Is anyone happy with products being broken into parts and sold seperately?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410

I've been a PA now for 18 yrs and since day 1 we've done singular and bundles. I personally hate paying for extra stuff I don't want or need. Most people kitbash so not everything in a pack is needed or wanted so offering individuals and then bundle is the obvious choice. We've tested the theory (with our stuff) and people much prefer individual products than all discomposing products.On some of our biggest packs we've done we've sold almost as many singular packs than we did bundles.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,248

AndrewJJP said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Same outfit entire bundle $13.97

KUJ Steampunk Explorer Bag for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females | Daz 3D  $9.07

KUJ Steampunk Explorer Dress for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females | Daz 3D $9.07

KUJ Steampunk Explorer Goggles for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females | Daz 3D $9.07

KUJ Steampunk Explorer Jacket for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females | Daz 3D $9.07

That's a bit silly! You expect to pay a little more for separate items, but does this one really cost 2.5x as much? I think it's usually fairly sensibly priced though, that's a bit of an exception. I almost wonder if that was a mistake.

My point is it is cheaper to buy the bundles. That's me. I don't blame the PAs because they run with separate items, giving the people what they want. As long as they still have the bundle I'm fine. 

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156

does not matter to me one way or the other how they sell stuff i have enough of it to last me a lifetime.

Add that after how all my comments had been modded over the trifled littlest things because it was not align with the TOS.  , I took up flying UAV instead its a heck of a lot of fun,

I took these pics chasing a thunderstorm about 10 miles behind it tonight with a Mavic UAV at 400 feet .  

Party On dude's!

Dji_0084.jpg
    4000 x 2250 - 1M
    Dji_0085.jpg
    4000 x 2250 - 974K
    Dji_0089.jpg
    4000 x 2250 - 975K
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Again, the problem is not the idea. The idea on its own is fine.

The problem is the potential for abuse of this. How much do you guys trust Daz-Tafi?

• melaniemelanie Posts: 769

I think it's a great idea! I've bought just the parts I want, and for a smaller price than the whole outfit set. I hope they keep doing this.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Yeah, I'm fine with it.  In most cases, these are items by reliable vendors.  They're great if there's a "buy 2 new releases" requirement to qualify for a fat discount for other things AND the items are useful.

Even if I didn't like it, no one's arm is being twisted.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,617
    edited May 2022

outrider42 said:

The problem is the potential for abuse of this. How much do you guys trust Daz-Tafi?

Abuse? Beyond generally rising prices and store clutter? Rising prices are a fact of life. Store clutter... How did this become a trust issue?

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,636

How do we feel about this kind of thing for non-clothes (e.g. environments). I've got a set in the works that could be split into smaller prop-sets.

So, for example, lets say the desk and chair is one item, the room and fixtures is another, the workstation and science-props are another, the emergency shower is another.

Not sure if I'll do this as it's extra work setting up the products and doing promos, but if it'll lead to more sales of people who just want that one prop...

• Wicked WhompWicked Whomp Posts: 214

I like having items split. Some outfits can have an amazing top/bottom/accessory ect., but then the rest can be either pretty meh, or in some cases I'll already have something so similar that it would be a waste of storage space to purchase the new set.

• inception8inception8 Posts: 280

richardrhinson said:

is this a DAZ choice, or just some gimick being used by some content creators to try and get more space on a page to try to get people to pay attention?
    I ask as it's becomming a nusaince, and now this most recent offer by one vendor is acting like each part is worthy of a being priced like a new character, and the bundle outfit together is priced like is a Pro Bundle.
    Is this the way it's going to be going forward?
    If so, can we get a filter option to filter out 'parts' so we can just see the over priced bundles that we won't get anyway but at least if they someday go on a steep sale we'll think about it?

I think.

No. It's not a gimmick in the way in which it was expressed in that statement. It is however an opportunity. An option given. And I think it's a great idea that I took advantage of a few times so far. It does have very good value.

You see a top from an outfit. Everything else you can do without. How is that a bad thing if you can just buy that? People love options.

- People are annoyed by 4/5 more thumbnails than normal in the user interface presentation because a product is broken into individual pieces and yet the interface provides the ability to already have  60/120/ALL as a viewing feature of the site. Yeah I dunno. Annoyed that there's an over abundance of thumbnails that are already present.

