Win fake internet points, pick awesome Carrara how-to subjects...

13»

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,044
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    And I thought I would get praise for posting a reference pic of someone paid not to fall over. Oh well, maybe next time.

Wow! You weren't kidding about a lot of reference images that wouldn't meet the TOS and illustrate your point. Imagine if I had posed her in high heels like most of those models were wearing.
    :bug: :red:

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Speaking of which...try this trick. Stand flush up against a wall and try to touch your toes. If you are male, you'll fall flat on your face. If you are female, you can do it. Why? Different centre of gravity:)

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    And I thought I would get praise for posting a reference pic of someone paid not to fall over. Oh well, maybe next time.

Wow! You weren't kidding about a lot of reference images that wouldn't meet the TOS and illustrate your point. Imagine if I had posed her in high heels like most of those models were wearing.

Interesting....

A lot of people won't take 10 minutes to investigate and do it right the first time, but you can bet they'll spend hours and hours after the fact trying to prove they were right.... :) :) :)

At least I got you guys thinking about it....

edited December 1969

diomede64 said:

Interesting....

A lot of people won't take 10 minutes to investigate and do it right the first time, but you can bet they'll spend hours and hours after the fact trying to prove they were right.... :) :) :)

At least I got you guys thinking about it....

Yeah. That's it.

Actually when diomede said he couldn't post them, that's what got me to think about it....

• That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited December 1969

While it is a still image, it is meant to be a moment in time of a parody. It's a riff on those un-realistic bikini car wash scenes that were all the rage in the late '80s and early '90s teen oriented movies. If you want a more disturbing parody of those scenes, then rent Dodgeball. Frickin' hilarious and so wrong.

Besides, my center of gravity would be different from a pro football player and a model with "super model" proportions. Hell, sometimes my center of gravity is so off, I fall off the crapper. ;-)

I discovered Dodgeball one evening after a very difficult day at work and it saved the day. Laughed so hard it got wired into my DNA.

She could just have a very heavy foot. Mine sometimes feel like they are anchors for a battleship...

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    diomede64 said:
    Please don't find center of gravity by examining where it would be if an artist's model was trying to hold a pose. In a snapshot of people in real life, one can't know where the center of gravity should be unless one knows where and how the person will be in the next moment. The running back in the attached pic did not fall over.

Shocking as it may seem, but sexy babes trying to tease while washing a car sometimes move from being over a bucket to being bent over the hood of a car. If so, their center of gravity would not be where one would expect if a sexy babe was trying to hold a pose over a bucket in front of a mirror.

I confirmed this by searching for pics on the internet. The following running back did not fall over even though the center of gravity would be different if a person tried to hold a similar pose in front of a mirror.

NOTE: I first searched for sexy babes washing cars but the TOS wouldn't let me post those. ;-)

I just had to do the same search. .. I don't think I am supposed to see such things.
    Joe, what have you started.

edited December 1969

More of the same old same old? ;-)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,870
    edited December 1969

Varsel said:
    diomede64 said:
    diomede64 said:
    Please don't find center of gravity by examining where it would be if an artist's model was trying to hold a pose. In a snapshot of people in real life, one can't know where the center of gravity should be unless one knows where and how the person will be in the next moment. The running back in the attached pic did not fall over.

Shocking as it may seem, but sexy babes trying to tease while washing a car sometimes move from being over a bucket to being bent over the hood of a car. If so, their center of gravity would not be where one would expect if a sexy babe was trying to hold a pose over a bucket in front of a mirror.

I confirmed this by searching for pics on the internet. The following running back did not fall over even though the center of gravity would be different if a person tried to hold a similar pose in front of a mirror.

NOTE: I first searched for sexy babes washing cars but the TOS wouldn't let me post those. ;-)

I just had to do the same search. .. I don't think I am supposed to see such things.
    Joe, what have you started.

did same... didn't see any cars .. :ohh:

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,937
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Speaking of which...try this trick. Stand flush up against a wall and try to touch your toes. If you are male, you'll fall flat on your face. If you are female, you can do it. Why? Different centre of gravity:)

every time I do that I bang my head on the wall. Am I doing something wrong?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Varsel said:
    Tim_A said:
    I do hope this render finishes before the deadline! When I left the house it was 3 hours done and 6 to go. When I got back it was 7 hours done and 12 to go. (that water does rather slow it down!!!)

