The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Here is an ivy girl if I can post it. Rendered with iRay.

Hey cute, she looks as if she belongs on a flower or under a shady leaf :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    chohole said:
    TroutFace said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I just wish Bryce were 64 bit. Working under only 2GB of allocated memory is constraining.

I would pay cold, hard cash for a 64-bit Bryce.. I don't want to go back to my ancient copy of Vue, man, was it a pain the tailfin to use.. argh..

Wouldn't we all. LAA does help a little though. http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

Tiling an image would take the pressure off 32bit apps :)

how long til 128 bit apps? :lol:

I guess whenever ppl feel they are running out of 64 bit address space :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,452
    edited June 2015

tjohn said:
    Charges for shipping and handling always sounds weird to me. I know what shipping is, but what exactly is "handling"? They charge extra for touching an item during shipping?
    Breakfast ho!

I guess they phrase it "shipping and handling" because "shipping" can be checked and calculated by the customer. But "handling" is completely arbitrary. It's how much they want to charge for packing & addressing & stock management & salaries & bonuses & trips to Cancun & private schools for the owner's kids & what-ever-else they think they can get away with without having to reveal anything.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

I tried writing on my tablet

Four stared at the girl's dead body. She apparently jumped out of her tower. He could have helped her a long time ago but did not for whatever reason he forgot. Or maybe he tried but tried in a wrong manner. Rapunzel was the girl's name. Her long red hair made a bed for where she lied. She looked asleep in some ways if it was not for the unnatural way she lied on her hair.
    He had to do something quick before the Prince saw him or the witch came to check on the girl. He could revive her but that would not help her broken heart. She was dead in a way for some time. Her heart was broken when she saw the evil on the planet that her moon orbited. Four looked closely at the young girl. He examined her with his supernatural senses and noticed there was a small lump on her belly. She was barely showing but he knew that the Prince had touched her some months ago. At least once Four mused.
    He touched the dead girl's stomach and whispered some magic words. What was in the girl's belly magically appeared in an older form in front of him. It was a girl who appeared to be a toddler but Four knew that the child should have been a premature baby if it was not for his magic. He took a pair of scissors from his bag and cut a pocket of Rapunzel's hair. He held the hair as he picked up the toddler.
    'Hush,' he whispered. He took her to an old tree and flew up to a sturdy branch and waited while combing the girl's hair with his fingers. He was waiting for the Prince to return as Four had a plan. It might change things for him but it was worth the risk. Or was it?

It is not much but waiting for the muse to return.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited June 2015

Goo'Noon :)

3 days til the official start of summer. it's a solstice!

they playing the old Dark Shadow radio show at the day job. ever so often i hear a nasally ehh cackle cackle cackle "shadow knows"

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,178
    edited December 1969

Good afternoon! I just got an email from Mirye about a new beta called OneRender 3D. It seems to be an online renderer, in the cloud, with HDRI and very real looking results. I don't have time for betas, I've been working a lot on my website. But it looks interesting. It's something by Meshbox Design.

Dana

edited December 1969

owwww anyone know an available dentist?

2nd day of toothy hurty. might be time to have it yanked. oww oww
    i haven't been to a dentist, well, wasn't even a dentist, an orthodontist to get my retainer out in 1985.

need to try some of that ambersol. or a shot of jack. owwwww

no insurance, gotta hope my lil paycheck will cover a yanking.

edited December 1969

i haven't been to a dentist, well, wasn't even a dentist, an orthodontist to get my retainer out in 1985.

I know a dentist but he does not live near you.

edited December 1969

I know a dentist but he does not live near you.

I mean I have a dentist but do not know of him really well.

edited December 1969

thanks. dentists are traumatizing. but the pain will not go away without help. :shut:

what is a root canal? is it better than yanking the whole tooth out?

haven't won the lottery, gotta hope they'll take me on a payment plan.

edited December 1969

Home now. My back and my leg hurt, but I do not know why.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited June 2015

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    bus she's a comin.

need to pick up lotto tickets. gotta be in it to win it :cheese:

...now look sharp folks
    queue yourselves up
    so you're ready to board
    without a fuss
    'cause here come da bus
    ...here come da bus
    ...here come da bus

fabulous old bus, the modern ones don'ht seem to have any character at al :)

...yeah, rode on that particular model a lot when I was young. They even had real leather cushion seats (same as the trackless trolleys and GM "5000 series" did) instead of this hard plastic with vinyl or cloth rubbish in the middle (literally a pain in the bum especially for us older folks). The windows actually opened vertically (like on a school bus) which gave excellent air circulation on hot days, no need for fuel guzzling air conditioning.