Maybe there's just a need to take fingers off the mouse and step back for a moment. Take a breath. Go for a walk.

• mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574

inception8 said:

richardrhinson said:

is this a DAZ choice, or just some gimick being used by some content creators to try and get more space on a page to try to get people to pay attention?
    I ask as it's becomming a nusaince, and now this most recent offer by one vendor is acting like each part is worthy of a being priced like a new character, and the bundle outfit together is priced like is a Pro Bundle.
    Is this the way it's going to be going forward?
    If so, can we get a filter option to filter out 'parts' so we can just see the over priced bundles that we won't get anyway but at least if they someday go on a steep sale we'll think about it?

I think.

No. It's not a gimmick in the way in which it was expressed in that statement. It is however an opportunity. An option given. And I think it's a great idea that I took advantage of a few times so far. It does have very good value.

You see a top from an outfit. Everything else you can do without. How is that a bad thing if you can just buy that? People love options.

- People are annoyed by 4/5 more thumbnails than normal in the user interface presentation because a product is broken into individual pieces and yet the interface provides the ability to already have  60/120/ALL as a viewing feature of the site. Yeah I dunno. Annoyed that there's an over abundance of thumbnails that are already present.

Maybe there's just a need to take fingers off the mouse and step back for a moment. Take a breath. Go for a walk.

I disagree with your comment on just a "few more thumbnails". The recent lists are growing 3-5 times as long as before. I have my interface set to list all, but after scrolling for a couple of pages (which really just represents a small number of products) I'm done with scrolling so I don't bother going any further. If you want my money, provide me with an efficient interface to find the products that might appeal to me. Otherwise, I'll take my money elsewhere. To be honest, these sales pages had been so big even before the breakout items that I often abandoned scrolling over the entire category. Now, with the change, I actually see even fewer distinct products before I close the tab.

I'm fine with the concept, I just think the current implementation wasn't given adequate consideration. 

• nemesis10 said:

It is an attempt to please those people who see an outfit and say "I only want the shoes... the rest is useless to me". 

Pretty much. And I'm one of those people. You'd be so surprised to see how many outfits all seem to come with some variation of thigh-high boots, both heeled and flat.... and I already have like 20 of them in my Daz Library, I don't need more! Honestly, I'm sick and tired of thigh-high boots. I don't want the boots, I just want the dress. and so on forth.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I like it as it lets me piecemeal buy on my meager budget over time much more easily. I did that with the football bundle & the leprechaun bundle. To a lesser degree, both the his & hers ballet bundles.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,540
    edited May 2022

For the couple of items I've checked, the full set is 2 or 2.5 times the price of a single item.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

So today we have a 20$ outfit split into 60$ bits, a 22$ outfit split into 70$ bits and a 33$ env split into 70$ bits. How exactly can anyone see this as a worthwile deal is beyond me. If you want 2 bits you're paying pretty much the full price. If you want 3+, you're paying more than the entire item (ot full price in case of the env).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,863

yes and no, today for example I can see the point of just buying the room as I have all those alchemy props in other forms if I wanted it

or

the Wizard props for a different outfit

even the tunic to wear with my multitude of pants, boots and capes I already have but not if buying the props also

• ravvenkitsuneravvenkitsune Posts: 77
    edited May 2022

ioonrxoon said:

So today we have a 20$ outfit split into 60$ bits, a 22$ outfit split into 70$ bits and a 33$ env split into 70$ bits. How exactly can anyone see this as a worthwile deal is beyond me. If you want 2 bits you're paying pretty much the full price. If you want 3+, you're paying more than the entire item (ot full price in case of the env).

This is the first time it's really irritated me. I know Daz has gone all in on the cash grab lately (I don't want to blame it on PAs individually, I'm assuming that this is a corporate decision) but this was pretty bad. I mix and match everything, so there are always bits in bundles that I don't use. But things like matching panties for a dress, a necklace, or a leather wrist band? Just throw it in the bundle, I will never in a million years pay $10 or whatever for it on its own. If all of the bits in the broken-out outfits all added up to the price of the outfit that would be fine, then people can pick and choose - but they don't.

Post edited by ravvenkitsune on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited May 2022

outrider42 said:

Daz, yeh I had a good opinion of them, and generally they didn't let me down.

