2590 x 2800 - 1M
    Nun Bunny 04.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 805K
    Halloween 2022 05.jpg
    2800 x 2100 - 3M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,008
    edited December 2022

Testing out something a bit different. If people prefer full coverage that's cool, I'll turn off a couple of layers and the exposed skins goes away. Or I could just thicken the fur up a bit.

What do you think?

Dalmatian test 02b.jpg
    1110 x 1200 - 521K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

love it

edited December 2022

Dalmatian test C 05.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 1M
    Dalmatian test C 05b.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited December 2022

Dalmatian test C 06.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 1M
    Dalmatian test C 06b.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited January 2023

Dalmatian test C 07.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 1M
    Dalmatian test C 07b.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Black and white ,Liver spotted   nice...

edited January 2023

Alt shot from befor I remebered she needed to be smaller (Hunny I shrunk the bunny).

Nun Bunny posed C 02.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • Just thinking about the black & liver spots & something I've seen in real life. Not sure if it's possible to reproduce on a model, either.

My Dad has a mostly white short hair Chihuahua where the dog's fur has some spots in it, but on his thin tummy fur it's also possible to see he has some black skin spots that do not match any fur spots. That might be interesting to try to do. But there again, it might cause brain ache.

Regards,

Richard

• MonytoMonyto Posts: 19

Ethin said:

Floof test. Kinda works but not really, doesn't look like its a part of her. "sigh" I guess the next thing to try is strand based hair.

Wow, I love this one...it's graceful and sexy at the same time...great for me, have a nice day ;)

Monyto3D said:

Wow, I love this one...it's graceful and sexy at the same time...great for me, have a nice day ;)

Thanks!

richardandtracy said:

Just thinking about the black & liver spots & something I've seen in real life. Not sure if it's possible to reproduce on a model, either.

My Dad has a mostly white short hair Chihuahua where the dog's fur has some spots in it, but on his thin tummy fur it's also possible to see he has some black skin spots that do not match any fur spots. That might be interesting to try to do. But there again, it might cause brain ache.

Regards,

Richard

Yeah, I noticed that while doing my research. It's totally doable, I don't know if it will look right but it won't be hard to try it out, I was just debating weather to take things that far.

Now that the fur is done I really ought to add more detail to the skin anyway, it's lacking a bit.

edited January 2023

Ethin said:

richardandtracy said:

Just thinking about the black & liver spots & something I've seen in real life. Not sure if it's possible to reproduce on a model, either.

Regards,

Richard

Yeah, I noticed that while doing my research. It's totally doable, I don't know if it will look right but it won't be hard to try it out, I was just debating weather to take things that far.

Now that the fur is done I really ought to add more detail to the skin anyway, it's lacking a bit.

Just a proof of concept. 

Belly Spots test.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • Hi all - any tips for getting clothing to fit Micah for H3? I've tried some H3 clothing, some M3 and M4, but nothing seems to fit properly (even H3 clothing is too far forward). I see lots of gallery/promo images with clothing fit properly, but can't figure out what's being used. Any tips?

Thank you!

@msangelfood

Well if you started using D|S within the last 10 years and this is your first time using a Generation 3 figure,  the first tip would be that a lot of Generation 3 clothing does not auto "Fit To"  the figure and needs to be done manually, If you pose the figure and the clothing doesn't pose with the figure then this is the case.

Select the clothing item in the Scene tab, then in the Parameters tab under General select Misc then click the button under Fit To, then choose the figure you want to fit the clothing to from the drop down list.

The second tip would be that there is no "Auto Fit" for figures before Genesis, so if the clothing item was not made for a particular figure D|S can not make it fit that figure. There are some ways around this but I won't bore you with them unless you really want/need to know.

Also Generation 3 clothing some times lacked the same body morphs as the figure and even if they have the morphs they don't always "Auto Fallow" the ones in the figure and would need to be manually adjusted to match the figures active morphs.

• Ethin said:

@msangelfood

Well if you started using D|S within the last 10 years and this is your first time using a Generation 3 figure,  the first tip would be that a lot of Generation 3 clothing does not auto "Fit To"  the figure and needs to be done manually, If you pose the figure and the clothing doesn't pose with the figure then this is the case.

Select the clothing item in the Scene tab, then in the Parameters tab under General select Misc then click the button under Fit To, then choose the figure you want to fit the clothing to from the drop down list.

The second tip would be that there is no "Auto Fit" for figures before Genesis, so if the clothing item was not made for a particular figure D|S can not make it fit that figure. There are some ways around this but I won't bore you with them unless you really want/need to know.

Also Generation 3 clothing some times lacked the same body morphs as the figure and even if they have the morphs they don't always "Auto Fallow" the ones in the figure and would need to be manually adjusted to match the figures active morphs.

Ah, so genesis has spoiled me. I understand. What are the ways around this? I would like to know (I'm always open to learning new things, and would love to do fun setups with these figures).

