Making of my next scene. How I work with bryce

12346»

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,996

Hi Marco, nice to see you around. Your work is stunning, absolutely fantastic.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    Thank you Mermaid ! You'll also find some of my renders at New World Digital Art. I'm very proud that some of my Bryce work have been selected to be part of this hall of fame artists galery : https://nwdagroup.com/gallery/
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,098

c-ram : I agree with the others, this is really fabulous work.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117

c-ram - great you still use Bryce now and then, Marco. Wonderful old city render and absolutely astonishing modeling work with Wings. Thank you also for the link. Congratulations to have one of your works in the hall of fame. It's not only the tools you use, that you are a great artist I have known since I have seen your artwork on bryce5.com.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

akmerlow, thanks for the link.

Wouldn't it be nice to work with Speedtree. Unfortunately, it is a bit too pricey for me.

edited July 2021

Thanks Akmerlow for bringing up this thread. I enjoyed reading it, very inspiring. I always browse the "Show us your Bryce Renders" threads which are full of ideas and inspiration.

Apparently I did not use C-ram's file but worked along from scratch. Unfortunately I can't find his file or my working files about 5 or 6 of them.sad That's the price I paid in the past, when I did not backup my files to an external drive, and suffered a few system crashes. Now backing up to an external drive is a bi-monthly routine. smiley

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

C-ram: Wow, what a magnificent scene and render. I recognise the view, have a similar photo made many years ago. You modelled all those houses? Fantastic. It is very realistic. Can you give an indication how many hours it took to set up this whole scene (just an estimate)?

edited August 2021
    Thank you Hansmar. The modeling was the most time consuming part of this project. This took me about one month and a half to model all the buildings. I might say that I've got the chance to live close to this place so, I went there last year to take some photos to get solid references for the scene. If you Google lens my render, you'll find photos from the exact environment. The background sky in my render was made with Terragen.
    Post edited by c-ram on
    edited August 2021
    One last word : I've render the final image at the incredible size of 8000 per 4000 pixels for a futur print.
    Post edited by c-ram on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219

c-ram said:

slepalex said:

c-ram said:

Step eight : working on some foreground vegetations, I run xfrog and search into the Oceania packages to find some good tropical vegetation. I export them to 3ds format and then load the textures into photoshop to scale them down. I don't need a 4000 per 4000 pixels map for palms fans and it'll cost a lot of memory usage.

Here are some few examples :

Absolutely right! It seems to me that for leaves enough 512x512 or even 256x256 pixels.

I must rewrite my sentence when I say that I'm usually bored with normal mode render. I'm bored with MINE but, with bryce, everyone must have its own way and its own style so.. if I could write that T.A mode is my render style, I will be proud because since Bryce 7 exist, I'll never get back to another render mode even if other renders from other users using other approach looks great. I don't know if I'm using the right way to lighting a scene or composing it, all I know is that I'm still enjoying the way I'm doing it.

Bravo! You Do You, I Do Me, They Do Them... It's all a wonderful bunch of choice!

c-ram, I'm just getting here (Bryce forum -  still not in Bryce just yet - soon!) and am absolutely loving this thread, and the renders you're showing along the way are really nice!

I'm just turning to page three, reading everything as I go. I'm having a lot of fun reading your process! Thanks for this!

Wow. Very wonderful reading!

c-ram, thank you for sharing your workflow! I really enjoyed this!

Mermaid, you did a fabulous job all the way through! I really loved seeing you play with this project and follow along with your own set of eyes! Bravo!!!

Dartanbeck - thanks I had lots of fun doing this "project".

mermaid010 said:

Dartanbeck - thanks I had lots of fun doing this "project".

I know... I can tell! :) Very cool!