Still, here's a little smidge in progress :)

One thing that I discovered when I made the waterfall in the challenge, is that if you turn of the refraction on the watershader (in the transparansie channel ) it will render quicker.
    If you also make the waterobject with thicknes, it might help it to look more real, when turning of refraction.

The picture so far looks great. Great idea.

Excuse any writing errors. I am on a tablet in the car.

Morning all.

It's now at 16 hours elapsed with 22 to go, and it still isn't clear of the bottle. I think I'm going to have to abandon this render because it simply won't be finished in time. Varsel, I'll try your no refraction idea, and if that doesn't work, I'll have to turn down settings...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,956
    edited December 1969

Varsel

Excuse any writing errors. I am on a tablet in the car.

not driving I hope
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Use meta-balls in your emitter!

Evil,
    I know you're proud of that image of the bikini girls, but I will give you a crisp $100 bill if you PLEASE re-pose and re-render it, with the girl on the left NOT in some physically impossible pose, with all of her weight causing her to topple head first into the front quarter panel of the car.

Please. :) :) :)

He, JoeMamma, I already saw women in this pose… but in other circumstances ;-P (sorry for the puritans).
    There is not only the center of gravity which is to be taken into account, there is also the force of the muscles (here, the feet).
    As it was said, certain poses of the real life taken at a given moment, are sometimes impressive, the Internet abounds in .pps with this kind of photos.

edited March 2015

He, JoeMamma, I already saw women in this pose… but in other circumstances ;-P (sorry for the puritans). There is not only the center of gravity which is to be taken into account, there is also the force of the muscles (here, the feet).
    As it was said, certain poses of the real life taken at a given moment, are sometimes impressive, the Internet abounds in .pps with this kind of photos.

DUDU, keep in mind that when you say you saw "this pose", it's an oversimplification of a fairly complicated balancing act.

Yes, I think your point is that the feet play a role in the balancing act. Yes, of course. The extreme is if you are buckled into a pair of skis, which give you a VERY wide base so that you can still maintain "balance" when you'd otherwise be falling flat on your face. And large feet, extended in the right way, can compensate for a significant amount of "off balance".

But it's still a fairly simple mechanics problem. Draw a straight vertical line thru that base, the center of your feet, and add up the weight on each side of that line. It needs to balance or you will fall.

If you look at the girl in Evil's image, and draw a straight vertical line, you will see that the feet are not positioned as a wide base, and clearly the amount of weight on either side of that line is not nearly balanced.

Here is an image of an extreme case of someone bent at the waist, and with their arms extended. But the reason she doesn't fall is in the feet. Notice the large feet acting as a wide base. Draw the line I was talking about, and you can see that the weight is balanced on either side of that line.

1306338592_bethenny-10.jpg
    414 x 462 - 18K
    Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
    edited December 1969

I could do that with feet togethers a little time ago, but it was especially thanks to the force of my toes that I arrived there.
    This (pretty) woman does not require for that considering the base is broad (as you say it).

edited December 1969

.. and Yes, the right leg of the EP's girl is a little to vertival, but she's very sexy like that ! :-P

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited December 1969

Here is a side-by-side of a picture of a pretty model holding a pose and a picture of someone doing an action for which the pose is meant to emulate. This is called the "Heisman pose." The center of gravity from the still pose is different from the center of gravity taken from a picture of a person in action. Yoga and similar pics are often not "realistic" reference pics for slice of life renders. No need to demand realism when the goal is to titillate, but there it is.