Thank you!!

edited March 2023

The easiest way to fit clothes to older generations is a paid third party conversion app, As far as I can tell CrossDresser is the only one left, it can convert between at least generations 2-4 and Genesis 1 along with a bunch of other Poser figures.

The other methods are free but take time and a bit of skill.

The pro method: re-rig it for the desired figure. I'm not at that level yet.

My intermediate method: Load the desired figure, then load the clothing you want to fit to that figure. Scale the clothes so its about the right size for the figure and then Fit To the figure. The clothes will be messed up 'cause the bones aren't in the right positions. Then I select the hip (or where ever the rigging starts) and adjust the vertical (Y) position until the neck or crotch are generally at the right height (if it's a skirt I use the curve of the buttocks as the guide). To align sleeves and legs adjust the collar and thigh rotation. Some bones may need their length scaled. At this point I'll use the morphs in the clothes and D-Formers to fix major poke-throughs and then finish up by applying a Smoothing Modifier and using a geo-shell of the figure with it's visibility tuned off as the Collision Item for the Smoothing Modifier. Unfortunately after posing the figure you have to go back and fix more stuff. Doesn't work so great on footwear. Works best with generations 3 and 4, can be done with Genesis but it get a bit dicey (doesn't hold up too well with extreme leg positions). Genesis 3 and 8 items need to be converted to genesis1 or 2 with Auto Fit first before you start in order to get a skeleton closer to that of the older generations.

Sorry for the long winded ramble.

A quick and dirty fitting of a G8M outfit to Aiko3, took 15-30 minutes, not ready for a close up but its passable.

G8M to A3.jpg
    917 x 882 - 287K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You do some pretty interesting stuff on this thread for sure @Ethin

Saphirewild said:

You do some pretty interesting stuff on this thread for sure @Ethin

Thanks! I'm not sure I know how to do it any other way.laugh 

edited March 2023

I don't really know if this belongs here but it's my thread so I'm putting it here.

So... A.I, it's all the RAGE these days, and one of the selling points I keep hearing is "It's a powerful tool for artist". Ok, so what can it do for me, besides sucking all the fun and sense of accomplishment out of my art. Maybe generate images for texture resources? I now have 232 images that might be handy for doing more furry bump maps. Okay, what else? Post-working D|S renders? Ok, now Aiko has the armpits and smile I always wanted.

In all the messing around it didn't take long to notice that the AI was really good at hair and fur. Hmmm... fur. Now post-working a furry is tricky, if you give the AI too much freedom things go horribly wrong very quick.

Well after lots of frustration and boredom I figured out something that would work.

It is definitely not a quick fix, no one AI image is perfect, I had to cobble together a half dozen to dozens of images for each one of these. Just thought I'd share.

rabbitComposit.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 584K
    fantasy__stone_room__wizard_chamber__one_girl__solo__female_focus____cute_anthropomorphic_rabbit_gir_Seed-676947_Steps-70_Guidance-30.jpeg
    960 x 1280 - 278K
    Ai Nun Bunny posed C 02 Ai.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 501K
    Ai Melody really Regal Floof test 02 Ai.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 300K
    Ai Mel SaberTooth Test 02 Ai.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 577K
    Ai Melody Promo 07 Ai.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 800K
    Ai KrystalH SciFi 2022 Test 01Ai.jpg
    960 x 1280 - 702K
    Post edited by Ethin on

Re-Brith (Aka The Cloners Are Panty Thieves, But I Sure Their Intentions Are Purely Scientific.)

Apparently some artifacts have gone missing from the historical archives, maybe the "boys" at the temporal cloning lab know something.

Starring Bill Redfern's very own Mzzkiti sporting her brand new commissioned texture set created by yours truly.

(cue Weird Al's "I Think I'm a Clone Now")

edited October 2023

Spooky tuxedo cat wip.lolcheeky

I did the face and tail but then got lazy and borrowed the rest from Age of Armour's Skulduggery so I could see what a full texture set might look like.

Skelly Cat 01b.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 698K
    Skelly Cat 01c.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 608K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited October 2023

...And here is an orange cat to go with the black cat.

TabbyTom Pumpkin Cat 03c.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 828K
    TabbyTom Pumpkin Cat 03.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 855K
    TabbyTom Pumpkin Cat 03b.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 851K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Too "fit" to be Garfield! wink

Seriously, that's a great texture set!

• Agreed, they are great. I love the skeleton set in particular. Regards, Richard.
    edited October 2023

Redfern said:

Too "fit" to be Garfield! wink

Seriously, that's a great texture set!

Thank you!

It's Pandora's box is what it is, and I'd better close it quick before I get too far down the tabby rabbit hole.

Definitely not Nermal.

Grey Tabby test 01b.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 622K
    Post edited by Ethin on

richardandtracy said:

Agreed, they are great. I love the skeleton set in particular. Regards, Richard.

Thanks! 

edited December 2023

I've been wondering, if I started selling stuff at some none DAZ/Poser site like gumroad, how would I go about doing advertising?

Post edited by Ethin on