Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited July 2015

@Horo – beautiful render, lovely lighting

@Art- love your dedication to Horo and David. I can relate to this as I only started enjoying Bryce after viewing their tutorials.

@Tim- another great render

@Hansmar – all your renders are very inspiring

@Dave – great render

@Vivien – thanks

@David – wow the dreamscope effects are so funny, thanks for the link.

@Sandy- nice scene

@Chohole – nice flower lady

@Horo – beautiful model, it’s awesome that it’s made mainly from Bryce primitives.

@Electro-Elvis- lovely scene.

@Dave – your renders are beautiful and the model awesome.

Edited: I'm also having problems with attaching images. I wish we could post images like before, as these forums are all about sharing images/renders.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,892

@dragonfall1221, horo, electro-elvis, mermaid010: Thanks very much!

@Dave Savage: Money looks very good. Maybe you can 3D-print and use it? And your scenes with the tower are really good. The close-ups show this is a very good model, wonderfully mapped as well.

@Horo: The Italian villa (almost a village, I think) also looks marvelous. Would be nice to see it in a real Italian landscape.

@Fishtales Very green hills. With a bit higher frequency and some colour modifications, they would look very good. (I know it was just an upload-test)

@electro-elvis: That is a nice terrace scene. I'm not so sure the depth of view in such a scene really adds a lot.

So, I got so carried away with clouds that I thought I'd visit some up close. But suddenly I found myself far above the clouds, as you can see in my render! I think I even missed Pluto and really got carried away...

whereispluto.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 452K

@Hansmar – lovely render

Trying once again to reposting the surreal scenes, posted a few days ago which were deleted The first- uses the GasClouds A2 Hdri from Horo

In the 2nd one I changed the Yaw of the Hdri and added lights from the IBLg_Rb Hdri using David’s Make an additive background image for example scene 1 version 2  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFFjITEUlHI&feature=youtu.be

surreal05a.jpg
    889 x 525 - 87K
    surreal05b.jpg
    889 x 525 - 99K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

edited July 2015

Still having problems uploading. Tried everything I can think of, including switching off my firewall.

The only way I could upload this image was to upload it to my Gallery, open it in another tab and copy the image location url in to the image url box.

But I cant attach the thumbnail image.

My Gallery

Post edited by StuartB on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited July 2015

The search didn't work, but well, I'm not so worried about that.  Or rather it sort of worked.  But really just didin't.  It worked in the way that you could technically say it worked.  But practically it just doesn't, at all.  I suppose that at some point it will get fixed.  But how are you getting the big pictures?

Here's a little experiment to make a volumetic rain effect.  I'm not sure it works...

jpg
    jpg
    Volume_rain1.jpg
    Volume_rain1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 847K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198

Hi everyone its been some time since I visited.  I am downloading Daz Studio 4.8 can anyone tell me if it has send/exsport to Bryce please  

Chohole said:

nothing like a little light gardening at the weekend. :coolsmirk: wow thats really neat what a great concept

Something new for today :)

Something facinating about this https://dreamscopeapp.com

I had a look at this it is fun ........ there is a lot of  these getting around face book at the moment 

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited July 2015

@Fencepost52: Amazing flowers. I suppose it is a procedural texture and David's grass technique?

Thanks!  Yes, that's exactly it. The techniques in his and Horo's Vegetation product are definitely worth the price of admission.

@Art- love your dedication to Horo and David. I can relate to this as I only started enjoying Bryce after viewing their tutorials.

Thank you.  I've always loved Bryce, but they've really helped me create so many cool things, without their help, it would have never happened.

@DaveSavage:  Some really awesome renders.  Love the coins and the tower models are rendered very well. I like the angles you've used. Very interesting perspectives.

@chohole: Love the "Flowers on the Brain".  I'm a big fan of flowers. 

@Electro-Elvis: Nice cafe scene.  You do quite well with posing.  That's something I haven't spent too much time on and I'm definitely not good at it.

@DavidBrinnen: Neat experiments with the dreamscope app.  The volumetric rain technique looks promising.  I'm not a fortune teller, but I see a volumetric rain tutorial in our future! LOL

@mermaid:  Nice surreal scenes!  My favorite is the one with the red/purple background.

