The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,178
    edited December 1969

So they really don't teach cursive writing anymore? How will people sign contracts, loans, paychecks? Some things are not well thought out these days.

Dana

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,452
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

:bug: How did that get past the mods? :lol:

Dana

Shhh... Context.

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    So they really don't teach cursive writing anymore? How will people sign contracts, loans, paychecks? Some things are not well thought out these days.

Dana

In some places a printed signature is actually legal. :blank: It'll likely end up being a law that a prited signature is as valid as a cursive one.. meh.

I print 99% of the time as my cursive has decayed into squiggly lines that are indecipherable... :red:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

are cornet players sexeh?

tee hee

studying carrara hdri. still very mysterious. :lol:

Doc5.jpg
    558 x 500 - 80K
    Cornet_2.png
    800 x 600 - 552K
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

In some places a printed signature is actually legal. :blank: It'll likely end up being a law that a prited signature is as valid as a cursive one.. meh.

I print 99% of the time as my cursive has decayed into squiggly lines that are indecipherable... :red:

You mean like most doctor's signatures? Or a lot of celebrities' signatures?

Dana

edited June 2015

DanaTA said:

Dana

Personal logos? Which is what signatures really are anyway.

Admittedly I don't write in cursive much anymore. But I can read it, and will decry it's absence.

But just think, grandparents now have a secret language to confound their grandchildren with.

In the future we may be genetically modified to grow little skin tags in hidden places that can be pinched off and affixed to legal documents. :gulp:

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Admittedly I don't write in cursive much anymore. But I can read it, and will decry it's absence.

But just think, grandparents now have a secret language to confound their grandchildren with.

In the future we may be genetically modified to grow little skin tags in hidden places that can be pinched off and affixed to legal documents. :gulp:

Just sign this in blood... *demonic cackling*

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

Pretty much. I create words in about this proportion per way:

Typed on the computer/tablet/smartphone; 95%
    Hand-written notes: 4%
    Signatures: 1%

:blank:

• donahue_shelly@yahoo.com[email protected] Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Tropical Storm Bill has made landfall to the north of Corpus, putting us on the backside of the storm. Should see a lot of rain and some very windy conditions but we're not going to see the full force.

edited December 1969

Tropical Storm Bill has made landfall to the north of Corpus, putting us on the backside of the storm. Should see a lot of rain and some very windy conditions but we're not going to see the full force.

Whew! Don't wash away! :bug:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:

Whew! Don't wash away! :bug:

Bill reminds me of Sookie's friend Bill.

Please be safe.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

No thank you!

Dana

edited December 1969

Be safe. It could always change direction...they like to do that.

Dana

edited June 2015

Aaaand, despite apparently being unable to ship a bloody laptop, my refund has come through in record time and I now have ALL my money back, shipping charge and all! :cheese:

Friday I'll start the transfer into my bank account.. unless I can pay Best Buy via Paypal, then pick up in-store, in which case I'll buy the thing Friday and pick it up Friday night (yes, they have them in stock).

I WANT MY BLOODY LAPTOP! :down:

One hour and ten minutes until I take the bus to shopping, and then I think out for 2 beers, then home. Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh... :blank:

*edit* Best Buy takes Paypal! This is so a done deal on Friday... :coolsmile:

Post edited by Serpent on
    edited December 1969

You know how to whistle, don't you, ? You just put your lips together and... blow

doh, don't have that movie at home.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

You know how to whistle, don't you, ? You just put your lips together and... blow

"You know how to dial, don't you? You just put your finger in the hole and make tiny little circles."

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so after all that, you never made it to the concert at all then?

No. :red:

If I had not had a senior moment at the parking garage I would have made it. But once I was out of the tunnel two miles out of downtown on the wrong side of the rivers again I knew the traffic going back into town was a parking lot, and in town the parking places would be even rarer, I just started for home.

