascinating work.  I noticed from your previous work that you use bitmaps to get amazing materials. Thanks for sharing the file.

Retro3DCG - I agree Bryce is an amazing software, and so versatile, nice work..

edited July 2022

Retro3DCG - thank you. Bryce has indeed great transparency and refraction options that can give interesting results. Refraction below 100 (i.e. < 1 = air) is a particularly cool option, though physically impossible. Your render gives the impression to race at super high speed through the air.

Three self made terrains with a material from High Resolution Terrains 4, the water got the material from the same set. Lit by an HDRI (Gasclouds_B10).

Deep Blue Sea

DeepBlueSea.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 194K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 2022

Horo:
    Thanks! Kudos to Bryce to create such unusual ehm "landscapes". Your islands rock. Cool mats and atmosphere!

Retro3DCG:
    Warp9 and beyond!! Great effect and depth. I love the refreshing cool colors.

mermaid:  
    > I noticed from your previous work that you use bitmaps to get amazing materials.
    Yes, whereas it depends on the actual scene. I use bitmaps occasionally for bump, transparency and coloring effects. Not only mere b/w pattern, but sometimes even older colorful Hubisms.

Not to forget Bryce's impressive DTE (Deep Texture Editor) with its endless possibilities.

Here are some older images from DTE experiments:
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/bryce4/Hubisms_Ab16-series_2012-02-26_JPG-previews/index1.html

And here some mixed DTE+Bitmap results:
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/bryce4/Hubisms_Ab16-series_2012-05-01_JPG-previews/index1.html
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/bryce4/Hubisms_Ab16-series_2012-11-04_JPG-previews/index1.html

Always be nice to Bryce! :)
    Hubert

Post edited by hubert on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,104

hubert : brilliant minimalistic scenes, great DTE experiments and results.

Retro3DCG : very nice work.

Horo : Awesome islands scene, love the colours.

• hubert, very interesting and also artistic "hubisms".

Thanks for sharing and display.

edited July 2022

Horo – another amazing render

I had a lovely time last night playing with the files Hubert shared above. Here’s a collage of my renders. The full size images are on my Pinterest Board. The green abstract is view thru the EWL. Thanks Hubert for the files and the links you shared.I changed the Sky Dome color and moved the camera.

https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/abstracts-done-in-bryce-3d/

collage-hubert.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 751K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Thank you hubert and adbc.

mermaid - thank you. Four beautifully done abstracts. The one at lower right is my favorite.

adbc, Past as Future: Thanks! :)

mermaid: Wonderful playing and presentation! Dito Horo, the lower right one is my favorite.

Thanks Horo and Hubert

mermaid : great result on the abstracts, the upper left and the lower right are my favourites.

Thanks Adbc

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,758

When I was away from Bryce on holiday, you all kept working diligently and created several wonderful renders and even showed us some great animations. Too much to comment one by one now, but great works, be it abstract or realistic. Back from holiday, I will start looking into doing some myself again.

And, of course, thanks to all for reactions on my last render.

edited July 2022

An abstract, using only one torus and an HDRI sky, resulting in some kind of web.

abstract9.jpg
    940 x 450 - 94K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc: Cool result! Looks like an entrance to another dimension.

adbc - like a painting, cool abstract with a beautiful result.

edited July 2022

Adbc -  wow awesome abstract, I agree with both Horo and Hubert.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,844

Retro3dcg, I really like the effect on the cube frame image.

Hubert, amazingly intricate designs.  I kept staring at them to see if I could find the original object.

Horo, like how your islands have a water ring around the beach area. 

Mermaid, so beautiful, all of them.  Love the addition of color.

adbc, lovely abstract. At first it was like being inside of a flower but the more I looked the more it seemed to be in space.

hubert, Horo, mermaid, NGartplay : thank you for your kind comment.

edited July 2022

Thanks NGartplay

The terrain and materials from the Hi-Res set 1 and lighting from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies.

barrenmountain-fan.jpg
    900 x 600 - 353K

Looks really great, mermaid.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,758
    edited July 2022

adbc, wonderful abstract, lovely colours.

Mermaid, Terrain and sky look very good.

I made two renders using the Gritstone Hill number 3. I modified the position of the hill, the light and the texture of the water in the first one and made further modificationsm, including a substantial position change, other texture and other HDRI (all from David Brinnen and Horo), with some changes.

Gritstonehills3_HaMa1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 803K
    Gritstonehills3_HaMa2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 886K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • Retro3DCGRetro3DCG Posts: 12

Horo - love the terrain work you did in the three island shot

hubert - I appreciate the kind feedback!  your DTE experiments are awesome, just looked through a bunch

adbc - thanks so much - that web shot looks like it would be fun to play with

mermaid010 - top right is my fave of the abstracts, especially the color combo - really nice job

Hansmar - welcome back. I really like the feeling of depth and distance and scale on that first one you just posted!

NGartplay - thank you for the kind words!

@all - i am currently rendering a 7680x4320 cyberpunky still frame, and due to some use of Volumetric fog materials, it has been taking an expectedly long time.. 24 hours so far.. almost done.. but this got me thinking..  What's the largest resolution render you've done?  It's pretty impressive in my opinion that 20+ year old software (I'm using Bryce 4) can output 8K....

Hansmar - both renders look great, I like the first a bit more.

Retro3DCG - thank you. I sometimes render several 4000 x 2000 with adjusted lighting for each one to combine to a HDRI. Usually I use 1600 wide. I only experimented once wider than 4000 with render to disk. I was not happy with the result. I also experimented with several 4000 wide once and combined them to a bigger size with an external program. I have a tutorial on my website: Raytracing > Tutorials > Bryce > Render > 4000 pixels.

mermaid : beautiful landscape, great sky and terrain material.

Hansmar : Thank you. Two awesome renders, my favourite is also the first one.

Retro3DCG : thank you.

Thanks Horo, Hansmar and Retro3DCG

Hansmar - two beautiful renders

mermaid: A very moody image. Great terrain work and your sky is just gorgeous!

Hansmar: Two calm and serene cenes. The upper one is my favourite.

Retro3DCG: Thanks. I am deeply impressed of Bryce's DTE capabilities!

Horo: Interesting details. Besides, many thanks for your great and very helpful Tutorials! :)

Hubert - thanks

This discussion has been closed.