@Horo: Love the Italian Villa.  Creating that model must have taken forever. Always impressed by those who model with Bryce primitives and produce such complex works.

@StuartB: Cute puppy dog render. Is that Noggin's butterfly on the dog's noggin? laugh

@Fishtales: Interesting mountain scene.

@Hansmar: Nice space scene.  You really went "out there", didn't you? smiley

Hi everyone its been some time since I visited.  I am downloading Daz Studio 4.8 can anyone tell me if it has send/exsport to Bryce please  

Yes, the bridge does work. 

Here are some recent grass instancing experiments from me and an interesting effect I've been playing around with.  Almost looks icy or kind of ceramic-y.  Not sure what it is, but I like it. I'm starting to get the hang of instancing things and learning a few tricks, but I think instancing may be the death of me! LOL

GrassCube1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 769K
    Mountain Cube 2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 684K
    GroundGrass2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 833K
    IceStanfordDragon3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 199K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited July 2015

@David

"But how are you getting the big pictures?"

Start a new post and add any comments you are going to add.

Upload the image using the "Attach a file" option below the comments box.

When it's uploaded click on the "Post Comment" button.

When it's posted open the attachment image to full size and right click on the image.

Click on "Copy image location" click the little gear icon on the top right of the comments box

and click "Edit". Then click on the "Image" button above the comments box (right of the flag).

When the popup appears paste the image location URL in to the URL field at the top and click Ok.

Post comment again.

You should then have both images small and large.

Post edited by StuartB on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Thanks for the comments everyone and some more great renders from everyone here.

Hansmar: Out of this world render

Mermaid: Nice and well done for being bothered to re-post after the accidental deletion.

Stuart: Love that dragonfly

David: Rain looks good because it shows light in the dark bits and dark in the light bits... But like the clouds, it loses it's effect at a distance and looks like noise.

Silverdali: Good to see you around, be even better to see some of your beautiful renders again

Fencepost: Great use of Instance Lab... I especially think you got excellent results from the last 2 pics.

I'm still playing with that tower and that lead me to get the Dry Jack houses out again.

NewVillage.jpg
    975 x 975 - 341K
    OldeStreet.jpg
    975 x 975 - 578K
    OldeStreetNight.jpg
    975 x 975 - 382K
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184

Cholole - Silly me, I'm one of those people that was confusing the length of the page in the new forum. Thanks for clarifying. And also, I like the flower lady and her earings

Fishtale - Thanks for the elves info.

David - Interesting cloud images using Dreamscope. And great experiment with volumetric rain effect. Hopefully the tutorial will follow.

Horo - Beautiful scene.  That's Bryce modelling at its best.

Electro-Elvis - Nice looking cafe scene

Dave - What a great tower model. I really like the way you used it. And incorporating the Dry Jack house

Hansmar - Very nice space scene

Mermaid -  Lovely gas clouds

Stuart - So cute.  He seems to be really looking at the dragonfly

Fencepost - Great renders.. Your grass instancing looks so real.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    vivien1 said:

Fishtale - Thanks for the elves info.

You're welcome yes 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited July 2015

@Electro-Elvis - thank you.

@David - funny results from dreamscope. Volumetric rain effect looks nice but I remember a comment from you on bryce5.com (19. June 2014) telling me that rain is not white. Photographing rain is very difficult. It's water, it's transparent and difficult to see. Light is critical.

@Dave - tower renders look great. The model is very detailed; the village as well.

@mermaid - thank you. Yes indeed, Alan Armstrong is a very gifted Bryce modeler. Your Surreal05a and b look great.

@Hansmar - thank you. Well, it is not at the bank of the river Po but in the middle of the Rhone river. Very nice space scene from you. It's sometimes quite good to get carried away.

@Stuart - very nice. The eyes of the dog are excellently set to look at the dragonfly.

@Sylverdali - great to see you back, I'm looking forward to see your artwork again.

@Fencepost - thank you, Art. Your grass and vegetation work looks excellent.