I tried to find a picture by searching for slight variations on sexy babes washing cars, such as sexy babes washing cars sponge, and sexy babes washing cars suds, but still have trouble finding good comparison pics within the TOS. Rest assured the search will continue.

heisman_guy_in_motion.jpg
    240 x 300 - 12K
    heisman_chick_2.jpg
    686 x 960 - 67K
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    Here is a side-by-side of a picture of a pretty model holding a pose and a picture of someone doing an action for which the pose is meant to emulate. This is called the "Heisman pose." The center of gravity from the still pose is different from the center of gravity taken from a picture of a person in action. Yoga and similar pics are often not "realistic" reference pics for slice of life renders. No need to demand realism when the goal is to titillate, but there it is.

I tried to find a picture by searching for slight variations on sexy babes washing cars, such as sexy babes washing cars sponge, and sexy babes washing cars suds, but still have trouble finding good comparison pics within the TOS. Rest assured the search will continue.

Thank you for your ummm... sacrifice...? ;-)

edited March 2015

diomede64 said:

Diomede, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Yes, a still pose is different from a moving pose due to effects of inertia. So what is your point? The forces must balance or you'll fall. The reason the center of gravity can be "off" in a moving pose is because inertia counteracts and keeps you from falling. Just like when you're running and you "lean into" the run. Your center of gravity is "off" because you have inertia in the direction of your run to keep you from falling.

The woman in Evil's image, if you draw a vertical line like I suggest, is not balanced. And she doesn't have any significant inertia to keep her from falling. Again, what is your point?

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:

Diomede, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Yes, a still pose is different from a moving pose due to effects of inertia. So what is your point? The forces must balance or you'll fall. The reason the center of gravity can be "off" in a moving pose is because inertia counteracts and keeps you from falling. Just like when you're running and you "lean into" the run. Your center of gravity is "off" because you have inertia in the direction of your run to keep you from falling.

The woman in Evil's image, if you draw a vertical line like I suggest, is not balanced. And she doesn't have any significant inertia to keep her from falling. Again, what is your point?

My point, repeated over and over, and attested to by other (male) forum members, is that when a woman wants to tease, she is typically not constrained to standing within a narrow circle such as the top of a pillar (although that is cool in some clubs), and neither is the woman in EP's pic. She may be STEPPING forward, not FALLING forward. Or, hopping to the hood of the car, or about to slide to the side while appearing to move the hips forward. You know, things teasers do. Thus, the center of gravity would NOT be the same as the center of gravity of a person trying to remain standing in a single spot.

You say you agree. Why can't we stop there?

This is all in the spirit of learning about center of gravity and balance, correct? This is all in the spirit of helping EP make edits to his pic if he chooses to do so, right? If the artistic vision of this car wash scene is of women pretending to be washing cars, but actually making movements like titillating dancers, then it might be helpful to know that a dancer sometimes moves side to side and steps front/back and twists and leaps forward and jumps backward and squats and.... If so, a snapshot would not have the center of gravity in the same place as for models trying to hold a pose.

Dancers (teasing and otherwise) don't fall down just because their center of gravity is not in the same place as someone holding a still pose.

Again, you say you agree. Good. I provided reference pics found on the web. Good, right? Please let me agree with you that center of gravity would be a good thing to understand and explore further (although I don't presume that other forum members don't already know this). And please let me post reference pics from the web helping to extend your point about center of gravity to situations in which people are caught while in motion, as opposed to just standing still.

I really thought I would be getting kudos for this one. Thought I hit all the right buttons this time - referring to how people actually move, posting comparison pics found on the web. Maybe next time.

• MarkBremmerMarkBremmer Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

Winners announced (yes, there is more than just a few fake internet points awarded)

Check the "'Tis for the Glory #2" thread at Renderosity.com in the Carrara forum for winners and explanations. I'm waiting to hear the subject matter that the winner will choose for our next challenge. Congrats Tim_A!

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

pimpy said:
    My image of water from the top (Mediterranean Sea) and a funny water scene (Follow me!)

These are awesome!

Make sure they are also posted in the Renderosity.com Carrara Forum in the "'Tis for the GLORY #2" thread since that is where the challenge is.

Fantastic.

Hi Mark
    thank you for your comment!
    I'm sorry but I had some problem with my pc the last weekend and it is been impossiblefor me post my work on the Renderosity Forum.... will be for the nex time!