Fig 1 Marmon "Trackless Trolley". (Milwaukee had an extensive network of these, one of the largest in the nation)

Fig 2. GM 5000 "Old look" series

The electric bus is real cute, ours are green and run on tracks and are not very elegant at all :lol:
    ...same here. Portland used to have trackless trolleys as well.

Would almost do to going back to them considering some of the hills we have as they fare a lot better on steep grades than diesel buses do. On one route which I used to ride to work there is almost a mile long grade that at some points is 6.5%. On the hill climb, the current buses at best reach maybe 15 - 20 mph, taking over five minutes with a lot of "jerky" up and down shifting as they are three speed automatics. A trackless trolley could make the climb at near the posted speed limit (40) in less than three minutes as electric drive provides direct power to the wheels.

BTW love the sign. Here they just mention a train is 55 tonnes. I think if they used a similar graphic (particularly since skateboarding is so popular here) people might actually catch on to how dangerous these things are.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I forgot that I had iray render on

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Good afternoon! I just got an email from Mirye about a new beta called OneRender 3D. It seems to be an online renderer, in the cloud, with HDRI and very real looking results. I don't have time for betas, I've been working a lot on my website. But it looks interesting. It's something by Meshbox Design.

Dana

..received the same email last night. Interesting, but it didn't mention whether it's biased or unbiased.
    edited December 1969

thanks. dentists are traumatizing. but the pain will not go away without help. :shut:

A root canal is a lot more expensive than just an extraction. It kills the nerve, allegedly, to that tooth so there is no more pain, but it's only the first step in getting a cap. You can't just leave the decayed tooth there, that would be bad. Getting a cap can be a good thing or not. I had one a few years ago. Something went wrong and it had to be removed. It was expensive, too, so I said just remove the tooth entirely. Some people experience a lot of pain from a root canal, but I was fine. The guy gave me a prescription for Vicodin, but I didn't even fill it. I was fine the next day...even that day.

Dana

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

..received the same email last night. Interesting, but it didn't mention whether it's biased or unbiased.

Rendering in the cloud might be a bit iffy, too. How secure is it? And if it claims to be very secure, you know hackers will take that as an invitation and a challenge and they'll be all over it. Then they'll sell your art somewhere. Not sure it's a great thing, but I bet it will catch on if it has good results. And that promo does look very good. It probably has a lot of computing power, being in the cloud. That's one of the draws of cloud computing. Although I think it's better suited to running websites and businesses. Lots of servers for a lot of power.

I guess we'll soon see how it turns out. I'm sure we'll be seeing renders in a little while. There are a lot of adventurous folks in these forums.

Dana

edited December 1969

Morning. Pale winter sun glowing like the moon on the horizon behind some ugly looking stormclouds and cold - a jumper and jacket kinda day so far :)

edited June 2015

DanaTA said:

A root canal is a lot more expensive than just an extraction. It kills the nerve, allegedly, to that tooth so there is no more pain, but it's only the first step in getting a cap. You can't just leave the decayed tooth there, that would be bad. Getting a cap can be a good thing or not. I had one a few years ago. Something went wrong and it had to be removed. It was expensive, too, so I said just remove the tooth entirely. Some people experience a lot of pain from a root canal, but I was fine. The guy gave me a prescription for Vicodin, but I didn't even fill it. I was fine the next day...even that day.

Dana

vicodin? i think that was the stuff Dr.House was addicted to on the tv show.

i took 2 aleve liqui gels, helping some.

i'd like to try some vicodin

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited June 2015

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Rendering in the cloud might be a bit iffy, too. How secure is it? And if it claims to be very secure, you know hackers will take that as an invitation and a challenge and they'll be all over it. Then they'll sell your art somewhere. Not sure it's a great thing, but I bet it will catch on if it has good results. And that promo does look very good. It probably has a lot of computing power, being in the cloud. That's one of the draws of cloud computing. Although I think it's better suited to running websites and businesses. Lots of servers for a lot of power.

I guess we'll soon see how it turns out. I'm sure we'll be seeing renders in a little while. There are a lot of adventurous folks in these forums.

