Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381

Art - thanks have fun with the Sunless Hdri skies.

Horo - thanks

I also have problems uploading images from time to time. I couldn't upload to the challenge thread.

Regarding Dave's images it is a mystery.  The 1st sceenshot shows that there is an image, this was when I was not logged in. The 2nd shows that there is no image, this was when I was logged in. But I don't see the other two images he posted.

dave1.jpg
    1093 x 570 - 90K
    dave2.jpg
    1093 x 570 - 94K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2015

whereas I see this 

screenshot dave's post.jpg
    799 x 726 - 221K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893
    Chohole said:

whereas I see this 

Now I see it also! 

Me too laugh

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited July 2015

@Art/Fencepost52, render times 5 to 15 minutes, my latest cloud experiments have lead to some understand of how to squeeze a bit more performace out of the system.  Your "Hills are Alive" render looks great.  I'd be happy to see any variations you have rendered.  This is after all the thread for that kind of thing.

@Horo, the split screen looks very good, plausable, this is an effect I've struggled to achieve before.  Your water looks perhaps a little too clear... but I don't have much knowledge to back that up.  Then with a switch to the Armadillo is striking demonstration of Bryce's felxibility and your fertile imagination.

@Dave... you'll have to keep updating that image every day?  The forum didn't show some of your images but they appeared next time I returned.  Mysterious.

@C-ram, such work it should be recongnised, paintings, photo's, whatever - artworks.  I hope your audiance appreciates your skills.

@Mermaid010, you are a render machine, the scenes look great, very nice blending of atmosphers and images.

Had another little noodle with the rain.  Changed the colours and light a bit, added some light anisotropic"sparkle" to the image.  

Volume_rain5.jpg
    850 x 850 - 693K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on

Thanks David more a Bryce Addict. The anisotropic"sparkle" are a nice addition.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

This is doing my head in.

I can upload a new avatar image without any problems,

but still can't upload images using the Attach option.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited July 2015

@David - thank you. The split screen is simple to implement but to get it right is another story, I've been working on it for days. Below version 26 which I think isn't bad. You've at a similar situation with the rain, it appears. Simple to set up but difficult to get it right - though I see improvements.

V26

@Stuart - sorry to hear about your forum attach issues. Have you tried with another browser yet?

UWscene_26.jpg
    800 x 550 - 172K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    @ Mermaid - Fencepost - Horo - David : Thank you for your kind wotds. I think that the audience will have a lot of question on my work, I'll post some photos of my showroom when the time will come. Finally, another render made with Bryce 7. Here the ground dead leaves is made of Bryce trees (trunk and branches are hide). Basically this picture is a tribute to Peder Mørk Mønsted the famous Danish painter who have paint a canvas call "the woodland glade". True ambiance render @ 64 rays per pixel with 4 rays depth.
    2015-07-28 13.21.41.jpg
    970 x 1462 - 1M

@Horo -the overwater/underwater effect is really nice.

@C-ram - another stunning render. Looking forward to seeing the showroom photos.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited July 2015

Ok, with Pam's post, I can see the image, but Dave's original post still shows empty.  For the record, I use Chrome as my browser, but tried with Internet Explorer at home & work and still couldn't see Dave's image.  I thought it might be a browser issue, but I don't think that's the case.

@Art/Fencepost52, render times 5 to 15 minutes, my latest cloud experiments have lead to some understand of how to squeeze a bit more performace out of the system.  Your "Hills are Alive" render looks great.  I'd be happy to see any variations you have rendered.  This is after all the thread for that kind of thing.

That's pretty good on the render times.  You, sir, are definitely pushing the limits and your understanding of Bryce.....which, you've graciously passed along to us, and we're appreciative of that. Thank you for you comments on my renders. 

Horo said:

@Fencepost - thank you. The Chimney Bug got its name from the 6 chimneys it has on top. The over-/underwater has other lose ends as well, the shore is missing and there's a risk of distortions. I'm still workig on it.
    Your landscapes are looking very real. Great work!

Thank you, Horo!  Your most recent over/underwater scene looks nice.  You've got the shore in there and the lighting looks nice. Great job.  It blends well with the HDRI.

Here's a couple of quick renders and the last (to date) of my the Hills Are Alive.  The first is one with David's cloud recipe.  Not sure why, but my clouds always look flat on top. Anyone else experienced this? Is it the camera angle? 

The second is one using one of the settings from his Sunless HDRI Skies product http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-sunless-hdri-skies.  Slightly tweaked and I used a stacked terrain.  I like this one better. Nice product, Horo!

The last is from a different camera angle and adjusted the zoom to capture all of the windmill.  I'm disappointed that I didn't catch the materials on the trunks closest to the camera until after the render because they are looking fake.  Oh well....you live, and learn, and enjoy it anyways because Bryce is fun (except when you hate it! LOL).

MountainScene2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 688K
    MountainScene3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 525K
    The Hills are Alive8.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 2M
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    c-ram said:
    Thank you Fishtales! Here's the flyers for the showroom. I'm making a private view in august the 8. If some of you are in France at this date, you'll be welcome!

I have forwarded this to Marketing, hoping they will be interested.

Hope it goes really well for you.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    Oh! Thank you Chohole! While displaying my picture, I'm going to promote Bryce to the audience. Hoping that someone will be interested to learn the software..