The Chimney Bug is seldom but very dangerous. The model is by MatCreator and rendered with a variant of the Fluorescent Edge method by David. The backdrop HDRI is WpH14 providing also some negative specularity. Rendered with a wee bit of DOF to blur the edge of the ground plane in the distance and also to be able to use full IBL background DOF to blur the HDRI a bit, blurry transmissions were needed anyway for the effect. Rendered with 144 rpp.

Chmney Bug

ChimneyBug.jpg
    800 x 525 - 62K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Some really nice images here again, as usual.

People really do like Bryce. Athough sometimes it can be a bit of a love hate relationship.:)

Stuart-love the render. Thanks for the info about posting images, which has now become such a chore.  frown

David – nice experiment with the rain.

Art- Thanks. The grass is awesome. The Instancing Lab and I are not friends yet. The dragon render is nice.

Dave – Thanks. Another set of lovely renders.

Vivien – Thanks

Horo- Thanks, your render is very nice.

Thanks Mermaid.

I've edited the image posting instructions I posted earlier, which were given to me by Chohole originally (thank you Chohole).

I forgot to add the bit about clicking on the little gear icon and then on Edit.

Sorry about that.

Just been trying to upload another image, without success again.

I use Ghostery to block websites that track you when visiting.

I thought it may be that blocking my images from being uploaded.

So I disabled it and nothing changed, I still can not upload images the normal way.

After I disabled it and refreshed the page I got an enormous list of 20 trackers that Daz uses.

Until the forum changed to the new layout it was nothing like that amount, 3 or 4 normally.

Why does Daz need so many trackers following us all the time.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

@Fencepost52 : Hello Art! You've really done a great job with instancing grass! Your renders are looking like photographs. Fullmarks!

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited July 2015
    Here are some recent grass instancing experiments from me and an interesting effect I've been playing around with.  

Fencepost52, Very good work with instancing.

Post edited by Slepalex on

Thanks Stuart for editing your post on adding images.

I'm also having problems uploading an image today.

I tried to link the image from my Pinterest account, thinking it will work like how you attached an image using the gallery link, no luck.

I could be doing something wrong. frown

Anyway I will leave posting images for a few days.

@mermaid010.

The image I posted above about all the trackers was an image I uploaded to my Photobucket account, copying the direct link for the image worked ok here.

Just click on the Image icon next to the Flag and paste the Direct image link from Photobucket in to the URL field.

Photobucket is free. When you upload an image you get a list of different links to choose depending on how and where you want to share/post/send the image.

edited July 2015

@mermaid - thank you.

@Stuart - yes, this forum spreads it's tentacles far. I have the Lightbeam Plugin for FireFox installed and was shocked to see how generous our data are distributed.

Another experiment with transparency and massive visible light. The Armadillo is from the Stanford Scanning Repository.

Sprayed Light

SprayedLight.jpg
    800 x 520 - 50K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited July 2015
    StuartB said:

@mermaid010.

The image I posted above about all the trackers was an image I uploaded to my Photobucket account, copying the direct link for the image worked ok here.

Just click on the Image icon next to the Flag and paste the Direct image link from Photobucket in to the URL field.

Photobucket is free. When you upload an image you get a list of different links to choose depending on how and where you want to share/post/send the image.

Thanks Stuart. I had a Photobucket account then switched to Pinterest as it is more fun to use. I have most of my Bryce renders uploaded there in different boards. 

I still can't upload images. I will wait a day or two. 

Horo - another beautiful render. smiley

ETA: the Pinterest links don't work because the links don't show the file type.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited July 2015

Rather than in rain, underwater...

And thanks StuartB for the guide on biggerating the image.

Deepwater4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 797K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

That's impressive David.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

And thanks StuartB for the guide on biggerating the image.

I think you'll find the correct term is embigenning. laugh

And that's either a great render or you've gone down too far with that ditch you've been digging.

edited July 2015

Thank you Fishtales, Dave... Embigenning... yes... that's the word of course!  And who'd think English was my first language?  Indeed my only language?

Midwater2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 954K

@mermaid - thank you.

@David - both are spot on.

This discussion has been closed.