Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• shadowz said:

I think Adam's most recent character's a dead ringer for Gigi Hadid. 

https://www.most-digital-creations.com/home.htm

The little beauty mark just above the left upper lip is a dead give-away. :-)

• https://www.daz3d.com/omi-for-genesis-8-female

^Omi looks a lot like Kristin Kreuk to me (at least in that main promo shot)

What hair id uded in that promo?

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,948
    edited December 2018
    shadowz said:

I think Adam's most recent character's a dead ringer for Gigi Hadid. 

https://www.most-digital-creations.com/home.htm

Thanks, I was hoping someone would chip in this information, never heard of her unfortunately.

New one added

List 01 - 25 https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4054716/#Comment_4054716

List updated 

CS26 - Emily Blunt

CS27 - Miley Cyrus

CS28 - Gigi Hadid

https://www.most-digital-creations.com/poser_daz_studio_characters.htm

Edited 16th Dec to add link direct to list 01 - 25, thanks to sean2_7606d08833

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    Learstang said:

RY Kian is definitely Adam Driver. The figure can even be rendered with the scar as Kylo Ren (on the opposite side of the face, though). I wish Raiya would do a Daisy Ridley look-alike.

Best Regards,

Learstang

Same.I'm still amazed no one has done a decent Daisy Ridley. Would buy fast.

I'm presuming you don't like the look of SW Rey or SW Rey Resistance for G3F (or V4) at FoRender? (Different clothes and hair in the two sets, but both include a Rey head morph and materials and textures.)

What hair id uded in that promo?

No idea, sorry - it has a little 'Chun Li' vibe to my eyes (and Kristin Kreuk played Chun Li in a less-than-stellar movie)

• eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112

i thought this one came out pretty well

• ironclawxiiironclawxii Posts: 172
    edited December 2018
    DavidGB said:
    Learstang said:

RY Kian is definitely Adam Driver. The figure can even be rendered with the scar as Kylo Ren (on the opposite side of the face, though). I wish Raiya would do a Daisy Ridley look-alike.

Best Regards,

Learstang

Same.I'm still amazed no one has done a decent Daisy Ridley. Would buy fast.

I'm presuming you don't like the look of SW Rey or SW Rey Resistance for G3F (or V4) at FoRender? (Different clothes and hair in the two sets, but both include a Rey head morph and materials and textures.)

Yeah, there's likeness for sure but it's nowhere near as accurate as something like Sangriart would do. Also, the cheeks are very weird, too sunken and with these weird ripple lines. It's like a charicature in my opinion.

Post edited by ironclawxii on
  • sean2_7606d08833sean2_7606d08833 Posts: 40
    edited December 2018
    Haruchai said:
    List 01 - 25 halfway down page 38

If you click on the date of a post, it gives you a permalink to the post. In this case, the post in question is https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4054716/#Comment_4054716

Post edited by sean2_7606d08833 on
    edited December 2018
    Haruchai said:
    List 01 - 25 halfway down page 38

If you click on the date of a post, it gives you a permalink to the post. In this case, the post in question is https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4054716/#Comment_4054716

Thank you for that information. Knew it was possible but never got around to figuring out how to do it so I really appreciate you letting me know :)

• I have been searching high and low for a good "young" Carrie Fisher (Star Wars).  Even tried as far as using FaceGen to create one of my own but I'm not getting anywhere.  Anyone have any good leads?

• I have been searching high and low for a good "young" Carrie Fisher (Star Wars).  Even tried as far as using FaceGen to create one of my own but I'm not getting anywhere.  Anyone have any good leads?

There was a really good Princess Leia by Werts for V4. Unfortunately it's no longer available but I'm sure I have it somewhere. I'll check if the readme allows redistribution if you want it.

leia.jpg
    500 x 310 - 220K
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

I have been searching high and low for a good "young" Carrie Fisher (Star Wars).  Even tried as far as using FaceGen to create one of my own but I'm not getting anywhere.  Anyone have any good leads?

There were decent dialspun morphs of her and Natalie Portman for V4 on sharecg from someone called Celebrity Standin, but it looks like they're not there anymore. She's a difficult subject because a). she only had one major role (across three films when she was young) which means there's a comparative shortage of reference photos, and b). she's good-looking in a very conventional way with a shortage of quirky features (ever heard Trek fans bemoan the lack of good William Shatner morphs? Same problem).

Something else you can try if you're not happy with the facegen results is to check out that feature that allows you to combine two different facegen (*.fg) files and create a face that's partway between the two, on a sliding scale. (When you see people creating speculative pictures of what a celebrity couple's baby will look like as an adult, they're using something similar).

Try creating files for her mom and dad (Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, both pretty famous in their own right). You could either blend them to see if you come up with a version of Carrie Fisher you like better, or hybridize the Debbie file with your existing Carrie file, just to see what happens.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,597
    seeker273 said:

I have been searching high and low for a good "young" Carrie Fisher (Star Wars).  Even tried as far as using FaceGen to create one of my own but I'm not getting anywhere.  Anyone have any good leads?

There was a really good Princess Leia by Werts for V4. Unfortunately it's no longer available but I'm sure I have it somewhere. I'll check if the readme allows redistribution if you want it.

I have that morph and have tried it.  Unfortunately, it's a more "seasoned" Carrie, looking closer to what she did in "The Force Awakens".  (Ironic, given Werts made it several years before that film.)