@Art - wow beautiful renders. Nice result with the clouds using David's tutorial, My fav is the last one.smiley

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509

@mermaid010: Thank you!!!

• vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited July 2015

Mermaid - Such nice renders using Horo's Sunless Hdri Skies. They look very real

C-ram - Hope your showing is a great success. And going by the work that you have posted I have no doubt it will be.

David - The rain experiment has really improved with the fine droplets being visible.

Horo - The split screen is certainly coming along. The under is not as crisp as before, much nicer now.  

Art - Wonderful renders. Out of the three, my favourite is number 1, number 2 and number 3

Dave and Stuart - Hope you can both find a solution soon to be able to post.

As for me I haven't tried to post in this forum yet, So I better do it now to see.

I had made the ant's kingdom for the challenge, but changed my mind so I'll share it here.

jpg
    jpg
    ant kingdom.jpg
    Post edited by vivien on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184

No, I guess I'm not able to post either

Vivien, rem,ove the attachment and try attaching it again. Someitmes it doesn't work first time, but will on a 2nd try.

Vivien - thanks. I agree with Chohole sometimes it's 3rd time luck for me, smiley

edited July 2015

Well 3 is a magic number 

• STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59

Really awesome renders,  I have not played with Bryce in a while but decided to do this over the weekend, The clouds are volumetric and the water is a mordor terrain, There is some post work in the water.

edited July 2015

Uploaded this before but just wanted to test my uploading problem. I downloaded and installed Windows 10, did'nt like it, wiped it

and formatted my hard drive and put Windows 7 back on. Reinstalled all my programs again and updated everything.

Just tried to upload a render using the Attach option and it seems to be ok now, finally.

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions along the way.

BMW 3 Series E30 Sedan.jpg
    853 x 428 - 227K
    Post edited by StuartB on
  • STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59

let me try this again, guess the first one did not post.

Solitude.jpg
    1514 x 855 - 812K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

@Stuart - thanks for installing Win 10. You went back to 7. This saves us a lot of time. I was of two minds whether to give it a try or not. I'm glad I didn't. Thank you again.

@STKydd - you see - just start Bryce and you come up with a beautiful render.

edited July 2015

Looks like I spoke too soon. It's not working again today.

I use Firefox as my default browser, which worked fine before the board software upgrade, but I just tried with Internet Explorer (which I hate) and it took 3 attempts

for the uploading to actually show the thumbnail image. Firefox is still showing "Uploading..." after 5 minutes.

So I'm back to square one. I'm convinced it's the board software and not me, especially after a complete reinstall of Windows.

Post edited by StuartB on
    edited July 2015

This post is just to show it must be something on your PC  they are old images  and experimenting to see how many I can add to one post.

choole closed.jpg
    800 x 600 - 240K
    chohole new shoppe copy.jpg
    720 x 540 - 217K
    Blue moon rising.jpg
    692 x 900 - 423K
    bad moon rising.jpg
    900 x 900 - 345K
    Welsh vic smaller.jpg
    456 x 599 - 196K
    welsh rugby fan.jpg
    576 x 768 - 358K
    hillbilly shack try.jpg
    675 x 900 - 287K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited July 2015

@Art/Fencepost52, my clouds are also flat on top and along the base.  To disguise this I often find moving things around helps.  Lifting the slab and increasing the depth of the slab.  Of course as the slab gets taller this increases render time.  Looking in the material lab, it seems that base denisty and fuzzy fuzzy factor have the same action, just that fuzzy factor offers a finder level of control over the effect.  If following the approach outlined here 

Then you might notice if the density is set high then the sides of the clouds become noisy as it is possible to distinguish the outer edges of the cloud that are white sit over the darker grey of the cloud interior.  Alternatively if the density is set down, the edges of the cloud become so soft that the light outer layers merge with the darker interoir and the clouds look undefined around the edges.  This effect can be use to help establish the scale of the clouds, since clouds that are closer to the viewer tend to be softer around the edges.  While "tall" clouds look more sharply defined.  So as a rule of thumb.  The taller the cloud slab you use the higher the density you can use.

Image1.jpg
    412 x 362 - 136K
    Image2.jpg
    703 x 280 - 138K
    Image3.jpg
    672 x 539 - 307K
    Image5.jpg
    855 x 558 - 372K
    Image7.jpg
    768 x 518 - 343K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited July 2015

@At all: Wow! Outstanding pictures. 

This is just a little exercise and a WIP. The shutters are modelled by John Tomkin, the wall texture is by him, too. 

sunbeam.png
    800 x 600 - 898K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Stuart - Beautiful Bmw. Thanks for the info on Win 10 as I was also tempted to update, as the update is "free" for a while anyway.

STKydd - lovely render, the water is awesome

David - thanks for the additional info to Art.

Electro-Elvis - love the rays. did you use a spotlight or cone

Stuart - Beautiful Bmw. Thanks for the info on Win 10 as I was also tempted to update, as the update is "free" for a while anyway.

STKydd - lovely render, the water is awesome

David - thanks for the additional info to Art.

Electro-Elvis - love the rays. did you use a spotlight or cone

My friend BlumBlumShub has just upgraded to WIN10. He says Bryce still works.  That's the important bit.

This discussion has been closed.