Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,622

Llola Lane said:

OK.... Since I did fireworks last month I figure I'd borrow a scene from a famous movie.  Anyone recognize which one it is???

Oh, I like that scene :) I did think about trying to do one from the movie before I went down the other route.

junk said:

Llola, honestly I see that Daz overall is less busy. 

• All forum activity seems to be down the last few months by 15-50%. 
    • All gallery activity is down by about the same. 
    • All contests seem to be down by some percent. 
    • DeviantArt.com is way less active since AI exploded on the scene. 
    • Instagram seems 10-25% of the people who created Daz imagery are also creating AI imagery now.

I'm afraid that AI is affecting everyone's outlook not just in Daz3D.  That's my fear.  When someone can create images in less than 10 seconds that is better than a weeks worth of editing can do... I don't see how it couldn't affect all art based software.

Your thoughts?

I guess I picked a bad time to start getting into this then :( #LateToTheParty

Hopefully, even tho the AI stuff is bound to increase, there will still be room for us humans to stay relevant.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

junk said:

Llola Lane said:

I guess I'm loosing my gang for monthly renders???  Is Independence Day/4th of July throwing you all off???  Remember I'm a little lax with the rules... so anything that is your interpretation from your part of the world is pretty much ok with me :)  I'm working on mine... Half a month to go. 

Ps... Start thinking if you wanna give up my monthly challenge... I have a great idea for next year but I won't post it if no one seems interested any more.  You all think on it :)

Happy Holidayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Hugzzzzzzzzzz

Llola

• Instagram seems 10-25% of the people who created Daz imagery are also creating AI imagery now.

I'm afraid that AI is affecting everyone's outlook not just in Daz3D.  That's my fear.  When someone can create images in less than 10 seconds that is better than a weeks worth of editing can do... I don't see how it couldn't affect all art based software.

Your thoughts?

ok.. since you asked for my thoughts... I have dabbled a little with AI... but... I do enjoy the process of 'creating'... putting together an avatar... clothes... adding a scene... etc.. etc.  The AI artworks that I have seen come no where near realistic.  They are rather funky looking.  

I can't say what other peeps think... but... I... myself don't see giving up Daz anytime soon.  ;)  Plus.. I don't like the idea of having to pay for another subscription that the AI companies want... Plus... anyone can steal creations.  At least with Daz I can say... "I... made it myself!"

Not sure about your stats... I don't follow the numbers like most peeps.  I'm not a popular artist so I know my artwork isn't looked at by most peeps.  But I keep trying ;)

SofaCitizen said:

junk said:

Your thoughts?

I guess I picked a bad time to start getting into this then :( #LateToTheParty

Hopefully, even tho the AI stuff is bound to increase, there will still be room for us humans to stay relevant.

Oh I think you don't have anything to worry about SofaCitizen... I'll be around at least til my Daz membership gives out... and I just paid til April of 2026!  lol

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

OK.... Since I did fireworks last month I figure I'd borrow a scene from a famous movie.  Anyone recognize which one it is???

Oh, I like that scene :) I did think about trying to do one from the movie before I went down the other route.

The 'other route' was a great choice ;)

Llola Lane said:

Oh I think you don't have anything to worry about SofaCitizen... I'll be around at least til my Daz membership gives out... and I just paid til April of 2026!  lol

Well, that's good to hear :) Although, after the various sales and at the rate I produce renders I'll probably only have gotten through about 10% of my assets by then :/

Hopefully, I'll start speeding up a bit eventually :)

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

Well, that's good to hear :) Although, after the various sales and at the rate I produce renders I'll probably only have gotten through about 10% of my assets by then :/

Hopefully, I'll start speeding up a bit eventually :)

Well my new computer is faster... but my brain isn't... lol.  Takes me longer to put a scene together these days than to render!  lol

Llola Lane said:

Well my new computer is faster... but my brain isn't... lol.  Takes me longer to put a scene together these days than to render!  lol

Oh, well I can't imagine being able to put together a scene in a single evening, that would take much more talent and experience than I have. I guess that comes back to me focussing on overly-complicated stuff and also changing my mind about major parts half-way through. I don't think I have the artistic or creative skill to make something good with only a few select assets like you and others can tho. I will keep trying every now and again to see if I can learn it but in the meantime I think I will have to continue with the overly-packed scenes that take me a week or so to finish.

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

Oh, well I can't imagine being able to put together a scene in a single evening, that would take much more talent and experience than I have. I guess that comes back to me focussing on overly-complicated stuff and also changing my mind about major parts half-way through. I don't think I have the artistic or creative skill to make something good with only a few select assets like you and others can tho. I will keep trying every now and again to see if I can learn it but in the meantime I think I will have to continue with the overly-packed scenes that take me a week or so to finish.

And these challenges help... Just think... ya have a whole month to make something for DECEMBER = Easter!!!  hop to it!  lol

Llola Lane said:

And these challenges help... Just think... ya have a whole month to make something for DECEMBER = Easter!!!  hop to it!  lol

Haha, well I have some ideas although not formed into a full scene in my head yet.

This evening and next are reserved for trying to finish up a submission for the new users challenge tho before the gates of November slam shut for another year.

• junkjunk Posts: 1,245

Llola Lane said:

junk said:

Llola Lane said:

I guess I'm loosing my gang for monthly renders???  Is Independence Day/4th of July throwing you all off???  Remember I'm a little lax with the rules... so anything that is your interpretation from your part of the world is pretty much ok with me :)  I'm working on mine... Half a month to go. 