I'd planned to have a nice lunch in the city in some bistro or restaurant and a nice steak dinner on the way home. I ended up at a Bob Evans restaurant for lunch and had a perfectly miserable, tasteless, over-caloried, overcooked plate of mush. Then I diverted from the Interstate and took the mountain route north and ran into terrible rain and the aftermath of rain, flooding the road. I finished the day with a frozen TV dinner from my freezer. Still mulling how stupid I'd been. I was right there. It all would have happened just like I'd planned if only I had not had a brain fart.
    ...aww geeez. :down:

I know the feeling.

smiley-hug008.gif
    125 x 44 - 12K
    edited June 2015

tjohn said:
    For those who have mentioned getting older, me too.
    Beats the alternative, though. :)

When some youngster witnesses me having a senior moment I warn them "Don't get old, the attendant problems are not worth the discount at the movies!".

Wanna feel old?
    http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/chalkboards-lessons-1917-uncovered-oklahoma-school-n375866

The interviewer guy looks at the school blackboards and says "so, this is cursive writing?" as he looks at the 100 year old school lessons. The teacher he's interviewing says "yes, this is what we don't teach anymore".

To my eyes it was all perfectly legible English cursive. Clean & neat. The fact that they felt that they had to explain what it was made me feel like a discarded antique. :-S On the other side of the coin, perhaps I have a future as a translator of cursive English writings. :roll:

When a culture discards a major part of its language some malevolent force is at work.

..would love to see that but apparently someone poured molasses into NBC's servers as I just keep getting the green swirly thingie showing in the tab.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

enjoying a refreshing diet snapple. but really want a s'mores frappucino and a cookie. %-P

...If you can find it, look for Gold Peak Unsweetened tea. Very tasty and no sugar (real or fake) to worry about.
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    TroutFace said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana
    '...lately a few of the pubs/restaurants I go to use a tablet. You are still required to sign but it doesn't have to be your cursive signature. I've used a smiley face, a big "X" (my favourite), and even Leela's name or initials.

edited June 2015

tee hee

...The Trumpet!!! Not the Strumpet!!!!

---Benny Hill.

Nice work. Both Carrara?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

tee hee

---Benny Hill.

Nice work. Both Carrara?

ca :) i remembers Benny Hill. they did like fast forward skits with fun music.

edited June 2015

"You know how to dial, don't you? You just put your finger in the hole and make tiny little circles."

:lol: Breakfast at Tiffany's, silver phone dialer

breakfast-at-tiffanys-.jpg
    1680 x 2000 - 504K
    bogiewhistle.gif
    500 x 278 - 893K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

tee hee

---Benny Hill.

Nice work. Both Carrara?

ca :) i remembers Benny Hill. they did like fast forward skits with fun music.

There was a Benny Hill skit where he had people in little carts that looked like the bottom halves of Daleks, and they scooted around on the stage in time with the music of one of the themes of the "Lt. Kije Suite" by Prokofiev
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmIzZ3tAv58 (example of theme between 8:35 and 9:30 and variations in several other places)
    I've been trying to find a tape or DVD or YouTube of that skit without out success.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited June 2015

Morning. Streets paved with gold - oh no wait - covered in wintery gold and rust; some bare branched trees with gnarly
    arms upstretched to the leaden sky as if pleading for the sun to come back :lol:

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited June 2015

...bugger, almost got me to make a flight reservation, pack my diamond bladed rotary pavement saw and prybar..

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bugger, almost got me to make a flight reservation, pack my diamond bladed rotary pavement saw and prybar..

Missed the gold rush by about 150 years, not altogether a bad thing :lol:

eureka.jpg
    500 x 353 - 43K
    edited December 1969

complaint - i don't feel like walkin the mile to the bus stop >:(

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

Breakfast in bed...

Funny-mornings.jpg
    400 x 268 - 23K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Breakfast in bed...

Your door's lock is broken. You think the door is locked but it is easy to open.

This discussion has been closed.