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern said:
    seeker273 said:

I have that morph and have tried it.  Unfortunately, it's a more "seasoned" Carrie, looking closer to what she did in "The Force Awakens".  (Ironic, given Werts made it several years before that film.)

Sincerely,

Bill

Agreed. The Celebritystandin one was called StarQueens and also depicted her a bit older than the first film. Here is the promo pic taken from the zip file I have.

Starqueenad4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 82K
    edited December 2018

For fear of seeming to be a smart a$$, which one is supposed to be Carrie?  And who is the other "celebrity"?

Oh, to clarify, the render Werts depicts of his (her?) morph is pretty decent, just a bit older.  But the morph itself, at least when I loaded it did not look as good as Werts' piece.

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
    edited December 2018
    Redfern said:

For fear of seeming to be a smart a$$, which one is supposed to be Carrie?  And who is the other "celebrity"?

Oh, to clarify, the render Werts depicts of his (her?) morph is pretty decent, just a bit older.  But the morph itself, at least when I loaded it did not look as good as Werts' piece.

Sincerely,

Bill

As Odaa mentioned above, Carrie Fisher (on the left of the picture) and Natalie Portman is on the right. I make no representation of how good they are :)

Ok, so it turns out I have 3.

Celebritystandin on the left. scott8539 in the middle and Werts on the right. No render just a screen grab of the morphs on an untextured V4.

The scott8539 is a little younger looking but alas is no longer available at ShareCG either :(

CF.png
    1603 x 647 - 1020K
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,543
    edited December 2018
    Haruchai said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

As Odaa mentioned above, Carrie Fisher (on the left of the picture) and Natalie Portman is on the right. I make no representation of how good they are :)

Celebritystandin on the left. scott8539 in the middle and Werts on the right. No render just a screen grab of the morphs on an untextured V4.

The scott8539 is a little younger looking but alas is no longer available at ShareCG either :(

I have the Star Queen morphs and don't like them.  Right now, the best way to get a good depection of Leia is to use an XPS model extracted from Battlefront 2 (free and legal) that you can download over at DA.  You can use a free program called XNALara to pose her (it's a bit of a challenge compared to DAZ), then export her out as an OBJ.  You can then import her into DAZ, convert her textures to IRAY and render.  I've done this with Luke and Han and they came out nice, altough, I made them look more like paintings in Post-Work.  I know that's a lot of steps, but It's the best way I've found of doing Star Wars Fan Art that actually looks like the original actors.  You can check out my gallery to see what I mean.  I haven't done Leia yet, but I plan too.  Oh one more thing, messy hear does not export/import well.  WIth Han and Like, I had to get rid of the original hair and replace it with DAZ hair (manually placed).  Chewbacca was a horrible, I couldn't use him.  Leia's hair might fair better though.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    Haruchai said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

I will admit Scott's version is the best of the 3.  It's a shame he pulled all his stuff from ShareCG.  That might have been at the time the site was considering a "hosting fee".  The notion of having to pay in order to share freebies scared away a lot of people and many of them did not return after ShareCG dropped the idea.

Sincerely,

Bill

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    Haruchai said:
    Redfern said:
    seeker273 said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Agreed. The Celebritystandin one was called StarQueens and also depicted her a bit older than the first film. Here is the promo pic taken from the zip file I have.

I think Werts and CSI were both aiming for Return of The Jedi Carrie, where she looks a bit older and more careworn than in the previous two movies, due either to lifestyle choices catching up with her or the weight loss required for the Jabba The Hutt scenes showing in her face.

That may have been the intent, but it looks like they "overshot" the mark by several years.

Sincerely,

Bill

• seeker273 said:

That would be great.  Maybe it'd give me a base to work from

• Redfern said:
    Haruchai said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

I will admit Scott's version is the best of the 3.  It's a shame he pulled all his stuff from ShareCG.  That might have been at the time the site was considering a "hosting fee".  The notion of having to pay in order to share freebies scared away a lot of people and many of them did not return after ShareCG dropped the idea.

Sincerely,

Bill

I agree, the Scott's version is definitely the closer of the three. If anyone has ideas of finding this, I would be very grateful

• stephenschoonstephenschoon Posts: 358
    edited December 2018

Sangriart has a new character out at Rendo, no idea who she's supposed to be though...
    S.

EDIT

Eva Green ?

Post edited by stephenschoon on
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 79
    edited December 2018

Sangriart has a new character out at Rendo, no idea who she's supposed to be though...
    S.

Eva Green I believe. The promo images reference 300-Rise of an Empire and Penny Dreadful.

Post edited by MarkH on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,860

Sybilla for Genesis 8 Female looks like Eva Green to me.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=134829&AID=666

edited December 2018

Now we got like four Eva Green, lol.

But as always Sangriart's is the best one. Gonna have to buy it, hehe.

• Now we got like four Eva Green, lol.

So, its "Mrs Green Four-Evaaaa?!??"  :D :D :D

>>ducks<<

edited December 2018

Now we got like four Eva Green, lol.

So, its "Mrs Green Four-Evaaaa?!??"  :D :D :D

>>ducks<<

Lol something like that.

I also got Genevieve for G3 which is a very good likeness of her. But this one is also good, and for G8 is a bonus. :D

And as tradition I will say I hope Sangriart one day does Daisy Ridley. If I say it often enough perhaps it will come true. :D

• eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112

at least it's not another Angelina Jolie laugh

This discussion has been closed.