Dana

...another concern with a cloud rendering service being hacked, you are sending a raw scene file with all the data for all the geometry, morph, and texture files used, so not only would just the hacking be an issue, but, possibly pirating of the actual meshes. This is part of the reason Daz has been so cautious about 3D printing permissions.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Pale winter sun glowing like the moon on the horizon behind some ugly looking stormclouds and cold - a jumper and jacket kinda day so far :)

you haz the storm clouds too? theys all over the planet seems

edited December 1969

sleepy tired. happens to me every night, wuz up wid dat?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

sleepy tired. happens to me every night, wuz up wid dat?

Yeah, really. I ate and slept last week, but I still keep getting hungry and tired.

edited December 1969

Waaaah sun came out from behind clouds but was in a meeting and now it is disappearing behind more storm clouds. That is my complaint :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

you haz the storm clouds too? theys all over the planet seems

We're getting some weather from the Southern Ocean, coldest here for fifty years the radio is saying cos the sun is always behind overcast. This cab seems warm and comfortable enough tho, wanting to go back to sleeps :lol:

edited December 1969

root canal == $$$$$ but you get to keep the tooth at least *sympathizes*

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

...another concern with a cloud rendering service being hacked, you are sending a raw scene file with all the data for all the geometry, morph, and texture files used, so not only would just the hacking be an issue, but, possibly pirating of the actual meshes. This is part of the reason Daz has been so cautious about 3D printing permissions.

Render farms take care not to "lose" assets in my experience, makes sense cos they want your business again. The agreement/TOS covers those concerns in the fine print :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    bus she's a comin.

need to pick up lotto tickets. gotta be in it to win it :cheese:

...now look sharp folks
    queue yourselves up
    so you're ready to board
    without a fuss
    'cause here come da bus
    ...here come da bus
    ...here come da bus

fabulous old bus, the modern ones don'ht seem to have any character at al :)

...yeah, rode on that particular model a lot when I was young. They even had real leather cushion seats (same as the trackless trolleys and GM "5000 series" did) instead of this hard plastic with vinyl or cloth rubbish in the middle (literally a pain in the bum especially for us older folks). The windows actually opened vertically (like on a school bus) which gave excellent air circulation on hot days, no need for fuel guzzling air conditioning.

Fig 1 Marmon "Trackless Trolley". (Milwaukee had an extensive network of these, one of the largest in the nation)

Fig 2. GM 5000 "Old look" series

The electric bus is real cute, ours are green and run on tracks and are not very elegant at all :lol:
    ...same here. Portland used to have trackless trolleys as well.

Would almost do to going back to them considering some of the hills we have as they fare a lot better on steep grades than diesel buses do. On one route which I used to ride to work there is almost a mile long grade that at some points is 6.5%. On the hill climb, the current buses at best reach maybe 15 - 20 mph, taking over five minutes with a lot of "jerky" up and down shifting as they are three speed automatics. A trackless trolley could make the climb at near the posted speed limit (40) in less than three minutes as electric drive provides direct power to the wheels.

BTW love the sign. Here they just mention a train is 55 tonnes. I think if they used a similar graphic (particularly since skateboarding is so popular here) people might actually catch on to how dangerous these things are.

The Rhino thing is quite famous here, real good PR for once and socially useful as well, iz the age of miracles ! :lol:

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,452
    edited June 2015

Ambesol does work for some pain. But it's only temporary relief and needs to be reapplied several times a day. OK for surviving a weekend to get to a dentist but not for the long run.

Of course it all depends on the source of the pain. If it's deep seated tooth rot or jaw infection then serious work needs to be done. But if it's just surface infection of gums or an exposed root, then time, cleaning, and healthy mouth care can take care of it for a while.

I have a problem with exposed tooth roots. The porous nature of the root material lets sugars and other chemicals seep through to the nerve and cause nagging and quite irritating almost severe pain. However, I've found (by the recommendation of my dentist) that "Sensodyne" toothpaste designed with particles just the right size to plug the tooth root pores works quite well to keep my tooth pain in check as long as I continue to use the "Sensodyne" toothpaste.

I also have had a problem with popcorn hulls getting wedged under my gums, next to a tooth and hidden there breeding infection that was excruciating until I finally cleaned well enough to find the infected popcorn hull and dislodge it. Afterwards, antiseptic mouthwash and keeping my mouth clean eventually cured the infection.