Tafi? Well... I don't trust em at all. Here's hoping that they'll change my mind.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Not at those prices.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited May 2022

SnowSultan said:

Why is this even an issue if the items are sold both as a set and individually? As long as the prices for individual items don't add up to be much more than the full set (meaning the individual ones are priced higher), I only see this as a good, additional option.

They usually DO sell for significantly more when sold individually, but my attitude on that is that if people want to pay extra, that's their business.  Honestly, I've just assumed that the main reason they went to that model is that it makes bundles look bigger when you list both the complete item and then all the seperate pieces. 

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

The individual items should cost more than the bundle price, but I believe SnowSultan was talking more in degrees: they shouldn't be SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive individually than as part of a set. 

edited May 2022

This

I was looking at the pieces of the young wizard bundle  as mentioned earlier and have concluded it's not really worth buying just the books and bags which are static props even though I considered it, had they been just $2 cheaper with discount (or if the book closed and bag opened) I definitely would have bought them.

there are 6 things at $9.95@ in a Bundle of $19.95

(I am not DAZ+ either so at $6.97 30% discount it is definitely steep for me to buy only one thing as opposed to $13.97 for the bundle)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Haven't bothered to compare individual prices added together vs a bundle- but the two should be comparable or the bundle cheaper. One advantage is the individual pieces going into Fast Grab whereas bundles are more rare to find there. I'm okay with it except it clutters up the page a bit.

• arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 268

I agree that it makes sense the bundle's a bit cheaper than the sum of the seperate parts, but it seems like the prices are getting more and more, well, absurd really. Take today's new outfit (dForce Cassandra Goddess Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females Bundle | Daz 3D) Full price, it's $27. The sum of its parts? (13 each) $65. That's... that's kinda mad tbh. More than double. 

It seems like the point of these breakout bundles is to be able to buy a *single* item they may want (or get money out of someone that wouldn't normally buy an outfit). Like, if you're wild about some pants. But if you want any more than that, you'll always be better buying the bundle. And presmably daz isn't going to do the 'pay for only what you don't own' for these smaller 'bundles'

• I personally hate how bloated it makes smart content, if I opt to buy the bundle/outfit I would much prefer if it were packaged as one product in smart content, the bloat is really getting to me. Aside from that I see why it makes sense to do, just not at the prices they keep trying to sell the pieces at. Today's new outfit (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-cassandra-goddess-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-females-bundle) highlights a serious problem with this new shift, I know inflation was getting bad but...the prices are getting ridic.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

Silent Winter said:

How do we feel about this kind of thing for non-clothes (e.g. environments). I've got a set in the works that could be split into smaller prop-sets.

So, for example, lets say the desk and chair is one item, the room and fixtures is another, the workstation and science-props are another, the emergency shower is another.

Not sure if I'll do this as it's extra work setting up the products and doing promos, but if it'll lead to more sales of people who just want that one prop...

i'd be quite happy with splits like this as long as they make some kind of sense - the current wizard room is doing it well I think, itemwise. Just please don't go over the top with the splitting and especially the pricing. Thanks for asking and sharing your thoughts!

• DripDrip Posts: 1,142

Well, something to always consider: do you really need that stuff right away? And this is something I'm taking into consideration more and more often. Buy those 1-2 pieces I really like right now, or buy the bundle, which has 1-2 really nice pieces, another 1-2 useful pieces, and then 1-2 pieces I don't care about right now, or should I just wait a few months till there is some offer where the bundle is for sale for as little as just one of those really nice pieces? Especially since the discounts on new releases took a dive the past year, and everybody is suffering from inflation in some way, that last option is becoming really attractive to more and more people.

I don't know how the DAZ+ discounts stack up but figure the bundles would definitely pay much better than they do for me

• DripDrip Posts: 1,142

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I don't know how the DAZ+ discounts stack up but figure the bundles would definitely pay much better than they do for me

Generally it's just the price you see multiplied by 0.7. But discounts which do not stack with other discounts (they don't stack with the Daz+ discount either, but simply replace it) seem to become more common.
    For now, it's still worth it to me. I have reconsidered Daz+ a few times, but then Petipet came with something extremely interesting, which made me happy I didn't cancel anything yet.

edited May 2022

yeah the money DAZ has pried from my sweaty hands has been from those sales that don't work with other discounts devil

So not being in DAZ+ did not curb my spending as much as I hoped cheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on