Ps... Start thinking if you wanna give up my monthly challenge... I have a great idea for next year but I won't post it if no one seems interested any more.  You all think on it :)

Happy Holidayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Hugzzzzzzzzzz

Llola

Your thoughts?

ok.. since you asked for my thoughts... I have dabbled a little with AI... but... I do enjoy the process of 'creating'... putting together an avatar... clothes... adding a scene... etc.. etc.  The AI artworks that I have seen come no where near realistic.  They are rather funky looking.  

I can't say what other peeps think... but... I... myself don't see giving up Daz anytime soon.  ;)  Plus.. I don't like the idea of having to pay for another subscription that the AI companies want... Plus... anyone can steal creations.  At least with Daz I can say... "I... made it myself!"

Not sure about your stats... I don't follow the numbers like most peeps.  I'm not a popular artist so I know my artwork isn't looked at by most peeps.  But I keep trying ;)

I appreciate your thoughts my friend and LOVE your love of the kitties!  By the way my boy, once named "Ollivander", now named "Buddy" is doing incredible and thriving.... We're all so happy as one small family now.

I freak out at times about AI thinking... what's the use.  I apologize if my negative feelings and depression of AI might have come on a little strong.  Honestly you are right that the journey is the gold.  If we get happiness/pleasure out of creating something then that's what's important.  

On a side note... you are able to download a "local" running Stable Diffusion for free that will fit within the 8GB VRAM of your 3070 GPU.  You could then run an unlimited amount of images and play to your hearts content.  If interested where to download it for your Windows computer just message me through the messaging system. 

Thanks for listening and for an excellent monthly contest.

-Tom

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,265
    edited December 2022

"Happy Easter"

Easter.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

AgitatedRiot said:

"Happy Easter"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Agi... Thank you for starting us off!!  Hop hopppppp!!!  lol.. Well done.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,265
    edited December 2022

Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

"Happy Easter"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Agi... Thank you for starting us off!!  Hop hopppppp!!!  lol.. Well done.

The man in the Trailer doesn't know that Rabbit season has been over for months.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Easter

Goldberrry leaps from egg to egg before attacking the chocolate bunny.

(3Delight $ Gimp)

nattaruk said:

Easter

(3Delight $ Gimp)

YAY another Easter post... THANK YOU nattaruk... I guess I haven't lost everyone yet.  lol.  Now I wanna eat a chocolate bunny.. lol.  Well done.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2022

nattaruk said:

Easter

...nobody knew what had happened in the attack, only that Bunny had vanished into thin air and was not seen for centuries...until one day...

Easter Greetings from a lost boy;)

Destroyed Mall Bunny g.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Sven Dullah said:

nattaruk said:

Easter

...nobody knew what had happened in the attack, only that Bunny had vanished into thin air and was not seen for centuries...until one day...

Haaaaaaa.. I looooooooooove the way you continue nattaruk's story... Well done Sven Dullah... Glad to see I still have some takers on my challenge... I best get 'hoppin'... lol

edited December 2022

Llola Lane said:

Sven Dullah said:

nattaruk said:

Easter

Haaaaaaa.. I looooooooooove the way you continue nattaruk's story... Well done Sven Dullah... Glad to see I still have some takers on my challenge... I best get 'hoppin'... lol

Hehe thanks but, in all honesty, my render was cooking when nattaruk posted his excellent piece of art, so I had to either scrap the render or change the story:)  Thanks nattaruk, my original story did suck:))

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,235

I'd like to participate next year, depending on the themes. As long as it's something I can animate, I'll give it a shot.

Gordig said:

I'd like to participate next year, depending on the themes. As long as it's something I can animate, I'll give it a shot.

It would be great if you could join in the fun Gordig... I have a wonderful theme planned ;) 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I just can not wait untill next year to find out the new themes!!

edited December 2022

Saphirewild said:

I just can not wait untill next year to find out the new themes!!

haaaa.. you will have to... I will post them on the 30th.. ish... You'll be soaring in the clouds when you see what themes I have planned.... giggles

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited December 2022

I decided to be cutsie for Easter and the last render for this thread from me... Good way to end the year... Only a few more days left... Post'em if ya got'em!

Not used this bunny before... It looks pretty good with Iray after I tweaked a few numbers.  ;)

"Easter Bunny"

EASTER done sign.jpg
    1044 x 1044 - 611K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

It sure does, nice one Llola Lane!

Looking forward to seeing your next year's evil plandevil

Sven Dullah said:

It sure does, nice one Llola Lane!

Looking forward to seeing your next year's evil plandevil

Thank you... muhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

The Easter Hare's Gift

I used a hare for this image because the pagan festival which was celebrated in Spring was the festival of a goddess named Eostre whose symbol is a hare. The name Easter is derived from her name. The egg is a symbol of new life and the resurrection which Christians celebrate at Easter.

• sueya said:

The Easter Hare's Gift

I used a hare for this image because the pagan festival which was celebrated in Spring was the festival of a goddess named Eostre whose symbol is a hare. The name Easter is derived from her name. The egg is a symbol of new life and the resurrection which Christians celebrate at Easter.

I like your image. I also like how you pointed out the pagan rites that Christians cover in ways most don't know about.  

AgitatedRiot said:

sueya said:

The Easter Hare's Gift

I like your image. I also like how you pointed out the pagan rites that Christians cover in ways most don't know about.  

I agree, nice one! 

sueya said:

The Easter Hare's Gift

Oh sueya... that is wonderful... and thank you for the info.  I love it!