I believe in dentists. Been going to them all my life. I thank my mother for that habit. Yes, they are expensive and unless you're employed by a really successful company you probably don't have very good (if any) dental insurance. I'm retired and have discovered that Medicare doesn't cover dental work. I have a Medicare "Part C" ("Medicare Advantage") plan through UnitedHealthCare and there's something in the phonebook sized plan specification document that says that it covers some sort of dental work but my dentist always claims that they never get any reimbursement from UnitedHealthCare so I end up footing the entire bill. My standard cleaning and checkup is $98. A crown recently cost me $800. I don't know what a root canal would cost but it won't be cheap. But if your pain is severe you should have a dentist look at it. Not to panic you, but tooth problems can become extremely serious if left unattended.

One alternative if you're in a big city area is to look for a dental college and see if you can get in as a patient and get the courage to volunteer to let dental students practice on you for a lot less money than a licensed practicing dentist (I'm always afraid of that word "practice" when applied to people poking around in my body.)

If worse comes to worst and your tooth has to be removed then you can tell the dentist that he can keep the tooth in lieu of cash, he must have a better connection to the tooth fairy than you do. %-P

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited December 1969

I tried writing on my tablet
    Four stared at the girl's dead body. She apparently jumped out of her tower. He could have helped her a long time ago but did not for whatever reason he forgot. Or maybe he tried but tried in a wrong manner. Rapunzel was the girl's name. Her long red hair made a bed for where she lied. She looked asleep in some ways if it was not for the unnatural way she lied on her hair.
    He had to do something quick before the Prince saw him or the witch came to check on the girl. He could revive her but that would not help her broken heart. She was dead in a way for some time. Her heart was broken when she saw the evil on the planet that her moon orbited. Four looked closely at the young girl. He examined her with his supernatural senses and noticed there was a small lump on her belly. She was barely showing but he knew that the Prince had touched her some months ago. At least once Four mused.
    He touched the dead girl's stomach and whispered some magic words. What was in the girl's belly magically appeared in an older form in front of him. It was a girl who appeared to be a toddler but Four knew that the child should have been a premature baby if it was not for his magic. He took a pair of scissors from his bag and cut a pocket of Rapunzel's hair. He held the hair as he picked up the toddler.
    'Hush,' he whispered. He took her to an old tree and flew up to a sturdy branch and waited while combing the girl's hair with his fingers. He was waiting for the Prince to return as Four had a plan. It might change things for him but it was worth the risk. Or was it?

It is not much but waiting for the muse to return.

Hey intriguing and OK now I wants more please ?

edited December 1969

Ambesol does work for some pain. But it's only temporary relief and needs to be reapplied several times a day. OK for surviving a weekend to get to a dentist but not for the long run.

Of course it all depends on the source of the pain. If it's deep seated tooth rot or jaw infection serious work needs to be done, but if it's just surface infection of gums or exposed root, then time, cleaning, and healthy mouth care can take care of it for a while.

I have a problem with exposed tooth roots. The porous nature of the root material lets sugars and other chemicals seep through to the nerve and cause nagging and quite irritating almost severe pain. However, I've found (by the recommendation of my dentist) that "Sensodyne" toothpaste designed with particles just the right size to plug the tooth root pores works quite well to keep my tooth pain in check as long as I continue to use the "Sensodyne" toothpaste.

I also have had a problem with popcorn hulls getting wedged under my gums, next to a tooth and hidden there breeding infection that was excruciating until I finally cleaned well enough to find the infected popcorn hull and dislodge it. Afterwards, antiseptic mouthwash and keeping my mouth clean eventually cured the infection.

I believe in dentists. Been going to them all my life. I thank my mother for that habit. Yes, they are expensive and unless you're employed by a really successful company you probably don't have very good (if any) dental insurance. I'm retired and have discovered that Medicare doesn't cover dental work. I have a Medicare "Part C" ("Medicare Advantage") plan through UnitedHealthCare and there's something in the phonebook sized plan specification document that says that it covers some sort of dental work but my dentist always claims that they never get any reimbursement from UnitedHealthCare so I end up footing the entire bill. My standard cleaning and checkup is $98. A crown recently cost me $800. I don't know what a root canal would cost but it won't be cheap. But if your pain is severe you should have a dentist look at it. Not to panic you, but tooth problems can become extremely serious if left unattended.

One alternative if you're in a big city area is to look for a dental college and see if you can get in as a patient and get the courage to volunteer to let dental students practice on you for a lot less money than a licensed practicing dentist (I'm always afraid of that word "practice" when applied to people poking around in my body.)

Just cost me $118 for a checkup and clean, sounds about the same as your $98 or maybe just a little cheaper taking exchange rates into account :)

This discussion has been closed.